dingus | haitani rindou

Door -REENZUU

๐˜พ๐™–๐™จ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ž๐™– #1 dinยทโ€‹gus | \ หˆdiล‹-(g)ษ™s a dim-witted, silly, or foolish person -often used in a jokin... Meer

intro
playlist
ocs
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
(first name) [1]
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
rindou [1] pt. 1
rindou [1] pt. 2
thirty one
thirty two
special
thirty three
thirty four

fourteen

2K 125 269
Door -REENZUU

The queue wasn't as long as you had expected. It's not like it's late during this time but let's say that you might have an early dinner because the clock didn't strike 7 p.m. yet and most people at this time are on their way home so it might get crowded on another hour.

You were already the second person in the line and still, there was no sign of the amethyst-eyed boy. You are not delightful enough to wait for him and if he still doesn't come when you reached the counter, guess you might just order your own food and enjoy your meal by yourself. You don't feel guilty at all because it's his fault for instigating that fight so...what are you supposed to do, watch until finally, someone wins?

You rather chuck down multiple burgers from this restaurant than do that.

"Hey! You planning to order on your own?"

Speak of the devil.

You turned in his direction, a peeved expression was written on his face.

"I thought you planned to start a WWE championship with your brother?... If I wasn't mistaken?"

"I mean, you could have waited for me."

Your mouth fell agape when he said those words to you. Is he serious? Why do you have to wait for him to stop fighting with that beanpole brother of his? Is this part of the deal? Is that one of the things you needed to do in order to be his friend?

That just shows a kindergarten type of friendship, where friends have to wait and go anywhere with each other and they can't leave each other's side because if they do, they are a traitor (it's giving Haruchiyo) and they shouldn't be friends anymore. Which just depicts childishness.

Aren't you both supposed to be 17? No, the real question is, isn't Rindou 17? A grown-ass teenager that's about to reach adulthood? Or is there a hidden reason, why he wanted you to wait?

"If you were in my shoes, you would have walked away too."

Before Rindou could give any response to your remark, the person in front of you have retrieved their tray and was walking to their seat. You hurried your steps to the counter, getting a bit excited about the fact that you are going to devour (favourite food) after this.

"Good evening, I will like to order for a dine-in. Can I have (favourite food) set with (favourite drink)?" You ordered happily, knowing damn well your ravenous stomach will be fulfilled and your thirst will be quenched by such scrumptious dinings.

The order taker then pressed the buttons on the tablet and asked, "Anything else?"

You remained quiet and waited for Rindou, but what was unforeseen was he didn't even stand next to you, but instead he was standing right behind you like he was hiding from the order taker or something.

"I want Triple Cheeseburger," he whispered into your ear which made you flinch because you didn't expect him to do that.

You faced him in an instant which made his body jolt back a little because if he didn't, your noses might touch each other and that will get awkward if it ever happens.

"Don't talk to me, talk to her," you said in a low-toned voice and you tilted your head in the order taker's direction.

Rindou only moved his gaze back and forth to the right and left slowly, he might not say anything but somehow he's actually communicating to you like he wants you to take the hint about something.

You wrinkled your eyebrows with his weird behaviour. What's up with him? Is it necessary to whisper at you when the order taker is deadass in front of the both of you?

What could be the reason that his tongue is so tied to say a thing?

He already knows what he wanted to order, so he can just straight up tell the order taker right away. And you want him to do it at that very instant because delaying such orders can make the other people in the line wait even longer than they should be.

After thinking for a while, an imaginary light bulb popped up on your head.

Oh, this might be the only possible answer to why the delinquent is behaving this way.

Don't tell me....

... he is too scared to order McDonald's on his own?

You only nodded at Rindou in disbelief, still can't believe that the both of you are in the same year, it feels like you're hanging out with someone younger than you if you were being honest.

It's like you're treating a little sibling or something like that.

"What drink, then?" You asked, just giving in with this guy for once (jokes on you, is not going to be once in the future).

"Coke," he said, relieved that you understand what he was trying to convey.

