Slow and Speedy Win the Fight

Galing kay JJJ000YYY

Haresa Saenin is no stranger to villain antics. They've been doing hero work since the age of five after all... Higit pa

Foreword
1. The Starting Line
2. Slow Beginnings
3. The Last Encounter
4. The Last Straw
5. Class Time
6. Home Time
7. Shoutout
8. Shouting
9. The Spotlight
10. The Searchlight
11. Twenty Minutes
12. Twenty People
14. A Defense
15. Investigation
16. Instigation
17. Question
18. Answer
19. Get Together
20. Leave Separated
21. Cold
22. Hot
23. Power Centre
24. Food Centre
25. Meeting
26. Visit
27. Racket
28. Ball
29. Assignment
30. Asinine
31. Bubble Tea
32. In a Bubble
33. Old Flame
34. Old News
35. Messages
36. Letters
37. Shoe Store
38. Xu's Store
39. Store Visit
40. Home Visit
41. Hide
42. Seek
43. Present
44. Not So Present
45. Debut
46. Perform
47. Launch
48. Land
49. Run Away
50. Run Ahead
51. Owe
52. Settle
53. Limo
54. Limbo
55. Offer
56. Reject
57. Break In
58. Break Out
59. Morning
60. Evening
61. Perform
62. Act
63. Ignite
64. Extinguish
65. Responsible
66. Irresponsible
67. Different
68. Same
69. Chaperone
70. Independent
71. Teamwork
72. Revelations
73. Genesis
74. Escape
75. Forms
76. President
77. Papers
78. Homeschooled
79. Self-Taught
80. Creation
81. Pronouns
82. No Nouns
83. Costume
84. Mask
85. Passage
86. Blockade
87. Water
88. Fire
89. Origins
90. Throwback
91. Ballgame
92. Homerun
93. Silence
94. Loud
95. Dance On
96. Dance Off
97. Are You Feeling Better?
98. What's Okay?

13. An Attack

11 1 0
Galing kay JJJ000YYY

Haresa

It was too quiet.

The app said there was a robbery happening but I wasn't sure what was happening.

I moved through the empty bank carefully. No people could be seen in the building. The dark brown counters were empty and the lights weren't even on. The only light shone through the large windows of the bank and my shadow stretched out over the grey tile floor.

Was I too late?

"Hello?" I called out. "This is Haresa. I'm here to uh... save the day?"

The notification alerted me only a minute ago. There was no way I was late especially with my super speed.

If this was a trap, I swear–

I didn't finish that thought since I stepped on a trap.

The floor gave out underneath me. I hopped on the falling tile and landed on the edge of the hole.

Well, looks like someone wants to just toy with me so I better just leave this place. Maybe ask for assistance from the hero's union.

I made my way back to the entrance and I pulled on the handle. It didn't budge.

You got to be kidding me. They locked the freaking doors.

I could just break them and leave.

After a pause, I vigorously shook my head.

No, no. I'm on hero business. What if this was a big operation that needed to be taken down? Who would be stopping them?

I couldn't just abandon this and possibly risk people's lives.

There just wasn't something right with this place. If they wanted to lure me in here, did they want to trap me? Revenge?

I took out my phone and decided to search up the name of the bank. Well, there was a website and the address was listed on it. So, it seems to be a legit bank at the least.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Okay, super hearing. Don't fail me now.

There was an echo beneath me. I could hear small rushes of wind flowing what sounded like a large space, much bigger than the area I was standing in. Then... there was a small clicking that got faster and higher pitched by the second.

Arrows flew from the other side of the room and the room. I ducked. The arrows stuck out of the wall and I pressed my lips together.

There was a ring. My eyes shot up and saw one of the phones by the desk ringing. That could be my first clue.

The ground beneath me began to shake. I took it as my cue to move. I jogged but quickly sped up when I realized the tiles were only falling away quicker. I jumped to the counter and held on tight. I looked down and saw that there was a decimated basement. I quickly climbed onto the counter and picked up the ringing phone. This better have been worth my time.

"Thank you for playing, Haresa." The voice raspy and high-pitched. I swear I heard this voice before.

I opened my mouth to respond but I heard a click. I looked at the screen of the dialer.

The line went dead.

I slammed the phone down and closed my eyes shut. Did I just waste my time?

My head lifted up and I analyzed the surroundings. For a bank, it was strange they had no cameras. It was probably dismantled for this whole show. I couldn't see anything else that could mask as a camera either. What was going on?

I sighed and took my phone out of my pocket. I suppose I should call my dad and see if there was anyone that could be behind this. My eyes drifted down to my hand and I paused.

Strange. The screen was on.

That was when I noticed a strange symbol at the top of the screen. It looked like a video symbol.

It quickly blinked away.

Maybe I accidentally pressed something while I was running around. It wouldn't be the first time it happened. Dad should have a look at it. Looked like it was more than just my clothes that needed to be hero proof.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

20.7K 1.1K 30
'Everyone warned me to stay away from him, but I was naive to give him a chance and they were right... HE IS A WALKING RED FLAG!! ' . . This is a sto...
150K 8.9K 39
Riley Steele, an omega soldier, is ready to do whatever it takes to get accepted into a special unit in the army full of alphas, and the people stand...
39.7K 2.3K 38
Study in New Zealand for one year. A program designed to bring together different cultures around the world. In the farthest place on earth, student...
18.3K 855 9
Summary: Ming is starting to feel so messed up and disgusting, having feelings for not just his best friend, but his best friend's boyfriend - only a...