RWBY, Silver & Amethyst: New...

By Zeta_Lyfe

RWBY, but with the color purple! Mere months after the birth of Ruby Rose, Summer found a baby boy on her doo... More

Chapter 1 The Simplest of Souls
Chapter 2 The Shining Beacon
Chapter 3 The Trial of Compassion
Chapter 4 The First Day
Chapter 5 The Twin Prodigies
Chapter 6 The Start of Friendships
Chapter 8 The First Test
Chapter 9 The Forever Fall
Chapter 10 The White Fang
Chapter 11 The Forest of Blood
Chapter 12 The Ultimate Team
Chapter 13 The First Arrival
Chapter 14 The Girl in My Dreams
Chapter 15 The Falling Dice
Chapter 16 The Spinning Coin
Chapter 17 The Knight's Resolve

Chapter 7 The Best Leaders

212 6 0
By Zeta_Lyfe

April 19th, xx16

The third week of classes had begun, and it was beginning to become clear which crowds certain students belonged in. Students were making friends, becoming rivals. . . and unfortunately, enemies.

Hey, watch it, blondie!

Jaune: Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!

The Bright Knight had accident bumped into your stereotypical jock, Cardin Winchester, in the halls of the school building.

Cardin: Hey, hey. . . Wait a sec. Aren't you that guy that got me embarrassed in front of Goodwitch?

Jaune: Um. . . huh? Wait! Ohh. . . You're that guy that laughed after I failed the field test. (laughs nervously) I don't think that's my fault. I'm going to die, aren't I?

The Leader of Team CRDL let out a soft 'tsk' and began popping his knuckles one by one.

Cardin: Is that right?

Jaune: Uh-Um. . . I-

The back of his uniform was tugged, the blonde yelping as he was dragged away by the Red Reaper.

Ruby: Come on Jaune, let's not be late again!

Jaune: Oh, uh. . . Right!

Winchester's eyes narrowed before he was joined by his team and made his way to class. The Knight let out a sigh of relief as Ruby let him go.

Jaune: Thanks for that. . .

Ruby: It's no biggie. You held your own pretty well there.

Jaune: Please define well.

Ruby: You didn't break.

Jaune: Oh. . . Well, thank you!

Ruby: . . .

The redhead gave him an awkward smile. It was just a compliment, but. . . Jaune was elated by it. Something was up, and she hoped she wasn't the only one noticing.

Remnant Studies

Doctor Oobleck, Professor to his students, dashed around his classroom as they began their first core unit of their first year.

The Faunus Rights Revolution.

Faunus were classified as a human with an animalistic trait, a subspecies of humans who had mutations tailored to certain animals across Remnant. Men, women, and children could have the tail of a monkey, the ears of a cat, the horns of a bull, and so on.

However, simple physical changes were not the only things Faunus had different from humans. Depending on the animal they are a hybrid with, they'd carry on some of that animals abilities. A chameleon faunus could change the color of their skin, any winged faunus could fly, snake faunus have poisonous teeth, and any aquatic faunus could breathe underwater.

Furthermore, every species of faunus did share a few things in common, such as enhanced senses of sound, smell, and vision.

Unfortunately, due to their differences and blatant physical superiority to the common man, they were oppressed by the majority, humans. Even as that oppression began to fade, the animosity between certain groups never faded. . . .

The Doctor stood before a large infographic of the revolution.

Oobleck: Yes, yes. Prior to The Faunus War, humankind was veryveryvery adamant about keeping Faunus centralized in Menagerie.

He took a sip from his thermos as he once again zipped across the room.

Oobleck: NOW! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that this event took place only a century ago. Inthegrandtimeline of Remnant's history, that is very recent. The repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this very day!

As he lectured and lectured, most of the class was paying close attention, but there were a few students who didn't bother. Jaune did so unwillingly, half asleep, and others for less than favorable reasons. . .

Oobleck: Now I understand this may be personal, but it's important for your classmates to understand that the issues that sparked the revolution still exist. . .

Have any among you been subjugated to discrimination for your Faunus heritage?