What you assume was true, Rindou is not used in ordering food. It's always Ran that will talk to the cashier or waiter or even a McDonald's drive-through, Ran will be the one that will do all the talking. He's just used to getting pampered and Ran also never grumbled anything and let Rindou be all the time.

Never in his 17 years of living, has Ran will ask him to order his food on his own or even trained him to do that because Ran doesn't see it as a big deal. But there are consequences to it though, right now, Rindou has to handle his own embarrassment towards you and he knows for sure you're going to make fun of him after this.

Well, at least you ordered for him so that's quite good but after leaving this counter, he just has to prepare his guts from your harsh insults.

▌│█║▌║▌║ ᴅɪɴɢᴜs ║▌║▌║█│▌

"What?" Rindou asked you, who has been staring at him with a mocking grin.

 There's nothing that he can do because even if he tried to order on his own, his voice will crack or he starts stuttering or some shit which he hates the most if it happens so he rather get mocked by you than that happening.

"Let me guess?" You tapped your finger on your chin, acting like you were thinking so deeply.

 "You're used to your brother ordering food for you?"

"Yeah." Rindou took a huge bite from his cheeseburger. "And what about it?"

You only let out a chuckle when he truly admits it. This guy is unpredictable, for goodness sake. And to remind yourself again, this is the same person that Asuka has been warning about and how dangerous he is when in reality he clearly is not at all.

Maybe you're with him just for a short period of time but you cannot pick out what in the world you should be petrified of his very existence.

Logically, you can't find what part of him are you supposed to be scared of. If you reminisce back on what happened today and yesterday, all the things that he did were not giving you chills at all.

He say conceited shit yesterday.

He snorted like a pig when you answered 'pancake' on Sato-sensei's question.

He shared his onigiri (handmade even) with you during lunch.

He was stroking a cat when he was waiting for your arrival.

He picked you up and brought you here to McDonald's.

Heck, he asked you to be his friend.

So...where is the Haitani Rindou that Asuka's warning you about?

Not just Asuka, but most people will say the same damn utterance.

It's like realisation hits you that rumours don't matter at all. Not only that, you can't trust them 100%, especially when it comes out from someone that barely even knows that person.

Speaking of rumours, it's the exact same as what happened to Asuka 3 years ago. You still don't understand to this day why Kohana had ever done that to her. It's an exaggeration to say that Asuka is an angel but she never deserved to get that type of treatment from others and she is innocent, no matter what everyone else keeps on saying.

Yes.

You are aware that you should let it go and let the past be in the past.

It's not like the exact same thing will happen again to Asuka, right?

Kohana was a third-year during that time, to think she even drop out of school when she was in her last year, bemused you the most.

People kept on saying that you were the cause of her dropping out.

But you never believed it.

There must be something that truly happened that she couldn't avoid.

It's not like you pity her (after all that horrible rumour she has been spreading about Asuka), but you wonder why will she go to that extent?

What did Asuka even do to her?

And what's even worse is that Asuka presumed she was a genuine and nice senior towards her since both of them are in the Cooking Club together.

The way Asuka keeps telling you how nice 'Hana-senpai' is and how she adores her cooking skill and whatever. It then only leads to Asuka getting bullied by her and her wannabe friends.

It's been  3 years since that incident, your questions still remain unanswered.

So you can't help but keep on thinking about it from time to time.

You ignored whatever  is in your mind and reached out for the french fries, as you were about to take one...

...Rindou lightly slapped your hand which made you stare at him with a puzzled expression.

Is he trying to stop you from eating the french fries that he voluntarily let you share?

"The soggy ones are mine." he quickly took one and shoved it in his mouth.

God, is he a 10-year-old inside of a 17-year-old's body?

You rolled your eyes and took the ones that are not soggy since you don't want him to slap you again (it didn't hurt though). This guy has a lot of shenanigans, how in the world does his brother survive with him?

