Highschool DxD: From the Sha...

By N7Captain

"There are things that go bump in the night, and we are the ones who bump back." Issei was a normal boy, then... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 1/Prologue

878 21 18
By N7Captain

Before we begin the chapter, I have to tell you what the emblem of the organization that Issei joins is.

It's got an octagon.

In the center it has a zero with a slash through it, but the slash looks like a lightning bolt.

And above the zero, is the word "Section" and below the zero, is the word "Zero". If you guys know anything that I can use to actually make the logo, please let me know.

That's the name of this organization, "Section Zero".

Now, onto the chapter.
———————————————————————

It was a bright moon lit night. There was a cool breeze blowing through and the night sky was full of stars shining so bright.

All of that, however, was not on the mind of seven year old Issei Hyoudou. What was on his mind, however, was to run as fast as his legs could take him.

Behind him, he could hear the running of the scary red fleshy dog-like monster that killed his mom and dad.

How his day turned into this, he'll never know. One moment he was sitting next to the campfire, waiting to roast marshmallows with his parents, and the next, two red monsters came from the forest and pounced onto his parents and tore them up.

The moment his father told him to run, he did, but not before dodging a third monster that came from the forest.

Now here he was running from one monster and the other two would probably catch up after they finished eating his parents.

Little Issei noticed that he was starting to slow down and that his breathing was starting to come out in short bursts. He was getting tired and it seemed like the monster knew it, because it started to slow down and wait for him to collapse.

"Please. Go faster. I don't want to die!" Issei sobbed in his mind.

He was so terrified that he didn't notice a green light coming from his left arm. What he did notice, however, was that he started to pick up speed again.

Unfortunately, he would only make it a few more feet before his little body gave out. He heard the monster stop not to far from him, and in a move of desperation, he started crawling towards a tree, hoping that he could make it to the tree and climb up it before the monster for him.

The tree he reached however, had no branches for him to climb on, so he turned around and leaned back on the tree with tears streaming down his face, praying that someone would save him.

As the monster got closer, one face flashed before Issei's eyes. Irina. He would never get to see his best friend again. They would never get to continue their dreams of being heroes.

Issei closed his tear filled eyes, turned his head to the side, and awaited his fate.

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

Multiple loud bangs filled the forest. They were so loud the little boy had to hold his now ringing ears. He opened his eyes and blinked the unshed tears away.

He looked in front of him and jumped back, but was blocked by the tree. He jumped because the monster was now dead, only a few inches away from him.

Now with the monster dead, he started to slow his rapid breathing and tried to calm his little heart.

As he did he noticed more footsteps running towards him and looked in the direction they were coming from.

He expected the other two monsters, but instead, he found soldiers instead.

"Hey kid! You ok?" One of the soldiers, a man, asked.

The boy could only stare at the soldier before breaking down. All he could do was sob, even after the man grabbed him and carried him back towards the campsite he and his parents were at just an hour before.

Another hour had passed and Issei was finally calm enough to look around at all the soldiers, about 15 if he had to guess, cleaning up the site and placing white bags that held what was left of his parents into an a car he had never seen before.

One of the soldiers caught him staring at it and guessed what was on his mind and told him it was called an "APC".

Now Issei sat at the table that was at the campsite, waiting for someone who would come and talk to him.

He didn't have to wait long because he quickly heard the whooshing of a helicopter and looked up.

He watched as it landed. One of the side doors opened and two large armored men came out first.

In their hands were the same guns used by the other soldiers around him.

From the helicopter came a man with scars on the left side of his face with an eyepatch covering his left eye.

Issei noticed that the man was also wearing some kind of all black uniform.

(Replace the Overwatch logo with the one for Section Zero and change the color to an all black. The logo will also be black, but will shine when light hits it.)

He also watched as a beautiful woman followed the man out and ran towards him the moment her eyes met his. As she got closer he noticed that she was wearing the same clothes as the other man.

"Goodness! Are you ok dear? You aren't hurt are you?" The woman asked him as she hugged him tightly.

"N-No ma'am. I'm ok." Issei said.

"Laura, how is he?" The man asked once he was close enough.

Issei looked up at the man and saw sadness and concern in his lone glowing red eye.

"He says he's ok, but I would like to take him to the Hippocrates branch and get him checked out. Some of the men said there were strange reading around him and I want to make sure he's ok." The woman, Laura, told the man.

The man looked at her, before turning his attention to Issei, and crouching down to look at him in the eyes.

"Is that ok with you? Would you like to come with us to get checked out at the hospital?" He softly asked the boy.

Issei looked down and thought about it for a few seconds before nodding his head.

The man nodded and got up and started walking towards the helicopter. Laura also got up and carried a now exhausted Issei towards the helicopter too.

They boarded and left the campsite.
—————————————————————————
This time skip was brought to you by Volga being chased by U-chan.

—————————————————————————

After arriving, the two adults took the now asleep child towards the hospital and put him on a bed.

After a general check up and a few hours of testing or anything bad, the doctors left the still sleeping boy in the care of the two adults.

"Did you find anything Wolf?" Laura asked the man.

"I did. No relatives. He's all alone now." The man said with a bit of sadness in his voice.

Laura looked down and gave the boy a pitying look. The boy then started to become restless, most likely because of a nightmare. Laura then proceeded to gently run her hand through the boy's hair to try and calm him down.

It worked.

Laura continued to look at the boy before suddenly asking a question that took "Wolf" by surprise.

"What if we adopt him?" She asked.

"Huh?"

"Yeah! What if we took him in? You and I both know we're too busy for me to properly get pregnant. The last time we actually tried was during our honeymoon." She told him.

Wolf looked down in thought. It did seem like a good idea, but like she said, they were busy most of the time. They might not have enough time to spend with the boy. Millions of similar thoughts swam in his head. He didn't know if he would even be a good father to any child at the moment.

As if she knew what he was thinking, Laura got up and grabbed his hand, breaking him out of his thoughts.

"You would make a great father. We'll find some way to make time for him if he accepts the adoption." She reassured him.

He nodded and noticed that the boy was starting to wake up. He alerted Laura and the the two moved to either side of his bed.

Once the boy was awake and caught up to speed about his health, the two asked him if he wanted to be adopted by the two of them. The boy gave it some thought before accepting and introduced himself as Issei Hyoudou.

The woman, his new mother, introduced herself as Laura Kruger.

The man introduced himself as Wolfgang Amadeus Kruger. (Take not of this name. It will be the name of my OC and he will pop up quite a bit in my stories in one form or another.)

The new parents then proceeded to chat and get to know their new son, and vise versa. After learning that his dream was to be a hero and protect people, Wolfgang asked a question that would change Issei's life forever.

"Issei. How would you like to make your dream a reality?"

There we are! Chapter 1 of my new story! How was it? Good? Bad? In between? Feel free to let me know.

Anyway, next chapter will be a time skip. In that chapter Issei will be back in Kuoh, but he won't be a kid. He'll be older. You'll see what I have planned with that.

See y'all next chapter! It might be out tomorrow, I don't know yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 244 21
❝Because of you I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt... I find it hard to trust not only me but everyone around me.❞ Post-Breaking...
11.4K 216 16
"So long as we live, there are things that will never go our way. When we die, it must happen in a way that carries no regrets." -Enterprise Many yea...
4.5K 105 12
This is about USS BB-62 New Jersey, Second of Iowa Battle Ship Class on her life with her ship girl friends and Commander on her beloved homeland cou...
2.2K 70 10
It's the year 2030. Wow a lot has happened over the past decade. Covid, nearly ww3, Ukraine and Russia, China and Taiwan, North and South Korea, The...