Mending Morality

By STUD247

They are two sides of the same coin. Peter Parker, the hero that no one remembers. Wanda Maximoff, the hero t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
UPDATE
Sequel is Out

Chapter 11

2.8K 65 12
By STUD247

Wanda was tossing and turning on the couch in her sleep. She wasn't having any nightmares this time....for once. In fact she wasn't able to have any sleep what-so-ever. For some reason she could not get any sleep tonight.

And then a small creaking sound and a gust of cold wind caused her to snap her eyes open. What was going on now?

She got up, turned on the light and looked around the living room area to get her answer. As far as she could tell, everything was the same as it was when she went to sleep. There was nothing out of place, and the window was closed.

'Maybe something slipped and made that creaking sound.' she thought to herself. 'But what about the gust of cold air?'

She then looked at the thermostat. Since it was in the winter, the heat was blowing. Granted it was set to a low temperature, but not low enough to where she would be shivering. She then glanced in the direction of Peter's bedroom. The door was open so she could make out what was going on inside.

The bed sheets were messy and there was no Peter laying in there. And what was more interesting was that the window in Peter's room was wide open. That deduced where the gust of cold wind came from.

Wanda looked at the clock. It was 2:28 am. Why would Peter just get up and go out the window at this time? A deep feeling of worry arose in her stomach at the thought of Peter mysteriously disappearing in the middle of the night.

Something wasn't right.

Wanda then teleported herself out of the apartment and started to fly through the city in search of Peter. She cared not how tired she was, or how odd it would be to see the Scarlet Witch flying in the streets at this time and in her pajamas. All she cared about was finding Peter and making sure he was safe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What in the actual fu-" a car horn had blared it's horn loudly as Spider-Man finished that sentence.

Spider-Man was as confused as ever. How in the world did he end up in the middle of Times Square, hanging upside down in a new black costume? Was this Wanda's doing or something?

Or what about that thug that looked at him with the gray eyes. Was this his doing?

'Just appreciate the suit Parker.' said a voice in his head. Normally random thoughts don't appear in his head like this. So it was a little perplexing.

Spider-Man jumped from the web to stick to the wall right-side-up. He then got a better look at the suit that he was wearing. He had to admit, he looked good. "Wow......this actually isn't a bad look. And this suit......feels good too!" he commented as he noticed how soothing the suit felt on him.

'Well let's see how the suit holds up.' he thought to himself as he looked down to the streets. He then jumped off the building into the sky. "Woah!" Spider-Man shouted as he noticed how high he was going. He was going almost as high as the empire state building! and he was on the lower part of one of the buildings!

He shot a web and swung to the next building at a much fast pace than he was used to. 'Unbelievable!' he thought as he landed onto the nearest building.

"I nearly went as high as the empire state! I never could jump like that before! And then the web swinging speed was phenomenal!" he said to himself. Then he looked down at the suit in realization. "This new suit has upgraded all of my powers! I wonder if it has done anything to my strength."

He then noticed a large mack truck below him and looked around to see if anyone was in sight. He sung down and walked up to the truck. He squatted down and started lifted the truck with relative ease.

This was massive for him. Usually it would take him a few minutes to do what he just did to a vehicle that large. This time it took only one second.

Spider-Man then stopped to think about the time and that he needed to get back to sleep. And he started swinging off into the direction of the apartment, when he got the feeling that he was suddenly being followed.....again.

He landed on top of yet another building and waited for the person to show themself. "I see you're awake." he said, without looking behind him.

"Yes. I should be in bed right now. Both of us should." Wanda's voice said behind him. Spider-Man turned and looked at Wanda, who was studying the new costume. "Care to explain to me why you were out in the open at this time? And why you're wearing this new suit?"

"You came out here in the dead of night to look for me?" Spider-Man asked, filled with hope.

"I asked you a question first Peter." Wanda said, crossing her arms.

'Feisty.' the voice in his head said.

"Well Wanda, your guess is as good as mine." Spider-Man said. "When I went to sleep I, was in my bed. Then I woke up in the middle of Times Square, upside down, wearing this new costume."

Wanda quirked a brow. "You woke up and you just all of a sudden were hanging upside-down? And had that thing on? Come on Peter that's crazy." she said. Spider-Man's eye lenses narrowed.

"This coming from a woman who has chaos magic powers." Spider-Man said. "And who actually got up in the middle of the night to chase down her friend."

"Well of course." Wanda said. "I care about you. A lot." That last past made Peter blush a little bit. He was silently grateful that he was wearing a mask at the moment. "And if it means getting up at two in the morning to come and find you, then so be it."

Silence filled the air for a minute or two after she said that. there wasn't really much to say from them since they had gotten everything that they wanted to say out. "Well, nice to see that you care." Spider-Man said. "So.......what do you think of the new suit?"

Wanda looked it up and down once. She wasn't really all that fond of the new suit Peter was wearing. He would probably make any suit look good but......it just didn't really suit him very well. Didn't suit the bright person he usually was. This was more of a dark and dangerous look.