If you think about his older brother again, who had tissues plugged inside his noseholes and had a severe sinus infection, you know damn well he's barely surviving with Rindou and actually has been sending 'SOS' morse codes to everyone breathing in Roppongi.

"You sure you're 17?" you said with exasperation present in your tone.

Rindou glowered at your words. Are you trying to say he's immature? It's not like you're mature too anyways, your insults are also childish so that doesn't make you any better either. If he were honest about it, he is agreeing with what you were trying to imply, he is childlike since he is the younger sibling and he tends to do such immature decisions in certain circumstances.

But your tone before was trying to indirectly tell him that you are far way better than him when you're also the same, childish like him.

"Technically I will be...in another 7 months."

"Really?" You took a bite of (favourite food), trying to act like you're so fascinated to hear when his birthday month is. Is this how he's trying to make you buy him a gift or something?

"Yes, and since you are my friend, you have to buy me a gift."

Excuse me?!

"I'm not your friend..." You said very bluntly. Well, if Rindou was being truthful that sentence was quite hurtful than the rest of your insults that you ever give to him. He rather get called 'looking like a grandpa' again than hear that.

But the blonde-blue haired boy needed to be patient...

...because you haven't finish your sentence.

...yet."

Now, if you were very observant and stare deeply into his eyes, they were lighting up a little. He thought you might don't want to continue this weird deal you both are having and considering that your task was actually much more difficult than his actually (yes, he realised how much of a handful he is).

"You can't just ask someone to be your friend and in an instant, they are labelled as your friend. There needs to be trust, arguments, chemistry or even accepting each other's weaknesses. It takes time for a friendship to bloom and sometimes it turns out unplanned...people you don't expect to have a connection with, turn out to be the ones that stayed with you in any type of situation you are in. Friends are not just giving each other gifts on birthdays or Christmas either. The real ones will stay when you're at your downfall while the fake ones will only take advantage when you're at your peak. Yet again, I will like to reiterate....

You. Are. Not. My. Friend. Yet." 

I'm just asking for a gift, why in the world is she giving me a motivational speech?

"Truly inspiring, (Last Name)," Rindou said sarcastically and the boy even had the audacity to clap like he was an amazed audience in a ceremony.

You narrowed your eyes at him, realising that your words before were just not getting into his head. Maybe his brain capacity just couldn't take it or he might not understand what you were trying to convey because he's friendless.

Does he even have friends?

If he does, he wouldn't bother to ask you to be one.

Right?

"Do you have other friends?"

Rindou rubbed his chin and acted like he was thinking so deeply, he is so overdramatic that you just wanted to punch him in the face. Maybe it really is in the Haitani genes after all (Ran deadass acted out like he got a heart attack before this).

"Yeah, I do have one ...

...his name is Ran." he gave you a toothy grin and he knows for sure that his words are going to irritate you.

"That's your brother. That's not a friend." you sipped on your favourite drink that was about to finish up so the noises that came out from the straw were quite loud.

"Hmm...if my brother's not my friend. Then, is my brother's friends considered one?" He's not being sarcastic now but he's genuinely curious. The ones that he's referring to are Shion, Mochi and Kakucho (he doesn't know if Ran considers Izana a friend or not because both of them are terrified of him). They did meet in the juvenile centre but they liked Ran...no, it's like they were more comfortable with Ran and Rindou was just coincidentally there because he can't go anywhere without being beside his brother and that's what he always be, following his brother like a lost dog.

"It depends. How about you describe them a little?"

"Well, I can't stand Shion with his bullshit and stupid mohawk so I don't intend to take him as a friend. Mochi... likes to nag a lot...and his laugh can cause seismic waves so...no, either." He halted his words for awhile and let out a small burp. Thank god, he has manners on the table and covered his mouth  with his fist so that you don't have to inhale such a horrible stench from his mouth.

He then proceeded his words before, "Kakucho...he's nice, I guess. But he's always stuck with Izana than anyone else so...in the end I didn't get the chance to get close to him and also he's way younger than me and it feels...kind of weird you know. Yeah, as I said before, Nii-chan is the only one that's cool and bearable." (He's egotistic to admit that he's scared of Izana)

Wow, he's really this picky? But if he is, why in the world did he ask me to be his friend?

