Forgive & Forget (Edited)

By Melanin_Baddii

This is book is still being updated with bonus chapters!! The Kingsley family is the most powerful family in... More

Disclaimer
Covers
Characters & Aesthetics
Tattoos
Piercings
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
A/N
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
A/N
A/N
Chapter 18
A/N
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
URGENT
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
A/N
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Bonus Chapter 1

Chapter 37

431 17 1
By Melanin_Baddii

Cameron's POV

The beeping of the heart monitor is the only thing keeping me reassured that she's alive. As annoying as it is, it's also comforting. I look down at my girlfriend who's laying down on her hospital bed in the same state she's been in for almost 2 weeks. When they found Cory, they were horrified. She was beaten and bruised so badly. You could practically feel her pain just by looking at her injuries. Her family rushed her to the nearest hospital to get her treatment and once she was stable enough, they moved her to their family hospital closer to their home. I still remember when I first saw her here.

*Flashback*

As soon as my dad pulls up to the hospital, I open the car door to get out and push it closed before running into the hospital. I rush up to the front desk and tell the lady who I'm looking for. She points me in the right direction and I waste no time in getting to the right room. It takes a couple minutes to find it, but when I do, my heart breaks. I look through the wide glass window to see my girlfriend laying in a hospital with a tube down her throat and cuts and bruises decorating her still beautiful face. Beside her are her parents. Her mother is holding her hand with her head leaning on their intertwined hands, tears dropping from her eyes. Her father is sitting in the chair next to her mother, his arms on his legs and his head in his hands.

I walk up to the door and it clicks as I open it. Both Annika and Nickolai look up at me, but my eyes are only on Cory. She looks so pale and lifeless laying there. Her hair is spread out on the pillow, her eyes are closed, and her arms are laying out on the thin "blanket."

"Oh, Darling." Annika says as tears begin streaming down my face. She gets out of her seat and walks over to me, pulling me into a hug as I sob uncontrollably.

*Flashback Over*

I'm pulled out of my thoughts at the erratic beeping of the heart monitor. Panicking, I rush out of my seat and throw the door open to yell for a nurse. A couple of nurses and a doctor run into the room. One nurse stays back to prevent me from running into the room. I don't try to. As much as I want to know what's going on, I know I need to stay back and let the doctors do their job.

I move to the waiting room and call Annika to inform her of what's happening. She, Nickolai, and the boys arrive in no time. We've been sitting in the waiting area for about an hour when a doctor comes out and asks for the family of Cory Kingsley. We all stand, eager to hear what news she has for us.

"As you all know, Cory's injuries are severe, so we had to put her into a coma so her body could heal properly. We noticed a small problem that wasn't very worrisome, but we monitored it in case it became a worry. " She says. She continues to explain what happened and ended her explanation by saying that she's stable and we can now go back in. 

We walk back into the room and I take the seat I had before. I lean my forehead onto my girlfriend's shoulder, just wishing she would wake up already. I don't know how much more I can take without her.

__________________
1 month Time-skip

Cory's POV

Darkness is the only thing I can see. I can't get up, move my fingers and toes, or open my eyes. At first, it scared me, but it became better once she arrived. Having her beside me made it bearable. Hearing her voice, feeling her touch, feeling her lips on my head. It made everything better.

I never knew what a coma felt like and I never wanted to know. Now I know that it's not a good feeling. Not being able to move around or speak, only being able to lay down and stay like that for who knows how long. I've been like this for days, possibly weeks. I try to open my eyes every so often, but I'm never able to do it. I know better than to give up though.

I decide to try and open my eyes again even though I know I'll probably have little success. I try a couple of times but nothing happens. When I try again, I can feel my eyes flutter a bit. I hear someone move from beside me and open the door. I hear that person call for a doctor. I don't know exactly what happens next, but all I can hear is someone saying,

"Cory, if you can hear me, flutter your eyes." I try to open my eyes and they flutter again. I hear a lot of movement and voices, but I keep focusing on trying to open my eyes. When they do eventually open, they immediately close again due to a bright light being flashed in my eyes. "Honey, I'm gonna need you to open your eyes for just one second. I need to check your pupils to make sure you're ok. Once I do that to your other eye, the bright light will be gone ok? Just one more time." The doctor says softly. I listen to her and open my eyes only to close them 2 seconds later again. "Alright, that's it hon. No more bright light. Can you open your eyes for me?" I do as she says and just like her word, there's no more bright light.

The nurses help me sit up and she fluffs up my pillow for me so I can sit up comfortably. They check my vitals and make sure that everything is ok before leaving the room and allowing someone in, my mother. She looks at me with tears in her eyes and runs over to me, hugging me gently.

"...Hi mama." I say quietly. She tightens her hug, but not by much. When she pulls away, she fills me in on everything that's happened the past few months, how Cameron would come and visit everyday, not wanting to leave my side. I look over to my phone and tap the screen. I see that it's 1:45 on a Friday, so Cami and the group are still at school.

"Mom." I say.

"Yes darling?"

"I don't want Cameron to come here."

"Why?"

"I want to surprise her now that I'm awake. I was going to give her a promise ring before all of this happened, and I think now is the right time. Well... not right right now, but you know what I mean."

"That is a beautiful idea. What did you want to do?"

"I don't want to take her anywhere really because I know she won't want to. So maybe just in the backyard. It's big and beautiful with the lake and the trees, and afterwards we can go right to my room to cuddle and eat and watch movies." I say as my mother listens to my every word, ready to aid me however I need her to. The more we talk about Cami's surprise, the more I can't wait to get out of this hospital.

