The Commoner's Notebook

By Rigggell

A knife disguised as a rope. A gun wrapped in a pill. June 19, 2022 On an island located in the Philippines... More

Disclaimer
Chapter One: I can be a dirt
Chapter Two: The First and Second

Prologue

10 3 2
By Rigggell

The Commoner's Notebook

December, 2011

The little girl's eyes widened at the window, hindi mapakali sa loob ng kotse at pumapalahaw ang mga tawa. Puno ng kulay ang mga mata n'ya mula sa mga christmas light ng nadaanan nilang parke. She squeeled in delight.

"Lolo, mas maganda pala 'tong place kay'sa sa old village natin."

Her Lolo smiled widely and warmly. She smiled back.

"Uuwi na ikaw kina Mama at Papa mo."

Suminghap ang batang si Henssy, her little hands flew at her mouth gaping at the old man. "Reallyy? Will I see ate again? I just saw her very very briefly Lolo. I missed her. I'm so alone at our house eh, wala ikaw, wala si Ate, wala si Mama at Papa, may maids pero ayaw nila kong kausap, but I have Chimmy there. Can I bring Chimmy? But Chimmy hates fighting with other dogs, and there might be other dogs here na stranger sakan'ya. Hmp, he's a weak dog, Lolo. He really needs assitance."

Hindi sumagot ang matanda bagkus ay nakatuon ang paningin sa bintana na nasa side n'ya kaya napatingin rin s'ya dito. A big big house! Parang barbie house!

"We're here, apo."

"This is our house??" Nanlalaki ang mata n'ya.

"No... Have you forgotten already, my little hija? This is your neighbors house."

A man in black opened the door for her as well as his Lolo sides na lumipat agad sa katabi n'ya. They were both standing at the big big gate, makikita na sa loob nito ay hindi pa ang bahay but a vast space of green field and in a little far away is a five rest house nipa hut. Hindi puno ng tao pero marami rami, mostly consist of people who has shimmer in their dresses and coats. Sa pinakagilid ay matatagpuan ang malaki at malawak na mansion, four story house, malawak, full of patio in each of the room above and consisting of dark beige colors and outstanding white!

Nanlaki ang mata ng bata ng makita ng maigi ang loob sa nagbukas na gate.

They got inside the mansion where there's a big tarpaulin hanging in the 3rd floor. She read it.

Congratulations Federer Family!

Nilingon n'ya ang Lolo na ngayon ay hawak ang kamay n'ya. Sa likod ay ang apat nilang bodyguards.

"Why are we here ba, Lolo? I thought we're going home? Makikitira ba tayo sakanila?"

Her Lolo chuckled. "Of course not. But we're gonna stay the night here."

As they got in the hall of the mansion, pure of brown and white colors, big big chandeliers in the ceilings and the fancy spiral stairs. Hindi puno ng tao ang hall pero marami rami, ang ilan ay nakaupo sa tapat ng mga pabilog na lamesa, ang ilan ay nakatayo at may hawak hawak na wine glass. They approached a man in his suit sitting in the table set just in front of the stage. Henssy blink at the perfect set of teeth smiling at her Lolo and as it shifts to her.

"This must be your apo?"

Unang bati sakanila at pinaupo sila sa upuan revolving around the circle table. There are five people before they arrived. Three woman in an identical red dress glance at her, only the one with a hazel nut hair smiled at her, the little Henssy can't find the reason to smile back. They're all wearing astounding beauty also the man who greeted them, and the man beside him. They all combulse in a conversation, words that she can understand, meaning that she can't.

What is this party anyway?

A tall man approached the stage besides the spiral stairway and held his mic.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Oh boy, I know you've been waiting for this! This is the man stucked in a little childs body. The one who created his own drone in just a short matter of time and a little swift with crafts. He's able to create the smallest, cheapest drone in the world, made out of scrap and scratch, but is able to race and win against the biggest and the greatest! The creator, the genius, let us welcome.... the seven years old we all hats off to! Mr. Troy Federer Palezo!"

A small kid, with his suit and ribbon on his pockets, walk with confidence. His eyes are serious and glance at the crowd, if it's a different scene, anyone would cringe at the boy who acts maturedly but no. This is not just an act, he really does act matured.

May maliit itong remote control na hawak sa kamay, nakababa na s'ya sa hagdan, sa isang iglap ay nag singhapan ang mga tao sa biglang pag sulpot ng isang drone na maliit lamang ang laki sa ipis. Around the corner is a square lens that able to move forward and backward, a shutter suddenly goes on and scan the visitors face. A big monitor slowly descending and appeared at the back of the kid.

