Twilight Witch

Oleh JustAnotherCullen

Elizabeth Gray lost everything. First her parents and then her twin brother. She moved to Forks, Washington f... Lebih Banyak

Background
II. "That Witch"
III. Romeo & Juliet?
IV. Carver Cafรฉ
V. Now I know what you are
VI. La Push
VII. The lion & the not so frail lamb
VIII. Intimidating
IX. Cullen Coven
X. Nightmare
XI. Attack
XII. They Want You
XIII. Something Normal
XIV. Wolves
XV. Shapeshifters
XVI. Always
XVII. Runes
XVIII. A reflection
XIX. Strega Scarlatta
XX. Hex
XXI. Safe & Sound
XXII. Unwanted Visitor
XXV. Exist to Fight

I. New Beginnings

6.7K 181 23
Oleh JustAnotherCullen

     The rain tapped at the window of the apartment which she now called her own. It was small yet cozy. She was used to the small closure her old home had. She preferred it that way. She sighed pulling her boots on, gathering her things for her first day at work. This job was barely enough to get her by, but she wanted this new lifestyle to be simple. She worked herself sick back in Brooklyn. Always distracting herself with her work. But now, she believes it's time to put herself first and discover the power she has within.

She pulled her hood up and quickened her steps as she walked away from the apartment complex. The walk was short just about 10 minutes with her quick pace.

'Thunderbird & Whale Bookstore' the sign read above her. It was small and definitely had better days but something about it was comforting. She gripped her bag and pushed through the glass door, a bell jingling above her head.

"Good afternoon miss, how may I help you?" a male's voice filled her ears. He stood behind the counter to her right. He was tan and had long black hair. Probably in his mid twenties or so.

His warm smile welcomed her. "I'm actually here for the open position, I was told to ask for Joseph?" She spoke to the man taking a step towards the counter.

"Ah yes, let me get him for you-" The man was cutoff.

"Is that my new hire?" An enthusiastic voice entered the room. He was a bit older than the other man and had the brightest smile on his face as he walked over.

"So nice to finally meet you Elizabeth" The man held out his hand for her. Elizabeth gladly shook it and returned the smile. "You as well." She spoke kindly.

"Let's get right to it then, go ahead and set your things in that cupboard when you come in. I'm going to go ahead and have you take care of stocking and organizing. Along with processing payments for orders and cleaning up after closing time." He led her along the bookstore giving her a small tour.

"Tyler here will lead you along the way if you have any questions go ahead and hound him with all of 'em." He laughed and she smiled nervously.

~

A few hours had gone by. Her boss, Joseph had already gone home for the day. Elizabeth had gotten the hang of things very quickly. It soothed her to organize all of the books, even set aside a few for herself.

She was sweeping the doormat near the entrance when a jingling of keys filled her ears. "You're good to start closing tonight right? Trying to get out of here early for once." Tyler spoke grabbing his jacket. Elizabeth froze for a second. She didn't want to impose yet she hardly felt ready to be left alone.

"I-I think so." She mentally slapped herself.

"Great, see you tomorrow then." Tyler practically sprinted out the door and down the steps off towards the cars parked in the street.

Elizabeth was still frozen broom still in hand. She couldn't believe she was just left alone. After gathering herself, she finished sweeping and put away the broom and dustpan. 'Only one more hour til closing time' she thought. It had been a slow evening during her training. Only helped about three customers. She hoped that would be it for the night so she occupied herself by dusting some shelves that clearly had not been dusted in a bit too long.

The sound of bells echoed throughout the shop. Elizabeth's head snapped as she rushed to the counter. Once she approached she took in the appearance of the man who entered. Hood over his head, dark facial hair, tattoos up the side of his neck, and a beer bottle in hand.

"Hello, how may I help you?" Elizabeth spoke trying her hardest to hide her nervousness. The man took a step and slowly turned her way.

"So you guys sell books?" the man slurred, taking another swig of his alcohol.

"Yes we do, was there anything in particular you were looking for?" Elizabeth spoke calmly. The man took a couple of steps closer and squinted his eyes at her.

