1996 | Y.Jw

By ClumsyPotatoes

When six teens escape their prison of a lab, their world, and the world of the ones they meet, is turned upsi... More

Preface
| 1 |
| 2 |
| 3 |
| 4 |
| 5 |
| 6 |
| 7 |
| 8 |
| 9 |
| 10 |
| 11 |
| 12 |
| 13 |
| 14 |
| 15 |
| 16 |
| 17 |
| 19 |
| 20 |
| 21 |
| 22 |
| 23 |
| 24 |
| 25 |
| 26 |
| 27 |
| 28 |
| 29 |
| 30 |
| 31 |
| 32 |
| 33 |
| 34 |
| 35 |
| 36 |
| 37 |
| 38 |
| 39 |
| 40 |
| 41 |
| 42 |
Intermission
| 2.1 |
| 2.2 |
| 2.3 |
| 2.4 |
| 2.5 |
| 2.6 |
| 2.7 |
| 2.8 |
| 2.9 |
| 2.10 |
| 2.11 |
| 2.12 |
| 2.13 |
| 2.14 |
| 2.15 |
| 2.16 |
| 2.17 |
| 2.18 |
| 2.19 |
| 2.20 |
| 2.21 |
| 2.22 |
| 2.23 |
| 2.24 |
| 2.25 |
| 2.26 |
Epilogue

| 18 |

1.6K 131 6
By ClumsyPotatoes

Sunghoon's car bumped unsteadily along the roads, with Jungwon and I on the backseat and Soomin sitting up front beside Sunghoon. I, however, were more fascinated by the shoes I had been given. I had never worn a pair myself, I only ever saw the teachers at the lab wear them.

Sunghoon had called them boots, they were supposed to cover my leg from my feet to a bit up my calf, keeping me warm in the cold winter months. Jungwon hadn't been given a pair of boots, Sunghoon said he didn't have any he could use, so he had been given a pair of trainers - the same Sunghoon himself used.

"I talked with my mom, and she is willing to let one live with us," Soomin eventually spoke up to Sunghoon, "told her it was an exchange student at school, who had trouble finding a place to live permanently for the year. She'll believe it when they begin to question all normal things."

"We can figure out who moves to you tomorrow," Sunghoon remarked and took a turn down a street - the same we had first encountered him and the three other boys on, "mom thinks they already left our house."

"I can take one already today," Soomin shook her head, "it shouldn't be a problem," she excused and glanced up in the mirror handing in the front window, looking over at Jungwon and I.

"Does any of you two want to move in with Soomin?" Sunghoon questioned as he halted the car at a red light and turned in his seat to look at Jungwon and I.

"I can do it," Jungwon spoke up after having glanced at me, "it won't be a problem to me."

"Sure you don't want to Jiyeon?" Sunghoon questioned, "you and Soomin could get some real girltime... she can tell you more about well... being a girl."

"I uhm..." I trailed off as I quickly looked to Jungwon.

"New changes coming too fast makes her anxious," Jungwon softly spoke as an excuse.

"Ah..." Sunghoon hummed as he looked back at the street, watching as the red light turned yellow and lastly green before he continued to drive the car, "will you be alright with Jungwon moving then?"

"I think so," I nodded quietly.

"Tell me if anything makes you feel anxious after he moves, alright?" Sunghoon questioned and I immediately nodded.

"Just make sure her bracelet is turned on for the majority of the time... at least at first," Jungwon pointed out.

"And how do I do that?" Sunghoon questioned with confusion hinting in his voice.

"Ask her to do literally anything. We usually just ask her to make something float or throw something small across the room," Jungwon excused, "she has a code to the bracelet, she can put it in herself, but you should know it as well. She'll tell you... uhm... is there anything else?"

"Miss Hopkins said I might get extreme headaches if it's turned on for too long," I murmured quietly, "because it gets bunched up in my head."

"Yeah, so just turn it off every once in a while when she is calm enough and not in any chance of getting nervous or such... make it easy for youself and turn it off when we are all together. We can usually help her calm down if needed," Jungwon excused.

"We've planned for all of you going to Jake's basement every second day here at first, so you can get told of things out in this world and slowly adjust to not seeing each other everyday," Sunghoon clarified as he parked the car outside a big building, with only one floor, "we're here... Jake and Heeseung should be here with the others I suppose... if you all agreed on going together."

"I see them," I quickly excused and jumped out of the car, smacking the door behind me as I rushed over to Lin - who had been standing and waiting patiently, all alone seemingly.

I immediately threw myself into her arms, getting a tight hug from her. She had been given some pleated skirt, with these black long socks underneath, I think Soomin had called them nylon tights. On top she was wearing a sweatshirt, a lot like the one Jungwon had been given, hers were just light grey, and over it she wore a jacket that looked way too big.

