Flames Of Love

By exxangel

A Bond Between a Vampire and Werewolf was like Fire and Ice. For Hundreds of years both creatures have been... More

Summary
WELCOME
EXTRA INFO
INTRODUCTION
CH 1. Cold Beauty
CH 2. The Phoenix
CH. 3. Lord Byun
CH 4. Secrets in Flames
CH 5. The Destined
CH. 6 Ice Breaking
CH. 8. Zhang Yixing
CH.9. HeartLess
CH 10. Carved with Flames.
CH. 11. So You Care?
CH 12. Hybrids
CH 13. Master Xiu
CH 14. The Unforseen
CH 15. Calm Before the Storm
CH 16. Echoing Abyss ( 1 )
CH 17. Echoing Abyss ( 2 )
CH 18. An Artisan?
CH 19. Trap or Trials?
CH 20. The Unknown.
CH 21. Crescentum: The Cursed Land.
CH 22. Crescentum : Breaking Dawn
CH 23. Unveiling Bonds
CH 24 : Serenity.

CH 7. Dilemma

262 14 11
By exxangel

Author's Pov :

Chanyeol stared at the window for a while from where the Vampire disappeared from as if he would appear again. Sehun and Kyungsoo entered his room with worried gazes.

"Alpha, what's the matter?" Kyungsoo asked as soon as he saw Chanyeol out of the bed.

"Did anything suspicious happen while I was gone?" he inquired, as he noticed the number of guards outside his house. He knows it might be because of his disappearance but he was sure none of them knew he went into the wilds and that he might try to sneak out again.

There was a look exchange between Sehun and Kyungsoo which didn't go unnoticed by Chanyeol.

"Yes, but nothing against us. The second day of your disappearance, a very shocking incident happened in the Myst" Sehun answered as Kyungsoo took out the notice letter which came this morning. "There was an attack on the mystic council. The Council Head was poisoned meanwhile the few who were guarding him were injured"

Chanyeol's eyes widened in alarm, at their words before he read the letter. The Mystic Council has immediately requested a meeting. Every Alpha and their second in Command should be present regardless, as the emergency code red seal stamped below was a clear indication that absence won't be tolerated.

"I didn't expect them to be so bold," Kyungsoo said, getting confused reactions from both Chanyeol and Sehun. "Going for the Council Head of all people, is like an open declaration for War"

"What are they looking for? Why go so far to break the treaty?"

Closing the letter, and placing it over his bedside table Chanyeol slowly exhaled. "I know who this might be and what their goal is but first, we need a plan and second none of what I speak off about the Vampire's should reach the elders. If this gets out, the elders would not only have Sehun's head for letting me go but also lock me up inside the pack"

Sehun groaned, scowling at the Alpha while Kyungsoo nodded quietly.

As Chanyeol started speaking he made sure nothing was left out. He told them about the Vampire's and how they know he is a phoenix.

"What the hell, do you mean they are on our side? I know you took the bet and went in there yourself but luring you into the wilds just to test you was risky and could have harmed you in more ways then you could think" the beta hissed in anger. "I don't believe they are not the ones who also manipulated our pack members and used them against us!"

Chanyeol knew Sehun was right but he was not completely right.

Chanyeol shook his head. "Calm down Sehun, they lured me yes but they made sure I was safe"

Kyungsoo raised a brow at that. "Explain"

Sighing Chanyeol clasped his hand over the blood stone. " The whole time, i was on my way to the wilds I didn't feel any threat looking around me. It was all too easy. Getting in, and walking freely was not what I expected. It was all just too easy until I was caught and found by Baekhyun himself" he smiled softly at the mention of the blue eyed Vampire confusing the Beta and Delta even more.  He continued. "Look, trust me on this one, the Vampire's I met are no threat but I am not sure about the council. There is surely is someone else inside the Myst lurking in the shadows to snap any chance they get"

He recalled what happened in the forest and what the water goddess told him about the darkness. This was not a race for power anymore, there is something else but what?

Sehun groaned, turning to face Kyungsoo to gauge his reaction but the Delta was lost in his thoughts.

"So there was someone from inside" Kyungsoo Confirmed gaining a nod from Chanyeol. "How did they know, when our own scouts were unable to find anything?"

"Jongin can sense auras, he told me he can sense darkness in our pack" he recalled the one who he encountered in the forest. "Whoever it is might already know that I am the phoenix"

Kyungsoo let out a surprised hum, as he tried to join the dots.

"If they already know who you are then it makes sense why they went for the council instead. A clear victory without a war"

Sehun's gaze narrowed as he took in the calculative look of the third in command. Kyungsoo was the brain of Mystic Flame pack, no wonder he catches things faster then anyone else.

"The Council is the power which holds the Myst together. If they were able to touch that power, then who can even stand against them?" Kyungsoo mumbled.

Sehun hummed. "In simple words, there would be no bargain just clear resignation. To save themselves, the council will hand you over to them on a silver platter, why even fight when you have lost once, right?" Sehun ended the theory though exaggerated, most of his points did hit the mark.

