Dangerous Love (Volturi Kings...

By Amera_Goldspin

Madeline Swan's life was average. Friends, High-school, and the typical party here and there. But when her co... More

The Beginning
Vampire Rollercoaster
Hidden Truths
Reunited
Sushi Night
The Gaurd
Late Nights
Partners in Crime
Mission Completed
A Regular Monday
Alec Knows Best
Coffee in Seattle
The Meeting
Blue
First Date
Nature Walk
Confrontation
Apologies
Tendencies
Arrangement
My Treasure๏ฟผ
Red Skies and Black Mountains
Remembrance
Sisterly Bonds
Loose Ties
Vampire on Ice
A Thousand Stars
Homer's Star Brad Pitt
Attachment
Countdown
Leech
Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Woods
Pain
Divulgence
Heading Nowhere
Wager
Dangerous Deceptions

Angel

4.1K 125 17
By Amera_Goldspin

 I wasn't able to see who came due to Embry's position. The voice was familiar, but I struggled to identify who it was.

"There's nothing here to concern yourself," Embry spoke tensely.

"Pinning a frightened lady against a tree is of concern. You have to the count to three to step back." The man said firmly.

Embry turns to face the man giving me a chance to see him. He had brown trimmed hair and tan skin. He wore hunting attire allowing him to blend in with the scenery. The only thing that stood out was his rifle directly aimed at Embry.

"She's fine. I wouldn't hurt her." Embry said, clenching his fist.

"I think I would like to hear it from her." He replied with an unyielding tone.

I looked over between Embry and the man. Embry's mood has completely switched on me. He raised his hand slightly, giving the man a relaxed smile. Embry's sudden change in demeanor put me on edge, and I doubt it wasn't swaying the guy one bit.

Our screaming match must have caught his attention to investigating the source. Unfortunately, what made it worse was the man finding me pinned to a tree by Embry. He clearly felt he knew what was happening and had no intention of leaving me alone with Embry.

I catch the man's eyes. His gaze held reassurance causing my stomach to churn. I wanted to leave Embry, get as far away from him. Although, that could put the man in a risky situation.

He was already in a risky situation.

I start walking toward him, but a hand harshly grabs my forearm. "Let. Go." I say slowly.

"No, I-"

Suddenly a deafening noise rings my ears as my body suddenly collides with something. I opened my eyes to see splotchy dots scattered in my vision. Something threw me against a tree a few feet from my original position. My body screams at me as I slowly sit up.

With my vision adjusting, I jolt back into a tree from the sight. Embry was shaking, clenching his teeth so hard that the veins in his neck looked like they would pop. Then, suddenly, Embry lurches, turning into a giant wolf.

This wolf looked to be over five feet with a wide frame. The wolf had grayish tone fur that seemed spiked up. Shredded clothes are laid at its paws as it lets out a growl snapping its mouth.

This was Embry.

He crouched down, snarling at the man. Timed slow as I watched Embry leap on the man as a sound of another round going off. I let out a brutal scream, shakily forcing myself off the ground. But Embry wouldn't stop.

The man manages to roll away, only to have Embry lunge at him again. This time, using his massive claws to pin the hunter down, the hunter barely ducks out of the way but not before getting slashed by one of Embry's paws. The hunter stumbled back, dazed. He falls back and hits the base of a nearby tree causing his rifle to go off.

The deafening noise echoed. Embry recoiled slightly, letting out a pained snarl. I couldn't tell where the bullet landed due to Embry's course fur. He let out another growl and approached the cornered man.

There was nowhere for him to go.

In an animalistic fury, Embry opens his gaping jaw and clamps down on the hunter's knee. The bone splintered like twigs in Embry's maw, and a dark crimson pool drained on the forest bed below.

In Embry's eyes, you could see that he knew what he did. The rage and anger drained and gave way to fear. But, even in that monster was still just a young man who mauled someone.

A flash of dark brown tumbled into Embry, slamming him down. I watched as they snared at each other, snapping. The sound of a gurgled scream shifts my focus on the man.

I run to him quickly, looking over his body. His jacket was torn, showing three long gashes had been dug from his shoulder down to his stomach. The bright pink flesh bled profusely with no signs of stopping. I look down to see his mangled leg, which seemed to be held together by mere tendons. The man's face was growing paler and paler by the second. A light trail of blood began leaking from the corner of his mouth.

