The Patient's Painkiller is a...

By ChickenStripping

Peter Parker, a psychologist, insists on taking a patient everyone strongly advises against. ((Cover art used... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 3

3.4K 128 28
By ChickenStripping

As always, Peter didn't have a full night's rest... Howbeit, unlike other times, Peter used his time awake to review his work once again as well as do some research by himself.

It was just like before when he had taken a patient as his own, she was a drug addict and quite delusional, her brain coming up with creative ways to deal with her own negative feelings... Nevertheless to say, she is just finishing her stay at the clinic, getting some last days under supervision to ensure she is alright to join society again.

With a new patient, Peter has something to put his focus on, no longer forced to do boring scout work, finally able to help someone... He hopes he can help Mr Wilson at least...

When the alarm blared through the room, he jumped out in surprise, looking up from the many notes he had taken, his favourite spider plush falling out of his lap and he felt almost as if the Hello Kitty that sat just in front of him were judging him so he turned her head away as he stood at last.

Frowning down at his desk, Peter wondered if he could tidy up his desk before he left or if he didn't have time to do so...

"First routine, then desk" he nodded, as if he found time to tidy up his desk after then he wouldn't arrive late to work.
By late meaning early enough that he can have a cup of coffee and review his notes before meeting up with Mr Wilson again.

Going to shower, Peter rubbed his chin in front of the mirror, feeling the unpleasant texture of his beard that he never could fully grow- He had tried...and it never went past the stubble stage.
Wanting to look more presentable and put together for his new patient, Peter finally got to work on shaving his face. Head tilted up just enough as he grazed the thin razor down his jaw, a concentrated pout upon his lips.

Once done, he stood there for a moment longer, scowling at the difference a clean face made to him- He looked like a baby! No wonder everyone mistook him as a trainee!

Unsure whenever he liked the small change or not, Peter simply gave a small shrug and got to washing himself, mumbling out information he learnt over the night on burnt victims to himself.

"To narrow it down..." he dried himself once done, leaving the bathroom to collect his clothes and get dressed "burn survivors may have PTSD, anxiety..." he began to list as he took his towel and dried his hair after putting on his briefs.

"Depression, insomnia- just the whole menu, huh" he frowned slightly, placing the towel on the back of his chair to dry as he finally tidied his table.

Carefully, he took the notes he took and opened one of his desk drawers to take a personal as he had done with his previous patients. Flicking through the different folders that he had collected everytime he saw one on sale or had a particularly nice design. Peter paused, looking at a folder that had a nice pattern of strawberries and dots.

"This will do" he hummed, placing the papers in and reminding himself to type them up in his work computer later in the day.

With a small hum, Peter began put the folder in his messenger leather bag and began to get dressed. Blue shirt with a white sweater vest this time, dark pants and shoes that matched his bag.

Content, neat and tidy, Peter finally made his way out to make his way to the clinic, stopping only to turn the Hello Kitty plush back to face the room again.

"Steven- No!" Shouted a nurse who was in charge of watching the patients during morning break "come back here" she warned.

"What? I was just--" gestured said man towards the corner of the room "Just talking to the man that's hiding in the corners shadows, yeah?"

"Steven just do as you're told" a dark skinned girl huffed, picking on her breakfast but still watched in amusement

"Oh I'm sorry- I just wanted to check of the the masked guy in the corner was real" Steven rolled his eyes, British accent heavy as he turned back to said man "Or if he's alright- Are you alright? Hello?"

"How come he's bound?" asked the girl, fully  turning on her chair to look

"That's what I'd like to know myself" entered Peter with a frown, seeming to be the only one to notice how Mr Wilson kept pushing himself further back against the corner

"Peter!" Exclaimed the girl, waving excitedly  at him

"Good morning, Lucy" Peter greeted, making his way further inside the room, smile falling as he turned to the nurse instead, awaiting an answer.

