The Unbelievable Crimeβ”†βœ“

By bora-bish

Start: 14th June, 2022 End: 27th March, 2023 || Most Cherished Rankings: #1 kimnamjoonff #11 rmff #11 namjoon... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Third Murder
Chapter 2: The stone
Chapter 3: That Book
Chapter 4: Ilsan
Chapter 6: Kims
Chapter 7: Midnight Snack
Chapter 8: Sherlock Holmes
Chapter 9: Choi Giho
Chapter 10: Found You
Chapter 11: Kidnapped
Chapter 12: Free or not?
Chapter 13: Tell me
Chapter 14: Mistakened
Chapter 15: Answers
Chapter 16: Screwed for Real
Chapter 17: Give and Take
Chapter 18: Gunshot
Chapter 19: You okay?
Chapter 20: Suffer
Chapter 21: Fishy
Chapter 22: Blood
Chapter 23: Journal
Chapter 24: Brother
Chapter 25: Drunk
Chapter 26: Deja vu?
Chapter 27: Bruises
Chapter 28: Food and Sleep
Chapter 29: Rain
Chapter 30: An Old Friend
Chapter 31: Talks and Laughs
Chapter 32: Vintage Buildings
Chapter 33: Unfinished Business
Chapter 34: The Great Rescue
Chapter 35: Old Wounds
Chapter 36: Guns and Lies
Chapter 37: A Clear Head
Chapter 38: Favored Sheltered
Chapter 39: Missing Pieces
Chapter 40: The Hyung Card
Chapter 41: Beware Of Snakes
Chapter 42: After So Long
Chapter 43: Gardens with Ponds
Chapter 44: Long Time, No See?
Chapter 45: Training Room
Chapter 46: Gain their Trust
Chapter 47: Accidental Encounters
Chapter 48: It Hurts
Chapter 49: Grown Up
Chapter 50: Song Youngsoo
Chapter 51: Noona
Chapter 52: You Messed Up
Chapter 53: Growing Distance
Chapter 54: Partners
Chapter 55: Useful Works
Chapter 56: Apologies
Chapter 57: Empty Dreams
Chapter 58: Hightime
Chapter 59: Trick or Trust
Chapter 60: Break-in
Chapter 61: Betrayal
Chapter 62: Not Worth It
Chapter 63: The Arrow And The Song
Chapter 64: The Three Spies
Chapter 65: Burning Hopes
Chapter 66: Birth And Death
Chapter 67: Moongazing
Chapter 68: Drunk In Jealousy
Chapter 69: Giggles and Soju
Chapter 70: North America
Chapter 71: Fierce Hatred
Chapter 72: Closed Case
Chapter 73: The Last Puzzle Piece
Chapter 74: Unknown Plan
Chapter 75: The Meeting
Chapter 76: Revenge Games
Chapter 77: The Final Fight
The End
Epilogue

Chapter 5: Kindergarten

56 15 37
By bora-bish

||

~No one's POV~

||

"Bye Jin Hyung, Bye Taehyung-ah, bye!" Namjoon hurriedly waved to his brothers as he ran out of the house.

He wasn't late today. But he wanted to reach college earlier. To quench his thirst about the book he was reading yesterday.

There is no way a library doesn't have at least two copies of one book. That too of a book that was published several years ago.

He wanted to confirm that there is another copy of the book that he might have missed. No matter how familiar he is with the library, he is a human and mistakes are long-lost friends of humans.

"Mrs. Bae! Good Morning!" He greeted the librarian after catching his breath. The woman looked surprised.

"Namjoon-ssi! So early? What happened dear?" She asked.

"I wanted to check how many copies do we have of Demian by Hermann Hesse." He asked clear and cut.

"Sure." Mrs Bae typed something on her computer while Namjoon waited patiently. He was half an hour earlier so he could spare enough time to reach his classes.

"Oh. There is only one copy. I clearly remember I had ordered twenty. Where did the rest go then?" Mrs Bae muttered to herself as she again checked the database.

"Yes. There is only one remaining. But no worries, I will order some more copies. They might come this week. Do you need it urgently?" Mrs Bae asked.

"Ani, not urgently. I wanted to read it. But thanks anyway, I can read it later. I am taking another book here." Namjoon bowed to the teacher and she nodded.

Despite the several warning bells in his mind, Namjoon still walked toward the shelf where he found that book. He knew it was in the K-section, 7th shelf. And sure enough, among the other books, there was this book.

It looked completely untouched until Namjoon glanced at it once more and noticed that the paper he found yesterday was not here anymore.

"Did the previous reader finish reading it?" He asked himself as he picked the book.

He distinctly remembers the paper was on page 27.

"No paper. Maybe the previous reader came and read the book. Aish it was nothing Namjoonie." He kept the book back on its shelf and flashed a quick smile to the librarian before exiting the room.

"I should not poke around now." Namjoon muttered walking briskly toward his class.

