StrangeFryingPan's Book of Po...

By StrangeFryingPan

Basically a hodgepodge of random one-shots I write randomly. Updates are infrequent, quality may vary, shippi... More

Search History
She's Back!
Reservoir Devils
Life of Cour
New Look, Still Me
Legend's Oblivion
Generic Betrayal Story: Meet the Cast
Mooks in the Limelight
A to Z with Pokemon
In Memoriam, Admire to Kill
Trip to the Pokepark
Can't We Just Get Along?
Start of a New Collection (Crossover)
Bienvenido a Paldea!
Overworked, Overstressed
Amor y Odio (Mayormente Odio)
The Green Light
Badges and Bureaucracy
What Your Favorite Pokemon Character Says About You!
What Your Favorite Pokemon Character Says About You (Part 2)
The Primordial Predator
Idea Dump

Welcome to Pasio!

178 5 10
By StrangeFryingPan

AN: I'm back! Yay! Writer's block been a killer. (Also happy late Fourth of July for us Americans out there) (Also new pfp!) What I say next is very important so listen up!

If you are reading this AFTER Ash is brought into Masters in full, DO NOT leave comments saying I was wrong and whatnot, as this was written before he arrived. I will not tolerate any comments of people trying to be smartasses and boost their ego. If you are this kind of person, go outside and get some fresh air for the first time in two fucking weeks. Well now without further ado, enjoy this one-shot.

______________________________________________

Ash Ketchum walked down the quiet streets of Vermillion City, early in the morning. There's not many people around, leaving just Ash and his faithful Pikachu walking besides him. The sun has just begun to rise, casting a golden light upon the city.

"Now this is nice, isn't it, Pikachu?" Ash asked his partner, "Just the two of us taking a peaceful morning stroll. We should do this more often!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu agreed.

After a couple minutes of walking, both of them heard a low grumbling sound. Pikachu jerks up, looking around for a sign of danger.

"Oh sorry, that was me Pikachu! I'm just hungry, heheh." Ash said, rubbing the back of his head. Pikachu shook his head. Classic Ash.

The two of them decided to look for somewhere to get food, and eventually found a nearby cafe. But before Ash can reach it, a portal like hole opened up in the ground, swallowing both trainer and Pokemon!

"AAAAAAHHH/PIKA!!!" Ash and Pikachu both screamed as they fell in. The portal then closed as suddenly as it opened, leaving the place looking completely undisturbed.

Somewhere else in the world...

Calm waves rolled onto a sandy beach under a bright, cloudless sky. Trees and plants swayed gently in the wind while people and Pokemon are scattered about, enjoying the fine weather. Suddenly, a portal opened up in the air, dropping Ash onto the sand, and Pikachu following shortly after.

"Aaaa- oof!" Ash landed on his back, and Pikachu dropped down onto his chest. "Hey Pikachu? Can you get off me?"

"Pika..." Pikachu apologized and jumped off his trainer. Ash stood up, rubbing his back, and looked around the area. 

"Hmm, I know only one place with beaches like this. And thats- ow my back... And that would be Alola! Let's try and find Kukui's house. Actually, I think Mallow's restaurant might be open, let's go!" Ash raced down the beach, with Pikachu following behind.

A mile or two later with no familiar place in sight, Ash is starting to feel exhausted.

"Ugh, I'm so hungry Pikachu..."

"Pika." 

"I think we might be lost." Ash finally admitted.

Meanwhile, two trainers are strolling down the beach. A red haired girl named Tina, and a black haired boy in teal clothing named Scottie.

"And so like I was saying," Scottie told Tina, "Paulo has to ease up on himself a little bit you know? Everyone's telling him that. For crying out loud we're on an artificial tropical paradise, so have some fun."

"Yeah I agree." Tina said "He's clearly stressing himself out trying to train and get stronger."

"Mhm." Scottie agreed. "And now he ran off to some faraway corner of the island to get stronger. God I think some of the champions are rubbing off him."

"Well let's just hope he'll come back soon and... hey, you see that?" Tina pointed at Ash in the distance.

"Let's check it out."

Scottie and Bettie jogged over to Ash.

"Hey, are you a new trainer? I don't think I've seen you around here." Tina said to Ash.

Ash didn't answer. If anything, he looks pretty unwell.

"Um, are you alright?" Tina asked, concerned.

"Aw man... I can't take it anymore." Ash said, and collapsed shortly after, blacking out.

"Pikapi!" Pikachu's concerned cries rang out.

"Ack! He fainted! Hey, are you alright?" Tina's voice yelled.

Scottie's voice followed, "Crap! Tina! Help me take him to the lobby, quick!"

"Aight."

One Hour Later...

"Mmm, wow dis his da spoh!" Ash said with his mouth full, a small pile of empty plates stacked up in front of him. Pikachu sat on the side, eating from a bottle of ketchup.

Scottie and Tina sweat dropped as they watch the food disappear down the black hole that was Ash's mouth. Tina leaned over and said "Wow, he's like a vacuum cleaner... his table manners are a bit lacking too."

"Tina!" Scottie hissed quietly "Don't say that! At least wait until he can't hear us!"

"Mmm, that food was good! That helps a lot, thanks!" Ash said, patting his belly. "So um... sorry we never got properly acquainted, I was just hungry. Who are you two again?"

"Oh, my named is Scottie, I'm a Pokemon trainer who's pretty new to this, but I'm getting the hang of it, if I say so myself." Scottie introduced himself.