Bahagya nitong inayos ang lapel na nakakabit sa kwelyo. "As you can see in the monitor..." A little voice echoed.

"Though it is small... po. I've managed to intact it with a camera that serves double purpose as a sensor including ultrasonic sensors and also a collision avoidance sensors. It has really small propellers but it is not its only source to fly, it's actually just a mere design cause I've mixed it with a jet exhaust pipe or a flue. I've read somewhere about the tungsten as the hardest metal and we happened to have it in our bakyard..." Laughter came. "My mom also added modification and tried to alloyed it with steel and Os, you can crash it multiple times and it won't budge a little... we posted this online and the rest is history... po."

Naningkit ang mata ni Henssy, the boy have a really big, but dull eyes to look at. Mabuti nalang at nasa unahan sila kaya ilang hakbang lang ang layo n'ya sa batang ito. She can clearly see the cute face of the kid. Magandang gawin na nakakabatang kapatid n'ya, but he's seven years old? The same as her age at wala s'yang naintindihan sa mga sinabi nito! Gusto n'yang mapanganga, he's so cool! Pwede kaya itong maaya maglaro ng video games? Baka may maituro ito sakan'yang strategy, matalino eh!

Tinignan n'ya pa ang maliit na lumilipad na isa isang parang binabati ang mga bisita, then her sight shifted at the boy. Kitang kita n'ya ang nunal nito sa gilid ng labi. He shyly smiled at the crowd and bow saka tumabi ng kaunti sa gilid ng hagdan, napalayo tuloy sakan'ya. Sumimangot si Henssy pero agad na nabaling ang atensyon n'ya ng nagsalita ulit ang nasa unahan.

"A round of applause for the magician technian, little Troy! Grabe, wala akong naintindihan." Nagtawanan ang mga tao kaya napalinga rin si Henssy. Bakit kaya tumatawa ang mga ito eh totoo naman na wala talaga s'yang naintindihan? What's funny if you can't understand a thing? Isn't that supposed to be frightening?

"Eto pa isa! Dancer na, musician pa! The girl who maintain her world record as the fastest piano musician at the age of six! She can already play fifteen notes in two seconds at the age of four. Practiced the piano as if it's her air. Grabe... Six! Let us welcome, ladies and gentlemen, the one who has the 'firing piano', Miss. Deia Federer!"

At the edge of the stairs, a girl much more smaller than the other child, slowly passed through the golden stairs in a red carpet. Ang ganda noong girl! Henssy looked around and saw in people's eyes that they are impress kahit wala pa itong ginagawa.

May isa namang staff ang humatak ng piano sa gitna ng bukana ng hagdan. Ngumiti ng kaunti ang batang babae, umupo dito. Ito na rin mismo ang nag adjust ng upuan, she looked cute as her face portrays annoyance sa matigas na adjust-an. When she was seem satisfied with the height of the seat, she immediately jumped on it. Hindi pa nakakakurap si Henssy ay agad na may narinig s'yang ilang nota, mabilis ngunit malamyos na tunog. Bibilis, babagal, tataas, saka bababa. Ngayon lang s'ya nakarinig ng ganoon kaganda na tunog!

May mga dinaluhan na sila ng Lolo n'ya na classical play, pero iba ang tunog na ito! Dahil ba sa tatak ng piano na gamit? O sa piyesa na tinutugtog? But something is telling her that the music is extravagant and lovely because the player is owning the piece and creating her own tempo.

Nanlalaki ang mata n'ya na sa tingin n'ya ay kumikinang pa habang nakatingin sa side view na pigura ng batang babae. Nakayuko ito sa piyesa, seryoso ang muka pero may tuwa sa mata. Sinusundan ng mata nito ang direksyon ng piyano na tinutugtog, as if it's tasting the moment, seizing, and remembering every inch of it.

Hindi pa natatapos ang ginagawa nitong tugtog pero napatayo na si Henssy at napapalakpak ng mahina.

"Apo, hindi pa tapos."

Hindi s'ya nakinig sa Lolo n'ya when he motions her to sit down, paano ay mas nakikita n'ya ng mabuti ang bata. Hanggang sa natapos ito ay parang nakanganga s'ya the whole moment! Nag sitayuan rin ang iba at pumalakpak!

"What a breathtaking sight!" The person standing at the stage said. Parang kumikinang rin ang mata nito sa paningin ni Henssy.

The little girl in front slowly got out of the seat and bowed at them saka gumilid kanang bahagi kung saan sila naroroon! Na-excite si Henssy, idol na n'ya siguro ito.