Many hands were raised, all reluctant, but all proud to be who they were.

Oobleck: Dreadful. Simply dreadful.

The Professor flashed back to the board.

Oobleck: Now that we understand why the war began, I'm sure all are aware of how terribly it went for the Faunus in first years of the year. Can any of you young scholars tell me what point during the third of year of war do a vast majority of historians view as the turning point?

Just like any social studies or history class, it was the wars that most students payed attention to. A lot of the "young scholars" raised their hands, but none higher than. . . Blake? Her team was taken aback by her sudden interest, but she shrugged off their odd stares.

Oobleck: Ms. Belladonna?

Blake: The Battle of Fort Castle in Mistral. General Lagune of the Atlesian Attack Force blundered and his entire army was captured by General Caitshelter.

Oobleck: Yes! Yes! Yes! And who can tell me why Lagune was outmatched?

It was unfortunately that very moment that Jaune decided to snap out of his exhausted state.

Jaune: Huh?

The Doctor acted immediately, appearing before the Bright Knight in the blink of an eye!

Oobleck: Mr. Arc!

Jaune: Ah!

Oobleck: Finally contributing to class! This is excellent, excellent! Whatistheanswer?!

The Knight panicked for a moment before spotting his knight in shining armor, or more accurately, Spartan in school uniform. Pyrrha used hand signs to try and communicate the answer to him. . .

Jaune: Uhh. . . The answer is. . . The advantage that the uh- Faunus had over. . . that guy's stuff was. . .

His partner furiously pointed to Moon Lumos before pointing to her eyes and cupping them with her hands.

Jaune: . . . Binoculars?

Oobleck: . . . No.

That garnered a few laughs, Pyrrha facepalming with a sigh. Unfortunately for one student, their laugh for a little too loud.

Oobleck: Very funny, Mr. Arc. Mr. Winchester, perhaps you would like to share your thoughts on the subject?

The jock leaned back in his seat.

Cardin: Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier.

He ignored the glares he received from the Faunus in the room, and the human students as well.

Oobleck: And that's a detention.

Cardin: What?!

Oobleck: Do I really need to explain myself, Mr. Winchester?

Cardin: Gr. . . Tch!

A hand raised, the attention taken away from Cardin and placed on the young man behind him. . .

Oobleck: Mr. Lumos?

The Violet Swordsman pointed to his left eye.

Moon: The answer is night vision. All Faunus have it. Lagune didn't see the Faunus as a threat and launched a nighttime attack, his careless actions led to his defeat.

Violet sent a sideways glare to Winchester.

Blake: Perhaps if he'd moved past his prejudice, he wouldn't be remembered as such a failure.

Ruby: Ooh! It's hot in here!

At that, the jock rose from his seat, Blake unwavering from the fierce glare she received

Cardin: You got a problem?

His fist clenched, and before Cardin even realized it, he was back in his seat, Oobleck standing beside him.

Oobleck: Take a seat, Mr. Winchester.

Now that Cardin was thoroughly embarrassed twice, Jaune stifled a laugh, though poorly. . .

Oobleck: You and Mr. Arc can both see me after class for additional readings. . .

Jaune: Ohh. . .

The room was soon empty, leaving just Cardin and Jaune, and of course Doctor Oobleck. The green haired speedster sipped his drink, and began.

Oobleck: You two have been struggling in my class far more than anyone else. I don't know whether it's from a lack of interest, or your stubborn nature, but whatever it is. . .

It stops now.

He set down his thermos and reminded them of just what kind of institution they had made it to.

Oobleck: You are in Beacon, a school that only accepts the best of the best. So, I expect you to act like it.

The Professor adjusted his glasses, a glint of light blocking out his eyes and giving him a furious aura.

Oobleck: History is important, gentlemen. If you can't learn from it. . . You're destined to repeat it. . . Pages 51-91! I want an essay on my desk by next class.

They were dismissed. . . As they stepped out Jaune sighed. . . before he was harshly turned and shoved into a wall!

