Drowning In The Dark (Broken...

By Seventhjoul

The story of young girl being born by the rape of her mother and struck with her 4 brothers as her mom died g... More

End of their misery
Breaking The News
Home- thats what they called it
End of Costella
A refuge.
The real talk
Your dad?
Spaghetti and TV
Voices in my head
Am I sick?
A Reality Check
Sabrina & Sebastian!?
Cufflinks or Tie?
Most Precious of them All
Stubbornness lands you in trouble.
Confrontation and Confessions
A Vanidestine
Tête-à-Tête
A Mistake
Dex and Ira
You- who love me the most.
A Truth woven in lies
'Some words should be left unspoken.'
Snooping Around
Back to the Square
Feelings
Princess's Don't cry
One Peculiar Family
An Angel
When the love knocks on dark castle gates
Office and a cup of coffee
My Fight for your love
Simply Love
My Darkest days
One grand fall
A new Era
That pure love
The meaning
If you are waiting for me.
Our Prize
The Youngest Pair
The final war
Be Alright
My Rules for my game.
If You all are here.
BROKEN HEIRS #2
ANNOUNCEMENT

Breakfast and School

42.2K 883 177
By Seventhjoul

He never came.

Dexton or any other of them for that matter never came to dinner yesterday.

She really waited for an hour at the dining table just for Dexton to come and give her the document without eating food because it would be rude for her if he hadn't eaten it.

Shaira sighed looking at her reflection in the mirror. She was ready for school but disappointed as she didn't get the paper and now, she had to wait for the whole two weeks for Dexton to come home.

She took Daniels's hoodie and wore it over. She has a weird obsession with hoodies. She would just put it out in the car when she reached the school. Till then it will protect her from the massive cold outside.

She reached the dining table and was shocked to see the eldest brother was there. Her eyes furrowed

"He didn't go."

But then she did not have courage to ask him about the trip or her papers especially in front of her other brothers. She silently sat on the farthest chair as usual, not disturbing their family time because they are damn busy otherwise. The main attraction of breakfast is taunting her. So, she silently took the bread toast and peanut butter and waited for all the taunts that would be coming any minute now.

1 toast down
.
2nd toast down
.

Why isn't anyone saying anything to her? Shaira eyes furrowed as she silently chewed her food.

She got startled as her phone rang. The caller ID showed Daniel. She had developed a habit of waking up early, but Daniel was still a cranky riser.

It was literally an hour left for her class to start but she tends to get early so she could get out of the eyes of Costella.

Before she could excuse herself to talk to him. Maximus interrupted her.

"Attend it on speaker."

"Excuse me?"

Shaira asked. Her eyes showed the dismay. It was rude to ask someone to intrude in their personal matters.

"Which word do you not understand? I want to see who is calling you."

Maximus said as he pointed a fork towards her.

Shaira always felt a sense of terror when Maximus raised his voice. Her hand trembled as she stumbled to put it on speaker.

She prayed that Daniel didn't say anything about them.

"Hey D-"

she did not even complete her greetings.

"SHAIRA ANGELINA VANEDESTINE! Did you by chance take my Manchester limited edition hoodie last time you came here." Everybody eyes snapped towards her. Her cheeks turned red from embarrassment.

"It was pretty D!" She countered.

"Yes, but It is only ten in the world Shaira. I bet you are wearing it right now. Don't spoil it please! "

Her head bend down in embarrassed. Indeed, she was wearing it. It was lime green and she loved the color.

"Do you think I spoil your clothes Daniel? " Shaira smirked as her eyes turned devil.

She loved teasing him and relish in satisfaction. At that time, she had forgotten that another people were listening to her too. Daniel can make her comfortable anytime anywhere.

"I don't mean that but you are unexpectedly clumsy. You knew that."

Daniel said quickly.

"Yeah, that's true but you really can't get another one?" Shaira said she was obsessed with this one. She looked puppy eyed towards her hoodie.

"If I could, I would have never asked you to return. The half of your closet hoodies are proof of that. Bring it back to school today, okay?" Daniel teased her.

