𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘰𝘱 ~ 𝐦𝐚𝐱 𝐦𝐚...

By softlyiridescent

❝ I'm gonna marry you with a ring pop. ❞ ∘◦ ミ☆ ◦∘ IN WHICH addison gray longs to marry max mayfield with a... More

Ring Pop!
Mixtape
Epigraph
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven

Chapter Thirty-One

7.3K 268 141
By softlyiridescent

Chapter Thirty-One
Pretty Please

Max hummed softly to the music, fingers gently dragging up and down Addison's arm. Her eyes fluttered shut, mind drifting back to the off-putting events of earlier. The look on Eddie's face, and just how terrified the boy looked flashed through her mind.

Addison's head rested on Max's chest, their legs interlocked as Addison focused on Max's heartbeat, paying close attention to the rhythm incase it were to change.

"How do you think Mike is doing?" Addison's voice was soft as she looked up at her girlfriend. "I-I mean in California? Do you think he remembered to give them the letters? I told you about that right? I wrote Joyce, Jonathan, Will, and El all little letters. With pictures and stickers and pressed flowers for Will and El? I hope he did. I know that he doesn't write any to Will.. And to El he always writes from. Instead of Love. I know it hurts her. If you'd moved back to California I would always write love. I do that with them, too.. But-But I don't love them! Wait, no. No. I do love them, but- but- You know, Not like.. Not like I love you? You know? No, I- I'm sure you get it. I'm just gonna stop.. talking.. now.. Yeah."

Max smiled warmly pressing a kiss to her forehead. Addison's cheeks warmed, curling herself tighter into Max's side. "I get it."

"I'm sure he did though," Max's voice was distant, barely focused on the words Addison had spoken. She'd tried to, but she can't get the image of Eddie driving off in a panic out of her head. "I'd write love for you too."

"Do you think he remembered the sunscreen?" Addison continued, "He sunburns easily. He's pasty."

"Babe, we're all pasty." Max chuckled, Addison's smile brightening at the sound. "You burn easily, too."

"We-well. Yeah. I mean, we are, yeah, but not Lucas! And I use sunscreen." Addison added quickly, poking her on the chest. "You know, so should you. "

"Obviously not Lucas." Max shook her head, a chuckle escaping. After a moment of silence, she continued. "I bet he looks like a lobster right now."

A sound like a mix between a cackle and a scream left Addison's lips. "Oh my god! He's gonna be complaining for weeks when he gets back! oh, where's the Aloe? Ow! Don't touch me! It hurts so bad!"

Laughter flooded the room, bouncing off the walls and echoing down the hallway. Max's mom stirred awake, a warm (yet distant) smile formed on the woman's face, noting that it was a welcome change from the usual silence. She'd decided that Addison was a good friend, and an even better influence, for Max. Especially now.

~~

The morning birds chirping woke Addison up. With a yawn, she carefully tossed the covers off of her body.

Being careful not to wake Max, she tiptoed out of the bedroom and down the hall to the bathroom. She flipped the light on, carefully opening the cabinet to pick out her toothbrush (she had never been more excited then when Max bought her one to keep there at her house) and the toothpaste. She flipped on the water, glancing at door to make sure she hadn't disturbed Max.

Addison's eyes became unfocused as she watched herself in the mirror, mind drifting to Eddie and how afraid he looked.

Addison, even with everything she'd seen in the past three years, had never seen anything quite like that. It shook Addison to her core, so deeply that she felt that she could feel the fear that Eddie felt.

Whatever he had seen... Addison had just hoped it wasn't anything like what they've dealt with before. That they could finally be free of being tired. That's what they were, all of them. Tired. After fighting for three years, it was more than any of them could handle, and Addison wasn't sure how much more she could handle. She hoped that he'd just taken the wrong combination of whatever it is he sells.

Addison knew it was drugs, probably strong ones with how adamant he was about keeping her away from it. Though she couldn't be sure what kind they were.

While drifting in her thoughts, Addison had somehow ended up in the kitchen, blankly staring out the window. Her mouth etched into a frown, knuckles turning white from the tight grip she held on the counter. Feeling increasingly numb while alone with her thoughts.

The sound of creaking floors and not so quiet footsteps alerted Addison to another presence with her.