But he still wondered.

Why did the previous reader stop so early into the book?
Did they come late to the library?
So they couldn't read it whole?
But how did they read it all the next day?
Why use paper instead of bookmarks?

As for now, kept the questions to himself. Because he knew only he can find those answers. He just had to figure out whether he should find them or not.

||

~Somewhere else~

||

"Ready?" Y/N asked.

Jimin nodded once. The boys were around them, listening to the whole plan for the first time.

"Jimin and I will be disguised as buyers for the building. There is a watchman there, who obviously worked for Daehyun. In the absence of his boss, we can persuade him to show us the building. Jimin will find any useful documents and I have to check something." Y/N explained.

"How are you sure you are not being watched?" Yoongi asked.

"There are no cameras. I sent a drone there, there isn't a single camera. I wanted to pop them." Y/N sighed. "Daehyun was more egoistic than we thought. He thought under the protection of his new boss he is invincible." She shrugged. "He was wrong."

"What will we do?" Jungkook asked, already fearing the answer.

"You will stay here to bail us out of jail if that watchman becomes more of a nuisance and we kill him." Y/N said.

"You're not serious right?" Jungkook asked, horrified.

"Jesus Jungkook-ah. I don't like getting my hands dirty for stupid reasons. You three will stay here and pack our bags. We will meet you at the Gemstone Fountain and you will pick us up there. Our van is the only safe place I can believe in to discuss our plans safely." Y/N told him and Jungkook nodded, smiling.

"Y/N-ah." Yoongi called out before she turned to go.

"Huh?"

"Whatever happens, don't die." He said and Y/N smiled.

"I won't. I love Lil Meow Meow too much." Y/N winked at the elder and he groaned.

"Stay safe!" Hoseok chirped from behind as Y/N and Jimin exited the room.

Jimin put a hand around her shoulder. "Do you remember the last time we both had a mission together?" He asked happily.

"Yes. It was two months ago. We had to wake up Yoongi Oppa." They both laughed at the memory.

"We were almost killed that day. The most dangerous mission of all time." Jimin laughed as he got onto the bus.

"You have your ice cream, right?" Y/N asked as she sat beside him on the bus.

A normal ice cream conversation that no one paid attention to. But actually, they were talking about their guns which they were supposed to carry for self-defence.

"I do." Jimin patted his thigh and Y/N nodded.

They both spoke nothing because ten minutes later the kindergarten came into view. As they stood in front of the gate, they saw the watchman snoring in open daylight.

"Tsk. I would train my people much better." Jimin muttered under his breath.

Y/N just smiled.

"Excuse me." The watchman jerked awake seeing the two unexpected visitors.

"We want to buy this place, could you show us around?" Y/N asked simply.

The watchman looked confused for a second, but then recovered immediately. "I am really sorry without our boss's permi-"

"We talked to him a week ago. He gave us permission to see the building during these hours. Now, shall we proceed?" Y/N said politely but her gaze was sharp which made that watchman gulp.

"S-sure." He unlocked the gate and Jimin and Y/N strode inside.

Once they were inside the poor guard was knocked unconscious by Jimin and they both removed their fake wigs and disguises.

"Jimin, you go to the principal's office. I gotta check something." Jimin obeyed without any question as he knew she would tell the reason at the right time.

Jimin walked to the principal office. He had no difficulty in finding it, he had already memorized the blueprints of the building. He broke the door because obviously it was locked. Inside, he first searched through the drawers and then moved on to the floor for any hidden component. When he found nothing, he checked the underside of the table. Soon enough he found a latch and when he opened it a file of documents fell to the ground labelled 'Property of Kims'.

"Shit." That was all he said.

||

Y/N walked to the art room. The art room was splattered with paints on all four walls. She took out the luminol vial she brought with her just in case. She had smelled the familiar metallic smell coming from this room and she knew something was fishy.

The absence of any cleaning essentials in the room confirmed her assumption a bit more.

She threw the vial on the wall opposite which was painted with majorly one colour, red. And as she had assumed, there was red paint and blood.

Written in bold letters was the blood that glowed brightly.

||

"I will ruin you. I hate you."

||

Under that was an initial.

"Shit." That was all she said.

||

Vote for President Namjoon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 9K 20
After (Y/N) witnesses a murderer they kidnap her and she is forced to live with 7 boys. Will (Y/N) get out of there ? Or will she fall so deeply in l...
173K 5K 77
HIGHEST RANKING: #1 in BANGTANSONYEONDAN (Updated: May 23rd 2021) This is the first fic I've written.. So it's a little cringe.. {BtsXReader} The cha...
122K 5.2K 93
'Why do you look like the female version of Jungkook?' 'Hey! Why are you copying me!!!' Entering in to the HYBE label, Lee Y/N couldn't help but to...
4.5M 211K 82
Surprise! Your parents have been keeping a secret from you - you are royal princess and sole heir to the throne. To break the news to you, your paren...