Cardin: I'd watch yourself if I were you, Jauney-boy-

He reeled his arm back, only for a hand to grasp his wrist and hold it in place.

Moon: . . . I'd watch yourself if I were you.

Violet's grip tightened, the jock wincing as the smaller boy yanked him, Winchester stumbling back. As if on queue, Pyrrha Nikos and the rest of JNPR arrived.

Moon: Let's go.

Cardin Winchester received four glares at once as JNPR and their extra showed themselves out. He simply scoffed and went on his way. . . .

Outdoors

They left the school building and began making their way towards the Dining Hall.

Moon: You froze up when he grabbed you.

Jaune: . . . I know.

Moon: Just. . . Be careful, and don't be afraid to hit back.

Pyrrha: People like Winchester don't like being embarrassed. He'll come after you again, and most likely when you're alone.

Jaune: Yeah, yeah. . . (Mumbles) I get it. I need to grow a backbone.

Nora: (Gasps) He can't bully you if we break his legs!

Ren: No one's breaking legs.

Nora: B-But-But-

Moon: I'm down.

Nora: MOON GETS IT!

Jaune/Ren: No one's breaking legs.

Nora: Aww. . .

The Bright Knight shook off his nerves and recomposed himself, rebuilding his confidence.

Jaune: Don't worry about me! (Smiles) I'll be fine. Besides, if push comes to shove, I could always just hit him where the sun doesn't shine.

Pyrrha: I suppose that is. . . one solution.

His change in demeanor was too quick, too confident, too fake. . . His entire team picked up on it, Moon included. Something was up with Jaune. . . and they needed to find out.

Team RWBY - Cafeteria

Once again, RWBY was gathered at their lunch table, Ruby and Yang enjoying themselves, Blake reading a book, and Weiss picking at her food.

Yang: Someone was fired up today! Ain't that right, Blakey?

Blake: Please never call me that again.

Yang: Blake-y.

Blake: (Sighs)

Ruby: Well, she's right about one thing. That is the first time you raised your hand in class.

The redhead tilted her head, genuinely curious about her friend's thoughts.

Blake: . . . I've always been into history.

Weiss: Oh, please! You read books day and night, but not a single one is historical or historical fiction. You are not telling you are suddenly into history.

The Yellow Dragon gaped at the mere sight of the White Heiress actually adding to the conversation, a rare occurrence. And since it did come from Weiss, the Black Enigma there was no way around it. . .

Blake: I just get. . . passionate over inequality. Remnant's meaning of the word is a little. . . twisted.

The Red Reaper flashed her a soft smile.

Ruby: Well, then we'll untwist it!

Blake: . . . I wish it were so easy. . .

Ruby: And that's why we're here. To make it easier.

Blake: . . . (Smiles) You have a point.

The Heiress gave their leader a glance.

Weiss: Hm. . . I guess you can actually have some class.

. . .
. . .
. . .

Blake: Was that a compliment?

The Red Reaper was blushing like a hormonal teenager.

Yang: I think it was.

Weiss: (Rolls eyes) You're all unbearably childish.

Yang: And there's the Ice Queen we know!

A tick mark appeared on the whitette's forehead as her cold eyes landed on her blond teammate.

Weiss: "Ice Queen?"

Yang: (smirks) What? You don't like it? Personally, I love it! It certainly fits the aesthetic. Ice cold demeanor, acting all regal, expensive clothes!

Weiss: I get it, Xiao-Long.

Yang: Even whipping out the last name, huh?

The White Heiress began to tightly clenched her fists in annoyance.

Ruby: Okay, cut it out Yang-

Yang: And you're even from a royal family-!

Weiss bursted out of her seat and moved to another table, RWBY's leader slamming her head on their own table.

Yang: Oh. . . I didn't think I was that offensive, was I?

Ruby: Ugh. . .

Blake: I don't think she took too well to you bringing up her family.

Yang: (Mumbles) Kinda hard not to when she's always flaunting her wealth.

Ruby: That doesn't give you an excuse to be a jerk, Yang.

Yang: . . . (Frowns) Sorry.

