•did you get enough love, my...

By sunflowerwalls24p2

August Miller is burning the candle at both ends. He's a freshman in high school yet he already works two jo... More

prologue
~safe for now~ chapter one
~thinking about him~ chapter two
~the bravest sweetest boy~ chapter three
~dreams or memories~ chapter four
~special names~ chapter five
~mama~ chapter six
~he's gone~ chapter seven
~we love you~ chapter eight
~you are my sunshine~ chapter nine
~love mummy and daddy~ chapter eleven
~feeling extra tiny~ chapter twelve

~take all of your pain away~ chapter ten

7.1K 194 17
By sunflowerwalls24p2

Third Person POV

When August wakes up next he's not as comfortable as he was before.

He's still hugged tightly in his Mummy and Daddy's arms but now, his nose is all stuffy and his tummy doesn't feel very good, it's rumbling and it sounds like it's yelling at him.

At first he thinks he's just hungry but then it starts to hurt really bad, making him clutch his little stomach in his hands.

August tries to go back to sleep because it's still dark in the big room and his Mama and Dada both have their eyes closed, he doesn't want to wake them up. If he does, he's sure they'll be mad and he'll do anything to keep from getting sent back to live with his biological mother.

His efforts are proven fruitless when the sick feeling starts to get worse. A wave of nausea hits the poor boy and all he can do is whine as he tries to swallow whatever is trying to come up his throat, back down.

It doesn't work, though. Within minutes, and without his permission, he's spewing all over the bed, himself, and his Mummy and Daddy.

No, this can't be happening.

August's breathing picks up as he thinks about how bad of a boy he is. He made a mess all over his new Mummy and Daddy's bed, surely they're going to hate him now.

Tears stream down August's face as the nasty feeling comes back and he thinks he'll spew all over again.

It turns out, it wasn't spewing that happened this time, it was worse. Through all of his crying, he'd accidentally gone to the bathroom all over the mattress. He couldn't control it, he just felt so... bleh. That's all he could think about as sob after sob was drawn from his throat.

"D-Daddy?" He mumbled, giving up on trying to keep his new parents asleep. He just hurts so much and all he wants is cuddles from his Mummy and Daddy. "M-Mama?" He tried again, shifting uncomfortably on the bed.

"August, bambino, what's wrong?" August looked up frantically, trying to find where his Daddy's tired voice is coming from in the dark room. "Oh, il moroso. Are you not feeling well?" His Daddy asked, waking up as soon as he realized his baby wasn't okay. (Baby, Sweetheart.)

"Icky, Dada." August whined, wiggling in the hold of his parents, trying to escape the heat and smell of his own sickness.

"Shhh shhh, it's alright, piccolo. Daddy'll get you all cleaned up." His Daddy whispered soothingly as he got out of bed and picked August up with him, eliciting a groan from the small boy, the sound stirring his Mummy from his sleep as well. (Little one.)

"What's going on, babe?" His Mummy asked, blinking his eyes opened as he propped his body up on one elbow. Something had to be wrong if his husband and child were awake at, after looking at the time, he realized was almost four in the morning.

"Little Augie here just had a little accident, says he's feeling a bit icky." Davide replied, rubbing August's back to keep him calm and satiated as he spoke. August didn't mind waiting despite the sticky feeling all over his body and the headache pounding through him, he was just glad to be in his Daddy's arms.

"Oh my sweet boy, you're not feeling so good, are you?" Nikolas asked, concerned when he noticed the sick all over the bed and the smell taking up the room. "You are feeling pretty hot, bug." He said after reaching up to feel August's forehead, it was burning up.

"I'll clean up in here, Davie. You take care of our baby boy." August's Mama said softly, being sure to give August a loving kiss on the crown of his head before his Daddy was taking him out of the room and entering the bathroom.

"Let's get you nice and squeaky clean, amore." He said as he attempted to sit August down in the shower stall. Davide figured a quick spray down in the shower would be better than a bath because it would get August comfortable sooner. (Love.)

August wasn't having it though, he just wanted to stay with Daddy.

"You'll feel so much better once you get washed off, tesoro. I promise." He told the fussy little boy. With a little bit of struggle, August was placed on the floor of the shower stall. His Daddy got him undressed as quickly as possible, throwing the the soiled clothes into the laundry hamper as well as his own t-shirt that had gotten dirty. (Treasure.)

"You're doing so well for me, ragazzino. Such a good boy." Davide spoke sweet nothings to August to try and console him a little bit as he turned the water on to the detachable shower head, waiting until the water was lukewarm to begin rinsing August's small body off. (Baby boy.)

August sat still as his Daddy cleaned him, staying calm due to the soothing motion of his thumb that had started bobbing softly between his lips.

"Your thumb is icky, bambino." His Daddy reprimanded him gently after his body was done being rinsed off. August whined sharply when his thumb was pulled out of his mouth. He tried bringing it back up but it just kept getting taken away. (Baby.)

"Nu Dada, wan' p'ease." August mumbled brokenly. He's just so tired and he feels so icky. Why wont his Daddy let him have the one thing that's making him feel a little bit better?

Before August realizes it, large tears are rolling down his red cheeks.