"You have lots of terms and conditions, do I even fulfil any of them?"

Your question made Rindou's shoulders tense a little, this is not what he was leading on. No matter how many times you ask that question, he's still not ready to answer it. It's still too early to reveal his reason.

Just like you said earlier, you both aren't friends yet. So it's not that suitable to tell it now and it will be kind of weird if he discloses it so soon.

Maybe in another couple of months, he will confess about it or maybe he wouldn't, it just depends on him. 

"There will never be a difference if I say yes or no because, in the end, you're stuck with my ass for these 3 months anyways," he said with a confident tone. He's quite proud that he managed to dodge that question.

You only gave in  with whatever shenanigans he has, what matters is right now that you want to finish up your writing portfolio so that is when you unzipped your backpack and started taking out your 'deadly' clipboard.

You already put the plates and empty drinks in their respectful places, so your space was quite clearer than Rindou's which was still cramped with his half-drunk Coke and french fries.

"Can we discuss this now? Can you do it while eating?"

Rindou swallowed a huge chunk of food into his throat, making his adam's apple move in an aggressive motion.

"Not a problem."

▌│█║▌║▌║ ᴅɪɴɢᴜs ║▌║▌║█│▌

"Where do you think you're going? My motorbike is here." Rindou was confused when he saw you walking in the opposite direction from his motorbike.

Your back was facing him and you have no intention of even turning to him, you quickly answered, "I'm walking home."

As the boy hears your words, trepidation starts swarming into him because for fuck's sake, it's already 11 pm and there's no way he's going to let you (who's a teenage girl even) walk alone. That's just far too perilous and sometimes Rindou is befuddled with you.

Aren't you supposed to be the smartest person in school?

Why are your decisions so dumb and reckless? (says the one that drives recklessly too)

"Not so fast." Rindou chased you from behind and without him realising, he was already gripping your arm, which made you turn to him in an instant.

Your gaze moved to his gripping hand, he was not doing it harshly though and somehow his touch was quite...

...gentle. It feels like you were being held by a prince from a fantasy manhwa or something but whatever the hell he was doing, it's literally the opposite of what a delinquent will do.

Delinquents are known for their rough nature and also, newsflash, being misogynistic but this guy again...

....is not showing those types of traits.

Perturbation was painted on the boy's face and as he realised he was holding your arm, he rapidly release it and hid his hand to his back, acting like he didn't do something that only a male lead of a Shoujo manga will do.

"Are you out of your mind? It's almost midnight, you know how dangerous for a girl to walk home alone?"

You scoffed when you hear his sentence. You are aware of that, but his reckless driving traumatized you and you can't help but think that getting kidnap by some criminal is much safer than dying on the road, just because of his intense motorbike stunt type of riding.

"You also make me feel unsafe with that type of driving before, you know that?" anger was the only emotion that was in your words.

Rindou felt a little (just a teeny tiny bit) guilty when he hear you say that. He's been riding his motorcycle at that particular speed for the longest time and never did he get into an accident because he was totally expert at it. So that's why he thought it wouldn't be a problem to ride at that speed with you because, in the end, nothing harmful happened to you. Not even a single wound or scratch was on you.

He also likes to ride his motorbike expeditiously because he feels so free and the rides that he had was an escapism for him.That thrilling feeling, the fast motions of the wind, dodging a bunch of other vehicles, it felt like nothing can even stop him from doing that.

But surprisingly, you might be something that will halt him from doing this driving routine of his.

He has no choice then.

He just has to sacrifice that, just for you to not walk home alone.

"Okay, I'm sorry about this evening. I'll drive slowly this time. Just don't you dare try to walk home alone, alright?" his tone was soft that if his fangirls ever hear him say this, they will squeal and melt like they were an abandoned ice cream cone that's been left out on the sun.