After talking for a while more, there's a knock on the door. Mama tells the person to enter and the same doctor from before and a couple of nurses walk in. The nurses begin to check my vitals and remove the IV needle from my hand while the doctor speaks."Hello Cory. How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling fine, thank you."

"That's good. Since you've been in a coma, your body has been able to heal itself very quickly and very well. Because of this and because your vitals are good, you are free to go home. The only thing we ask is that you take it easy for a while. No sports, running around, or crazy activities for at least the next two weeks. And even after that, ease into it. Go slow. If you feel any nausea, very bad headaches, or you feel like passing out, tell someone immediately. If this does happen we advise that you come here so we can check how everything is going. Other than that, have an amazing day." She says with a smile before walking out with the nurses following her.

"Well, here are some clothes from the car, I'll step out so you can change." She says before she leaves too. I waste no time getting dressed, but I still make sure to be careful.  Once I'm dressed and I have everything, I leave the room. Mama, who was standing right outside the door, grabs my free hand and walks me to the front desk to sign me out.

Walking out of the hospital is amazing. Feeling the warm sun on my face, being able to walk and see. And being able to surprise the love of my life.

_________________

Small Timeskip

When we get home, I'm bombarded with hugs from my father and brothers. Mama makes me a small meal to eat since I'm not that hungry. We eat as a family with smiles on our faces and laughs around the table while my brothers bicker. When I finish my food, I rush upstairs and into the shower. When I get out, I walk to my closet and pull out some comfy clothes. I put on a pair of white sweatpants, a black cropped tank top, and white sneakers. Once I'm dressed, I open my safe and pull out the promise ring I bought for Cami a while ago. I open the box and look at the ring that'll hopefully be on her finger soon. Just a few hours more.

I'll be nice and not leave it at that.

Cameron's POV

As soon as the bell rings, I bolt out of my seat and walk out the door. I power walk to the hospital which isn't too far from the school. When I get there, I go up to the desk to sign in.

"What is your name and what are you here for?"

"My name is Cameron Antonov. I'm here to see Cory Kingsley." I state.

"I'm sorry, but Miss Kingsley is not taking visitors at the moment." What? That doesn't make sense. I've been coming here to see her everyday and they always let me.

"Is everything alright with her?" I stutter out concerned.

"She's fine. She's simply not taking any visitors today."

"Ok. Thank you." I walk out of the hospital disappointed. Seeing Cory is the highlight of my day. Being without her is torture. I don't want to be without her anymore.

I feel my phone ringing in my back pocket, indicating that someone is calling me. I see that it's Annika and answer the phone immediately. "Hello?"

"Hello Cameron. Are you busy at the moment?"

"No no, I'm free. Why?"

"I need you to come by the house now. Are you able to?"

"Yes of course. I just need a ride."

"I'll send someone to get you, just send me your location. Thank you hon." She hangs up the phone and leaves me wondering. I wonder what she has to tell me. I wait around the front of the hospital for about 7 minutes until a black Range Rover pulls up. The window rolls down and there's a man inside the car who asks me,

"Are you Miss Cameron Antonov?"

"Yes."

"Mrs. Kingsley sent me to get you. My name is Finn." He says shortly. Just to be sure I'm not getting tricked, I text Annika the driver's name and she confirms that that's the person she sent. I get in the backseat of the car and he drives off.

When we arrive at the house I get out and knock on the door. The door opens to reveal Annika. She smiles brightly at me and pulls me in the house and leads me to the backyard. I try to ask her what's going on, but she doesn't answer. When we make it to the backyard she leaves me standing there and goes back in the house. I walk up to the door and try to open it, only to find it locked.

"Seriously?"

"I thought you'd be more excited to see me." I hear a voice behind me that makes me freeze. I turn around to see my girlfriend, the love of my life.

"Cory?" I whisper, tears already falling down my face.

"What did we say about those tears Sweetheart? They should be saved, my love." She says with a small smile. I start walking to her. When I'm halfway there, my walk turns into a run. When I reach her, she leans down a little to pick me up. I wrap my legs around her waist and my arms around her neck, holding her as close to me as possible.

"Angel?" I whisper, not completely believing she's here.

"I'm here Sweetheart, I'm here." She says as she presses my head into the crook of her neck.

"I'm right here, and I am never leaving you again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And chapter 37 is done. Even though it took me a while to update. I actually wrote this chapter pretty quick. I just took my final exam last Friday, so school is technically done for me, but it's officially over on the 17th. Once summer vacation is here, I will be updating more and hopefully I'll have enough inspiration to continue "Find Me", the sequel of "Lost and Found". If you guys have any ideas for this book or for my other books, please feel free to suggest them either in the comments, or you can chat me personally.

Thank you all for reading and I hope you guys enjoyed!❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 2.9K 100
!Book one out of four! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wido...
176K 3.4K 45
Jupiter's life has always been hard from her mom taking her way from her family to her mother's boyfriend beating her almost every day. Then it all c...
175K 4.3K 53
**in which a criminal finds his interest in a young orphan and toxicity dances with possessiveness like waltz** "M-maybe if things were different." M...
86.8K 1.9K 41
UPDATE!! BOOK II: BOUND TO HIM IS NOW AVAILABLE!! NEW CHAPTER POSTED EVERY THURSDAY!!! *** It was supposed to be a simple trade off with her father b...