[BOOK 2]The Ceo's Loser Wife:...

By yawnzz04

He stood there, soaking wet in the pouring rain, earnestly looking at her. He gazed at her, as if she was his... More

Chapter 204
Chapter 205
Chapter 206 Metamorphosis Part 2
Chapter 207
Chapter 208
Chapter 209 My Dark Sordid Past Part 1
Chapter 210 My Dark Sordid Past Part 2
Chapter 211
Chapter 212 Love Triangles And Love Squares Part2
Chapter 213
Chapter 214
Chapter 215
Chapter 216
C218- This Is All Your Fault Part1
Chapter 219
Chapter 220
C221 - Papa And Mama Love You Little Darling Part1
Chapter 222
Chapter 223
Chapter 224 The Wife Vs The Mom Part1
Chapter 225
Chapter 226 - The wife vs The mom Part3
Chapter 227
Chapter 228
Chapter 229 Heir of the first gate Part1
Heir of the first gate Part2
Chapter 231
Chapter 232
Chapter 233- My cute glutton Part1
Chapter 234 My cute glutton Part2
Chapter 235 My cute glutton Part3
Chapter 236 My cute glutton Part4
Chapter 237 King of the world Part1
Chapter 238 King of the world Part2
Chapter 239 You traitor Part1
Chapter 240 You traitor Part2
Chapter 241 Part 3
Chapter 242
I am his fiance Part2
Chapter 244 The difference between diamond and trash! Part1
The difference between diamond and trash! Part2
Chapter 246
Chapter 247 This conclave is over
Chapter 248 Last Supper
Chapter 249 He is right outside
Chapter 250 Summon the army
Chapter 251 This world is doomed...
Chapter 252 The baby?
Chapter 253 The end is just another beginning

Chapter 217

1.5K 45 2
By yawnzz04

C217 - Love Triangles And Love Squares Part7

After their disastrous evening outing, Runyan and Mignani ended up having a fun low-key girls night out.

This is was the first time Runyan was visiting Mignani's villa and she was utterly amazed.

"He He. Why are you so shocked Yan Yan? Once upon a time, I was also a bright star with several accolades!" Mignani chuckled.

She excitedly pulled Runyan to the huge glass case in the living room, and showed all her trophies.

"Waah! So many!" Runyan patiently looked at every single trophy and cheered for her friend.

She couldn't help but notice that all the awards and accolades had stopped three years back.

She was surprised since Mignani's major scandal about her having a bald spot in her head only broke out two years ago.

She had always assumed that Mignani's popularity had dropped drastically because of that scandal, forcing her to drop from a goddess in everyone's heart to just another normal woman.

Actresses were also normal women but fans always put them up on a pedestal and held them as goddesses in their hearts.

And it was important for an actress to maintain this goddess status and keep persevering on that tall pedestal.

Otherwise, just like Mignani their status would also plummet, even in the span of a single night.

So Runyan was visibly surprised when she noticed Mignani's career deteriorating way before that.

"Min'er, did something happen three years ago?" She concernedly looked at Mignani and enquired.

Partly because she wanted to share her friend's pain, but also because they needed to know what they were up against, since they were trying to boost Mignani's career again.

"Mmm… Something did happen." Mignani's excited smile immediately disappeared and was replaced with a frown.

"It's okay, Min'er. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Runyan decided to not pry into her friend's painful memories.

But Mignani shook her head and smiled. "It's okay. It's already old news at this point. Do you know the Lan family?"

Runyan nodded. They were one of the prominent families in the city and she was familiar with them.

"My ex-manager and my traitorous best friend, Lang Miha, using her well-honed social skills, finally hooked on to a scum from the Lan family that year."

"I always knew that she had this dark side to her, wanting to climb up in social status by hugging a golden thigh, but who didn't?"

"So I ignored it and didn't mind it quite so much."

"But the snake which was circling around her. Suddenly, turned it's head and started targeting me."

"This was the same guy who tried to drug me in front of you and Su Lin, when we went to that awards ceremony."

"I really don't understand how can someone who is as cold and calculative as Lang Miha, fail to see how disgusting that toad was."

"While he was bedding her privately, he was trying to hit on me publicly."

"I ignored his advances, and even rudely refused them, but the disgusting man kept pushing. I believe this was when our friendship strained and Lang Miha started looking at me as her enemy."

"I am not sure if they colluded together, but Lan Yishen stopped courting me in public and started harassing me in private."

"He would be there in every event I attended and always behaved inappropriately with me. At one point, I couldn't take it anymore and slapped him in public."

"Heh. And lo and behold! Right after that point, all my acting and modeling jobs started disappearing as well."

"That toad even dared to threaten me in person saying I would never go back to being a legitimate actress if I don't become his mistress."

"He wanted to ruin me until I was forced to act in B grade movies just for the sake of money, and then he wanted me to come running into his arms."

"Dumbass didn't even realize that even though I was no longer getting new jobs, I already have more than enough money and I have been consistently making good investments."