"It was decided to allow...him to have some time in the breakfast room so he'd grow accustomed to his surrounding--"

"That wasn't what I asked" Peter smiled patiently, not wanting to come off as rude

"I was getting to that" mumbled the nurse with annoyance "as we aren't sure whenever or not that man will hurt us as he hurt his previous caretaker, we kept him bound" she continued, turning herself away from Peter as if the conversation was over

"So what you're saying is you brought my patient to have breakfast with arms bound and mouth covered?" Peter lift a brow "without permission from me" he added.

"Those were the orders" the nurse snapped back, ponytail flicking behind her as she glared at Peter.

"My patient hasn't been given a full diagnosis yet" Peter began patiently "Mr Wilson will be going back to his own room to eat in his own comfort and I shall accompany him to make sure there aren't any violent nurses surrounding him to scare him into a corner" he smiled politely, spinning on his heel to make his way to his patient. Sure, it was unnecessary but it was early morning and Peter still didn't get his coffee.

"You're early as always" Steven, who was sat a few steps away from Mr Wilson greeted with a small nod "He's your patient?" He asked curiously, accent shifting into as that of an American

"Yes, Marc" Peter smiled "thanks for keeping him company but it might be a bit too early for that..." he crouched down besides the two, keeping distance with his own patient just in case "Where's Dr Harrow?"

"Ugh- I don't like that guy" said Marc with an eyeroll "but seriously? You think he'd be here at the break of dawn like you?" He asked, standing up with a playful smile

"Prefer your caretaker, Layla, then?" Peter said playfully back, chuckling when Marc made an abnormal noise- most likely both Steven and him trying to reply...Jake didn't seem to be one to talk much, was a man of action.

Turning his attention back to Mr Wilson, Peter took in his state, smiling gently towards the man to calm his nerves.
The man seemed confused, though Peter couldn't quite see- but he did have blink in surprise and the fabric on his forehead crinkled as if furrowing his brows.
Mr Wilson's mask was messy, twisted more towards the right, one eye hole in the middle of his forehead while the other just managed to barely remain in place.

"Good morning, Mr Wilson" Peter began, making sure to give his proper greeting and avoiding the urge to fix the mask for the man.

"You seem to have had a busy morning" he said with a sympathetic smile, tilting his head ever so slightly "would you like to return to your room now or do you like it he--"

Mr Wilson didn't even give him a chance to finish as he nodded repeatedly, fabric of mask pooping in and out with his harsh breathing.

"Alright" Peter nodded "can you stand?" He asked and relieved a reply from the other that was a bit of struggling but managed.

When Mr Wilson was stood up, Peter awaited the man to stop wobbling before giving a small nod when the man was stood properly and facing him. Turning to lead his way back to his roo--

"What is this shit?!" A loud voice spat-  literally. Jhon, Peter's manager, came in with coffee dribbling down his chin and a disgusted look aimed towards the coffee in his hand.
Peter jumped at the sudden sound, giving the tiniest yelp of surprise before tur ing his gaze towards his manager. The way his patient's stance turned tense and wide as if ready to either fight or bolt didn't go unnoticed.

"Parker! Get me another coffee!" He demanded, throwing the still full cup into the trash, causing it to spill a bit on the floor.

"Right away, si--" Peter nearly replied out of habit- wrinkly shaking his head clear before frowning, noticing the cigarette in his manager's hand.
Peter turned to Mr Wilson, for the first time ever noticing now just how tall the man really was from how he stood almost as if attempting to intimidate others around- tall and chest out with legs strongly on ground.

Struggling to find his words for a moment, Peter cleared his throat which seemed to get his patient's attention but not as much as to turn his head away from...
Wait... was Mr Wilson squaring up to his manager? No- ... maybe? Did he see the man as a threat? That wouldn't be surprising...

