Unrequited Love | [Meteor Gar...

By LavenderMinx

Two Distinct worlds One story Different paths One beginning But Same Perspective Why do you love someone who... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 8

377 16 2
By LavenderMinx

The hardest thing in life is when you know inside your heart that you still love the person but you have already run out of good reasons to fight for what you feel and what you believe in. History repeats itself.

__________________________________________________________________________

The next day at school, the principal gave the 3 days as a practice day for the upcoming culture day. As Xiang Li was watching the traditional dances of the other groups which were all inspired by ancient poems and history as the music club did the background music.

After all the performance, the ballroom went silent as they wait for her opinion. "You all did great, but one of the most important dances was not included like dancing on a river while balancing on one pole. Do you know that tradition?"

The students look at each other as one spoke, "It's way too hard for one of us, can we do another one after all it seems impossible to dance without falling.." A female student reasoned out as Xiang Li nodded. "How about underwater dancing? Who knows a person here that can breath underwater for so long? Hmm?" She suggested with her arms crossed on her chest.

One female student slowly raise her hand saying that she can try. Xiang Li look at her and spoke, "Alright, come and say beside me. And for the others, can someone record the dance underwater? We will not do it live for we don't have a pool here so we will just borrow a pool with the principal."

3 boys volunteered as Xiang Li told them come with her. "Good. That's all I need. You can all go back to practice" She stated as she left after the students bid goodbye as the 4 students she ask for, followed her.

After a few minutes, they all arrived at the swimming room as Xiang Li's Secretary readied everything. Even the clothes she was gonna wear for the dance. "I'm gonna show you the traditional dance that you're gonna do. Boys wear those suits and oxygen supply. Lena [Secretary] will give you the cameras after you wear all of it.

And after a few minutes, they started as those 3 boys went to record different angle. Xiang Li started after getting a consent from her almost healed feet. She dance this:

After a few hours of explaining everything and helping the girl name Lin to practice. School hours already finished and now Xiang Li is teaching Shancai on how to bake at Daoming Si's house.

"On Baking, you need to be patient, calm and elegant. You should know how to connect such snacks into history. Did you read the books I gave you awhile ago before the morning ceremony start? Did you read all of it?" She asked which Shancai nodded with a pursued lips.

"Remember this Shancai, baking is also hard as cooking. On this, all the ingredients must be in good measure, not too little, not too much. Based it on love, people once quoted 'One way to a man's heart is through his stomach'. You need to give your best and your love needs to be special more than the things you usually saw outside. You need to have your own recipe, proving you can give more than limits. That is love and creativity"

"Let's start"

And the baking continue with Xiang Li baking brownies after an hour and a half, showing Shancai step by step, she finished and now will start at the plating. "The fragrance smell so good..." Shancai complimented as she looked at the baked goods.

"And one more thing, plating is included, for this will test your creativity. Based your decoration through your character, like this."

Xiang Li started putting the brownies in a three step mountain manner as she put a beautiful leaf at the very top and sizzle the side with chocolate syrup and present it to Shancai. "It so simple but it looks so elegant. But do you know how I started baking brownies?"

Shancai shook her head as Xiang Li continue while looking at the brownies she made. "It was because of a boy that I remembered during my childhood"

"People always said to me, it doesn't always based on the taste, it was always based on the hard work you were put in just to make such recipe. It was a sign of on how important dish were" she explained sincerely as Shancai stared at her. 

"On every dish, you need to have a name and history for it. I called this 'Tang Ling's Blooming Love with a delicate heart'. A woman made this pastry to cheer a sad person. She baked for the first time using the money she had left just to comfort a stranger, she hurt herself but she keep going. In the end, she made this snack, as the symbolizes that she will be always with him forever. A simple pastry, but it's history is truly admirable."

"That is how culinary is, dishes and food always have a time on how they are made and history behind every taste. That's why, you need to give importance to it" Xiang Li explained as Shancai suddenly spoke her thoughts out loud. "Xiang Li, you're an admirable person. I will remember this moment"

This made Xiang Li slightly look at her with wide eyes making Shancai immediately stuttered out, "I m-mean-"

"No. It's fine" Xiang Li assured with a slight smile as she remove both of her hands off the counter, "I just wanna ask for a request. Whoever ask something about this. Can you not tell that it was me who story tell it? Whoever ask, you will know who I was talking about but please remember. Don't inform anyone that questioned you, if ever this come up. Just this once..."