"It's okay.......But personally I prefer the red and blue suit." Wanda said to him.

"Hm." Spider-Man said, looking at the suit once more. "I might alternate. But this suit does look good on me. And it feels good too. I think I might keep it. Oh and get this! It has also enhanced some of my powers as well!"

"It enhances your powers?" Wanda asked, skeptically. "That's an odd thing for a suit to do."

"Not really. The Iron Man suit allowed Mr. Stark to have so many different abilities. Maybe this is my version of the Iron Man suit, you know?" Spider-Man said.

Fair point.

"Okay. Just be careful with it Peter. Since we don't know where it came from or how you even got it, we should be careful with how you flaunt it around the city." she said.

"Agreed." Spider-Man said. "But for now, let's go home and sleep some more."

"I'm with you there." Wanda said, teleporting them back to the apartment.

"Alright, I'll just take this-" Spider-Man started to say, but the suit itself started to move off of him and dissolve into his skin. "Off." he finished.

"Okay now that's creepy." Wanda commented.

"Yeah. But I'll worry about it tomorrow." Peter said, heading for his room.

"Technically it is tomorrow." Wanda said. Peter chuckled a little as he looked back at her.

"Go to sleep." he said with a chuckle as he closed the bedroom door. Wanda also let a laugh escape her lips as she did exactly what Peter told her to do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that day...............

"Well, what did you think of the prequels?" Peter asked as they finished episodes one, two and three of the Star Wars franchise.

Wanda thought for a moment before she responded. "They weren't bad. But I think that the original was a little bit better. The prequels had so much politics and stuff. But the light-saber battles were definitely better." she said. "But there was one character that I really didn't like all that much."

"Palpatine?" Peter asked.

"Besides him. That guy from the first episode......what was his name? The creature who lived on Naboo." Wanda said.

"Jar Jar Binks?" Peter asked. Wanda snapped her fingers.

"That's it! He was an idiot. I swear that I cringed every time that he opened his mouth.........And then I cringed whenever he did something stupid. Which was all the time." Wanda said.

Peter chuckled at Wanda's explanation. It was heartwarming for him to see that the woman he liked, or..........maybe loved..........was starting to become a Star Wars fan.

"Yeah he gets on my nerves too." Peter said.

"And what was with the whole Anakin and Padme situation? The very thing that he does to save her life is the very thing that kills her?" Wanda asked. "That is so sickening and twisted."

Peter shrugged and said, "Well.....that's the dark side."

Wanda then nodded her head in understanding. "So what are we gonna do now?" she asked.

Peter then noticed that she was about to yawn and made a decision right then and there. "Well, you are going into my room and you're gonna take a nap." he said.

"What?" Wanda asked. "But I'm not t-" she started to say, but a yawn cut her off.

"Yes you are tired. And don't you dare lie to me and tell me you're not." Peter said. Though he did pause at how he worded the last sentence he said. That seemed too harsh of a thing for him to say normally.

Wanda took a slight notice of this too, but shrugged it off. "Well I have been tired today since I woke up at two in the morning." she then flashed Peter a look, in which he just laughed nervously. "Eh, why not? It is getting rather late anyways. But what about you?" she asked.

"I'm gonna go on patrol for a while." Peter said. "Just need to get my-" he was cut off when the black suit suddenly appeared on him. "Suit."

"I still don't feel comfortable with that thing." Wanda said. "We don't even know what it is, or where it came from. Let alone if it's dangerous."

"I'll figure it out soon. I assure you of that." Spider-Man said, heading for the window. "You have a good night's sleep Wanda."

Wanda then nodded and said, "You as well Peter. And be careful out there."

"Aren't I always?" Spider-Man asked cheerfully. Wanda gave him a flat look in response. "Alright, alright. I'll try to be careful." he added, before taking off to the streets of New York. Wanda then looked at the retreating figure through the window and she unknowingly put on a small smile. He was such a sweetheart.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spider-Man then swung through the city, looking for any signs of trouble. Like a giant lizard sneaking through the city, or a mischievous cat burglar. 'What does the city have for its friendly neighborhood Spider-Man tonight?' he thought to himself.

'Screw that name. The Lethal Protector sounds better.' The same voice from before said in his head.

Spider-Man stopped in his tracks as the voice appeared once more. 'Okay, who is saying that?'

'I am.' The voice said.

'I realize that was you, but I'm trying to figure out who you are.' Spider-Man thought to himself.

'All in good time Parker.' the voice replied.

Total weirdness.

Spider-Man was then snapped out of his thoughts as a loud roar came and pierced through the skies of New York. Spider-Man knew immediately who it was and went to go and face it.

Making sure the string bag on him was tightly secured, Spider-Man swung around and followed the sound of civilians screaming in terror. Soon enough, as he neared the ocean, his hunch was proven correct. The giant lizard had reappeared once more.