The components of team RWBY when gathered could hardly be called a team. There was a loose partnership between Blake and Yang, and a broken one between Ruby and Weiss. And when both were put together, it was a mess of colorful personalities that didn't mingle well at all. . .

It spelled disaster for the up and coming Team Battles. . . .

———————————————————————

Combat Studies

Glynda Goodwitch had seen the capabilities each and every one of her students had on their own. As individuals, there wasn't a single student who did not have the potential to be a great Huntsman. Some may have to work harder than the others to get there, but she'd ensure they did just that.

The Headmistress wasn't worried about it. What did worry her was how her students would perform in their teams. They all had the potential to be great, their initiation through the Emerald Forest proved that.

However, those were decisions, plans, and strategies, made in the heat of the moment, with their backs to the wall. . . A situation that forced their hand. They would have to match that level of teamwork without that pressure. . . And that's what truly worried Glynda.

The Huntress stood in the center of the school's arena, her class armed and ready up in the stands.

Glynda: The last of your skill evaluations begins today. You, alongside your Teams, will be fighting against your classmates.

Excited murmurs spread through the small stadium, and unfortunately, Team RWBY was not among them.

Glynda: Should you be knocked off the arena or have your aura lowered to a certain point, you are eliminated. If your team suffers at least three eliminations, you lose the match.

A hand raised.

Glynda: Ms. Schnee?

Weiss: That's only three members of the team. Why end the match there?

Glynda: Because, once a team is reduced to a single member, it's no longer a team.

At that, Moon reasonably raised his hand. After all, he was the only single-cell team.

Glynda: That rule does not apply to you, Mr. Lumos.

She snapped her fingers, the roulette beginning.

Glynda: Now, there are seven teams, Mr. Lumos making that eight. We're doing all four matches. . . today.

The roulette came to a close. . . and the first match was decided.

Team CRDL VS Team JNPR

Both teams took their places, keeping to themselves and strategizing. Cardin Winchester gave JNPR's leader an arrogant grin, Jaune wincing before his eyes suddenly widened. He yelped as Nora tugged him back into a team huddle!

Nora: Okay! What's the plan, Mr. Leader?

Jaune: I. . . Uh- um. Uh. . .

Pyrrha: Relax Jaune. We'll help, we are a team after all.

Jaune: (Breathes) Right, right. . . I noticed something when I looked at them. They don't have transforming weapons, no levers or switches or anything like that.

Ren: Are you sure?

Jaune: Oh yeah. They don't have guns. We do.

Pyrrha: So, some of us should stay at a range.

Jaune: Yeah. . . Hey Ren.

Ren: Yes?

Jaune: . . . Can you make other people go invisible?

Just a minute later, they broke away from the huddle.

Pyrrha: We're ready, Ms. Goodwitch.

The Headmistress turned her head to other team, who flashed her a thumbs up.

Glynda: Then let's get started, shall we? On my mark. . .

Begin!

The Invincible Spartan wasted no time turning Myló into a rifle, firing at the enemy team! Cardin Winchester and Russel Thrush drew their weapons, a mace and dual swords, deflecting the bullets and charging! Pyrrha nodded to Jaune, the Bright Knight readying his shield before he and his partner rushed in to counter them! The Spartan kept firing her rifle before twirling and throwing her shield into Russel, the disc rebounding into Cardin! She transformed Myló into a spear and fired the rear end while holding it tight, flying herself into the dual swordsman! Pyrrha crashed into him, the two rolling back and flipping to their feet! She spun her spear, parrying Russel's dual slash before kicking him away!

Meanwhile, Cardin and Jaune clashed! Crocea Mars ground against the jock's mace, the two turning into one another and swinging their weapons forward! They clashed again, Cardin reeling his mace back and batting it into Jaune's shield, sending the blond sliding back! JNPR's leader nearly fell off the arena, but caught himself at the last second!

Cardin: Better luck next time, Jauney-boy!

Sky Lark and Dove Bronzewing have been eliminated.

Cardin: WHAT?!?!?