But you being you, you don't feel butterflies in your stomach at all. He was doing the bare minimum and he should have ridden his motorbike safely with or without you riding on it. Come to think of it, the only thing that convinced him to not ride his motorbike recklessly was just you. Not the horrible motorbike accidents that he saw in the newspapers, not the police, not the fine that he will get on the road or even the thought of his motorbike getting wrecked.

It's just you, wanting to walk home alone was enough to persuade him.

"Can I trust you?" you questioned it on purpose, I mean you, still do not trust him fully (and it could be you never will because you have trust issues) but somehow you were curious about what answer will he give.

Rindou scratched the back of his nape that was not itchy, you were so complicated and difficult to convince for goodness sake.

"If I'm a person that you can't trust, I would have not given the slightest fuck to what will happen to you."

Touché.

"Now, come on," he said while moving his steps back towards his motorbike. You followed him from behind and only give a nod as a response, even if he doesn't see it.

Just as Rindou had hopped on his motorbike and started the engine, you did the same thing too. And again, you didn't hold on to his shoulders, because he promised to ride his motorbike slowly,so... is it even necessary to touch him?

"You still have to put your hand on my shoulders, though."

Damn it.

You groaned in annoyance but still, you listen to his words. Maybe it wouldn't be 'slowly' as he said before, it could be that it's just slower by 10 km/h than before (which does not make a big difference).

You gripped onto his shoulders and said, "There. Happy now?"

Rindou ignored your question and started to drive off from McDonald's at a normal speed.

But just because he didn't say anything, that doesn't mean he doesn't have an answer inside his mind, believe it or not.

It'll sound weird if I say I am.

Only minutes after the safe ride, you both arrived in front of your house. Rindou never knew that the both of you lived quite near to each other, but not in the same residential area. There were like sections in the neighbourhood, the Haitanis lived on the north side while you live on the southeast side.

So it was technically quite far but there is a supermarket and a mall in the centre, so it can be anytime that the both of you can bump into each other, but it has never happened before. You lived in this area for almost 3 years but never have you seen a sight of neither Rindou nor Ran.

Rindou parked his motorbike in front of the pebbled path that lead to your house's front porch.

You get off his motorbike and felt at ease when you can't believe that you're still alive and get to see your house again.

The lights in the room in your house were already dim, meaning that your parents might have gone to sleep and you told (what's accurate to say is 'lied') them that you wanted to study at Asuka's house and they may have thought you were sleeping at her house.

Luckily, you copied the house key so you have no trouble getting locked out or something. You also stayed quite long with Rindou on purpose even though the guy wanted to drive you back home at 9 but you told him that your parents will go to sleep around 11, so you have to wait for them to fell asleep first. Because there was no way in hell you will tell them that you were actually partners with a delinquent (an infamous one even) for your writing portfolio and you were forced to be friends with him because you were stuck in a weird agreement that you both just made.

"Thanks for-

"Wait." he cut you off. He fished for his flip phone in the pocket of his ripped jeans and started pushing the button 'on'.

"Give me your number."

Heh. I forgot that he asked me right before this.

Of course, you're not the type of person that give your number to people that easily. But since this guy is your writing portfolio partner and your friend-to-be, so having each others number is a necessity.

You say every digit of your phone number one by one to him and in an instant, your phone that was situated in your backpack started to ring. You took off your backpack that was on your shoulders and tried to find your flip phone that was ringing like crazy, especially when (favourite song) was your ringtone.

Rindou only blew out raspberries when he hears your ringtone because out of all songs you can choose, you choose that one? Give him a break, he knew that your taste in music will be horrendous unlike him (technically he thought he was better) that listens to Gorillaz and Arctic Monkeys.

"Your ringtone is horrible," he said with a snarky tone.

You rolled your eyes when you hear his remark and when you finally found your flip phone, you hugged your backpack in your left arm while the other pushed the button decline.

God, you were annoyed with his words before, how dare he judge your music taste which was actually immaculate? You recommend lots of songs to Asuka, and she says that most of them are good, you guys love the same band even so where in the world is it horrible?