A long silence enveloped the room. They all were lost in their own thoughts.

Kyungsoo and Sehun were obviously worried and trying to come up with a plan to save their beloved Alpha but Chanyeol was having different thoughts.

"If they don't surrender, it's not only them that would be in danger but all those innocent people who have nothing to do it"

Sehun and Kyungsoo didn't say anything. Sehun didn't even think about that as he sighed inwardly. Off course Chanyeol would think that way. The people would always come first.

"Arrange a meeting in an hour. I need all the elders to be present and inform Zi Tao" Chanyeol gazed outside the window, the dark sky reflecting in his eyes. "Kyungsoo, bring a map marking the areas outside the Capital which are closer to the border of the wilds"

With a heavy sigh, Chanyeol got up and entered the bathroom. Closing the door behind him he leaned against it. The warmth from the necklace was the only thing keeping him calm. Placing it over the counter he took off his clothes and threw them in the hamper.

Walking under the shower he stood there just staring at the wall. What has he gotten himself into? Why just why someone else has to get hurt because they want him? Can't they come directly for him instead.

A burning sensation rolled off his body as he turned around snapping his eyes towards the mirror, the silver blue eyes of his wolf met instead of his grey ones. Even his wolf seemed to be restless. It was happening a lot these days, mostly around the blue eyed Vampire. What was the connection, he can't seem to put a name to it.

Turning the tap off he wiped himself with a towel. When he starts to wipe his back his eyes catch something on his back.

Eyes slowly widened in horror as he stared at the carved creature swirled in the middle of his back. Tracing the tattoo of the bird, he let out a surprised gasp. A phoenix, with black ink and the wings made of blood red ink covered his shoulders. The sensation in his gut rose as he touched the tattoo over the mirror with trembling fingers.

"Mine.."

A sudden pain shot through his head. His knees felt weak as he clutched the counter for support as a sudden flash of memory hit him. What the hell was that? Who was that? It was definitely someone!

Gasping he rubbed his forehead, as the unbearable pain suddenly hit him. What about the tattoo? When did it appear? He has never seen it before! He tried to recall it but no, he doesn't remember ever getting a tattoo.

Quickly snatching a clean shirt he put it on and wore his jeans. No one needs to know about it. Maybe it was a phoenix thing, but being a phoenix wasn't enough of a burden that he now has to prance everywhere with it.

Picking up the bloodstone he immediately felt relaxed before gently placing it around his neck. The chain was small, so it reached near his chest.

Taking in a deep breath he made his way out and exited his room. The thunder rolled down, clearly an indication of an upcoming Storm and it's making him feel uneasy for some reason. Chanyeol really needs to get himself together. He has to come up with something for tomorrow.

Entering his Office, he made his way towards the book shelf. Searching for a certain book he roamed his eyes sharply, when they landed on what he wanted. Taking it out he quietly sat on his chair and searched for a certain topic.

There was a knock on the door. Giving permission to whoever it was he went back to searching the topic of his interest not paying any mind to the delta who entered with a hot cup of Coffee.

Kyungsoo, who found his Alpha immersed in a book, quietly placed the hot mug near him over the table. Chanyeol smiled with a soft thanks before going back to doing whatever it was.

Kyungsoo's eyes didn't stay on him for long before they fell on a silver string but what caught his interest was the blood red stone attached to it. He has never seen that before, until now. He didn't knew Chanyeol had an interest in stones. He looked away as soon as Sehun, Zi Tao and the elders entered the office.

Chanyeol gazed disappointingly at the book as he sipped his hot coffee. There was nothing which talked about a Vampire who doesn't consume animal or human blood. Meeting Baekhyun has made his curiosity grow. He wants to know about the ice Prince, what does he feed on if not blood, why fire doesn't affect him like other vampires, why he protected him, when it's clear there is a bad blood between the vampire's and werewolves. More importantly what makes him so special is that Chanyeol's wolf who has never shown interest in anyone has suddenly started to get restless.

Letting out a dejected sigh, he closed the book and regarded everyone. Suho and Yifan haven't barged into his room for any explanation yet so maybe he can clear things out now.

"Good evening everyone. I am sorry to worry you all but I had my reasons, and I know behind me everyone is capable of taking care of the pack" He started which earned him a frown from everyone but he continued. "As you see, i sneaked in the wilds, tried to find anything that can help me know the reason why my own pack mates betrayed me and the reason was something which none of us would have imagined"

"Could you elaborate more Alpha" Zi Tao asked to which Chanyeol nodded.

"Our pack members were under the influence of black magic" before the head warrior could interrupt Chanyeol and stop him. "I don't know who did this but the reason is because they already know the phoenix is me and tomorrow they are going to make their next move"

Suho's brows furrowed together. "The counil meeting is happening tomorrow. You won't be here. Are they going to attack when you are on your way there?"