Shancai stared at her and slowly nodded making Xiang Li sighed, "This is what happen if I spoke too much..." she mumbled that Shancai barely almost heard.

__________________________________________________________________________

At the Art culture day many events happened the included traditional skills and come by without any flaws which got a big compliment from viewers due to the fact that the opened up China's old tradition that some people barely do but most amazed at the underwater dancing and receive more views from others.

And as the event planner of one of the most beautiful events at the famous Mingde University, Xiang Li was interviewed by medias on how she handle such big event to produce such beautiful and perfect ideas.

"How did you put our country's long gone tradition back to life in a special way?" Ask by one of the reporters as Xiang Li answered without a flaw or a hint of nervousness. "Our School and us students decided to let us remember where we come from and how we reach in this generation. It remind us the things were we all learned just to be who our world stand on now." she answered as she smiled.

"How did you thought of one of your students performing underwater dancing which was a rare talent. We interviewed her awhile ago and as she answered, you were the one who taught her. How did you excelled such a rare talent." Another reporter ask.

"It was a special talent of mine that I rarely show for I only want to show it to a special person such rare thing to prove that I can push through limits just to show who I am. This type of dance shows elegance as a swan and fierceness as a dragon." She remarked.

And days passed, Shancai's culinary competition. As Xiang Li went outside of her home to go to work, she notice a car in front of her which made her raised an eyebrow. When she went out, the passenger seat's car window was lowered down as Xiang Li saw, Lei in the passenger seat looking at her.

"Daoming Si informed me to take you to the competition. Meizuo is already taking you friend, Lin Yan, there as Ximen head there with Daoming Si which led me to you." He informed as Xiang Li walk towards the car that made him went out.

"How come? I have work.." She excused which Lei countered, "Daoming Si ask Ximen to took care of it which mean that you bosses already know" He stated while smiling. Xiang Li just sighed and was about to decline but Lei already put her on the passenger seat.

She was about to complain but Lei spoke, "Daoming Si said that he will pay you on how much you earn today." Xiang Li just rolled her eyes on the words as Lei sat on the other side. "Rich people think they can just use money on everything."

She grumbled out while pouting, "Time is money, he said, he is just buying your time. Is that fine?" He stated while smiling as the car moved. "My time is earned, but since I always love watching culinary shows then seeing it personally is great. But I won't pay for my seat." She remark sassily which made Lei smile.

"Don't worry, I paid for it"

"Is you feet doing fine now? Doesn't it hurt anymore?" He ask as he look at her. "Did you hear me wince when you shove me inside?"

"I did it carefully though" he reasoned out which made Xiang Li giggle, "You can't get sarcasm words.." And they just both chuckled after that.

__________________________________________________________________________

All of them took a seat as Lei sat beside Daoming Si, Meizuo and Ximen as Both girl sat behind them. As introduction started the two girls were talking silently for a few minutes.

"It's been forever. Hey, It's been like one hour, right?" Daoming Si called out on Lei which the boy just gave him a blank space. "It's only been five minutes, okay?" Meizuo answered which Ximen teased, "He's in love. Days feel like years to him." he sighed out as Meizuo hit his leg and leaned.

"That Caina looks even better in person" Meizuo complimented which received a kick on the chair from Lin Yan who was behind him. Meizuo apologized while chuckling as the so called girl raised an eyebrow on his words. Ximen just smirk on the interaction and spoke, "You're watching someone else? Si's going to beat you up"

"And it's just a compliment, no need to get easily jealous by it." Ximen said trying to calm Lin Yan down as Xiang Li interfere while scrolling through her Weibo. "Your acting like a jealous girlfriend, Lin Yan" she stated which Lin Yan rolled her eyes on.

"I am his girlfriend" She remarked which made Ximen cough out, Xiang Li look at her friend with 'are you serious' stare. "What the hell.." she mumbled. As Meizuo smirk and faced the front. "She answered me yesterday so we are technically together now."

