Menagerie: A BWWM Picture Col...

By StephenEgner

A collection of BWWM pictures paired with stories of 200 words or less. Picture submissions and ideas are wel... More

Introduction
1. Footsteps
2. Final Text
3. Neon and Cotton Candy
4. A Humble Prayer
5. Noveux Riche
6. Distractions
7. One More
8. Never Going Back
9. The Connors
10. Temptation
11. Enough
13. Dancin' in the Streets
14. Doubling Up
15. Honk
16. Anxiety
17. Morning Bliss
18. 2:00 PM, Hawthorne Court
19. So Mean
20. Confrontation
21. Loitering
22. Misjudged
23. The Summit
24. Princess
25. Ten Years
26. Interruptions
27. The Lucky One
28. Rum and Ivory
29. Stolen Moments
30. Rebound
31. Larger Than Life
32. Embrace
33. One of the Boys
34. It's the Hair
35. Text Chat
36. Photoshoot
37. Hood Life
38. Alone Time
39. No Regrets
40. Taking Advice
41. Just Looking
42. Slow Dance
43. Tall Boy
44. Giving In
45. Autumn Fever
46. Janie
Afterword

12. Peace of Mind

97 6 3
By StephenEgner

The gentle ripples of the lake against the shoreline. The cool breeze driving back the heat of the summer sun. The soft touch of her increasingly tight sundress set against his rough and powerful hands as they embraced her. Supported her. And most of all, the gentle, rhythmic kicks of the children growing inside of her.

A few short years ago, she wouldn't have thought it possible. Her old life was one of chaos, of unceasing business and broken promises. Overtime shifts on two jobs, parallel parking, boyfriends cheating with some chick on the side, overdue bills, and deadbeat exes who expected her to take care of their new mama's baby.

There was a particularly robust kick at this last thought, and she gripped her belly tighter to reassure her charges. "Don't worry. I'm not going to abandon you. I'm going to be there for you whenever you need me. I promise."

"And so will I." he said, leaning down to kiss her neck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 45.8K 63
Isha singh Raizadha is a girl from one of the renowned business families of Rajasthan. She completed her masters in business administration. She is...
834K 39.6K 26
1950s. ***Story contains mature scenes and Hindi phrases which are not translated in english*** Abhigyan Singh, a Sarpanch of the village named 'Tara...
1.5M 82.2K 82
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
1M 66.7K 33
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...