"That is the girl who has the firing piano, it fires a sound that will surely struck your hearts no matter how much you have heard it before, cause it will never sounds like how she played it!" Animong papaiyak pa nitong komento.

Lalong nagpalakpakan ang mga tao.

"Moving forward! 'Eto na! Mga hinihintay ng mga dalagita'y! Nako ha, kayo, bata pa 'to, mag se-seven palang ngayon, 'wag kayong ano!"

Napakunot ang noo ni Henssy at tumingin sa paligid. May mga tumili ngang nasa ten years old na sapantaha n'ya! Siguro nakakanganga talaga ang talent nito katulad noong dalawa.

"The birthday boy! Ang tinaguriang guardian ng mga rising prodigies! Ang pinakagwapong gwardya kung sakali man! Let us all welcome, Chaser Pebmiento Federer and his 'pasabog'!"

Sumingkit ang mga mata ni Henssy at bahagyang dinungaw ang nasa pinakatuktok ng spiral na hagdan, unti unti itong bumaba, as the little boy walk in the stairs, smoke came out of nowhere behind the boy's back na lalong nagpadilim at hindi n'ya maaninag.

Nang lalo pa itong bumaba, coming out from the smoke effect, a little smirk is evident in his face. Napapikit si Henssy sa inis at ang tagal naman nitong bumaba!

Lumingon s'ya sa matanda. "What is his talent, Lolo?"

Tinignan naman s'ya nito ng mataman. "No one knows, apo."

Unsatisfied with the answer, at nasa gitna palang ng hagdan ang lalaki! Nakaramdam s'ya bigla ng kung anong kumikiliti sa may tyan. Ngumuso s'ya sa Lolo n'ya. "Lo, ihi na 'ko. Sa'n CR?"

"Mamaya na lang at mag sisimula na si Chase."

Sumimangot s'ya, lalo na ng makitang wala parin ito sa baba! Pilay ba 'tong Chase na'to? Naikot ni Henssy ang mata at nilibot ang paningin, may buffet sa may gilid, sa likod naman ng spiral stairs na nasa kaliwa ay may pintuan. Papunta na siguro ito sa Cr! Kaya lang dadaan muna s'ya sa gitna, kung dadaan kasi s'ya sa likod, maraming tao, makikipagsiksikan pa s'ya, mas malayo pa lalakarin n'ya.

Walang ano ano ay tumalon s'ya mula sa upuan at tinahak ang unahan at tinakbo. Alam n'yang halos lahat ay nakita s'ya pero inignora n'ya ang mga ito at ihing ihi na nga s'ya!

Mabuti nalang at tama ang pintuan na pinuntahan n'ya. Dinala s'ya ng mga paa sa isang malaking pintuan, pakatapos ng isa pa. Bumungad sakan'ya ang malawak na banyo, may isang cubicle ito na nag se-separate ng shower room at ng silipin n'ya ay ang lawak! Henssy's eyes got widened as if the comfort room sparkles in her eyes. Ang ganda, ang laki, ang linis, ang sosyal!

She roamed for a bit before peeing and when she got back in their table, nangunot ang noo n'ya sa nagtatawanang mga tao.

She tried reaching for the really tall chair when her Lolo noticed her and carry her to sit. Ngayon ay mas nakikita na n'ya ang nangyayari.

The Chaser boy is grasping a black blindfold in his right hand, and a sketchpad in his left hand. His eyes are roaming around the crowd, his hands holding the pad flexing it. Mula sa tawanan ay nagsitahimik ang mga tao ng makitang tunay ang mga ngiti ni Chase sa ginagawa.

Napanganga si Henssy, "That's it??"

From Chase, the attention shifts into her, staring at her as if she made a sin, nanlaki naman ang mata n'ya at napatingin sa unahan, gulat na gulat rin ito sakan'ya. Nilingon n'ya ang Lolo n'ya saka bumulong ng, 'What?' na ikinatawa nito.

Her Lolo shook his head at her and slowly clapped as everybody follows, nawala na ang tingin sakan'ya ngunit alanganing nakatingin sa unahan.

"Wow! Ang galing naman ng birthday boy natin! Nag drawing ng blindfold tapos ang gwapo gwapo pa!"

Henssy frowned, her little cheeks turns upward in grimace. She can't believe that after the two excellent and jaw hanging performance, the last one who should be the best, draw something abstractly, blindfolded and also seems like it was blinded by not seeing the fact that...

"His drawing sucks." Kutya ni Henssy at binalingan ng tingin ang Lolo ng biglang umugong ang tunog ng isang classic music.

"Do you want to be friends with them, apo?"

Little Henssy knotted her eyebrows. "I would po! But Lolo, who is that- that guy who drew? I don't like him. Sucks sucks!"

She heard her Lolo laughed so she frowned. She doesn't get adults humor. "It's a shame you don't like him. Gustong gusto ka pa naman n'ya makalaro."

"Really? They know me ba?"

"Of course! You're neighbors."

Nag simula ng kumuha ng pagkain ang mga tao, she sat there as she wait for her Lolo to get her food. Everyone in the table is out there getting their dinner, and her eyes just quietly following the trails of the first boy and the girl.

They are eating peacefully as if they didn't just blow her mind earlier.

Her eyes widened at a woman suddenly embrace the first boy earlier at the back and kisses his cheeks. That's her mom!

She hurriedly jumped on her seat and ran towards them.

"I wish you're my son, little Troy!"

She heard her says that made her stop.

Bakit gusto pa nito ng ibang anak? Hindi ba ito kuntento sakanila ng ate n'ya?

With that thought, she approached them as her face turns into a frown. Her mom turns to her when she notice. Her forehead crease, eyes widened, and even motion her hands in shock then also hugged her tight.

"Darling!"

Henssy didn't hugged her back, she was beyond pissed as she stared back at the eyes of the emotionless genius boy who seems unamused.

"Nakauwi ka na pala! Dumiretso agad kayo dito ni Lolo mo?"

"Yes." Her voice answered in monotone.

"Kumain ka na ba?"

She slightly shook her head, magkasalubong parin ang mga kilay at napapasulyap sa dalawang bata na nakaupo rin sa tapat ng pabilog na mesa. Her mom pulled a seat besides the genius boy then face her, Henssy scoff more.

"Doon ka nalang Mommy sa table namin."

"Ay 'wag na! Puno na doon. Doon ka muna 'nak, see you later nalang mamaya ha! Hingi ka nalang ng food kay Lolo."

Hindi na s'ya sumagot at tinalikuran nalang sila saka bumalik sa table nila only to see that the last boy who sucks is sitting prettily besides her seat which is her Lolo's, all while munching his food. As if his aware of her presence, he looked at her.

"Hey." He greeted.

Kunot parin ang noo n'ya. "This is not your seat."

"It's mine now..." Mahina nitong tugon, nakatitig sakan'ya na ikinakunot ng noo n'ya.

"Wala ng uupuan si Lolo pag balik."

"Tis is our house, you can't make me get off 'tis chair."

Henssy sighed deeply and sat at her own chair waiting for her Lolo to get back so he can kick out this good for nothing boy. Nang dumating na nga ito ay napangiti pa ng papalapit na at nakita silang dalawa. May dalawang malaking plato ito sa kamay at nakangiting nilagay sa harap n'ya ang isang plato na naglalaman ng sari saring ulam pero kakaunti na kanin! Puro gulay!

"Just sit here, okay, Henssy? Doon na muna ako." Turo nito sa isang table na may mga naka business suit.

"What...? No Lolo! I don't want to sit beside him!" Turo n'ya naman kay good for nothing boy na prente lang ang kain, innocently taking glance at her.

"Shh, apo, Lolo needs to go there. Hindi mo alam kung ilang tao dito ang ginugusto ang pwesto mo ngayon." Her Lolo laughed. "Besides, ma-bo-boring ka lang kung sa table ka ng mga old pupunta. Just sit here and eat ha? Don't go anywhere."

Tumango nalang s'ya at di naiwasan ang maparolyo ng mata. Tinawanan lang s'ya ng Lolo n'ya at saka umalis. She just quietly eat her food. Wala ng ibang tao sa table nila at lumipat sa ibang puwesto kung saan may mga kausap sila.

Henssy blinked as she saw the table getting occupied by children almost at her age. Two boys occupied besides her seat and smiled at her randomly, one girl with a bangs sat beside the good for nothing boy, and another tan girl sit besides the bangs girl.

Henssy wanted to roll her eyes though they don't bother her naman. It's just that, they're stranger!

The two boys sitting beside her talked random stuff. Yun namang kayumanggi ang balat na babae ay tinutusok ang mga green beans sa tatlong dulo ng tinidor. Ang babae naman na may bangs ay nalalagyan ng ketchup sa muka.

"Tissue please..." The girl with a bangs eyed at her innocently like telling her to get her tissue kahit mas malapit naman ang tissue sa pwesto nito kay'sa sakan'ya.

She arched her eyebrows, inuutusan ba nito s'ya?

The brown girl, who's the tallest among them stood up and get the tissue paper for the brown girl. Buti at hindi naiirita, parang natutuwa pa at nakahanap ng mas nakababata sakan'ya na maaalagaan.