"Sunoo went to go get Riki and Emiko," she quietly excused and pointed in the direction of where Emiko was coming running from. She had been given a pair of pants that looked way too big for her, meanwhile she wore what looked like a black top and this checkered shirt that was way too big as well.

"You're never gonna guess what I had for breakfast," Emiko gushed as she reached us, "Heeseung called them pancakes. They were sooooo good. I'll get him to make them for you as well."

"You know, a lot of people knows what pancakes are... maybe not speak of it so loudly," Jay remarked as he wandered up to us and ruffled Emiko's hair while Heeseung followed behind him, along with Jake and Sunghoon.

"What did you do to the rest?" Heeseung frowned.

"Sunoo went to go get Riki and Emiko," Lin excused and pointed to Sunoo, who was wandering to us along with Riki.

"And I ran away from Jungwon," I excused and turned around to look for Jungwon, who looked to be sulking as he walked up to me and shoved the red backpack into my hands.

"I'll show you to the administration office," Jay decided as he waved for us to come along, "who of you were 18?"

"Just Lin and I," Sunoo spoke up and Jay immediately nodded.

"You'll have to appear as 12th graders. We call them seniors. The rest of us are seniors as well. Soomin, Millie, Jake, Heeseung, Sunghoon and I," Jay clarified and Sunoo immediately nodded, "The rest of you are younger right?"

"17 and 16," Emiko nodded as confirmation.

"The ones of you that are 17 will be 11th graders, you qualify as juniors... and the ones of you that are 16, are 10th graders and sophomore students," Jay explained and the others quickly nodded.

"Why do they have different names?" I frowned in confusion.

"I don't think there's a good reason," Jay shrugged.

"What do you do after grade 12?" Lin frowned as well.

"Most people go to college or start working," Jay remarked and pointed to Jungwon's sweatshirt, "Soomin's older sibling went there," he remarked and everyone else looked at Jungwon's sweatshirt, "read philosophy."

The insides of the building looked a lot like how we had been shown in the educational videos at the lab. Students rushing everywhere, grey lockers lining the hallways, a tiled floor exchanging between grey and black tiles, I suppose the grey tiles once had been white by the look of their uneven coloring.

"The administrations office is in here. They'll give you their schedules and show you to the classrooms... Jake mentioned you about doing your magic when it came to this part," Jay waved it off and we immediately nodded, "alright... I'll be going to class then..."

Hesitantly Jay left us out on the hallway before Sunoo calmly opened the door to the administration office, making a woman look at us with a funny look on her face.

"May I help you?" she questioned.

"We're new students. We're here to pick up our schedules," Sunoo excused and the woman immediately frowned.

"We have no new students registered," she commented.

"Yeah you do," Sunoo nodded and looked towards Jungwon, who just shrugged while the woman looked at the screen in front of her, tapping away at a rectangular square with letters and numbers on it.

"Ah, right... six new students?" she questioned and Sunoo immediately nodded, "William Kim, Liv Zhu, Niki Nishimura, Emmie Hakamoto, Johnny Yang and Jillian Choi?" she questioned and we all nodded at her, "alright... I have three different schedules for you. If you'll all follow me."

The woman quickly picked up three different pieces of paper and wandered past us out on the hallway once again as a loud clock began ringing. Beside me Lin jumped a bit and looked to me with widened eyes.

"Heeseung said it signals when classes start and end," Emi excused quietly to us as we followed the woman down the hallway.

"I see that William and Lily will be in one of our 12th grade classes," the woman spoke up and Lin immediately snapped her head over to her, "your classrooms is located at the far end, so we'll be showing Johnny and Jillian to their classrooms first, alright?"

Jungwon immediately turned to me with a wide smile before happily grabbing onto my sleeve and excitedly tugging on it.

"What?" I chuckled quietly as he began smiling.

"We'll be going to normal school now," he whispered, "we're normal kids."

"So?" I murmured in amusement, not fully understanding his excitement.

"This is what we've dreamed about, Jiyeon... don't you see?" he whispered excitedly, "this is what we wanted."

I only smiled in return and let the woman show us to our classroom. The classroom was much bigger and with much more children in it than I had ever considered possible. Jungwon had held my hand tightly when we had been left at the class - knowing how nervous many people made me. We had been forced to introduce ourselves to the class, where I almost had forgotten the English name I had been given, had Jungwon not been quick enough and nudge my shoulder to make me remember.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

949K 16.3K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
7K 847 200
One day, a mysterious tower suddenly appeared in the city. The people decided to call it a dungeon, and while it was full of rugged terrain and dange...
19.2K 921 35
๏ธ‘serendipity. /หŒsษ›r(ษ™)nหˆdษชpษชti/ noun finding an occurrence or something beautiful on accident. ๏ธ’โšฌโˆ™๏ธ“ยทโ „- "" Yoo Moonri, a normal teenage girl, yet with...