Campfire Awards 2.0 [COMPLETE]

By Amethyst_Alveres

Welcome to the second edition of Campfire Awards 2.0! I hope you enjoy this award and remember that the award... More

Introduction
Rules
Prizes
Forms
Judging Criteria
Genres
Announcement Chapter
Tag Fest
Tag Fest Winner!
Timeline
Young Adult
Young Adult Results
Fantasy
Fantasy Results
Short Story
Short Story Results
Historical Fiction
Chicklit
Chicklit Results
Werewolf
Werewolf Results
Humor
Humor Results
Vampire
Vampire Results

Historical Fiction Results

102 10 22
By Amethyst_Alveres

Woohoo! The first result out of....seven? category is out! Thank you to the judges of Historical Fiction, writergirl81 and maxie_sue, for submitting the results before the scheduled date.

This award will only consists of three winners and before I announce the winners, I want to plug in a few things. HAHAHHAA. Ofcourse, it's also about the award.

I'm sure some of you guys have seen the same announcement for the last...5 days? There are still slots available for a couple of categories. If interested, please fill up the forms!

Here are the available slots:

Werewolf (2 slots left)

Vampire (3 slots left)

Chicklit (4 slots left)

Humor (7 slots left)

Now, here are the winners!

           3rd place!

Book: Saving Satyavan

Author: romance_lover16

Book Cover and title: [9/10]

It is a beautiful cover! I love the font and aesthetic it gives off. However, the author's name and other details are very small...It makes the cover feel almost empty. I would suggest making the author's name bigger.

Blurb: [10/10] Blurb is great! It definitely piques a reader's interest. If I read this while scrolling, I would definitely check the story out.

Plot Development: [14/15]

Good plot development! This story is based on a Hindu Legend, and that is something I have absolutely no knowledge of. However, I was quickly able to grasp the story plot, and even without having any knowledge of Hindu gods and other practices, I was able to clearly follow along with the story! The plot has a great pace without overwhelming the reader or boring them.

Character Development: [10/10]

You get to know the characters and their personalities right away, and I think you can really feel the care and love that Savitri (the female lead) must have for Satyavan (the male lead)! I also love the connections she has with her parents-in-law, and their care for her is apparent.

Grammar and punctuation: [5/5]

Grammar and punctuation seemed great! I didn't notice anything :)

Overall Enjoyment: [18/20]

I think this story is super interesting! I have never read a story like this before. I didn't get as into it as some stories I have read, but I still think it was fantastic! I love when people rewrite old stories. The description was great!

Total score: [66/70]

2nd place!

Book: The Girl Who Was Afraid

Author: LucyAnnWrites

Book Cover and title: [10/10]

It is beautiful, and the aesthetic gives a nice feel. The way the title was incorporated and the fonts were a nice touch, and it was pleasing to look at as well as eye-catching! (This is coming from an artist's perspective).

Blurb: [8/10]

The blurb isn't as gripping as it could be. It is also a bit confusing in some ways. It seems a bit more like a story outline rather than a hook to get someone to read the story. However, I think it provides a good amount of information so that the reader will know what they are walking into, and there is a bit of a hook at the end.

Plot Development: [14/15]

The moment you open the book, you are drawn in! It is very detailed, but not in a flamboyant or fluffy way that takes away from the story. I only give it a 14/15 because there are not many chapters out yet, but I am very excited to see where this goes! I think that there is a fantastic basis for this story and the plot.

Character Development: [10/10]

The author does a fantastic job of revealing information without it being awkward, and you instantly get to know the characters and their personalities. The author leaves a little note at the end that the character has OCD because she wants to bring awareness, but before even seeing the note, I could see that there was something more going on. I hope Cerise gets the help she needs!

Grammar and punctuation: [5/5]

I didn't spot any grammatical or punctuation errors!

Overall Enjoyment: [20/20]

I am absolutely in love with the story! It is so interesting, and the writing is fantastic. The description is incredible and very well written. The plot itself is extremely interesting. I also love that the character has OCD, and the writer is bringing attention to this! It is very realistic and an extremely enjoyable read! I cannot wait to read more.

Total score: [67/70]

1st place!

Book: A Court of Bones and Smoke

Author: dreaminginreverie

Book Cover and title: [10/10]

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful! I love it! Looks like it was professionally done!

Blurb: [10/10]

Oh my goodness, I would have picked up this book so quick! The blurb is great and definitely makes it super interesting! It is also great that she added that there was more in this series because that would definitely draw in a reader like me who loves when the story continues.

Plot Development: [15/15]

So...I love this! The plot was out of the park within the first chapter. I already knew I was going to like it because the character was sarcastic and talking about how she was going to make her new "husband's" life hard and she wouldn't be a nice little wife who sat idly by, and then it switches pov, and he is talking about how he pretty much wants exactly what she already plans to do! He doesn't want a "quiet, obedient, boring" wife. Not to mention, you can already imagine the court drama that will progress through the story, and I already have a feeling there will be some underlying conspiracies going on.

Character Development: [10/10]

I love the snarkiness of the female lead, and even though it does have the sort of cliche "I'm not like the other girls" feel at the beginning, it is more of a natural reaction and rather relatable. I think the character personalities are also very fun, and you have a good idea of what the characters will be like right away, but there are more layers to them! I love the male lead. Seriously. Love him.

Grammar and punctuation: [5/5]

No mistakes that I noticed!

Overall Enjoyment: [20/20]

Sorry, not sorry, I absolutely LOVE the forced marriage trope! And having Fae in a story is so fun! I love fantasy as well as historical, and on top of this, it's a romance? I kinda fell in love instantly. The description was FANTASTIC! I will definitely read this story as well as the rest of the series.

Total score: [70/70]

I didn't expect for that to happen...but seriously, it kinda deserves it.

Participants, if you did not see your name here, please pm me to get your result. Thank you and have a nice day, everyone!

Congratulations to the winners!

Here is the sticker for the participants and judges. Judges, please pm me one book that you would like me to read😊

Sticker for the participants

Sticker for the judges

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96K 1.3K 48
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐟𝐒𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 π›πšπœπ€ 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐨𝐨π₯ , π€πšπ₯𝐒𝐲𝐚𝐑 𝐒𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐒𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐑 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐑𝐒π₯𝐞 𝐬𝐑𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐑...
11.6K 249 32
When Sophie keeps getting flashes of memories and notes from The Black Swan, she can't decide if she should leave her friends and family forever, or...
291K 20.5K 153
TΓ‘c phαΊ©m: ToΓ n thαΊΏ giα»›i đều Δ‘ang đợi người Δ‘α»™ng tΓ’m. TΓ‘c giαΊ£: Tα»‘ TΓ’y Người gΓ΅: Mia của bαΊ‘n nΓ¨ Beta: Hoa Hoa của bαΊ‘n Δ‘Γ’y Ý lΓ  truyện nΓ y gΓ΅ nhanh quΓ‘...
206K 4.8K 54
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc