Stars Colliding

Par apluckyheart

This war effects every being in the galaxy and it will consume my people at some point. I can not allow such... Plus

Prologue
Shield Generator Down

The First Invasion

3 0 0
Par apluckyheart

Was the Republic not capable of keeping Geonosis from becoming an important Separatist manufacturing planet? How they were able to allow The Geonosian Archduke, Poggle the Lesser establish more droid factories is beyond my understanding. When it comes to your enemies you must stop them before they spread their roots too deep into the planet.

Before entering the debriefing room, I looked down to make sure that I looked decently professional for my first briefing. The goal of me being apart in this war is to begin decreasing the amount of clone troopers and Jedi casualties. As the deal was between The Cretaciian Senator and Chancellor Palpatine. I know how I'm supposed to complete this task, yet it still feels impractical. Aren't Jedi supposed to be one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy? I guess I'll be getting my answer today.

The door opened as I noticed four people were surrounding the communication pad. They didn't seem to notice that I'd come into the room. Make a strong first impression as I'm here to help with the war effort. I've been given my rank even before my first day on the battlefield. Only because of my work back home in my planet's army. But it feels almost unsuitable. How am I supposed to be a Brigadier General in an army that I've never been a part of?

It's not that I don't have confidence in my abilities because I know that my war record is very grand, and my casualty rates are very low across the board. Yet I don't think it's worthy of being labeled as a Brigadier General on day one. I was a Marshal Commander home which was perfect for me and my time in the wars. Major responsibilities of course but nothing along the lines of Brigadier General.

"Gentlemen." Announcing myself to them as they all turned their heads to me. "Brigadier General Vaitiaré Brumarch reporting for duty." I raised my right hand to salute them.

"Ah yes glad you made it before the invasion. Welcome aboard Brigadier General Vaitiaré Brumarch. I'm General Obi-Wan Kenobi." A man with a very well-groomed beard approached me as I held out my hand for him to shake.

"The council informed us on your arrival. I'm General Ki-Adi-Mundi." He slightly bowed his head as I followed the motion as a sign of respect.

"Well, I must say standing in your presence is exceptional. I'm General Anakin Skywalker and this is my Padawan Commander Ahsoka Tano." I gave The General a small nod to then look at the Padawan who had her eyebrow raised at me.

"Generals. Connection is established." A soldier announced as we all circled around the panel.

"Very good. Patch in the Outer Rim Command." General Obi Wan told him as General Windu and Yoda appeared before us along with the Chancellor. Finally, another Jedi that I had met with yet also appeared but instead of being displayed on top of the pod like the other three, she was displayed standing next to General Ki-Adi-Mundi. In the middle of the panel stood the planet of Geonosis along with pins of where each republic ship was currently on standby till the invasion began.

"Our ships are in position, and we're ready to begin our campaign against the Geonosians." General Kenobi began.

"And what about Poggle? Any report on his location?" General Windu asked General Kenobi to begin switching the map around.

"It seems he's holed up at the primary droid foundry here." I took a step closer to the map and closely watched the moving pawns of war begin. "The factory is protected by a shield generator. Anakin, Ki-Adi, and I shall attempt a three-pronged attack through their defense lines to a staging area just short of the shield. Once we have landed, we shall knock out the shield generator. That is our primary target."

A three-pronged attack?

"Isn't it risky committing three generals to one area of the attack? If something went wrong, we could be dealt a serious blow." I'd have to agree with the Chancellor on his concern. Though we are hitting the shield generator in three separate directions. Our spacing should be further apart from one another to avoid a wave of enemies on their home turf smashing against us.

"To ensure that rise again Geonosis does not, capture Poggle we must." General Yoda responded for the Chancellor to simply nod. It's understandable that we want to make sure that this never happens again. But throwing so many troops into the clutches of the enemy seems a little too bold. There is a time and place for bold strategy but not for a planetary wide invasion.

"Of course. As always, I shall leave the strategy to you, Master Jedi." The Chancellor finished for General Windu and looked back at us.

"Our thanks. Chancellor." General Kenobi responded for the Chancellor to look directly at me.

"We're taking a risk allowing you to be a part of the planetary invasion. I hope that you have prepared yourself, Brigadier General Brumarch." The Chancellor's eyes even on a hologram seemed almost piercing. There are perhaps a few beings in this galaxy that have glance to cause me to gulp. He's now on that list.

"I assure you that you will be satisfied with the outcome. Failure is not allowed." The Chancellor nodded but kept his gaze directly into my eyes. Almost as if he's peering into my soul, in hopes of finding cracks in it maybe.

"May the force be with you." He said nothing more as I didn't realize General Yoda, Windu, and Chancellor Palpatine signed off. As soon as they signed off three troopers came into the debriefing room. Two dressed in white armor but one with blue paint and yellow paint. The other was equipped with desert camo rather than the white armor.

"Good, Cody. I'd like you to meet our newest addition to the war. Brigadier General Vaitiaré Brumarch. This is Commander Cody, Commander Jet, and Captain Rex." The three clone troopers looked at me to then salute me.

"Gentlemen. I look forward to working with you all on the battlefield today." I saluted back for them to focus on the battle plan on the hologram.

"These are the coordinates for the rendezvous. What have you got for us Cody?" General Kenobi continued as Commander Cody took a step forward towards the hologram.

"Yes sir. When we hit the ground, we'll create a perimeter there. Getting past their defenses here will be the trick. General Mundi will come across the defensive lines from the north. We will make our assault through the middle. General Skywalker will make his attack on the defensive lines from the south, and we will meet at the rendezvous point at 0700 exactly." The soldi..er..Cody finished as I rewatched the pawns move over again.

"If we meet with strong resistance and are forced down away from the landing zone, hold out until we join our forces before attacking the shield generator." General Ki-Adi-Mundi added to Cody's debriefing for me to begin planning a route in case we get blasted off course. In my position one must make sure they know every alternative to the plan.

"Their front lines are heavily fortified. Look at that giant wall with all the gun emplacements. That won't be easy to get past." The Padawan spoke out as I looked at the wall on the map.

"Don't worry. We're not going anywhere near that." General Skywalker assured the Padawan as I moved my fingers to enhance the giant wall.

"Come now. What happened to all the enthusiasm I saw earlier?" General Kenobi added as they both turned, smirking at one another.

"Don't worry about us. You just make sure you get yourself to the landing zone in one piece." I'm going to assume that General Kenobi and Skywalker are old friends with how they bicker with one another.

"Yes. I shall be waiting for you when you finally arrive."

"With Brigadier General Vaitiaré Brumarch on my squad we might beat you, their master." I'm glad for the confidence he has in my abilities. At this moment me cracking my fingers were the only things that were calming me from what I'm about to face.

"Gentlemen, if you are quite finished, we have a battle to begin." The woman interrupted General Skywalker and Kenobi

"Quite right. Cody, prep the gunships. I'll meet you in the hangar."

"Yes sir." Cody responded as the one soldier on the right of him was staring directly at me. To then quickly look away when I noticed his staring.

"Brigadier General Brumarch. If you'll follow me to the hanger." General Skywalker motioned for me to begin following him and his Padawan.

We left the debriefing room to walk down another long hallway as more soldiers were pouring out of rooms to head to the hangar. They were all murmuring to one another as I noticed General Skywalker and Commander Tano were walking further ahead of me. Most likely to talk about the mission and their plans.

"Why does she get to be Brigadier General? She's not a jedi or a clone." She asked to then let out a tiny sigh. Not that I blame her for asking such things. Imagine being part of a war and some stranger comes in and immediately outranks you without any proof of their abilities.

"According to the council and Chancellor she's an important asset in order for us to turn the tides of the war." Again. Feeling a little better about the vote of confidence he has for me. Must've seen the videos of my "test" that was acquired for me to even join the war. My best work thankfully.

"Does he think the Jedi aren't capable of winning the war that they have to bring civilians into the war?" Ouch. Not that I have an ego by any means but that sort of left me a little wounded. I'm not even a civilian technically.

"Snips. It's a little extra reinforcement to the war. You know some of the best soldiers come from outside of the main military. They bring in an extra element that the enemy isn't expecting." They stopped as I was still a few feet behind them. "I hope your extra element will be of use to us Brigadier General Brumarch." General Skywalker turned for me to stand straight as I could.

"It most definitely." Unless we get shot out of the sky and die a fiery death.

Arriving to the hanger as ships were being fueled up, cleaned, and diagnostics being run before take-off. Oil and other types of gases whiffed around the entire hanger along with the loud sounds of the ships turning on. I've seen inside a hanger before of course but these ships are louder than the ones I've grown accustomed to at home. Going to have to adapt very quickly. Skywalker pointed out to the ship that we would be using to head down to the planet for us to part ways.

My personal crates were placed close to the ship that we will be using for the invasion as I counted to make sure everything was there from when I arrived. Two out of the ten crates I brought with me contain my entire arsenal, the rest are clothes, archived battle plans, and other things that don't necessarily relate to the war. Eventually I'll be going on some sort of shore leave and would like to wear something that isn't my armor.

Pulling the string apart for my cloak to slide off my body and spread out behind me. Without my cloak tattoos were now on display. The tattoos on my body are a mixture of vows that I've taken, deals that have been bargained, and each military rank that I've earned. It's been a part of my people's traditions as far back as we've recorded history. Though we had advanced to match with the rest of the galaxy. We have never forgotten those who have come before us and the traditions they have once created. My tattoos cover my entire body from the shoulder down, ending on my knees.

Since we're heading down to a rocky and desert planet, I should be prepared for hot days and very cool nights and get ready to deal with sand and rocks being blown up in my face. I placed my spiced red hair up in a yellow headscarf in hopes of keeping all the sand and dirt from getting into my head and never wanting to get out no matter how many showers I take.

My combat attire consisted of black cargo pants, my high neck dark blue sleeveless shirt for more room to move and fight, a white headscarf and finally my black tactical boots. When in combat I always have a belt on me that holds a tiny medical kit, flashlight, a water canteen, sunglasses, and one of my most important weapons. A cortosis collapsible spear that expands six almost seven feet. Over a foot taller than me.

Cortosis is considered one of the rarest materials in the galaxy as it can absorb high amounts of energy and transmission coefficients. It came even be used to fight against a jedi if need be. I don't plan on fighting any Jedi if I come across Count Dooku or General Grevious I would prefer to come prepared.

When I was tasked to become a part of the War. I was given almost every piece of equipment that we had that was made from cortosis. This includes my spear, falchion, round shield, and two thigh daggers. Safety comes first of course. I would've worn the armor, but it is way too heavy to wear in these battles. From my understanding these battles happen fast, and if you can't keep up then you're done for. But if you go way too fast then you're dead. War is exceptionally difficult to participate in. For it requires a constant amount of calculation, so long as you don't begin treating lives as statistics then you'll be successful.

Hopefully.

I put on my leather back scabbard to place my falchion sword, next was my thigh holsters as my left leg was my dagger and my firearm is my chrome-plated killer blaster pistol. Though a blaster isn't my first choice, it's better to be safe than sorry. My expandable round shield sits on my left hand that expands about almost any size, can even cover my body plus someone if we're kneeling behind it. And it's as light as air.

Reaching into the crate to pull out my falchion sword and began swinging it. Normally I have an entire pre workout ready to go, yet with how little time I have before we head into the planet. Starting off in an even stance and began moving the sword vertically back and forth slowly with my right hand holding the bottom of the handle and my left resting on where the sword meets the handle. After a little bit I then began performing lower slashes from below in a wide circle as my arms stayed close to my body.

"Brigadier General Brumarch." Someone caught my attention for me to halt immediately. My head turned to see Captain Rex was standing before me with his hands behind his back.

"Captain Rex. What can I do for you?" I placed my falchion into the scabbard as he was standing perfectly straight.

"We're getting ready to depart. If you'll follow me to our ship." He informed me as I closed my crate.

"Of course." We started to walk as more soldiers began walking to their ships.

"How long have you been a part of the war Captain Rex?"

"Since the first battle, which just happened to also be Geonosis actually."

"You're back here again? Was the first battle not successful?"

"It was. But they slipped underneath the radar and opened droid factories somehow. Pesky bugs." He sounded a little upset but eager at the same time. I'm not the greatest at reading people's voices like some can. I've been told sometimes I take things a little too literally, depending on the situation.

"Well. Now you have me to make sure these droid factories never pop up on the radar again." Giving him a thumbs up to then arrive at the ship.

Captain Rex was the first to climb onto the ship for me to follow behind him as there were soldiers ready to go. In any other situation I would've given them a charge into battle speech to pump up the blood. This isn't that type of situation. As a matter of fact, in my own personal experience whenever a random general would appear and attempt to insert themselves, we would simply ignore them or just haze them a tad bit. The men looked at me kind of funny for me to take in a sharp breath and stepped onto the ship.

"Ten-hut men!" Captain Rex declared for them to place their guns down at their side and salute.

"At ease. Gentlemen. My name is Brigadier General Vaitiaré Brumarch from Cretaciian. I know that having a stranger being one of your commanding officers is a very strange situation. I'm not here to boss you around by any means. Just consider me your safeguard for the battle and everything will go smoothly." Need to make sure I don't overstep my boundaries. The idea of becoming a type of leader that just throws themselves into the lives of soldiers isn't my style. Building trust with one another and destroying a lot of scraps should do the trick.

"We already Rex?" General Skywalker followed by Commander Tano came aboard. I moved out of the way to the reach up for the hooks above our heads.

"Yes, sir. General Kenobi is already under way." Captain Rex informed them as the ship began to take off.

"Well, he's got a head start. We'll have to catch up." General Skywalker chuckled for the doors to close on both sides.

The ship moved to then drop from the bottom to then begin our descent into the planet. From what I could see outside the fire was already raining down on top of us. Ships that just made it out were already being shot down, enemy ships firing upon us as we maneuvered past the endless amount of gunfire.

A large blast hit the side of our ship that caused almost all of us to fall over. We descended fast as I gripped the hook as hard as I can so I wouldn't fall forward and land into the men. We just departed from the ship and were already falling out of the sky! Glad to know that my first five minutes in this war my ship was already shot down by the enemy. Pretty sure this is a new record for me!

The alarms blared all around us our ship hit the ground, causing us to fly upwards, bouncing up, hitting the ground again then sliding forward. It felt exactly like the waves back home. After learning to stay balanced on waves that are bigger than a tower you can balance on almost anything. Till the ship tilted causing everyone to fall on top of one another. I landed on top of Captain Rex then straight away back up.

"C'mon men! We must keep moving otherwise we're going to be swarmed with those bugs." I must give them a moral boost from just crash landing!

Wrapping my hands around the door, pushing it forward and tossing it towards where a group of Geonosians began firing at us. The sand gave the men a quick shield to come out of the ship. With a click of a button my round shield expanded to cover a good portion of my upper body. General Skywalker emerged first as I pulled out my falchion.

We both nodded to one another as there was a line of Geonosians forming and shooting us. My blade smacked against my shield, and we were off. My shield swung back and forth deflecting the blaster fire till I reached the first Geononsian for my shield to land directly into his head, almost flattening it. Turning to then knock the next one out of the way so Skywalker could cut it in half. One of them flew above my head for me to toss my sword so the blade would be in my hand, then chucking it directly into its back. Running to my sword to see that they began falling back from the presence of Skywalker and I dealing with them.

"Commander Tano, move the men up! We've got you covered and they're retreating!" I yelled back for Skywalker, and I continued to give them cover.

We pressed on till there was a rock formation so that the clones could hide behind from the canon fire blasting down on top of us. The canons were high up in the towers and on the ground firing directly on us. Dust had covered me head to toe after only being on the battlefield for less than an hour or so.

"Rex! What's the word? Can Obi-Wan send support or not!"

"I don't think so sir. Cody says General Kenobi..." I began drowning them out as I looked at the battlefield before us. Two canons were firing down on us. But if I maneuver fast enough, I could reach them and get them disabled so they can follow up behind.

Without a moment's hesitation I stood up, climbed over to then expand my shield a little more to deflect the cannon fire. Next, I reached to turn off my com to stay completely focused on the canon fire. No distractions will allow me to take out those cannons. One first directly at me as I knocked the blast into one of the towers, causing it to crumble.

Sand blew all around me from the amount of blaster fire surrounding me as I dodged the fire that came into the range of my shield. I began picking up the pace as more gunfire was being focused on me. The feeling of the canon vibration each time it fires as it moves through the ground. To feel your enemy moving underneath our own feet is the greatest advantage in war. Feeling the vibration of your enemy marching and knowing which direction they're coming or going.

As I approached a large boulder. I ducked down to then look behind me as General Skywalker and his men were still with him and not rushing the guns. Before I made my next move, I turned on my com to look directly at him.

"I can take out those cannons easily. Just get ready to run when they're done firing!" Before he could argue I turned back off my hearing aide, stood back up and started walking backwards.

I could see my route to smash directly into the canons. If I jump off the boulder, pounce from the side pillar, and shield first into the first canon. Walk back far enough to then rush towards the boulder, jumping from the boulder and holding my shield directly Infront of me.

My shield slammed into the side of the barrel of the canon, causing it to fall forward and collapse on the ground. Shrinking my shield back up to then pull my sword out of my back sheathe. I began fighting the Geonosians that were surrounding the canons as General Skywalker and Commander Tano were moving up the field. The bugs made a good shot when they fired at my legs thinking it would influence me, as it only led to me kicking it across the face then slicing its head off.

Before I could even finish, more blaster fire came firing down on us as we hid behind the destroyed canon. Captain Rex stood next to me as we looked out onto the field to see what kind of fire fight we would be walking into next. Blaster fire was bouncing off the destroyed canon while I waited for General Skywalker to give the next order.

"There is a large hoodoo right over there where they're shooting at us!" He pointed for Captain Rex, and I looked. "Snips! I want you to guide Rex and the men over to the Hoodoos to keep them in cover. Brigadier General you're with me on destroying that tower to get us down the field."

"How do you plan on destroying the tower?" Commander Tano asked for it to click in my head quickly.

"Like a slingshot. We launch the Brigadier General into the tower and that whole thing comes crumbling down!" Captain Rex stated as I looked at the distance from me to the tower. Oh, there's plenty of room for me to be launched and destroy the tower.

"Brigadier General, how far back do you need to get a good running speed?" Turning my head to see a straight path from where we came.

"I've got room." I told General Skywalker for me to place my sword back into its holder and began walking around the spot I would need to get a good running start.

"Snips get the men over to the Hoodoos! Ready whenever you are Brigadier General!" General Skywalker

Slightly leaning forward with my shield expanded on my side as I took in a very deep breath, letting it out slowly. My entire body now relaxed as I stared down the tower that I was about to destroy with just my shield and maximum effort.

It was as if the only sound I could hear was my own heartbeat. Everything seemed to have been muted as I focused all my energy onto running and destroying that tower with a single blow. With a tiny little bounce, I began to run towards the tower. My speed was increasing as my hands were moving back and forth with each step. Passing the destroyed cannon as my eyes caught a glance of Captain Rex and his men who were watching me pass them by like a fast gust of wind.

When I was close to the tower, this weird tingling feeling wrapped around my body that I've never felt before. Is this the force? It kind of tickles a little bit. I used a piece of debris as a vaulting table to give myself an extra push towards the tower. With the extra force push I was launched straight towards the tower with my shield right in front of me.

My shield met the tower, and I instantly broke through, landing directly into the turret that was firing down on us. The Geonosians that were operating it were smacked into the wall as the top of the tower began to crumble above me. I bent down and placed the shield above me to keep myself from getting hit in the head.

More and more rocks were crumbling on top of me till I could see the sun. Well, I was thrown up here to destroy the tower, and destruction I did indeed cause. I tossed the debris off my shield to then look down as they were standing there in shock that the entire top part of the tower was now destroyed. With my speed and strength combined with the force push this was rather impressive.

"Good work Brigadier General. Now find a way down and let's keep going. We must get to Obi Wan as fast as we can."

I looked down the side of the tower to see plenty of wedges that I could climb down and hopefully not fall to my death. Quickly working my way down as General Skywalker and Commander Tano were finishing off the remaining blaster fire in the distance.

For a quick moment I wasn't bothered by any blaster fire till a blast ricocheted to where my foot was going to use for my next step down. I was already in motion as more and more blaster fire was being aimed directly at me. Well, here's hoping that someone will catch me as I fall off this thing.

I pushed back from the wall for two sets of bugs snuck up behind me as I was then proceeded to be carried up in the air. My sword fell from my hand, but I expanded the shield to knock out the one holding my left side. With my left hand free I grabbed the spear from my belt for it to expand open right under the bug's chin. I used the bug as a landing cushion as we smashed onto the ground with my spear halfway into the sand.

"Are you alright Brigadier General!" Captain Rex yelled as I began shaking off the blood and guts from my boots.

"Just fine." I shook some of the blood from my boots then pulled out my spear.

"Good work Brigadier General. Let's keep moving."

~~~~

We finally caught a break from all the blaster fire by keeping close to the plateaus on the planet. There was something familiar about this area from the briefing and I'm quite certain there's some sort of wall out here? Sort of looked like a dam I believe. Commander Tano brought it up and the coordinates are matching up with where it should be located. Maybe I'm over thinking?

Fighting on a desert planet wasn't exactly on my resume of previous battles I've participated in my life. I've battled in deep oceans, mountain sides during blizzards, tropical jungles, and capital cities. But never on a desert planet where I must make sure I don't slip and fall face first on the sand. Not to mention my boots are filled with sand which is weighing me down a tiny bit. I could take off my boots, but I would prefer them not to see my metal legs and toes. Not yet.

"Commander Tano. To make sure I have my bearings correct, wasn't there a large fortress that looked like a dam around here somewhere?"

"We shouldn't be anywhere near that." General Skywalker responded before Commander Tano could answer.

General Skywalker continued leading us through the plateaus, turning the corner to see that the dam was right in the middle of the pathway to the landing zone! Without skipping a beat, I expanded my shield ready for them to start firing down on us for sitting out in the open! As soon as my shield was expanded the fortress rained down upon us as I moved in front of Captain Rex and another trooper. We moved into cover next to General Skywalker and Commander Tano who were sitting next to one another. Two troopers laid dead in the middle of the pathway for me to visually check that Captain Rex and the other troopers were okay.

"Well, this is another fine mess you've gotten us into." Commander Tano started causing me to raise my eyebrow.

"Another? This is normal?" Asking for Commander Tano to nod.

"It is not! Hey wait! It's not my fault! You were supposed to study the holomaps!" General Skywalker joined in as a missile landed close to us, for me to scoot further away from where the missiles were landing.

"I did! Remember, when I reminded you about the giant wall, and you said, 'Don't worry, Snips. We won't be anywhere near that!" What a lovely regiment.

"Just get ready to climb!" General Skywalker ordered for me to peek over the rock formation to see how much blaster fire was aimed directly at us. Expanding my shield, a little more to keep Captain Rex and the other soldier somewhat safe to cross.

We quickly crossed the firing line and found two soldiers with backpacks full of explosives ready to go. I had my back against the plateau trying to find a good climbing path where the droids wouldn't notice them.

"If you stick along the wall of the plateau there's a small corner that will be out of range for the wall turrets." I pointed to General Skywalker as he nodded in agreement.

"What's the plan General?" Captain Rex asked while standing next to General Skywalker.

"Just keep us covered, Rex. There's too much laser fire for all of us to make the climb. Ahsoka and I will handle this. Just be ready when that wall comes down." General Skywalker ordered as I expanded my shield a little more for the cover fire.

"I'll be the main target for all the blaster fire so the troopers can focus on the wall defenses and the droids on top. Just make it quick."

"How do you plan to do that?" Commander Tano asked while I turned to face the path that led straight to the dam. An explosion landed almost next to us and blocked the dust from my eyes with my shield.

"Being a safeguard. On my mark, get ready to run for the wall." I ordered as both General Skywalker and Commander Tano were at the ready.

"Two..one.. MARK!" I yelled as I walked directly into the blaster fire. My shield right in front of me as I stopped dead in my tracks for the blaster fire to be hailing down on top of me. I could see the blaster fire ricocheting from my shield but thankfully it was hitting parts of the fortress rather than the troopers behind me.

At first, I was standing completely upwards with my body being able to handle the first amount of blaster fire being thrown at me. Yet with the blaster fire increased to start pushing me down into the sand little by little, causing me to gradually move to my knees but still being covered by my shield. I dare not look over the shield to see the progress of General Skywalker and Commander Tano, which led me to press on the com.

During my time I've been in this current position several times. My own soldiers refer to me as their safeguard when it comes to taking all the blaster fire to keep them alive. Thankfully I was never labeled the human shield, same concept but the wording is far more professional.

"Captain Rex, status report on the jedi please!" My grip around the shield tightened as I fought back against the blaster fire to begin walking backwards towards where the rest of the troopers were.