The 2 boys in front of them just look on Meizuo. Ximen just chuckled, "And here I thought, Daoming Si will get a girlfriend before the 3 of us"

"You already have a girlfriend that can kill you anytime but you can compliment like that so dreamily" Lei added as Daoming Si ignored them. "Don't worry, I just love triggering her jealousy side. I'm not planning on cheating when this girl can hunt me down even if I fly to mars."

He assured as the competition began, "The first round of this competition is stir frying and slow stewing. The contestants can pick any ingredient they need and complete their dishes within two hours."

"Four contestants will be eliminated this round."

.

.

.

.

.

A few hours later, They are now tasting the pastry for the 2nd elimination as the room went silent. "Now, our judges are carefully tasting each pastry our contestants made." the host began.

"So what do our judges think about the pastry they've tasted?"

"This Lotus Flower Cake is very interesting. From It's physical appearance, it looks like lotus flowers known as flower fairies. As for it's taste, It's soft, fluffy and sweet. It's very flavorful. Very good." One of the judges complimented as Caina thanked for it. "It's so beautiful. It's fragrance is very inviting. It delights the heart and refreshes the mind. I want to have another piece" another judge added.

"This is the natural fragrance of Lotus flowers." Caina started, "I preserved it's natural state". She explained as the audience clap for her. "This girl is indeed very good at such thing" Xiang Li stated as Lin Yan remark after her, "Well if you indeed join, I'm sure on the first round, they already lose." She said giggling as Xiang Li shush her.

"Now the judges are holding Miss Dong Shancai's Plain Flower candy."

The host informed as the judges started eating it. After a few while, one judge just complimented, "It tastes delicious."

"Should I say that it's grayish or yellowish?"

This made a few audience laugh as Xiang Li just pursue her lips. She just look at Shancai as the girl glance at her back that made the girl be reminded of something. 'Do you know what's the most important thing required to win this competition?'

'Feeling, feeling you know.'

'People always said to me, it doesn't always based on the taste, it was always based on the hard work you were put in just to make such recipe. It was a sign of on how important dish were"

'On every dish, you need to have a name and history for it. I called this 'Tang Ling's Blooming Love with a delicate heart'. A woman made this pastry to cheer a sad person. She baked for the first time using the money she had left just to comfort a stranger, she hurt herself but she keep going. In the end, she made this snack, as the symbolizes that she will be always with him forever. A simple pastry, but it's history is truly admirable.'

"This pastry is called 'Dong Xiaowan's Blooming Beauty, Exquisite Elegance, Delicate Grace and Golden Age'" She remark as Lei put his gaze on her, slightly wide eyes. "Wow, is that a tongue twister."

"I want to hear more about it"

"Dong Xiaowan is a famous chef in history. She especially likes to use flowers in cooking. That's why she made this pastry. Many years ago, her husband, Mao Xuejiang, fell sick. In order to make her husband recover quickly and take up his sword, she made this pastry herself and named it Plain Flower Candy. Even though this is just a simple pastry, but it comes from a very beautiful love story."

Shancai explained as Huaze Lei stared at her while the other audience clap which is why he also started clapping. "There are very few people who know how to make this pastry, especially young girls like her. That's not easy"

"Yes" The beautiful Mingde Alumni agreed. "You know quite a lot."

"All right. Thank you, Dong Shancai, for your Plain Flower candy. Next we'll go to our next round."

"Who will continue standing on this stage?"

"We'll find out after the commercial" The host ended.

After a few minutes, it started again and now they are gonna call for the winners on the 2nd round. "After a heated discussion among our judges, we have the results of the second round. Four contestants will enter the final battle between the East and the West." the host started as he called out one of the judges.

"Can we have our judge. Tang Jingmei, to announce the results. On who are the final four contestants?" As everyone clap for her, she put down her mic towards her reach and eventually started announcing. "After careful deliberation from the judges' panel, the following will be able to enter the final deciding round of the Chinese Cuisine Culinary Competition."

"Miss Zhou Caina" the girl took a step forward as the other 2 after her that was called, step forward as everyone clap for them. "Miss Luo Qianni"

"Miss Ling Chenxi"

"And last but not the least...maybe this is a little unexpected." She paused for a while and smiled, "Congratulations"

"Miss Dong Shancai"

She called out as everyone clap her until Daoming Si quickly jump from his seat and started clapping that the F3 needed to stop him. Xiang Li just smiled and clap her hands with Lin Yan

.

