Date A Nightmare: Route Alter...

By MiraWhitlock

Looking at a scenery beyond of our imagination, Y/N has seen more soltitude than anybody else in this world... More

Author's Note
Illustrations
Prologue
Chapter 1.1: What Was The Feeling Of Saving Someone But Nobody Saves You At All?
Chapter 1.2: What Was The Feeling Of Saving Someone But Nobody Saves You At All?
Chapter 1.3: What Was The Feeling Of Saving Someone But Nobody Saves You At All?
Chapter 1.5: What Was The Feeling Of Saving Someone But Nobody Saves You At All?
Character: Itsuka Y/N
Short Chapter: Why Are You Jealous About Something You Already Have?
Chapter 2.1: W-Wait Shido! We Mustn't Do This! I'm Your Little Sister!
Chapter 2.2: W-Wait Shido! We Mustn't Do This! I'm Your Little Sister!
Chapter 2.3: W-Wait Shido! We Mustn't Do This! I'm Your Little Sister!
Chapter 2.4: W-Wait Shido! We Mustn't Do This! I'm Your Little Sister!
Short Chapter: Tokisaki-san Likes Kitten?
Chapter 3.1: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery
Chapter 3.2: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery
Chapter 3.3: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery
Chapter 3.4: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery
Chapter 3.5: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery
Chapter 3.6: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery
Chapter 3.7: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery
First Year Anniversary

Chapter 1.4: What Was The Feeling Of Saving Someone But Nobody Saves You At All?

2.1K 82 42
By MiraWhitlock

While Y/N and Ellen was confronting, Shido and others was currently facing Westcott and his army of wizards.

Earlier while they're having a discussion for their today's topic, they heard two large explosions coming from the city.

Because of this, the higher ups thought it was a terrorist attack and so the students was immediately ordered to evacuate, but Shido and company remained.

They thought it wasn't just a simple explosion and so they prepared for the worse.

It turns out that DEM is trying to capture Nightmare into their possession.

Shido has a lot of questions to ask but he is more worried about their situation and so instead of asking, Shido and others tries to find their way out of this situation.

"ID: Tobiichi Origami. Deploy CR-Unit!" After transforming, Origami frowned after seeing a certain someone. "Artemisia Bell Ashcroft? What are you doing here?!"

"Did you know her, Origami?" Tohka asked.

"We're not acquainted but I know her due to her fame. She came from SSS. It is an organization in British which is the same to our AST. Artemisia is one of the top five wizards in the entire world so underestimating her is equivalent on throwing your life."

"Kukukuku! Looks like someone study their homework very well."

A tall man with dark ash blond hair, has a pair of sharp dull blue eyes, and has extremely pale skin, wearing a formal jet black suit, suddenly joined their conversation.

"Who are you?" Shido asked.

"Hm? Oh, Takamiya! Long time no see! Don't you remember me? Well, I guess that's understandable. Afterall, the first spirit altered your memories. Then I guess I'll just introduce myself again. My name is Isaac Ray Pelham Westcott. You can call me Westcott if you want. I'm please to see you in good health."

"Takamiya? You know my past?"

"Kuku. Yes, I know it very well. You and your lover. Both of you can be blame to all misfortune happening in this world."

"I don't know what are you talking about but, my surname is not Takamiya anymore. I have been adopted by Itsuka family so I'm currently known by that surname."

"That doesn't matter whether you're Takamiya or Itsuka. What's more important is my goals. Artemisia, time for you to work."

Shido knows that Kotori and the Fraxinus are still on their way so the only thing he needed to do right now is to survive and to buy some time until the reinforcement arrives.

*****

"Phantom? You told me before that you're Tokisaki Kurumi." Y/N exclaimed.

"I lied to you. My name wasn't Tokisaki Kurumi."

"I see.... No wonder why she can't remember me. Afterall, the Tokisaki Kurumi that I met before and the one at the school right now isn't the same person. Now then, should I say long time no see? What do you want from me today?"

"You seems like in hurry so I'll try to make it brief as possible. I came here to give you more power. A power that can annihilate all enemies you encounter."

"That seems a tempting offer, but of course there would be a string attached to it, right?"

"You understand things fast. Indeed, there's a compensation by accepting such things. Afterall, a deal mustn't be one sided only."

"Let me hear the payment first before I decide."

"Very well. What I want is just simple. Believe it or not, you're capable of sealing spirit just like Shido. What I want is for you to seal atleast one spirit."

Y/N was shocked by the information she just dropped, but he immediately composed his self to avoid showing unnecessary weakness.