"So they might have forced me into oblivion, but I will never become someone else's plaything! Hmph." Mignani angrily banged the beer bottle on her table with a loud thud.

Runyan hugged her and patted her. "Don't worry, Min'er. All of that is going to change tomorrow."

She also felt sad about her friend's situation. Excessive beauty always attracted flies and dung beetles.

The two ladies chatted for a while, and the mood improved a lot when their food arrived.

"Huh?? Didn't we order from he plaza?? How come we have food delivery from the Netherdragon eatery??" Mignani checked the delivered food and asked in confusion.

"But Netherdragon eatery doesn't deliver? Even for their most VIP customers? Who could make them submit and send out a delivery?"

Runyan was confused as well. But she suddenly thought of someone and quickly messaged that certain someone.

Meanwhile…

Monkey and Squirrel were enjoying their dinner with Panther, Rabbit and Koala.

Since Luther was still cultivating like a maniac without any break and Su Lin was equally working hard in the research lab, they both didn't join this dinner gathering.

The brothers were all intently discussing their new martial art techniques they had received from Su Lin.

Each and every one of them were amazed at the power and strength of the technique and were diligently cultivating them.

But they still had some small doubts and bottlenecks and had still not managed to master it or even learn it completely.

So they decided to meet for a bit tonight and discuss important cultivation related matters, when suddenly Squirrel's phone chimed.

Nobody cared about it and Rabbit continued talking about how he was currently progressing in "lightness in heaviness" concept, until Monkey loudly cleared his throat.

How could he have not noticed the small action of Squirrel checking his phone, even in the midst of Rabbit's ramblings and his lips slightly curling upwards in content??

"Cough. Cough. Who is texting you third brother? Especially, at this time of the night?"

Rabbit was irritated that the damned Monkey was interrupting this meeting again, but everyone had seen Squirrel secretly smiling like a school girl and now they were all curious to know what is happening.

"Ah… ummm. Nothing nothing. Just a random text. Second brother, please continue with your insights on 'lightness in heaviness.'"

Squirrel shoved his phone into his pocket and tried to act as if nothing had happened.

But Monkey had already caught him red-handed and was not willing to let this matter slip.

He silently got up to drink some water and when sitting back, he changed his position next to Squirrel.

And before Squirrel could react, the nosey bastard had successfully lifted the phone from Squirrel's pocket.

"Brother. Give it back now!" Squirrel was furious. Since he was embarrassed at everyone's questioning, he was caught off guard and ended up getting bested by Monkey.

"Ha Ha Ha." Monkey heartlessly laughed at the sight of his calm and composed brother jumping up and down in fury, and tossed the phone to Rabbit, as Squirrel was wrestling with him.

Rabbit sighed and gave up. It was clear that everyone was now focussed on this important text message and he might as well see this through the end.

While Monkey was holding Squirrel back, he opened Squirrel's phone and quickly took a look at the all important text message.

[Third brother, did you order food for us?]

[Yes. I hope you and your friend can still have an enjoyable evening.]

[Thank you, third brother.]

Just three short and to the point exchanges!

Rabbit scratched his head and failed to understand what was going on.

He then tossed the phone to others, and just like him, they were also confused.

But something was definitely going on!

Monkey was grinning like a lunatic and Squirrel's face was tomato red. So something had to be going on!

"Monkey, will you stop this??" Squirrel shouted with exasperation. He silently vowed to thrash this brother of his, when their sparring training officially started.

Monkey shamelessly ignored him and continued educating the others. "Why are you all so thick?? Can't you see how our hero is treating our junior sister?"

"Huh? He just ordered food though?"

"Aren't you always eating from his pockets? Doesn't that mean you are more special than our junior sister?" Rabbit shrugged.

"You are over reacting." Panther chuckled and tossed Squirrel his phone back.

"Definitely. Last week Squirrel ordered me some food too." Even koala nodded in agreement.

Monkey sighed. "It's fine. You guys will only come abroad this ship, when their wedding invitation arrives! You thick idiots!"

Ignoring the childish guy, everyone settled down, focussing back on their meeting.

They all had actually understood what was happening, but they simply didn't want to give Monkey the satisfaction of teasing Squirrel. So they unequivocally sided with Squirrel.

They each had already privately messaged Squirrel their congratulations.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.9K 2.8K 37
Yin Lanying ended her own life in front of whom she used to love, now hating him and her half-twin sisters for executing her eldest sister and adopti...
441K 24.4K 166
Featured at Wattpad's Editor Picks list. Luna, an overworked Engineer, had an unfortunate end. Her spirit, feeling wronged, fights Death for a second...
277K 8.1K 150
Part IV. Author(s) Tong Nieer,童涅儿 For more than a decade, she disguised herself as a weakling while preyed on the strong - Qiao Qing had never viewed...
541K 17.6K 157
Genre: Space, Doting, Farming, Time travel, Healing Synopsis: Xu Linyue from the 21st century crossing over with the heavenly space soul penetration...