The leader of CRDL snapped his head back, gaping as he saw his teammates embedded in the walls outside the arena.

Nora: Oops. I think I hit 'em too hard. (Laughs)

Lie Ren used his semblance to sneak Nora behind them, and she put Magnhild to great use.

Jaune: Better luck next time, Cardin.

The Bright Knight rushed forward and rammed into Winchester with his shield, sending him stumbling back! Cardin grit his teeth and leaped into the air, spinning once and cleaving his mace down! Jaune panicked and jumped away, the mace hitting the ground and shattering it! With the blond grounded, Cardin smirked and raced his mace once again. . .

Russel Thrush has been eliminated. Team JNPR wins.

Cardin: No!

Russel Thrush sat just outside the arena, Pyrrha happily stepping towards her team, her aura gage completely full. He couldn't even touch her.

Glynda: A diversionary tactic. Simple, yet effective. Clear the arena, I'd like to begin the next match soon.

Cardin Winchester angrily collected his teammates as JNPR regrouped!

Nora: We are the champions! The best! That was so much fun!

Pyrrha: I have to agree. That was a great plan, Jaune.

Jaune: Well, we couldn't have done it without Ren and Nora. . .

Ren: Regardless, it was your idea. Be proud. . .

Jaune: . . . Yeah, proud. . .

He smiled.

Moon VS Team ————

Glynda: . . . Begin!

A violet shine blinded the team of four, and before they even realized it. . . they'd lost. Moon Lumos had unleashed a wave of crystals, covering the entire arena and trapping his enemies in amethysts molds. The only parts of them free from the crystals were their heads. . .

Moon: . . . Sorry.

Glynda: A large scale attack to negate the numbers advantage. Not quite what I expected, but it works. . . .

Team RWBY VS Team ————

The four members of RWBY stood in a circle, all of them more than a little worried over how exactly they were going to pull this off.

Yang: Okay, any ideas Rubes? I'm no good at planning.

Blake: Neither am I.

Ruby: Great. . . Uh, actually I do have something in mind.

Weiss: . . . Let's hear it.

Ruby: Huh? Wait, really?!

The Heiress sighed and crossed her arms.

Weiss: Your plan against the Nevermore worked. You at least have some smarts inside that brainless of head of yours. . .

The Red Reaper beamed!

Ruby: Alright! Here's the plan. Weiss, you and I are going to lay down a smokescreen using some Fire Dust and Blake is going to use her grappling hook to slingshot Yang into them! Since all we have to do knock them off, that'll be one. And with my speed, I can go back up Yang long enough for you two to catch up and turn into a Four verse Three!

To Blake and Yang, that wasn't a terrible plan. . . but to Weiss, it was absolutely disastrous.

Weiss: Th-That's. . . I don't even have words! First off, they have Faunus on their team. They'll be able to see through the smoke. We won't. Blake could just end up throwing Xiao-Long right out of bounds!

Yang: Ouch.

Blake: . . .

Ruby: Okay, fair. But-

Weiss: And for all we know, they could easily take her out even if she didn't end up off the arena. It'd be a four versus one!

Ruby: Hey, I'm fast enough to catch up!

Weiss: And Blake and I aren't. That still leaves you both outnumbered. Not to mention that their ranged weapons could keep us away longer!

Ruby: Okay, okay! My plan sucks! I'm good at improvising, not strategizing. . .

Blake: Why don't you give a try, Weiss?

Weiss: (Smiles) If you insist. . . .

After a few minutes, both teams called for the match to start.

Glynda: . . . Begin.

The White Heiress immediately stabbed Myrtenaster into the arena floor, her teammates trading fire with the other team as she pumped Ice Dust into the ground! Walls of ice were erected across the platform, creating fields of cover!

Blake: You have them cover too.

Weiss: Better than a smokescreen. Now, stick to the plan!

The Black Enigma and Yellow Dragon began to dash between the ice, Ruby hanging back and using her sniper rifle to keep the enemy behind cover while Weiss used Wind Dust to throw off any shots they did manage to get off evil pushing up just behind Blake and Yang. . . and then things fell apart.