She continued her food but the two boys besides her are distracting her.

Nakanganga ang isa which is ang katabi n'ya at shino-shoot naman ng isang bata ang gulay sa bunganga nito. Nashoot naman pero tumatalsik ang sauce sa muka n'ya.

Her enthusiasm for the food disappeared. She wants to calm down before shooting any words to make the table peaceful but she knows someone will cry.

Marahan ngunit naramdaman n'yang gumagalaw ang upuan n'ya sa kaliwa which is palapit kay good for nothing boy! And just when she realized, the chair is being moved by that boy. Nakahawak ito sa gilid ng mismong inuupuan n'ya at ginalaw ito palapit sa direksyon nito. Now they are sitting really close with each other.

"Do you skate?" The boy randomly said. Henssy glance at him who's still busy eating the chunk of meats on the side of his plate. Hinayaan n'ya nalang na magkatabi sila para hindi s'ya naiistorbo ng dalawang bata sa isa n'ya pang gilid.

She looked at her own plate then glance again at his. Why is it that she doesn't have that meat? Is that steak? Lolo didn't get her one and just made her plate full of vegetables. Ah, she forgot his Lolo is vegetarian.

"I do. Mama brought me roller skates before." She said while her face frown at the existence of the vegetables.

Bakit pati s'ya ay dinamay sa pagiging vegetarian? Gusto n'ya rin ng meat.

Suddenly a fork appeared on her plate carrying the chunk of meat she was eyeing before. Napatulala s'ya dito.

"In exchange let me get your veges. Lohan vegetables are pretty just like you." Ani nito sa isang maliit na boses ngunit masigla.

His little chubby cheeks raised and smiled at her with his eyes almost looked like it's glistening.

She removed her stare at his and finally eat peacefully na ginawa na rin ng katabi n'ya. Nasa kalagitnaan s'ya ng pagkain ng marinig ang tunog ng flash sa camera. She saw her mom in front, holding the Troy like her own son, touching cheeks and hugging him. Napakasaya ng mama n'ya... It doesn't look like that when they are taking a picture though.

Her eyebrows furrowed and pursed her lips. Nag init ang sulok ng mata n'ya pero pinigilan n'ya ang iyak. Her mom isn't that warm like how she is with Troy. Inaagaw ni Troy ang Mama n'ya!

"Do you know her? My mom?" She asked the good for nothing boy.

Kumurap ito sakan'ya. "Of course she's our Tita. Mommy's bestfriend. But she's closer with Troy."

"Bakit gustong gusto n'ya si Troy?"

The good for nothing boy munch his food deliberately. "Kasi magaling s'ya sa technology na gusto rin ni Mama mo. Don't you know he's called a child prodigy?"

Tumaas ang kilay ni Henssy. "What's a child prodigy?"

"Someone na super galing. Take a look, everyone here in the table is a child prodigy."

Tinignan n'ya nga ang nakapalibot sakanila. The bangs girl, the tan girl, the shooting boy, the eyeglass boy, and the good for nothing boy?

"Why am I not a prodigy?"

Does that make my mom like Troy better than me?

"Kasi hindi ka magaling."

Kumurap si Henssy. Binaba ang kubyertos, tumalon sa upuan at hinanap ang daan pauwi.

She pledge that night, she'll beat that good for nothing boy. She pledge as she walks out from the mansion and looked back. Then swears...

She'll be the the greatest prodigy no one have ever heard.

Genre:

Mystery, Thriller, Romance Adventure, Slice of Life

Date of Update: Unknown HAHAHAHA

A/N:

This story is on going so if ever, please expect some major or minor editing. I'm a real middle plantser of writer that plan out but also change in the process, nevertheless I'll still make an effort to make this the official plot. Thank yooouu

Dedicated to:

Euphie_Zhavia

Happy Birthdaaaaaaaaaaaaay Iringggggg! Yiiiieieeiei

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 9K 53
Constance thought she could finally stop looking over her shoulder. She has a steady job as a hairstylist, rents a small apartment next door to her b...
2.5K 624 52
[Book One of The Phantom Saga] PG18+ Status: Completed [August 2, 2020]/Editing In Process "Daddy, where're you going? You're all dressed up and...
2.5M 112K 50
❝ A sniper doesn't always need a partner, they just need someone to give the signal. ❞ Going solo gave you a lot to ponder on, especially given a mis...
5.7K 123 60
"How do you feel now, Morgan?" She says, more pointing something out than asking a question. She grabs hold of my wrists and tightens them. If I coul...