"Okay. I can't refuse my angel brother, anyway?" Shaira said in a baby voice and then laughed.

"Love you Shacks. See you at school." Daneil said abruptly. He always gets embarrassed when she calls her angel brother.

"Love you too Daniel, See you!" She laughed thinking how his cheeks would turn red right now.

Her laughter died down when she saw all of her brothers looking at her.

Her brothers felt a sense of loss for the first time in their life. She never talked to them like that. She never laughed with them like that. There was a burning feeling in their heart when she said the boy her brother.

"Who was he?" Ezra asked. His eyes had blazing anger hidden behind those icy shades.

" He is my best friend." Shaira said curtly. She does not want them to take interest in her. She wanted to be free from them not bounded by them at all.

"Are you sleeping with him?" Maximus countered.

Her wise widen as her mood switched.  Her fist clenched. She was not a whore.

"Did you not hear me calling him my brother?" Shaira snapped at him.

Every person on the table was shocked hearing Shaira raise her voice. She rarely gets angry, but this remark was out of line.

"He is not your brother." Alkov pointed out.

"He is my only brother, Alkov."

She said as she pushed the chair and stood up.

"Ezra will pick you up from school." Dexton informed.

"No. I will be late.", Shaira said.

They never took any interest in  her activities before. Till 12-year-old, she begged them to give some attention to her like a naive kid but after that she just stopped.

Now that she doesn't want to do anything with them. They are purposely sticking their noses in her business.

"Who gave you permission?" Alkov asked.

"Do I need permission? For all I know I had no family or guardian to worry about if I did die somewhere." Shaira snapped. She didn't know from where all this courage is coming up. But her anger just boosted it.

"Shaira! Calm down." Dexton said bridging his nose.

"I can't be calm when someone told me I am a whore. Maybe I am disgusting and abomination but still not a whore." Her eyes widen with the words that flew out of her mouth.

Seeing her brothers shocked faces, she knew she had just made a mistake.

Shaira silently took her bag and left for her school without making any eye contact with them.
..........

Shaira sighed as she sat in the car. She  didn't believe that she thought that low of herself. She was a confident girl once taking in pride for all the achievements she had achieved but now she was just a girl who was surviving and rebuking herself again and again. She hated it. She swiftly rubbed the tears as they traced down her tears.

When the car reached the school. She got out and packed Daniel limited edition hoodie in a paper bag to return it to him.

"I am going to miss you! But don't worry wait a little bit I will save you." She hugged the paper bag.

" That's some love you are sporting right now to my hoodie" Daniel said as he literally snatched the paper bag from her hand.

"I could not even judge you right now because it's definitely yours first." Shaira huffed and pouted.

"I will give you another one as a compensation." Daniel said as he squished her cheeks.

"Nope. I am not a hoodie thief. One day I will become rich. Maybe richer than Dexton and buy the whole collection of it. You don't have to buy it for me." Shaira said her eyes shining.

"Give half of them to me. I deserved that." He said walking towards the school.

"Yeah sure, in your dreams." She rolled her eyes.

"By the way, did you get the signatures" Daniel asked.

"No. He wants to read it through first." Shaira sighed and tuck her head down.

Daniel sighed looking at her sad face. Shaira was strong but she still needed support from time to time.

"Let them take their time, Shaira. Don't care about it. You are not alone  Now I have to meet the coach before the class starts So I have to go now. Bye!"

"Bye." She smiled and waved at him.

Shaira was thinking about the consequences of her actions. Her mind was still stuck on the breakfast table and before she knew she bumped into someone.

"Ouch I am sor-" her words got struck in her mouth when she saw the person standing in front of her.

Shaira had never been so mesmerized by someone. A guy with icy blue eyes stood in front of her.

"Can't you watch where you are going?" He snapped.

The handsome looking face with gutter mouth. Her conscience mocked

She rolled her eyes.

"I was just going to say sorry but now I changed my mind." Shaira swiftly stand up hissing a little.