All at once, the four members of the enemy team peaked and shot at Ruby, forcing the Reaper behind cover!

Ruby: WOAH!

They then refocused their fire onto Weiss, the Heiress quickly raising another wall of ice to shield herself!

Weiss: Ruby! What are you doing?!

Ruby: Not getting shot!

Meanwhile, Blake was still pushing! She shot Gambol Shroud forward, grabbing the weapon to an ice wall and slinging herself forward! However, with both Ruby and Weiss held back, she was left open. A shot hit the wire and broke it, leaving Blake airborne! She nearly flew off the edge, but used a clone to boost herself back onto the platform. . . only to be shot and knocked off anyway.

Blake Belladonna has been eliminated.

Weiss: You have got to be kidding me?!

The whitette cartwheeled out of cover, evading shots with precise twirls and pivots before drawing her rapier back and thrusted it forth, firing a stream of Fire Dust at her enemies! She managed to hit one head on, lessening the strain on Ruby! The Reaper was able to force two of their opponents back into cover with pinpoint accurate sniper bolts!

Ruby: Yang! Pull back!

Weiss: You're going in alone, retreat!

The Yellow Dragon was dancing between gunshots with ease, laughing as she did!

Yang: Don't worry about me! I got this!

She reached the enemy team. . . and was hit point blank by a shotgun blast! The blond gasped as she was launched backwards through an ice wall and out of bounds. . .

Yang Xiao-Long has been eliminated.

Weiss: This is the worst-!

She ducked back into cover as the enemy team abandoned their defensive strategy for an offensive one! Fortunately, they were all bunched up. . .

Weiss: Just a little closer and I can trap them in ice using my Gl-

That was the original plan. Ruby was supposed to keep them down from afar, keeping them occupied for Yang and Blake to move in and pin them to that side of the arena, where Weiss would then freeze them in ice. It still had a chance of working if Ruby stayed in position and-

The Red Reaper blitzed past all four of them at once! The enemy team was flung into the air, Ruby waving her hand and summoning rose petals! They swirled around the four so quickly it kept them stuck inside the storm!

Weiss: You idiot! Why would-!

Ruby: They're trapped! Get them, NOW! 

The Heiress groaned and summoned a massive glyph beneath the enemies suspended in the air! She channeled Ice Dust through her rapier and into her glyphs, creating a massive iceberg and consuming their opponents whole!

Team RWBY wins.

Ruby: Phew. . . That was a close one-

Weiss: YOU DOLT!

The White Heiress furiously stomped up to her as all the ice began to melt. . .

Weiss: All you had to do was sit back and shoot them, and you couldn't even follow that simple directive! We could've done this without a single loss had to you just-

Ruby: How is this my fault?!

The Reaper violent stabbed Crescent Rose into the arena.

Ruby: I was getting shot at by their whole team! How was I supposed to keep them down the ENTIRE match?!

Weiss: You weren't! All you had to do was lay enough covering fire!

Ruby: Well how the heck was I supposed to do that when I was getting SHOT?! Keep in mind, you were the one supposed to be redirecting bullets!

Weiss: Oh, so now it's my fault?!

Ruby: IT WAS YOUR PLAN!

ENOUGH.

They froze as Glynda Goodwitch exuded a suffocating aura. 

Glynda: We still have another match. Stop wasting time. . . .

Weiss Schnee let out a deep breath and stormed off, giving RWBY's Leader one last glare before leaving. . . Ruby Rose bit her lip and let out a frustrated sigh.

Blake Belladonna and Yang Xiao-Long shared worried glances. . .

Glynda: These four. . . don't even have a grasp on what it means to be a team.

Jaune: Sheesh. They have some issues.

Nora: . . . They don't get along very well, do they?

Pyrrha: No. . . They don't.

Ren: For such a well rounded team, that's a major detriment.

Moon Lumos just watched as his sister thought to herself and began chasing after her partner. Violet rose to his feet and excused himself.

Jaune: Where are you going?