"Right now, my stance is to refuse your offer. There's a lot of things needed to be clarify. Until you clear all those things, I'll keep refusing."

"I see.... You're being cautious, that's normal. Then I'll try to clarify all needed to be clarify, though it will take a lot of time to explain. I mean, I can't explain it by some few words and sentences. Are you still okay with that?"

Y/N was indeed in hurry so he can't afford to drag their conversation longer, that's why he made an irrational decision.

"Giving me an idea is okay. You don't need to make it long, though I'll still ask for your explanation later."

"I understand. The reason why I asked you such things is to prevent Shido from overheating. The more spirit he seal, the more power he gain, the harder it carries. In order to avoid that, I need another person who has the ability to seal spirit. The more spirit you seal, the better, but one is enough."

"You might explained your motives but there's no guarantee that you're not lying."

"So the problem is the credibility of my words?"

"Well yes, but right now, that doesn't matter. I'll accept your offer." The Phantom wasn't able to utter a single word because she didn't expect the deal to be this easy. "What? I'm in hurry so I don't have any time to deal with your motives. As long as I can seal atleast one spirit, that's already enough for the payment, right?"

"Yes."

"Then we have a deal. Now start explaining to me the power you're offering."

"Very well. It's up to you whether you believe or not but actually, Ellen is using an advance CR-Unit that completely nullifies Nightmare's bullets. It was specially made to confront Nightmare, that's why since from the beginning, you don't have a single shred of winning. Here comes my offer. The power you're currently using is a replica of Nightmare's angel. It means yours are much more inferior than hers. You probably already forgotten it since you requested before to seal your memories, but the Sephira I used to you is just a replica of what I used to Nightmare. But as the time passed, the replica was refined and now I can be able to add another Sephira to make the replica an original ones. This time, it was more powerful than any other Sephira that was refined by time, that is because a replica is capable of absorbing original Sephira."

Phantom paused for a brief second before continuing,

"If I combined a refined replica Sephira and a raw Sephira, I'll be able to duplicate spiritual powers and even improve it's quality compared to the original. In short, if I add a raw Sephira unto you, you'll be able to use Nightmare's power to its maximum or even greater, but that also means there would be some changes in order for it to be compatible to the user. That also means you're going to become a spirit for you to be able to do such things."

Even the explanation was very complicated, Y/N still get a gist of what she is trying to say.

"Leaving everything aside, I'm more curious about the thing where I requested to seal my memories before. There's no gurantee you're telling the truth. If you're lying, even your offer is very tempting, our deal here is done. Afterall, I won't trust someone who can't even tell a truth."

"I knew you would say that. I'll give your memories back to prove my innocence and it is also important for you to be able to use the power that I'm giving to you."

"What do you mean?"

"The stronger the power you use or weapon you wield, the higher compensation is. Since yours are much more stronger than Nightmare, instead of gathering life force from other living being, you will collect their negative emotions. To be more precise, as you kill more and more people, you'll slowly lose your sanity due to the negative emotions you've collected from them. As an advice, use your power wisely. Anyways, did you know why you decided to seal your memories?"

"Obviously, I don't know the exact reason, but I have my guess."

"Yes, that's right. The reason why you sealed your memories is because of the negative emotions you've felt before. Insanity and despair. If I didn't seal your memories back then, you'll probably gone crazy. If you want to take your memories back, the negative emotions you wanted to forget before might lead you to your own destruction, or worse, to the people around you."

Hearing what Phantom said, Y/N can't help himself, but to feel worried.

He was skeptical and hesitant at the same time, but Y/N still make his decision and resolve everything for him to not regret his choice.

"If this is the only way to obtain the power that I need, I'll accept it."

"I see.... So you already resolved everything. I wish for you to not regret the choice you have made."

Then, Phantom snapped her fingers and everything went dark, atleast on Y/N's visual.

*****

Why do you always get an unfair treatment?

What did you do wrong?

Is your existence a mistake?

No one wants to hear any of your reasoning that's because they are always right.

You have no rights to complain as if you are a slave.

You received all the blame even though you did nothing wrong.

Yet you still remained silent as to not complicate things.

You know you're just making the situation worse by keeping your mouth shut, but even you want to speak, no words coming from your mouth, you want to cry but all of your tears are already dry.

What can you do?

Nothing.

Then, what's the reason why you have been born in this world?

Just to suffer?

Or maybe to bring destruction?

All those thoughts was running into his mind.

Always filling his heart an immense hatred.

Ever since Y/N was still a child, he is already getting an unfair treatment from the society.