Kyungsoo shook his head. "No, they won't be attacking. They will be here to take him as they pleased"

Chanyeol nodded as he took a deep breath. This is going to be bad.  "The Council will give in"

"You mean to say the council is involved?" Yifan questioned with a frown. "No way they will betray their own kind"

Sehun snorted at that. "They were attacked under everyone's noses,    left on the verge of death. Why won't they surrender to save themselves?"

Chanyeol shook his head giving a pointed stare to Sehun who rolled his eyes. "The council would have no choice Sehun. The enemies are strong, if they don't give in, they will be risking thousands of people just for one single werewolf"

Zi Tao gave a understanding nod before facing the Alpha. "So we need a plan to tackle theirs. What would be our next move Alpha? We must prepare our own defence team"

"There is no plan" Chanyeol answered as he now stared at everyone in the room. "Just Back off and let me take care of everything"

"WHAT!"

Chanyeol closed his eyes and leaned back expecting such a reaction from the elders. "That's the only way to walk out without a war. No one will be hurt" he continued..

"ARE YOU EVEN SANE!" Suho yelled as he slapped his palms over the table glaring at the Alpha. "I do not agree with this shit. You are not going for this alone. Everyone is willing to lay their life for you Chanyeol. I am not letting you do it. i am coming with you!"

Coming forward, Yifan laid a hand over his angry mate's shoulders to calm him down before giving Chanyeol one of his infamous glares.

"Chanyeol we understand your concern about everyone but the burden you are trying to carry will only pull you down. You are an Alpha now, you can't just go and hand yourself to the enemy. What about the pack? What about your people? Are you ready to leave them all behind?"

Chanyeol didn't answer, letting both the elders receive the answer through his silence. They were right but he has already made his decision and he won't be changing it. And who says he was going in it all alone, he has a gut feeling that he isn't alone anymore.

Yifan and Suho stared at the male in front of them who looked indifferent. What are they missing? Why can't they understand the child they raised until now? Highly disappointed, Suho was the first to walk out following Yifan who sighed before following his mate.

"Alpha, are you sure about this?" Zi Tao asked as the door clicked shut.

Chanyeol nodded, with his eyes closed. "Yes, Sehun and Kyungsoo will be accompanying me with few warriors as well"

Zi Tao nodded, as he silently stared at the man, before a serene smile took over his lips. "I will arrange the best men for you. Excuse me"

As soon as the elders and Zi Tao were gone, Sehun grunted before taking a seat himself.

"Why don't you just tie a board around your neck with 'take me' written on it" Picking up the glass he gulped all the water.

Kyungsoo smiled amusingly as he took out a large map. "As you instructed, I have got the map. The council hall is situated in the middle of the Capital and the crowd there will be insane as all the pack leaders will be gathering there and no one will miss the chance to see you. Look at this, the north of the Capital is surrounded by rivers, but I don't think anyone would take that route as in the rainy season the rivers are more like oceans, we can take it unless we want to drown. Then we have the south side which is surrounded by mountains, the rocky terrain is a big risk at this time of the season. So I am sure they will take the forest route which might be the longest, but it's the safest without any risk.

Chanyeol hummed as he took in the information. Sehun rolled his eyes as he pulled the map towards himself and crossed out the forest route. "Nah, they will take the road. You both are forgetting one important fact. It's a freaking deal, not a steal and wee situation. Just to mock us of our defeat they are going to prance you in the whole capital like a prized possession"

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol stared wide eyed at the Beta who shrugged.

Chanyeol smiled as he averted his gaze towards the Delta. "Make sure the people won't get involved. I want everyone to be safe"

"Everything will be covered until you are out of the capital Alpha" Kyungsoo mumbled.

"Why didn't you involve Suho or Yifan in this? Zi Tao might have helped" Sehun inquired.

Chanyeol shook his head. "We have lost enough people already. Zi Tao might have helped but if something happens to me he is the shield that will defend this pack. Suho and Yifan are the ones who can keep this pack sane. If I am gone, at least our pack has someone who can be their hope"

Chanyeol rose up and headed towards the big window, as the thunder cracked in the sky.

"They want the phoenix right? Then they should be ready to burn with it"

❤️❤️❤️

Happy 75th Independence Day India
🇮🇳✨

Thankyou for reading. ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 713 21
Baekhyun Loved Chanyeol to infinity and beyond. They were so in love that the world around them stopped to stare at the couple. A match made in heave...
4.3K 330 34
Baekhyun grew up as a famous prince but he is also known as the sweetest strongest witch that everyone adores. They often mistakenly labeled a witch...
107K 5.1K 40
A ChanBaek Fanfiction. A fragile boy with an accordian heart and a Giant cloaked with thunder. Green and Blue, As they collide, A vision, Of Ecstasy...
62.4K 3.8K 26
[English] A ChanBaek/BaekYeol fanfiction. What if suddenly a stranger came into your peaceful life and change your life? Will you hate that person? O...