His eyes were still on her. It was almost like he was checking her for some injuries. Shaira was not in need for any other bully but  for some reason she doesn't feel scared at all.

"I never asked you to apologize to me, did I? " He mocked.

Shaira rolled her eyes.

"Sure, you did not but being responsible person, I really wanted to do it but now with your jackass personality. You are clearly not worthy of it. So goodbye Mr. foul mouth." She huffed with anger and moved away from him.

Why every handsome guy has a shit ton of arrogance in them. She thought and rolled her eyes.

.......
The school was going great until the break. Daniel had gone to his friends from his class so he would not be able to sit with her thus making her a lonely person. Shaira was never an outgoing girl even if she tried to be just so she could fit with her brothers and talk to them but that was useless. She realized it.

Sitting on the bench at the secluded training ground was the next best thing she know she could do, and she was quite enjoying it. The view and her favorite sandwiches until her bully decided to show themselves.

She swiftly packed her lunchbox again but before she could get out of there Costella yanked her with her hair.

"Did I tell you to go, Bitch?" Costella sneered at her.

Shaira does not reply anything to her.
"Girls, let's teach her today's lesson."

Costella smirked and other bitches started throwing punches on her.

Today was one hell of a day because they bruised her face pretty badly.

She covered her face with her hands.
Before another punch could land on her she was forcefully yanked in someone chest. The person put his one hand on her head and pushing him in his chest. A gesture which was welcomed by Shaira. She felt protected somehow.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" Costella said in her annoying high-pitched voice which made Shaira to flinch in the person chest.

"Shut up bitch! Your voice makes my headache worse." The said person snarled.

Shaira head snapped towards to the handsome looking guy with the foul mouth.

"If you touch her again. I swear I will give you 10 times more bruises she had, does not matter you are girls or not"
His jaw clicked with anger.

Every bitch- I mean Costella and her friends were terrified.

"Now scram." he sneered at them and every one of them left there like their tail was on fire.

Shaira sighed when she saw them leaving. She was so terrified that she did not even remember that she was still in someone arms.

"I really don't mind this position if you ask me but-" he could not even complete the sentence when Shaira moved away from him.

Her one eye was already blue but still her face tinted pink making her look like a kicked puppy.

Shaira didn't now what to say as she looked at him.

"Sebastian" the guy said.

"What?"  Shaira said confused.

"Sebastian Collins, we have met too many times to remain strangers." he said while taking her to the bench and looking at her injuries.

"We have only met one time but thanks anyways." she countered earning a laugh from the other person.

"So much of injuries and not even a single tear. My little cub is strong." Sebestian teased. He didn't know why but Shaira had picked a chord in him because genuinely of all the girls he had with him was sexy and hot but her, she was cute and shy-not his type- but very intriguing.

"Did you just call me a cub?" Shaira said with her eyes narrowed.

"Yeah, because you are as brave and as cute as a cub." Sebestian laughed at her reaction.

"You know what you are a --" Shaira said as she could not find the right words for him. Shaira had one rule in her life. She don't abuse. A person who had been abused her whole life knows how it feels to say those words to others.

"I am, what? Handsome I know that." Sebestian said his eyes shining with humor.

"You are infuriating. Thanks for helping me but I will take care of myself." Shaira said as she went to the nearby washroom to treat herself leaving him behind.

I hate this day. She thought.

Hey again guys! So here's the 3rd chapter hope you enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.2K 2.7K 80
Asher is an eleven-year-old boy. His parents do not want him. They say he is an unwanted mistake. He has three older brothers. They have moved three...
1.4M 33.4K 63
Lucy is a 16-year-old girl. She is kind and hard-working. Her mother died when she was 10 years old and left her in the care of her stepfather. He is...
43.2K 955 15
Everyone's given a life at random. We don't ask for it, we don't even get a say. We just have to suck it up and live with what we have. Some luckier...
1.8M 44K 52
Liliana has always had a bad life. Ever since she was five, her mother would date the wrong people who would corrupt her, and she was the one who alw...