"I don't think I've seen you 'round here before, you new here or something sweetheart?" He was now close enough to where she could smell the alcohol in his breath.

"Uhm yes. This is my first day working here." She glanced up towards the security camera pointed at the register where they both stood.

Her alarm went off signaling it was time to clock out and close up.

"Need a ride home sweetie?" the man now leaned against the door eyeing her up and down as she locked the register.

"No thank you, I actually have a ride waiting for me." She lied of course not going to say she's walking home. The man continued and attempted to persuade her, but she stood her ground and patiently waited for the man to leave.

"Alright, well you just let me know if you change your mind sweetie." The man winked and gave her one more look before he pushed pass the door.

Elizabeth let out a sigh of relief, as she could finally leave. It took a lot in her to refrain from using her powers. She told herself she would never allow herself to use it unless it were extremely necessary.

The bookstore was now locked and closed up for the night behind Elizabeth as she carefully walked down the steps making her way to the sidewalks and the street. It was dark out, not very much lighting on the street where her new job was.  The streets were damp, as you could see small reflects of the dim lights that were somewhat nearby.

The sound of glass being broken now erupted behind Elizabeth. She stopped and glanced all around her and saw nothing. She adjusted her bag on her shoulder and continued her way. Although she saw nothing she felt like she was being watched. She shook those thoughts away and picked up her pace.

A sudden roar of cat calls and footsteps now surrounded Elizabeth. "Now I thought you said you had a ride sweetheart?" the same voice spoke behind her. She spun to reveal yet again the same man from the shop, but he was not alone this time.

His group of 6 or 7 friends Elizabeth counted had been eyeing her, their appearances almost being the same as his some had smirks on their faces as they drank their alcohol they had as well.

"What's it to you?" Elizabeth spat, tired of his game. The man practically laughed. "I suggest you learn some manners sweetheart. It was just an offer." The other men still eyeing her, getting closer.

"Now how about we just get you home nice and safe?" Another one of the male's spoke beside her smirking wide at her. Elizabeth had had just about enough. She new what these men were and that they probably do this on a daily basis. 'Now is necessary' she thought.

Just before the men could move any closer, Elizabeth glanced around at each of the horrid men. Once her eyes landed on her target she was at his side in an instant. She stood behind him and brought her lips to his ear and let out a whisper,

"Run"

She was now back where she originally stood as the man trembled in fear, beer bottle falling to the ground, he lets out a blood curdling scream and sprints the opposite direction of them all.

The other men step back giving each other confused looks.

"I suggest you all join him before it's too late." Elizabeth spoke hard.

None of the men moved, standing there as if she were a joke.

Elizabeth's eyes beamed red. She brought her hands in front of her and created a red orb of light.

"Wrong choice." Was all she said before slamming her hand to the ground sending all the men flying back and falling hard to the ground.

The men all got up one by one and ran off in separate directions.  Elizabeth blinked a few times realizing the red glow had still been in her eyes. She couldn't believe she'd just done that. Not even one whole day here and already having to use her powers.

She let out a soft groan and picked her bag off the ground. She continued her small journey back to her home.

Although all of the men had already fled, Elizabeth still felt she was being watched.

~  ~  ~

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

23.5K 577 11
As Bella was moving to Forks to live with her father Charlie she thought he had been alone all this time but that was not the case. {Heavy editing}
255K 5.5K 36
Masen Rogers has been on her own since the day after she woke up from her transition. All she wants is someone who will love her, someone who she can...
22.1K 663 17
๐’พ'๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ท๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ท๐“‡๐‘œ๐“€๐‘’, ๐’ท๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ท๐“Š๐“ˆ๐“‰, ๐’ท๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น ๐“ˆ๐‘œ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐“‰ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Š๐“ƒ๐’น๐‘’๐“‡๐“…๐“‡๐‘’๐“…๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น, ๐’ท๐’ถ๐’ท๐“Ž ...
202K 6K 21
Alaina is new in Forks, but is hiding the true reason that she came. When she befriends Bella, she gets more than what she asks for with a certain gr...