Crash Landing

By The_Autistic_Writer

*Book #1 In The Crashing Series* A long time ago, people used to think that Earth would be taken over by alie... More

Introduction
the beginning
the present
temper
the commander
collette
crazy
supervisor
cargo bay
the calypso
dream
repair
boom
earth
ophelia ❌
creature
knife
male
untying
release
female
formal introduction
leader
palace
gold
casimir
gratitude
human
consumed
good idea❌
wound❌
fate
beacon
Coming Soon...

beasts

1.7K 78 2
By The_Autistic_Writer

*Mae*

Oh, God, no….No, this can't be happening.

This can't actually be happening right now, can it?

My head spun as my panicked eyes gazed upon the scenery that was immensely different from what was on Earth, because if I was on Earth, none of this would actually be here right now.

Most of this beautiful, nearly picturesque scenery of smooth rolling ocean waves, green trees that lay just beyond a faraway golden white sand shoreline could not belong to Earth.

My home planet was demolished from the last time I was there and my only hope had been that, even during the aftermath of the catastrophic events, I'd still be able to find Mama and bring her to the Celestial so we could be reunited as a family of three.

But this wasn't Earth by a long shot and my Mama wouldn't be here which only meant one thing to me now.

I was on the wrong fucking planet and I'm going to die out here without anyone ever knowing I was here in the first place.

Even though I tried to remain calm about the situation, I could feel the anxiety eating away at me, could feel the panic arising in the depths of my chest as a loud, ringing noise suddenly blasted through my ears and it almost made me want to cover my ears from irritation alone.

The noise wasn't any sort of man-made radio like contraption that could put off soundwaves from an unknown destination, this noise was inside my head as my blood pressure was rapidly rising up until all I could hear was the sound of blood pumping through my ears, my knees shaking and knocking together as my chest heaved for air that couldn't push quickly in and out of my lungs like my body was telling it to do.

So that's where I was, having a goddamn panic attack on the damaged landing platform of the Calypso, on an alien planet nonetheless, and I had no fucking clue as to how to get to dry land or how to repair the Calypso since most of my equipment was submerged several feet under the water.

It would be like hunting for a needle in a haystack, virtually impossible and time consuming as well.

Okay, calm down, space girl.

You're not going to get anywhere if you keep freaking yourself out!

Deep breaths in and out, alright?

Just because there was a little mistake with the coordinates doesn't mean we can't fix this!

I do blame the Commander for that because if she wouldn't have fired at me using her leeches of employees, I probably wouldn't have been stuck in this unpredictable situation that I was in now.

I wanted to start pacing, if for only a moment to clear my head, but I knew that nervous habit wouldn't save my ass from the shocking jolt that was my new reality.

Instead, I had to come up with a viable solution to this disaster, starting with the fact that, as odd as it may seem to comments on, the water beneath the Calypso had stopped it's rapid flooding of my spaceship.

My heart leaped in my throat as I realized why the water had stopped gushing in, if the telltale sign that it was sinking beneath my feet wasn't an obvious observation, then the fact that the water was now reaching my waist after barely splashing my feet moments ago caused another surge of panic to flood my veins.

Because the water wasn't receding.

It was going to pull the entire spaceship under in the next minute or so and there was nothing I could do about it.

Or at least, that's what I thought.

Little did I know that the sinking spaceship was going to be the least of my upcoming problems.

As the water sloshed around and my frantic eyes scanned for any life form beneath the watery surface that could potentially harm me, a shimmer of light refracted off the surface of the water, bouncing towards the sand filled shoreline that was only around ten hundred yards away.

I gulped nervously, I was never the strongest swimmer but when push came to shove, I could fly through the water like my life depended on it.

And frankly, I was taking my own life into my hands with the risk of staying in the half submerged Calypso or chancing it by diving into the water with God only knows what lurked beneath the surface.

And that's when I finally made my decision without a second thought of dwelling on the inevitable.

I dove into the water like a graceful swan, because in reality, actions spoke louder than words ever could.

And while in my mind, I was as graceful as a ballerina swimming through the surprisingly thick, heavy and dense water, I was actually only paddling as furiously and as frantically as I could.

Because the sooner I got out of this water, the better of a chance I had at finding some sort of civilization that may help me get back to Earth.

My chest was aching with the force of my arms pounding through the water, the thick murky liquid splashing my face and coating it with its slimy essence.

It felt similar to trying to paddle through a pool of quicksand like mud, nearly impossible but I had to keep trying because I wasn't going to die out in this water or on the Calypso.

I just refused to.

I was going to die on my terms and neither of those destinations were my top picks for choices.

Come on! Just…a little…further…

I was winded, exhausted and ready to give up by the time I crawled my nearly useless body onto the shoreline, heaving pants of breathy air leaving my lungs as soaking wet chunks of red hair clung to the slick skin of my shoulders, chest and face.

"So fucking tired…."

I said to nobody in particular except for the air as I collapsed face down on the cold, wet and gritty sand, reveling in the unique texture that was similar to that of Earth's shorelines lining the various beaches around its planet.

For a moment there, all I could do was breathe in the smell of the ocean, of the sand that stuck to my slick skin like the finest gritty coarse texture there was.

And for just one moment there, I felt, strangely enough, at peace.

Until there was a sharp pain that stabbed into my skin abruptly along with a cry from the depths of the trees that sounded vaguely animalistic.

Perhaps it was the natives of the land?

But the pain was stabbing, sharper than a hot knife driving into my skin and I gasped at the suddenness of it, my already weak body curling in on itself in an attempt to protect and preserve what little assets I still had left to try and protect.

With a startling gasp, I saw the object that was protruding from my side, the weapon that had struck my skin with such force that it would take more than just willpower to try to pull it out of my flesh.

"Shit!"

I gasped when my eyes made contact with the metal arrow, the flared silver tip at the end nearly as sharp at the object lodged deep within my skin.

My hands shook as my fingertips drew near the sight of the wound but the blood seeping out from around the lodged weapon was slow, a trickle of what it would be if I pulled it out with brute force.

And I wanted to pull it out of my body, it was causing me a fuck ton of unnecessary pain and I'm pretty sure it had almost nicked one of my kidneys, which was good because I definitely couldn't handle internal bleeding and a kidney rupture on top of everything else, but I didn't get the chance to even think about dislodging the foreign metal weapon from being embedded deep within my flesh because the next thing I knew, there were two inhumanly like beasts standing over my body baring their sharp teeth with rumbling growls of predatory anger.

I couldn't help the scream that escaped my lungs, terror paralyzing my body more so then any sort of pain of ever could.

These beasts were massive, hundreds of pounds of sculpted muscle tightly wound underneath skin the color of burnt bronze and decorated with vast black markings that belonged to those of ancient tribal symbols, their sizes insurmountable as they easily towered over six or seven feet tall, taller than the largest men back on Earth.

They were deadly, dangerous looking creatures with eyes that burned like the darkest shades of onyx and they spoke in a guttural language, one that was more primitive than I've ever heard before and I had the oddest, sinking feeling that something very bad was about to happen to me if their hunched over body language was any bit of an indicator.

These things….They were dangerous killers, the top hunters on the totem pole and throughout the inhabitable land.

And when their hands, more like paws with sharpened nails, grabbed harshly onto my skin as they dragged me backwards through the sand towards the treeline, my basic human survival instincts kicked in and my screams of panic echoed across the water and possibly the planet as my limbs kicked, punched and grabbed at whatever I could get to.

Because I wasn't ready to die.

Not yet, not now.

I wasn't going down without a fight so they would have to take me wherever they wanted dead then alive.

"No! Let! Me! Go!"

I screamed bloody murder as I kicked and punched like my life depended on it because it really did.

And finally, just when I thought I had gotten the upper hand when one of the gigantic beasts dropped its hold on me, I had been sorely mistaken when one of them let out a planet shaking roar and pinned my helpless, sand and dirt smeared human body down on the ground with a single paw pressed directly against the base of my throat with a tense and firm hold.

The beast holding me down stared with both a mixture of fury and confusion as it bared its teeth at me, the eyes upon it's face filled with darkness and my heart stopped in my chest as I realized the creature was about to kill me.

I was going to die at the merciless hands of an alien-like creature and there was no way for me to save myself.

No chance for me to fight my way out of this.

No one was here to save me now.

But then, the creature stopped only mere centimeters away from my face as the other one spoke to it in the same language as before, their eyes flickering back and forth between each other faster than their mouths or their jaws could move.

It seemed as if they were speaking about something frustrating, probably the fact that they had to kill me, which they probably didn't like since it would inevitably eat up their time to, ya know, folic around in the woods or some shit like that.

With their size though, I highly doubt they were the kinds that enjoyed daily frolicking.

They were at the top of the food chain, anything below them was considered either a snack or a meal.

And guessing by their demeanor, I was about to be either one.

I just hoped that it was a quick death.

I didn't want to deal with agony anymore.

But then, something strange happened. Instead of skinning me with their razor sharp teeth and eating me alive like the savage beasts they were, the one that held me down by the paw on my throat loosened up just enough for me to try and wiggle my way out from beneath the suffocating grip.

God, could they be any stronger?

It was like trying to wrestle with a fucking rhinoceros at this point!

However, my attempts to escape were proven to be useless after all since the beast who had let up on me went back to glaring into my soul before it placed its hand back on my throat and with one sharp press on the back of the fleshy structure, something was triggered inside my brain and everything went dark for what felt like the millionth time in the last few days.

Even though I was undoubtedly pissed at the circumstances, I knew that I would have to face the beasts when I did wake up.

Eventually.

Feel free to comment, like and share, y'all!

-Ro♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4M 183K 58
"𝑰'𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝑰 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉, 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘, 𝒕𝒐�...
229K 9.7K 34
When an Alien ship came to anchor just outside Earth's atmosphere and contacted humans for the first time, the whole planet was in an uproar. People...
1.2M 4.2K 8
The aliens came here for one thing, and one thing only.... Females. ( This story is only available through inkitt or galatea!!!) (some read events ma...
9.3K 578 25
note: this was written by my thirteen year old self highest -- #177 in Science Fiction // From Awkward Stars: "Idiots, how did we loose a sixteen ye...