That includes his family.

At the early age, Y/N was awakened on how cruel the world is.

He always thought that living in this world is a living hell.

Y/N remembers, a certain someone asked him,

"Why do people avoid you?" Then he answered,

"Shouldn't you avoid broken glass as well?"

Ever since that day, that person vanished.

Then, you learned something.

You don't care anymore if no one likes you.

Afterall, you wasn't created to entertain everyone.

It's better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved by what you are not.

You have been enlightened, but that also the reason why you grow more hatred in this world.

After looking the remnants of his past, Y/N chuckled and said to himself,

"If this is really me, no wonder why Tokisaki-san labeled me as an antagonist before. This really looks like some villain backstory, lol."

A/N: I'll only let you peak some few parts of your memories. I don't want to focus on your backstory since it doesn't have any large impact to the story. But well, don't worry, if you still want to know, I'll reveal some parts later as the story progress.

*****

Opening his eyes, Y/N suddenly felt different.

His whole body is glowing and it was light as feather.

He feel a little bit dizzy but it's not that really worse.

Also, his weapons are now gone, making him unarmed.

"What did you do to me?" He asked and so the Phantom replied,

"Combining two Sephira Crystal is success. You can now use your powers."

"But how?"

"You already knew it. Just follow your instincts. By the way, your Reiryoku will be negative emotions and since you already have it in your heart, you have already enough supply for the up coming fight. The life force you got from your enemies earlier was already converted so you don't need to worry anything anymore."

A/N: Think about it. Just by unlocking his memories, he already have enough negative emotions to fight Ellen. Just what happened to him in the past to have much negative emotions?

Y/N is hesitant at first, but just like what the Phantom said, Y/N followed his instincts and said,

"Deploy spirit armor, Noir!"

But nothing happened.

"There might be some errors to consider. Anyways, the light that is glowing around your body can be considered as spirit armor, though you failed to release your Astral Suit."

Y/N just ignored her remarks and continued,

"Show yourself, Primordial God of Time, Chronos!"

A/N: Trivia time! Did you know that Chronos is actually a Primordial God of Time in Greek Mythology? He is the first one to exist before everything was created base on his lore.

As soon as he said that, a large clock suddenly emerged behind him and a sapphire clock like occur in his left eye.

Then, a sharp long sword appeared in his right hand representing as a minute and a dagger in his left as an hour to the clock.

Seeing her plans are going smoothly, the Phantom smiled unknowingly to Y/N and said,

"Before I leave, I just want to add something. Unlike Nightmare, your power has the ability to reset everything you wanted to reset, though it will need an unimaginable amount of negative emotions so I suggest for you to not do that unless it's necessary. Well then, let's meet again somewhere."

With that, Phantom vanished into his sight.

Y/N thought everything was already done and so he sigh, but then, someone tried to sliced him into half.

Thanks to his spiritual instincts, he barely managed to avoid the assault, though it cost him his right arm.

"Agghhh!"

The enemy is still doesn't done and flew towards in his direction with speed, and so Y/N throws a dagger unto her and escaped by entering a dimensional space, similar to Kurumi.

It's a place where they store their clones.

*****

"Who is that?! That's not Adeptus 1!" One of his clones replied.

"If I remember correctly, she is what they call, Alpha-001."

"Huh?! I thought she was already dead?!"

"I don't know what happened but it looks like she managed to survive. Anyways, looks like Kotori sent some of her spirit powers to you. We are being loved by our little sister."

Y/N looked at his wounded arm and saw a fire like with weird color covering all his wounds.

It feels warm and tender.

Not too soon, his arm fully recovered.

"I guess it's time for me to go back."

*****

Meanwhile, Ellen and Alpha-001 is having an argument about something.

"Are you disobeying my orders, Alpha-001? Or should I say, Adeptus 5?" Ellen said mockingly.

"I've done my duty till the end and learned you're not suitable for being a leader, Adeptus 1. Yes, you have the strength, but you don't have the ability to lead an army."

"You're just blaming your incompetence to me. If you guys are not weak, maybe some of you might still alive."

"You're pissing me off, Adeptus 1. As your former comrade, I'll let you aside for now, but when we met again, I'll show no mercy on you." She said coldly while glaring at her.

"I assume that as a treason to our company. As a person who held the second highest authority, I'll bring punishment to a traitor."

Adeptus 5 understood her current situation, that's why she's slightly nervous knowing the chances of her winning against Adeptus 1 are lower than losing.

Ellen was about to engage when Y/N suddenly appeared from his dimensional space.

