MONACHOPSIS- V. Hargreeves Β³

By cheerybIossoms

Nadine Vidal will not die in a world that isn't hers. 𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 π’π”πŒπŒπ€π‘π˜ πˆππ’πˆπƒπ„ ( Β© 𝐜𝐑𝐞... More

000. A PRECIOUS COMMODITY.
𝑰. RÊVE DE FIÈVRE.
001. DEER IN HEADLIGHTS.
002. A WALK IN THE PARK.
003. HOME SWEET HOTEL ROOM.
004. LOW-HANGING FRUIT.
005. WE ARE FAMILY.
006. DINER DISCUSSIONS.
007. THE GRANDFATHER PARADOX.
008. THIRD TIME'S A CHARM.
009. THE GREAT DEVOURER.
010. IDENTITY THEFT.
011. CRIME'S GREATEST ENEMY.
012. WE'RE NOT THE MONSTERS.
013. DUST IN THE WIND.
014. A FRACTURED ALLIANCE.
015. BOTTOM OF THE BARREL.
016. SISTERS IN SPIRIT.
017. THE TROLLEY PROBLEM.
018. CHEATING THE SYSTEM.
𝑰𝑰. LE CAUCHEMAR.
019. UNEXPECTED GOODBYE.
020. KEY IN A LOCK.
021. JUST BREATHE.
022. LAMB TO THE SLAUGHTER.
023. THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM.
024. PURE, RAW RAGE.
025. RUNS IN THE FAMILY.
026. DAY OF VENGEANCE.
027. SWALLOW ME WHOLE.
028. PUT A RING ON IT.
029. NIGHT AT THE MOVIES.
030. WEDDING BELLS.

INTRODUCTION.

906 15 42
By cheerybIossoms

cheerybIossoms © 2022

originally published — june 23, 2022

status — ongoing

⋆*✧・゚:⋆*・゚:*✧・゚:*✧・゚: 

[ IT'S JUST THAT I FELL IN LOVE WITH A WAR 

NOBODY TOLD ME IT ENDED. ]

MITSKI.

WHEN THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY ends up in April 2nd, 2019 after narrowly avoiding the second apocalypse, Nadine Vidal can't help but believe that things are finally over. After all, the world is still in one piece, Nadine's heart is still beating, and the Umbrella Academy stands as if nothing has ever happened to it. If there was ever a sign that things were back to normal, this surely has to be it... right?

UNFORTUNATELY NOT. It only takes less than five minutes after arriving to realize that somewhere, somehow, something has gone horrifically wrong. Because the world that Nadine is in isn't the one she knows and loves. It isn't the one she's spent all thirty-one years of her life in (give or take a few time-travel years). It's... it's not hers at all.

HOW DOES she know? Well, it might just have something to do with the people who greet her when she stumbles her way into the living room. Not only is Reginald Bitchass Hargreeves still alive, but he's done something that has completely and utterly fucked everything up: he's replaced the Umbrella Academy. Instead, there's a new group of smarmy, stuck-up, dickhead imposters called the Sparrow Academy.

IT WOULD HAVE been bad enough if the Umbrella Academy just had to fight their counterparts—especially since Nadine has been handed one, too. But, of course, that turns out to be the least of their problems. The Umbrella Academy's presence in this twisted timeline has led to a kugelblitz—a phenomenon that won't just end the world, but the universe itself. So, with things quite literally disintegrating around her, Nadine is forced to team up with her enemies, deal with rift after rift between her friends, and confront an unpleasant truth about who she is.

NADINE VIDAL IS getting real tired of being the one to fix things. But if she doesn't do it, who will? 

⋆*✧・゚:⋆*・゚:*✧・゚:*✧・゚: 

featuring...

nora arnezeder... NADINE VIDAL!

jessica henwick... KADENCE HARGREEVES!

with...

medalion rahimi... camille lambert

lou de laâge... sabine lambert

the umbrella academy cast... themselves

⋆*✧・゚:⋆*・゚:*✧・゚:*✧・゚:

SOUNDTRACK.

001.  daydream wallace collection
002. no more heroes the stranglers
003. sister of pearl baio 
004. people are strange the doors
005. that's why david marks & the marksmen
006. house of the rising sun the animals
007. waterloo abba
008. immortal marina
009. fly me to the moon yoko takahashi
010. killer queen queen
011. stranger spence bare
012. what makes you a man the ninth wave
013. a pearl mitski
014. she's not there the zombies
015. always forever cults
016. she's my collar gorillaz, kali uchis
017. come into the water mitski
018. way down we go kaleo
019. little dark age mgmt
020. darlin' darlin' the knee-hi's
021. je fais le mort juniore
022. tip toe thru' the tulips with me tiny tim

⋆*✧・゚:⋆*・゚:*✧・゚:*✧・゚:

WARNINGS.

foul language, trauma, alcohol and drug use, sexual references, sexual assault, homophobia, character death, show-typical violence. other warnings may be added.

this fic is marked mature not for the same reasons that paramnesia was, but because of the graphic violence, sexual references, and mature language that will be used throughout. honestly, this season got dark, and as much as i loved that, i just have to give a warning. it's nothing out of the typical for the show, but be mindful! 

also, just a note: i will be using she/her pronouns for viktor and his dead name right up until he comes out, since, like the other characters, nadine does not know that there's been a change until then. as soon as he does come out, though, there will be an immediate change to he/him pronouns and viktor's correct name. 

(still refer to viktor as a man in the comments, though. it's just called being respectful :))

⋆*✧・゚:⋆*・゚:*✧・゚:*✧・゚:

COPYRIGHT.

obviously, i do not own the umbrella academy—the rights to that show belong to gerard way and netflix. however, i do own nadine, kadence, and all of the other characters i have created for this plot. even though this is fanfiction, i have still put quite a bit of work into this series, and i really don't appreciate anyone taking it and passing it off as their own. this includes my plots, my characters, my writing style/writing, my graphics/aesthetics, or my author's notes. if you want to take inspiration from my layouts, covers, text dividers, etc, just ask me first! it's likely i'll be more flattered than anything, and will be more than happy to say yes. i promise, i'm actually quite nice :)

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

wow. season three of the umbrella academy was absolutely wild, and went in a direction i did not at all expect it to go in. i really ended up enjoying it, though, even with the few problems i had with the directions the writers took some of the characters. it weirdly reminded me of the good place at parts, which is always a bonus in my book lmao.

anyway, expect an equally wild fic. i hope you're excited for weddings at the end of the world, shocking revelations, and a love story that was doomed from the beginning. no spoilers, though :))

thanks for reading, and here's a warm welcome to monachopsis!! 

⋆*✧・゚:⋆*・゚:*✧・゚:*✧・゚: 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3.9K 17
❝ There's nothing you can do once the world has turned against you. Time and time again, no matter what we do, we will fail. I wasn't meant to be in...
1.8K 88 8
π—žπ—₯π—¬π—£π—§π—’π—‘π—œπ—§π—˜, 𝗔 𝗧𝗨𝗔 π—™π—œπ—– ❛ 𝗒ou're so much older and wiser and I... ❜ π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—›, ...
20.7K 904 25
Give me a few days of peace in your arms - I need it terribly. I'm ragged, worn, and exhausted. After that I can face the world. Β© starlithearts...
300K 8K 26
"I'm not letting you get hurt again." "Even at the cost of the world?" "Even at the cost of the world." | book one | season one | | total word count...