"And I'm Tina, I'm also a Pokemon trainer visiting this region to get stronger! I'm a friend of Scottie." Tina added on. "How about you?"

"Oh, my name is Ash Ketchum, I came from Pallet Town and I aim to become a Pokemon Master! Along with my partner Pikachu of course!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu looked up from his ketchup bottle and waves.

"So Ash, right? Are you new here? Is this your first time in Pasio?" Tina asked.

"Pasio? So I'm not in Alola?"

"Wait, you never heard of Pasio? It's all the rage nowadays!"

"Well I guess I've been living under a rock then. Uh, what's Pasio?" Ash asked bashfully.

"Pasio is an artificial island that's been created for Pokemon trainers from all over the world to come over, team up, and battle to get stronger. Also, the battling here is different. You fight 3v3 battles with each trainer using only one Pokemon called a sync pair! For example my sync pair is Flareon!" Tina explained.

Ash being Ash, was left amazed by all this, "So you're saying strong trainers from all over the world come here to battle?! This is amazing! If I stay here for a while I'll get stronger in no time!"

"You bet!" Scottie said. "I've only been here for a few months, but I would say I've come very far from the boy who knows basically nothing about battling. And I'm able to make all sorts of new friends! Oh, speaking of them, one of my friends right there. Hey!" Scottie, followed by Ash, jumped from his seat and ran towards a brunette girl wearing a red headband, tank top, and black biker shorts. She has a Mudkip following her.

"Hey-"

"Hey May!" Ash called out, interrupting Scottie. "Man it's been so long since we saw each other! How's Max doing? Is your dad still running the gym? And I never knew you got a Mudkip, that's so amazing!"

"H-hold on, please, mister." May said nervously, "I don't think we ever met before!-"

*Emotional Crit!*

" And who's this Max fellow?"

*Emotional Crit!*

" And my dad's a professor. My friend Brendan's dad is a gym leader. And well, Mudkip is my starter, I had him since day one."

"What?!" Ash is all confused now. "Is my memory wrong? We met years ago back in Hoenn, you were starting out your journey and travelled with Brock and I, with Max, your little brother, tagging along. You chose Torchic as your starter, I helped train you and get the hang of Pokemon, you went into Pokemon contests, and then left to travel the world! There's no way all that isn't true. Unless... unless you aren't the May I knew."

"Hang on, go back. What was your name again?" May asked.

"Right, I'm Ash Ketchum, I'm new around Pasio."

"Ok, sorry. Continue?"

"Well," Ash started explaining, "a friend told me about the multiverse theory, where there are an infinite amount of universes, each slightly different than the last, each having its own version and variation of you, me, and everyone and everything in existence. Could perhaps... that portal have taken me to another universe?"

"Portal?" Scottie asked. Tina also arrived at the conversation.

"Yeah, portal. That's how I got here. I was walking around in Kanto when a random portal opened up in the ground, swallowed me and Pikachu before dumping us here. So that portal probably didn't just take me to another place in the world, it took me to an alternate universe! After all, I never heard of Pasio back home." Ash recalled.

"So you're saying you're probably not even from this world?" Tina asked. "Well this is a bit to take in."

"And I'm not sure how to get home. I guess I'm stuck." Ash said glumly.

Scottie tried to cheer him up. "Hey, maybe this is just an issue with space and whatever. I'm sure Palkia knows what to do. Legendaries show up often in Pasio, I'm sure we can find him and get you home."

"Right, so cheer up Ash!" May said as she patted his back. "I may not be the May you knew, but I hope we can become friends!"

Ash nodded optimistically, his signature smile returning to his face. "Right, sulking over a problem won't fix it. I'll enjoy my time here the best I can!"

"That's the spirit!" Scottie cheered.

"Hey, Scottie!" Ash pointed at the Pasio trainer, a determined look on his face. "You said this is a place for trainers to get stronger right? I'm currently competing in the Master's 8 tournament. Just because I'm stuck in another universe doesn't mean I can slack off on my skills and get rusty. Pikachu! Come here!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu scurried over and took a stance next to Ash.

"Scottie, I challenge you to a good old Pokemon battle!"

Scottie grinned and unclipped a Pokeball off his belt. "Pikachu, let's go!"

"Oh a mirror battle! This will be interesting." Tina observed from the side.

"Ya ready?" Ash asked.

"You bet!" Scottie replied.

"Pikachu! Use Thunderbolt!" Both trainers called out, as Pasio welcomes its newest trainer, Ash Ketchum!

The End

_________________________________________

AN: Just a short story I wrote to help me get back into writing. I hope you were able to get some enjoyment out of this. Well now that Ash is coming to Master's EX, I better start saving gems to get him if he becomes playable. Anyways, until next time, StrangeFryingPan out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190 27 14
hi my Marshmallows I came back after a long time as I was busy lazying around its mixed shipping story where you will get to see contestshipping , po...
6.6K 67 32
JUST some cute fluffy one shots of our lovely AMOURSHIPPING (I might write smut okay yes yes I am but not yet anyway first more fluff) Please commen...
86.3K 2.8K 37
Serena is a successful matchmaker and everything's was going smoothly until one day, A mysterious stranger enters her shop. She seems to know him but...
150K 2.6K 31
Serena Yvonne is normal 16 year old high school teen who lives in Vaniville Town and she is kind, happy, beautiful and all those positive things you...