Moon: . . . To help.

———————————————————————

Weiss! Slow down!

Weiss: Do not tell me what to do.

The Heiress kept marching through the halls, forcing Ruby to just cut her off.

Ruby: We need to sort this out-!

Weiss: I don't need to do anything. Now, move!

Ruby: Ugh! What is wrong with you? Why are you always—

The Schnee laughed hysterically for a few seconds, unnerving her partner. . . Ruby pursed her lips as the laughter stopped.

Weiss: What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?

Her voice lost its regal air, venom releasing from her tongue.

Weiss: You're supposed to be a leader, and you've only been able to actually seem like one for a few seconds!

She imposed herself onto the redhead, harshly shoving a finger into her face.

Weiss: You're a child who slacks off in class, doesn't take things seriously, and acts like we're living in a fairytale! You've done nothing to prove that you're capable of being a leader!

Ruby: . . .

Weiss: You may be strong, one of the strongest in our class, but strength doesn't mean everything! Just look at Jaune! He's ranked dead last and he's been a better leader than you in every single way!

Ruby: . . .

Weiss: You didn't even make a viable plan, at the very least mine had a chance of working!

Ruby: . . . What are you getting at?

Weiss: . . . I've spent my life striving to be the best, training myself into the ground, perfecting everything about myself. . .!

She shoved past Ruby Rose. . .

Weiss: And it's insulting to everything I've trained for to even think that you were chosen to be our leader over me. . .

I think Ozpin made a mistake.

The White Heiress lost her way, and as she tried to find it. . . She came across Moon Lumos.

Weiss: Ugh. What do you-

Moon: Shut up.

Weiss: E-Excuse me?

Moon: I said, shut. . . up.

The chilling glare Violet donned did just that. . . .

Ruby Rose lost her way. . . and during her wanderings, came across Professor Ozpin. . . The headmaster.

Ozpin: Hmm. . . That didn't seem to go very well. Though, I must commend you for having the courage to try.

Ruby: . . . Is she right? Was me becoming leader a mistake?

The youngest girl in Beacon felt tears sting her eyes, but refused to let them fall.

Ozpin: . . . Miss Rose. . . I've made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on the planet.

Ruby: . . .?

Ozpin: But, your appointing as the leader of Team RWBY. . . I don't believe is one of them.

Ruby: . . .

Ozpin: It's only your third week of attending this academy, Miss Rose. I have fourth years who still don't even understand what the word "leader" means.

Ruby: . . . What does it mean?

Ozpin: . . . That's for you to decide. No two leaders are the same. How you lead, is entirely in your hands. . . Define it in your own way.

The Headmaster tipped his mug to her before slowly making his way down the hall.

Ozpin: Good day, Ms Rose. . .

The Red Reaper lost herself in thought. . . .

———————————————————————

Just because you had to work with high expectation doesn't give you any right to ignore the hard work she put in to get here too!

———————————————————————

Weiss Schnee felt numb.

Of course, one conversation was not going to change how she felt, but the passion and heart Moon Lumos put into his words certainly made her ask questions. . .

One of them was. . .

Who is Ruby Rose. . .?

———————————————————————

(A/N - Okay, I'm debating on whether or whether not I'm gonna delay the Jaundice storyline. I set down the groundwork here, and I kind of want to push it to the beginning of volume two since that volume is way more JNPR focused.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.8K 1.6K 92
Y/N Rose was the son of Qrow Branwen and Summer Rose, and the oldest child of the Rose family. Due to Qrows' semblance and a messy end to they're rel...
156K 1.4K 33
In the kingdom of Mistral, there was a young boy by the name of (Y/n), he never really had a good childhood since his parents and siblings had neglec...
361K 4.3K 75
Your Name is Y/N L/N. You didn't know who you're parents are. Ozpin invited you to join Beacon academy to become a hunter. Or isn't? Deep inside, the...
48K 576 38
Since I am bored and came up with certain ideas I decided to write this. I will write Canon X Reader, Canon X OC, Reader X OC, Canon X Canon, RWBY sh...