So as revenge, you straight away save his number and planned to give the worst name that will ever exist in your contacts.

Rindou noticed that you were starting to save his number so he also did the same, he already knows what to put your name in his contact so there's no need for him to think for a long time.

A satisfied grin was etched on your face, it's like you coming up with that name is a genius move and you know for sure that he will be so pissed when he finds out what did you save his name as.

"What did you save my number as?" Rindou was still on the motorbike and he had his hand rested on his chin, with his elbow on the head of the motorbike.

You let out a snort, still looking at your flip phone screen, you just can't wait for what his reaction will be.

"You sure you wanna know?" you moved your gaze to him, he doesn't look mad or scared, he just has a neutral expression on his face.

"Yeah, and you don't wanna know yours?"

You admit that you were also curious about what he had in mind. It's stupid for you to think that he will put a decent name on your number. Theres just this weird revengeful energy that you both are radiating and somehow it kind of matches, so if you do this, he will also do the same thing.

That's what you noticed from this 1-day friendship you both have.

"Let's show it at once," you suggested.

Like it was on queue, you both showed each other flip phone screen.

Clipboard Girl is what you saw on Rindou's flip phone.

Lord Dingus is what Rindou saw on your flip phone.

"You're not creative," you said with a giggle.

"Am I supposed to be flattered that you called me a 'Lord'?" Rindou wasn't pissed at all, he find it very hilarious and he was entertained to see that you chose such a bizarre name for him.

"No, you shouldn't. I got inspiration from Lord Farquaad, that one short dude from Shrek. And also it says 'Lord Dingus', meaning your dumbness is on a higher level than anybody else here. So, no. You shouldn't be proud of it." you explained, but the way you say all of that was not condescending like the other insults that you have given to him. This time you were saying it jokingly or in a friendly way, which means Rindou shouldn't take it by heart and he truly didn't.

He only laughed at how long your explanation is and he doesn't need too much elaboration on why he put 'Clipboard Girl' as your contact name. The reason was apparent, because never did he see anyone use a clipboard for self-defence and if it wasn't him that approached you last night? Sorry to say, you might end up in a ditch already.

You put back your flip phone inside your backpack and you were starting to yawn because today sure was exhausting.

"Thanks for the dinner and see your dingus ass tomorrow."

You slung one of your backpack straps on your right shoulder and turned away from him. Obviously, you will not wave him goodbye, you both aren't even that close so...it might be awkward if you suddenly wave at him.

Rindou only shook his head but a smile plastered on his features. He didn't respond anything to your words before and drive off from your house.

See your dingus ass tomorrow. Your voice echoed in his mind.

Rindou can't help but think that nickname is going to stick on him forever.

But he doesn't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

Guess it depends on fate.

▌│█║▌║▌║║▌║▌║█│▌

A/N: You will never know how many times I squealed and fangirl when writing this chap especially the motorbike scene ASGFHAGHSFGAF,Okay anyways, NEW CHAP YEAYYY, sorry I really think I can't make promises or keep them at all because I promised to post this chap on last Saturday/Friday if I recall? But yeah, surprisingly I had an interview (which was yesterday) so that's why I can't post anything because I was too nervous to write anything PFFT and yeah I unpublished Shion's fic unfortunately because I want the book to have the best results you know and I don't want to ruin it because that story is complex as hell (idk why i torture myself) and alsooo this chap finally ends the very day LMAOOO after 9 chapters, finally a day is over. Yeah so I can't promise when is the next chap will be posted but I am free for now and I try to post as many chapters as possible before I enter my degree. Thanks for reading this chap besties!!

-zuu

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2.2M 114K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
32.2K 1.2K 22
what happens when a blunt, straightforward girl, gets asked by one of the most popular boys in school to be his fake girlfriend? Rindou x reader!!! A...
1M 54K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
97.3K 2.8K 42
This is a Wakasa x reader story. It will have the Timeline where the first gen black Dragons exist. I don't think it will be like the Manga. So shini...