Remembering what happened the last time, Spider-Man opted to keep the cure webbed to the nearby wall so that it doesn't go flying out of his hands again. Then he landed right in front of the retreating lizard.

"Dr. Connors. We meet again." Spider-Man said. The lizard roared at Spider-Man and charged straight at him. Spider-Man jumped as it slashed one of its clawed hands at his gut. When the lizard charged again, he tried to pin Spider-Man as he did the last time.

But this time, Spider-Man was empowered by the new suit, and got the upper hand. "That won't work this time." he said, and sent a punch to the lizard, sending him back into the opposite wall, hard.

While the lizard staggered to his feet, Spider-Man took the opportunity to kick the lizard back to the ground. The fight continued onward for a little bit. Punch after punch, kick after kick, block after block, and counter after counter. Until eventually the lizard picked up a nearby empty car and hurled it at the hero. But Spider-Man stuck out one hand and stopped the vehicle instantly before throwing it back at the lizard.

The lizard dodged, but Spider-Man anticipated this and was already executing a swing kick to knock the lizard into the air. Then he used both feet once more to make one more kick, causing the lizard to crash to the ground one more time. It was then that the lizard started to morph back into the familiar one-armed scientist that Spider-Man knew.

"Alright Doc. Time to cure you." Spider-Man said. But before he could even move to get the cure, a flash of light distracted the hero. He turned to look where it came from.

Eddie Brock had taken a picture of Connors, who was still lying on the ground in pain. "Holy crap! Connors is the guy! This will give me a bunch of evidence for the police, and for the Bugile job!" he heard Brock say.

Spider-Man's eye lenses widened. He didn't want Connors to be arrested for this unfortunate event. It didn't seem right to him since he didn't choose to be the lizard. Plus, with Brock aiming to take his job, that wasn't something he wanted either.

'So go stop him!' The voice in his head said. 'Don't just stand there like a dumb-ass!'

For once, Spider-Man agreed to the voice in his head and went after Brock, who started running from the scene. He then landed in front of Brock, which caused Brock to stop in his tracks.

"Where are you going this late at night?" Spider-Man asked, even though he already knew the answer.

"Going to turn Connors in! And to get my job! Now get out of the way!" Brock said, trying to hurry around Spider-Man. But Spider-Man took a step back to stay in front of him.

"But you don't even know if Connors wanted to be the lizard or not. What if he's an innocent bystander in all of this? The lizard is committing crimes, not the man. You're gonna put an innocent man in jail?" Spider-Man said.

"I don't give a damn about that!" Brock said. "My life is in a downward spiral at the moment. And this can finally give me the job that I so desperately need. Now get out of my way!" he then shoved Spider-Man out of his path, which angered the web head.

"That's it!" Spider-Man said, shooting a web at Brock, and yanking him back. The action caused his camera to fly from his hand and break into tiny pieces as it crashed to the ground.

Brock cried out as he struggled to free himself from the web line. "What are you doing?!" he yelled.

"I won't let you ruin Connors' life." Spider-Man said. "If you tell anyone about him, and I mean anyone, I will track you down, and YOU. WILL. BE. SORRY." he added in a menacing tone of voice.

The look of fear on Brock's face was evident as he looked at Spider-Man. He struggled to come up with words, so Spider-Man kept talking.

"You understand?" Spider-Man asked.

"But you can't threaten me! You can't do this!" Brock said.

"Oh, I can't do this?" Spider-Man asked. "I just did. Now unless you wanna be webbed up to the wall with your mouth webbed shut, you better cooperate. And if I find that you went to the police to try and frame Connors, there's gonna be some major issues between you and I pal. Got me?"

Brock frantically nodded his head yes, and that's when Spider-Man released him. "Now go straight home." he said. Brock then raced out of there as fast as he could.

Spider-Man then took the moment to realize what he had just done. That was so dark. He would never have done something like that in the past. But then again he hadn't exactly been in this type of position before now.....oddly.

But then remembering Connors, he shoved that to the back of his mind and got the cure and wet over to the place he left Connors at. But once again, Connors had given him the slip.

"Dammit Dr. Connors!" Spider-Man said. And he shook his head at not only Connors, but at Brock as well for distracting him long enough for Connors to escape again.

"Can't wait to tell Wanda I screwed up once again." Spider-Man said as he started swinging back to the apartment to pack it in for the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.9K 1.3K 42
Sequel to Wandavision, Spider-Man: No Way Home and Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness. 3 words altered history. Three words destroyed the m...
14K 460 23
This is book 6/7 to my SpiderWitch series Peter and Wanda's identities just got revealed and things take a drastic turn on the couples relationship...
3.3K 92 32
" You know I left a part of me back in New York, you knew the hero died so what's the movie for. You knew it still hurts underneath my scars from whe...
185K 2.7K 30
This story takes place after the Civil War. After Peter's aunt dies, from unhealable heart disease, Peter becomes an orphan. Soon enough Tony Stark a...