"It's alright, dolcezza. We'll get you a pacifier so soon. Until then we've just gotta keep you from feeling more sick by not sucking that little thumb of yours, okay?" It was difficult for August to understand what his Daddy was asking of him through all of his sobs but he assumed his Daddy had his best interests in mind so he gave him a weak nod. "Thank you, il mio piccolo." Davide said, reaching down to wrap a now clean August in a fluffy towel, the soft material feeling like heaven on August's irritated skin. (Sweetie, My little one.)

When Davide re-entered the master bedroom, new sheets and a new comforter were placed on the bed but Nikolas was nowhere to be found. Figuring he'd look for August's Mummy in a few minutes, he got to work dressing a tired yet compliant August in one of his own large thin t-shirts that was almost a dress on the little boy.

"All better, tesoro." August's Daddy said as he was picked back up into his arms, being cradled against his broad chest. August cuddled up to his source of comfort, nuzzling his face into his Dada's neck before letting out a sigh of relief now that he felt clean again. (Darling.)

His headache was still just as strong and his stomach was yelling again but at least he was being held.

"I'm gonna need to run up to the 24 hour drug store, baby. We don't have any kiddie medicine and I'm afraid what we have here will be too strong for August's delicate tummy." Nikolas said as he suddenly entered the room with a sympathetic smile on his face. He really didn't want to leave his baby when he was feeling so vulnerable and hurt but if he was ever going to feel better he needed some medication.

"Thank you, mi amore. You're wonderful." His Daddy was quiet, his soothing voice working to help keep August's headache the same and not any worse. (My love.)

"Mmmm, I know." August's Mama spoke cockily. He stepped towards his two boys and gave them both some goodbye hugs before stepping back and pulling some shoes on.

"I'll be back soon, loves." Nikolas was about to turn around and leave but was stopped by Davide suddenly grabbing his upper arm. August could see his Daddy was saying something to Mama but he had him angled away from their conversation. He would have cared more if he wasn't feeling so poorly but right now he was fine with just staying where he was, not worrying about anything else.

"Good idea, Davie. Bye, bugga boo, I'll see you so soon." He heard his Mama speak so he mumbled a weak 'bye bye' to him as Nikolas left the room.

"Do you want me to turn some 'toons on while we wait for Mummy to come back?" Davide asked as he rubbed August's back and patted his bum rhythmically.

August shook his head gently, 'toons were great but the brightness of the TV screen sounded bad. "M-Music, p'ease?" He asked, still a little bit worried about asking for things but his need for some music right now was too strong to deny.

"Of course, il moroso." His Daddy said as he moved them to the bed, sitting down with August cradled on his lap. (Sweetheart.)

"Yesh p'ease." August said, leaning his head on Daddy's chest. "R-Rory?" He asked after realizing the presence of his best friend was missing, Rory always makes him feel better.

"Mummy probably put Rory in the wash. He'll be back soon, bambino." Davide assured him as he grabbed his phone from the nightstand and played some soft Disney piano music in the background. (Baby.)

August sighed sadly, not having the heart to put up a fight, settling for just holding on to one of his Daddy's hands for support.

"I's 'urt, Dada." August said as tears sprang to the corners of his eyes.

"I know, tesoro, I know. I'm so sorry that I cant take all of your pain away." Davide said, leaning down to give August a soothing kiss on the head. "What exactly hurts?" He asked, feeling terrible that he cant just snap his fingers and make August better.

"Tummy an' bwain." Little Augie said, curling up tighter on his Daddy's chest.

Davide sighed at his words and did the only thing he knew to help. With his hand that wasn't occupied by August's arms, he gently rubbed August's slightly bloated stomach.

August felt the relief instantly, allowing him to finally settle back down a little bit. He pressed into his Daddy's warmth and listened to the pretty music, letting himself shut his heavy eyes and slip off into a temporarily comfortable sleep.

-

a/n - hey guys! so... this chapters a little bit shorter than my other ones but i kind of felt like splitting up some of this fluff and turning it into as many chapters as i can so... yeah :)

quick question: so i wanna write a few more chapters of sick august fluff but i don't really have any ideas right now. if you guys have any prompts or ideas for baby space sick august feel free to comment them :)

anyways... thank you so much for reading and i hope you liked the chapter! i tried out third person for this one and i'm not sure how i feel about it so please let me know what you think and if you think i should switch back to first person?? don't forget to vote and i hope you all have a lovely day/night <3

p.s. i totally forgot to mention this yesterday but i noticed a few days ago that this book already hit #1 in the trauma tag... i cant even begin to describe how grateful i am for all of you readers and for the wonderful comments you all leave, thank you all soooo much for the support!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 456 40
Rumors fly when former student athlete Drew Summers resurfaces after a mysterious summer away, so different from the up-and-coming young man that the...
162K 6.2K 82
Even though I'm a mess and I still don't think I'm good enough for him, I want to date him. I haven't managed to scare him off with my panic attacks...
My Boys By angelic_alexx

General Fiction

151K 3.8K 36
Joey didn't mean to catch them killing someone. He was just going for a walk in the park. He didn't know he'd get caught. He was just going to turn a...
157K 9.1K 39
Riley Steele, an omega soldier, is ready to do whatever it takes to get accepted into a special unit in the army full of alphas, and the people stand...