.

.

.

.

As the F4 stood up. "Let's go buy a drink for her and give her a goodluck." Ximen stated which Lin Yan shook her head on and decided to just stay, "Well, I'll be staying with my girlfriend"

Meizuo said and sat back which made Ximen roll his eyes, "Sure sure, stop rubbing it on our face" 

Xiang Li hesitated if she will stand up or not but Ximen pulled her up from her seat, "You just need to congratulate her for passing the pastry round with good result as her mentor" he whispered that made her obliged and bought a drink on the way there. 

.

.

.

"Shancai, drink something warm and relax." Ximen called out as he pulled the bottle of juice and gave it to her. Shancai just smiled and thanked him. "I'm so nervous, I'm not sure what the challenge is for the next round."

"You can do it" Lei encourage as Shancai gave him a smile. "By the way Shancai, you did a great job on the pastry round, where did you learned such thing like that? Did Zhuang volunteered to help you out again?" Ximen ask. "I also wanna know. Even in the first round, but in the second round is where you show what you really learned." Lei added as Shancai started talking about it.

"Words from my mentor, in cooking, you always need to prioritized the reason on why you made this and the person you wanted to give it the most. Like the brownies she made, she said. It was called 'Tang Ling's Blooming Love in a delicate age' for she baked it on a young age. She even told me the story behind it. A woman made this pastry to cheer a sad person. She baked for the first time using the money she had left just to comfort a stranger, she hurt herself but she keep going. In the end, she made this snack, as the symbolizes that she will be always with him forever. A simple pastry, but it's history is truly admirable." Shancai explained as she continued.

"I remembered that history the most since it was about her life that's why I used it as a inspiration from the history I learned on the book."

Lei stared at Shancai as he remembered something from his childhood.

As a little boy named Lei was sitting in a park bench, a girl went near him that made him confused. He was about to ask on what she need but the little girl just gave him a box full of brownies. "What is this for?"

"I know it doesn't taste that good but I hope you appreciate even just my efforts..." the girl exclaimed as she fiddle on her fingers. On her actions, Lei began to stare at her that made him notice the bandage fingers. "You?..."

"Yah, I hope it help even just a little. It just shows that a stranger can give some sacrifice for you..."

As he snap back from reality, he asked her immediately, "Shancai, who told y-"

"Si, aren't you going to encourage her?" Xiang Li cut him off as she stared at pineapple head guy. Lei stop from his words as Ximen supported Xiang Li's word, "That's right Si, You were so excited earlier. Why aren't you encouraging her now?"

As Shancai heard that, she just stared at Xiang Li who quickly glance at her making the short girl awkwardly smiled and wait for Daoming Si's words. "Come on. The competition is about to start again" Ximen persuaded.

"You...you" he stuttered as Shancai ask him in question, "What?"

"What?" Ximen said but was immediately cut off when Daoming Si spoke a word, "Good."

"What do you mean 'good'?" She ask him as the other 2 boys just chuckled. "You did well earlier. Keep up the good work. Keep getting great results." he said as all of them burst out laughing.

Xiang Li sighed as she distracted Lei from listening and was snap back when Ximen called out for her, "How about you Xiang Li, do you have good advices on her to not be nervous."

The girl blink when all of them went silent as she sighed and talk, "Maximize your ingredients and create a better flavor that the original. You just need to stay calm and do your best" she encourage as Ximen patted Daoming Si's back. "That's how you encourage someone. Something we can understand" he teased as Daoming Si slap his arms away.

"Shut up."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.2K 4.9K 22
Everything and anything we do serves a purpose. What if the purpose we have in life is to love someone who doesn't love us back? "It's okay if you do...
165 48 34
(under editing, interested ones may reach out to me) In the symphony of love, their melodies intertwined, yet fate's chorus whispered no promise of f...
904K 25.2K 90
Just Imagine Being sucked into your Favorite Drama and end Up being stuck there. There you meet the Main girl Shancai. But everything took a turn whe...
13.1K 586 20
No one could differentiate Sky and Snow from each other. They look exactly alike. Eyes, nose, lips, hair color, body type, everything. They're the mo...