two for a penny // newsies pr...

By invisibledragonfly

-i'll gladly take requests! -writing for: -jack -davey -spot -skittery -bumlets -I might add more charac... More

how you met
first kiss
nicknames
studying/doing homework
height difference
movie nights (modern au)

asking each other out

143 4 0
By invisibledragonfly

a/n: when it's a longer story I will be writing it first person bcos I hate writing in second person

jack:

I'd just got off work. Tired, yes, but also satisfied with the money I made that day. I gathered up my belongings and walked outside, only to be stopped by Jack, a regular and also my personal favorite customer.

"Look," he said, shoving his hands in his pocket. "I know I flirt with you sometimes."

I raised an eyebrow. "Sometimes?"

"Fine. A lot of the time. But I wanted you to know that it's- it's genuine. I actually really, really like you. You're so nice, and beautiful, and the way you carry yourself even when you can see it in your face that you're exhausted, it's admirable."

I glanced away, trying to avoid eye contact so you wouldn't blush.

"But the point is that I want to be close to you. I want to be yours, and you could be mine. Only if that's okay with you."

I stared at him for a moment. Slowly, a smile formed on my lips.

"I would love that," I finally said.

He surprised you by enveloping you in a big hug, which you returned with a grin.

davey:

I reached up to shelve a book. Only I couldn't quite reach it, not even on my tiptoes. I try jumping, but it's no use.

"Do you need any help?" someone asked behind me, placing their hand on my shoulder.

I whirled around, nearly hitting Davey in the face with the book in my hand.

"Davey! I am so sorry I almost hit you," I apologized.

"You're good. Here, let me take this for you."

He took the book I was attempting to shelve and placed it where it needed to be.

"Thank you," I laughed, scratching the back of my neck.

"No problem!"

I smoothed down my dress. Davey brushed a stray hair behind my ear. I stiffened up and blushed.

"My bad. It fell out of your bun and was in your face. I had to fix it." he explained.

I nodded. "Actually, Davey, there's something I need to tell you."

I froze. Why would you say that now? You didn't think you were ready. Were you?

"What is it, y/n?"

"I, uh, I kind of.. kind of..." I trailed off.

"What?"

"I've had a really big crush on you for a while now."

"You do?" Davey echoed, looking mystified.

I nodded, trying not to embarrass myself further.

"Well, y/n, I think I've had one on you for longer."

"Really?"

"I used to see you shelving books and stuff all the time. I would always try to see if I could find you whenever I came to the library. When you first started talking to me, I was thrilled. And now that you actually like me, I mean, that's great!" he spluttered, blushing.

"David Jacobs, would you be my boyfriend?" I asked.

"Absolutely."

I kissed him on the cheek, leaving him blushing harder.

spot:

I was so incredibly proud of myself. I'd just performed in my first vaudeville, and the crowd had loved it. I went backstage to take makeup off and change. In my dressing room, there stood a mirror, a stool, and a clothing rack. Tonight, there was also a Spot. A Spot? Why was he there?

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Oh, you know I couldn't bear to go a night without seeing my sweetheart," he smiled smugly.

I rolled your eyes. "Drop the nickname, Conlon."

"I came to give you these," he gestured to the small bouquet of roses in his hand.

"Oh. Thanks!" I said, accepting them. I put them in a small jar you had on your table.

"There's another thing, too," he said.

"Is there?"

"Well, yeah. You know I likes you. A lot."

"Trust me, I'm well aware."

He laughed. "But I don't think you likes me back. I try and I try to get you to, but It doesn't work. And then it struck me: 'I need to ask her to be my girl!' You see, if the lovely y/n l/n isn't my girl, then I guess I'll never have a girl."

"Spot," I said.

He looked up. "Hm?"

"I do like you. I just didn't tell you that because I didn't want your ego to blow up more than it already has."

"Hey!"

I shrugged. "But I will be your girl, Spot. I'd love to be."

"Finally," he breathed. "I could kiss you now, couldn't I?"

"Not unless you want to get my stage makeup smeared on your face," I told him.

"Aww."

skittery:

I was at Anna's house, helping her study. She was a year below me in school, so I was able to help her understand the material better. She'd gotten up to use the bathroom, so I sat in her room by myself. Skittery opened the door.

"Oh! Hi, y/n!" he smiled. He took a seat beside me.

Skittery was Anna's brother who was the same age as me, and I'd always had a crush on him.

"Hi!"

"What're you up to?"

"Helping Anna with schoolwork," I explained.

"That's nice of you. I would never be able to do that. I'd lose my patience with her in seconds. If I could help her, that is."

Skittery never really got a chance to go to school, because he supported his family by selling newspapers.

"How are the papers selling?" I asked.

He thought about it. "Actually, not super great right now. It's a bit stressful and all."

"Aw. I hope they sell better soon, though!"

Skittery smiled. "You're so sweet, y/n. That's why I like you."

"What?" I asked, doing a double take.

"I like you. As more than a friend. You're so sweet and kind and cheerful and it always reflects in the people around you. And I want that cheerfulness closer to me, if you'd agree."

I beamed, still very surprised. "Skittery, I would love to."

bumlets:

Bucket, Race, Bumlets, and I were at Tibby's. We'd all just gone to see one of Medda's shows and gone out to eat afterward.

"Let's play a game," Race offered.

"Sounds good to me," Bucket agreed.

"Truth or dare."

"Really, Race?" I groaned.

That was always his go-to game whenever there weren't any cards to play with. The last time I played, I ended up throwing a shoe out of the window while screaming 'Duck!' at a random passerby. Needless to say, It was not a fun experience.

"Glad to see you want to play. Y/n, truth or dare?" he grinned.

Not wanting to go through any more embarrassing dares, I chose truth, the (hopefully) safer option.

Race tapped his chin. "Ok. If you had to kiss one person in this room, who would it be? Because personally, I would choose our waitress. She was definitely flirting."

"Race. all she said to you was 'Enjoy your water!' and walked away," Bumlets pointed out.

"Still counts."

"But I'm still curious, y/n. Who?" Race urged.

I thought for a moment. Bucket? Nah. He was your best friend. Purely platonic. That'd be weird. Definitely not Race, and not some random waiter. So that must be...

"Probably Bumlets," I decided.

That definitely caught his attention. The poor guy... his face turned red in a matter of seconds.

"And why's that?" he prodded.

"I mean, he is pretty cute. And smart. And sweet. And-"
Bucket grinned. "Sounds like someone has a crush!"

My eyes widened. How had he just now picked up on it?

"Actually, you're right," I admitted, fiddling with the lace on the cuff of your sleeve.

"Y/n! I have a crush on you, too!" Bumlets blurted, clamping his hand over his mouth immediately after in embarrassment.

"Does this mean you guys are together together?" Bucket asked.

Bumlets stared at the ceiling for a moment. "Only if she says yes."

I practically jumped out of my seat. "Yes, Bumlets! Of course! Yes!"

Never mind, I did jump out of my seat. Bumlets did too, and he spun me around and pulled me into a hug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

115K 2.7K 42
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
250K 8.1K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
1.1M 44.8K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...