He was running out of time.

"C-can you stand?" I ask, bending down.

We wouldn't be able to make it to the doctors, but Carlisle could help. One of the Cullens had to be there.

"Come on, you have to move!" I yell desperately, grabbing ahold of his arms.

I don't know how conscious he still was, but he didn't do much to help. Finally, I grabbed under his arms and started to drag him. My muscles were burning, but I knew our only chance was across the border. I had to hurry if there was a chance left.

Even without attempting to lift him, the weight of dragging his body was almost too much. His leg drained a steady crimson stream towards the viscous lake where the attack occurred. Every push, every inch was a battle as we neared the border. The hunter limply shook his head, showing some life barely there.

"CARLISE, ROSALIE!" I scream. As we finally pass the tree.

"EMMETT, HELP ME. I NEED HELP." I scream out.

"I can't. I can't," He mumbles out.

My body refuses to pull anymore, so I quickly lay him flat on the ground. I hastily take off my brown jacket to press on the wounds. The warm flesh gave way more than it should. I glance at the man looking for any reaction. The only indication I received was glazed pupils that vaguely followed my movement.

"Just hold on for me, okay," I said shakily.

"HELP!" I scream out louder, ignoring the burning in my throat.

"Luke," the man gurgles from a mouthful of blood.

I look down at the man, a resemblance clicking. "Are you Mr. Jacobsen?" I asked

He shakily nods his head at me. "Luke, I'm sorry-." his voice weakly trails off as his pale face freezes, only highlighted by the bright red trail streaming down his chin, pooling over the bloody leather jacket that wrapped him.

" No. No, your gonna be okay. Just hold on, okay," I said. Mr.Jacobsen won't die. He'll be fine. He's gonna be okay. I'll fix it.

"Madi, are you hurt," Edwards's voice broke out. He stood a few feet away from me, staring at the scene.

"Change him, please just change him." Shakily say, wiping my cheek.

Edward didn't budge from my request. He only stayed still, his eyes fixated on Mr.Jacobsen's dying form.

"Edward ch- "

"No." He said, voice voided of emotions.

My heart dropped from the answer. I glance down at Jacobsen, noticing his movements are becoming slower. This was his only chance.

"Why? Save him now!" I demanded.

His life shouldn't end so shortly because of me. He could become a vampire. I could give him a new life, or at least an option to choose death.

"It's too risky, the treaty-"

" I don't care. I said do it now!" I yelled.

I wasn't going to let him die. Jacobsen didn't do anything. He was only trying to ensure I was safe. He was innocent. I can't let him die because of me; I refuse to.

"I'm sorry," Edward said stiffly before disappearing.

"Come back right now!" I yelled.

No, this can't be happening.

"Edward!"

I can't let this happen.

"Rosalie!"

I feel Jacobsen tap my hand "Luke."

"Shhh, it's okay," I say shakily, crawling towards his head to place it in my lap.

His head shakes against my lap as his ragged gasp turns into choking gurgles. I grab one of his hands, rubbing small circles on its back.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," I cry out.

"Luke," he gurgles, blood spilling from his mouth.

"He'll be okay. Luke will be okay," I whisper, staring into his eyes.

Mr.Jacobsen looks up, his every breath becoming slower than the last. His shakes seized as he took his last breath.

"Luke is gonna be okay." I reaffirmed, giving his limp hand a squeeze.

Jacobsen's eyes became dull with a milky haze. There were no more shakes. No more gurgles. The constant blood spewing out finally seized.

Mr. Jacobsen was dead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.4K 3.3K 23
After accepting her new life in Italy, Althea must come to terms with the fact that her human life is almost over. Being the Queen of the vampire rac...
515K 13.2K 68
Isadora-Lily Cullen was a troubled girl. She was saved at the age of 6 from her abusive parents by Carlisle Cullen and his family. From then on she w...
74.7K 1.3K 49
๐™ˆ๐™–๐™™๐™ž๐™ก๐™ฎ๐™ฃ ๐˜พ๐™ค๐™ก๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™จ, ๐™—๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฃ ๐™…๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š 17.1549. She had a hard life but she survived everything that had happened, but when she gets a pho...
74.9K 1.6K 18
Rowen is the elder more methodical and calculating half sister of Isabella swan. While Bella was whisked away to live with her mom Reneรฉ. Rowen staye...