"Max," Addison's smile faltered at the state Max was in. Heavy breathing, disheveled hair and a panicked look in her eyes. "Are you alright? I-I can make you some tea, if you want. My mom has this recipe that's good for hangovers. Which is basically the same thing as a headache right? I've never been drunk.. but.. uh.."

"No," Max croaked out, shaking her head. Addison nodded, watching Max closely as she stretched to reach the Tylenol. "I'm good, weirdo."

"Did you sleep okay?" Addison's voice was gentle, eyes following Max's movements while she paused, staring into the glass of water.

"No." Max tossed her head back, swallowing the pills and water. "Bad dreams again."

Addison sighed, carefully wrapping her arms around Max's torso and resting her cheek against her back. Max's head dropped and she squeezed her eyes shut, willing the tears away. "You're so good to me."

Addison cracked a smile, pressing a kiss on her shoulder. "Why wouldn't I be?"

The sound of wailing sirens of several police cars pulling into the trailer park pulled the pair out of their moment. Max turned around, sharing a look with Addison.

"Should we..?" Addison trailed off, nodding towards the door. Max mumbled a yes walking towards the front door, Addison following quickly behind her.

Max winced, squinting and raising her hand to block out the unrelenting morning sun. A sense of dread loomed in the air, weighing heavy as the police cars came to a stop in front of Eddie Munson's trailer.

"Looks like that Munson boy's up to no good again." Max's mom said, shaking her head in disdain. Addison and Max shared a look, having a silent conversation as her mom turned on her heel and entered the house.

"Let's go?" Addison questioned, earning a nod from Max and a quiet let's go as a confirmation.

Addison's stomach sank to her feet at the sight of the familiar cheerleading outfit, Chrissy.

Chrissy was an angel, offering to call in a favor to get Addison a tryout for the cheer team, but the chicken pox mixed with a night terror... Addison had the worst seizure of her life, putting her in the hospital and causing her to miss a week and a half of school.

Addison's parents became overwhelmed and overprotective, finally lightening up towards the end of Christmas break.

They jogged quickly over to the home, being stopped by an older police man."Hey! Stop, you can't come 'round here. Get back inside. Back inside!"

"I'm just worried about him!" Addison said quickly, "Is Eddie okay? He's my friend, my best friend. He's- He's a sweetheart! I have two classes with him! One! Two! Do- He's always been so nice to me! Is-Is he okay? Please tell me he's okay- I just.. Who is that in there? Is she okay? I just.. Where is he? Is he hurt? Please! I promise I'll leave you alone if you just tell me if he's okay. Anything! And I'll go inside and-and I'll never bother you again! Promise. Pretty promise, I know it's pretty please.. well I guess this time it's both? Yeah, pretty please and pretty promise? I won't tell anyone or bother you? I'm super good at keeping secrets. Like I have one but I can't tell you because it's a secret-"

The man stared wide eyed at Addison, glancing over at Max who had quickly caught on to Addison. "She's super good at it!"

Max watched as the cop became increasingly agitated with Addison's rambling. "Okay, okay, okay! Okay!"

Addison rolled her lips between her teeth to cover the smirk.

"Just- Just. Jesus Christ! Stop talking." He pinched the bridge of his nose., a heavy sigh falling from his lips. "We don't know where he is, we're looking for him with every man we've got. If you figure anything out, let us know. Your 'sweetheart' of a friend is a sick monster, stay away from him. Now, do what you said and quit bothering me."

"Of course, sir! If we see him we will call you super fast!" Addison smiled sweetly, tossing her arm around Max and dragging her away. Once they were far enough, Addison stretched so she could whisper in Max's ear.

"We need to find Dustin."

~~

a/n guys everyone is so ooc i'm in tears!! it's like this for ramona scotty and isaac!! and eddie for arwen !!

also not at all proofread lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 115 25
When Emmy Reed falls for the new girl Max mayfield. ❝𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙨𝙤 𝙜𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙣 ❞ *This story follows the storyline of the show. I do not own any of...
66.6K 1.5K 31
Max Mayfield x fem OC season 2 - ✅ season 3 - ✅ season 4 - ✅ season 5 -
31.1K 666 41
A story about a girl named Wendy Darling Harrington who experiences one of her best friends ending up missing, a strange girl with telekinetic powers...
107K 3K 35
COMPLETED UNTIL SEASON FIVE "And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one" [SEASON TWO-FIVE] max mayfield x fem!oc