"Mr Wilson" Peter smiled up at the man, wanting to reach out and try soothe him a little but keeping his hands by his sides instead "Do you min--"

"Parrker! Coffee!!" Barked the man with hitler-stache once again and Mr Wilson was back to glaring towards his direction

"Would you mind sitting down just for a moment? On a chair" he added, glancing at the corner the man was sat in moments ago "I won't be long" he gave an apologetic smile

Mr Wilson, seemed to understand his tough position but still struggled to actually make his way and sit down, so Peter accompanied him to a table close to the small telly, just in case the man needed to be distracted by something.
His patient sat on the side where he couldn't see the TV very well but had a good field vision of Jhon.

"Thank you" Peter whispered before quickly going to make his manager coffee- unsure if he was thankful for the scout work which had taught him just how the man liked it.

Once his manager had stopped shouting at him to hurry up and a cup of coffee was in his hand with a napkin neatly around it as to not burn his fingers, Peter took a deep breath to prepare himself for what's coming

"What are you still doing here? Don't you have that maniac to take care of? Go" the man shooed him away and Peter got worried for a moment if he had noticed how his face twitched at the rude mention of his patient.

"Mr Jameson... please refrain from smoking within the clinic and especially around patients" Peter asked politely "there are many patients who are here to quit addictions and I'd apprised if you wouldn't make things more complicated for th--" Peter's eyes teared as a big cloud of smoke was purposely blown at his direction, his nose scrunched up and he covered his mouth to repeatedly cough.

"Just get to work, Parker- I don't pay you to play nanny" the man took a big inhale of his cigarette once again, watching as Peter struggled to catch his breath again

"No-" Peter choked out, clearing his throat and putting on a stern expression "I'm afraid I can't, Sir" Peter tried not to show his distaste for the man "Luciana over there is close to leaving the clinic, she has gone clean and is no longer addicted to drugs but had it been a few weeks ago we mightve have to repeat the whole process simply because you entered these premises smoking" he gestured to the dark skinned girl who sat on a table now, she held up a middle finger to the man before dropping it quickly when the man turned to look at her.

"I don't pay you to--"

"No- you pay me to take care of the patients in this building which is exactly why I am asking you, Mr Jameson, to put the cigarette away as it is a danger not only to their physical health but mental health as well" Peter interrupted, knowing his tone had gone a bit more angry.

John only stared up at Peter for a moment before standing up and getting rid of the cigarette, taking his coffee with him as he headed for the door.

"Thank you, si--"

"There are some files that need printing, I will send them to your email later" John sipped on his coffee "I need them for tomorrow"

"Excuse me?" Peter blinked, he knew what this was but perhaps he was wrong "Sir, I've already got work--"

"Then you can stay late to do it" Mr Jameson turned slightly before leaving Peter to stand there dumbfounded.

Okay... so he was working extra hours to do scout work now...no biggie.

"Is that even allowed?" Steven had come to stand besides Luciana, seeming concerned.

All the other patients, carers as well as nurses seemed not to care except for the nurse he spoke to earlier, she seems glad for his undeserved punishment, and Luciana, Steven and Mr Wilson.

"What a dick" Luciana jumped off the table and made her way to stand besides Peter to stare at the door as well.

"Language-" Steven followed jumping when Mr Wilson came to stand just a little bit further away from them

"You can say that again, Lucy" Peter mumbled

"What a dick" Luciana repeated and Peter noted how Mr Wilson nodded ever so slightly

"Yeah..." Peter agreed "what a dick"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 4.5K 27
MCU au where Peter is Tony and Dr. Strange's kid(adopted, of course) and he lives with the Avengers. Also spiderpool is in it(oops) TRIGGER WARNINGS:...
131K 5.1K 26
With none of his remaining family stable enough to care for him and developing superpowers, a young Peter Parker is sent to S.H.I.E.L.D., an agency a...
276K 5.6K 72
Series of one shots about our favourite heroes Tony Stark and Peter Parker I'm gonna start including ships like Spideychelle, Pepperony, Clintasha et...
131K 4.4K 11
[FINISHED🎉] Peter doesn't feel all that comfortable with Wade Wilson, the school bully, as his project partner... and certainly not as a houseguest...