Since Y/N is now a full fledged spirit, he was able to fly at their direction.

Then, he smiled gently and said,

"Hello ladies. Did I make you wait?"

Seeing how carefree he was as if he didn't perform a massacre earlier, Adeptus 5 was really piss off that she immediately lauch an attack.

Her speed was befitting into her rank, but even so, Y/N easily matched her movements.

This shows how Y/N improved in just a short span of time.

Ellen didn't interfere in their battle, that's because she's currently collecting data about Y/N's changes.

Afterall, she's very experienced when it comes to combat and so she's using everything unto her disposal.

Adeptus 5 swung her arms a tried to slice Y/N again into half, but since he didn't caught off guard this time, Y/N was able to deflect her attack using his sword.

Then, four large box appeared behind Adeptus 5 and started to shoot him with bullets.

Y/N didn't try to evade nor to deflect the bullets.

He just stayed there and bullets eventually hit his body, leaving a lot of holes in his flesh.

Adeptus 5 thought she already won, but suddenly, all her limbs was stabbed by his daggers.

The person she just shot right now is only just a clone.

When she looked at it, she only saw a hand from dimensional space, holding a dagger.

Then, someone suddenly strangle her from behind.

It was Y/N and he is looking at her menacingly.

"You're going to be my first Reiryoku to collect as a spirit so be proud to yourself." Since Y/N needs to collect negative emotions from his victim, he tries to provoke her for the very last time for him to be able to collect more negative emotions from her. "Poor you. You and your comrades will going to die in the same way, though I wish I could taste their bodies even just for once, but no. Afterall, they are already dead, hahahahaha!"

Adeptus 5 was frowning against him as she throws a lot of curse words and so Y/N continued,

"Your incompetence killed your comrades. You're the one who's at fault. Everything must blame unto you, just like how they blame everything unto me. Your weakness disgust me."

Adeptus 5 was turning into pale until she died due too suffocation.

A/N: I actually want to make their battle more detailed, something like breaking a ribs or so, but 3k words is my quota so I'm minimizing words as much as possible because if I won't, this chapter will have a 5th part, which I don't like since I'm a lazy bum.

Y/N doesn't show a single shred of mercy nor pity unto her.

Seeing the situation unfold, Ellen was only able to utter this words.

"You..... You act like a true villain."

"Is that supposed to be a complement? Well, thanks."

"I don't know what happened but whatever it is, you've became crazy."

What Ellen said is true.

Due to the negative emotions he is carrying right now, Y/N is unconsciously turning into a mindless monster.

He is now losing his sanity.

Then suddenly, his vision darkened for some reason.

"Am I... Dead? Or maybe I was blinded?"

As he thought such things, someone strangle him on his neck.

It was Adeptus 5 and looking at her, she's really furious.

"Y-you... I-I thought you were d-dead."

The strangulation was further tightened and so Y/N is now having a hard time to breathe.

He tried to escape from her grip but it was no use.

"You're the one who needs to be blame! You're the one who needs to suffer! You're the one who needs to die! Feel my hatred you bastard!"

In just some few sentences, Y/N was able to understood his current situation.

[I see.... So this is the compensation of using this ability. Even though all of this is just an illusion, their feelings was still being sent unto me. This is bad. If this continues, I'm going to die!]

Y/N continued to struggle.

He tried all types of method to escape, by kicking her ribcage to breaking her bones from her arms, but all those things was useless.

His face was turning into pale.

When Y/N thought he was going to die, he opened his eyes and saw Kurumi embracing him.

Confused by the situation, Y/N asked,

"Tokisaki-san? What's wrong?"

"Y/N-kun? Thanks goodness you're awake! Just rest in my lap and leave the rest unto me."

To be continued
Chapter 1.5: What Was The Feeling Of Saving Someone But Nobody Saves You At All?

*****

A/N: Next chapter will be focused on sealing Kotori, Y/N's and Kurumi's romantic development, and establishment for the the up coming Raid Arc. Now that I noticed, each chapter seems like an arc. So does that mean this fanfic will having ten arcs since I planned to make ten chapters? Who knows, I'm just doing some random bullshit, lolz. Anyways, I'll try to update per chapter from now on and not by part of a chapter. That means it will took more time to update in exchange for mass release.

[If you like the chapter, I recommend for you to click the vote button, and comment your thoughts about the story. Please follow me here in Wattpad if you want!]

- 6/27/22
- 3502

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

419K 17K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
244K 9.7K 60
๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in ๐——๐—˜๐—–๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ OR ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire and charle...
564K 12.6K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
945K 35.9K 85
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...