"They just got up on top of the fortress." He responded for me to continue moving back little by little.

Venturing backwards while being fired upon by hundreds of blasters requires maximum concentration to keep myself from flying backwards. Each step I take is as if I'm planting myself into the dirt just as a tree would in a heavy swamp. If I accidentally place my footing wrong then I'm going to be thrown back and scratched up, maybe even pop out my shoulder from my body meeting the ground. Meh. You can pop it right back in and deal with it later.

"INCOMING!" Captain Rex yelled through the com as I could hear a missile coming straight towards me. It was too late for me to knock it out of the way, leading me to crouch down behind the shield and brace for that impact. The first one didn't have much of an effect on my position as it landed a few feet in front of me, but I was then greeted with two simultaneously. The blast from the impact sent me flying back to where the troopers were, sliding across the sand causing the back of my arms to be scratched up from the sand. But the adrenaline was still kicking thankfully so I'm not feeling any pain now.

"Brigadier General, are you alright!?" Rex was running over as I motioned him to get back against the plateau.

"Yup. I've been thrown worse." Telling him as I belly crawled to his position.

"They're about to reach the walkway of the fortress. Focus on the droids on the top of the wall!" Captain Rex told his men as I peeked from the wall. General Skywalker and Commander Tano were still on the offensive while Captain Rex and I looked where their climbing wires were still attached.

"Well. Get climbing Captain." I motioned for him to nod and work his way over to the wire. Note to self, switch shirts after the battle, and just toss out my boots and socks because the sand that's in them now won't be coming out ever.

"Brigadier General you're hurt!" A medical trooper came up to me hiding behind the barrier as I looked behind my shoulder.

"I'm fine! Just a flesh wound!"

"A flesh wound?" He asked as we covered our heads from a missile that landed a few meters away from us. "Brigadier General you could have dirty lodged into your wounds that could cause an infection. You've got the entire galaxy carved out on your shoulders!" That must be impressive to see on my back. Wish my head could turn all the way around to get a better look at it.

"What's your name trooper?"

"Kix sir." The sound of a missile came into ear shot as I positioned the shield in front of us to block the blast.

"Good. Now Kix you are to check every single trooper that is still standing with us for any sort of injury or dehydration is that understood?"

"Yes sir!" Need to bring a different shirt if I apparently have the entire galaxy on my back. Yet I still can't feel the injury quite yet. Probably when the invasion part of the battle ends, I'll be feeling the burn and itchiness of sand.

Now. How far have they gotten dealing with the wall? I poked my head out from the wall to see them currently finishing off the droidekas and wow Captain Rex is a quick climber. General Skywalker tosses the bag of explosives into the fortress okay that's good. Now they just need to turn around and just walk back to the plateaus.

Why are they standing there?

Is Captain Rex floating?

Are they?

OH MY GODS THEY'RE JUMPING OFF THE WALL OF THE FORTRESS!

Captain Rex's screaming was the only thing in the com channel as I made a mad dash towards the exploding wall. I'm not sure how often Jedi throw themselves and their soldiers off a wall, building, or even ships to survive. Considering that General Skywalker launched me like a slingshot into a tower I suspect this happens frequently.

There was enough distance to get a good jump towards Captain Rex in case they couldn't catch him in time. When I caught him, he placed his right arm around my shoulder as my hand gripped his side. I opened my spear to pierce it into the fortress so we would slide all the way down to the ground. Once we reached the ground, I quickly opened the shield to cover ourselves from the falling debris, but General Skywalker and Commander Tano used the force to move the debris from crashing down upon us. Some debris landed on top of us bounced off the shield till the only thing left around us was the sand being blown all around us. I closed the shield to then extend my hand to Rex.

"So, it's normal for General Skywalker to throw everyone in the air." He took my hand as I helped him up from the dirt.

"More than I'd like to admit."

"Then these battles wouldn't be as fun, Rex. What happened to you Brigadier?" General Skywalker asked while pointing at my shoulder.

"Eh. Just a flesh wound. I'll be fine." I told him as the rest of the men came walking up to the destroyed wall.

"If you say so. We can't keep Obi Wan waiting."

"You heard him lads, let's go!"

An opening in the plateaus that would hopefully lead us to the landing site along with General Mundi. Hopefully. The road seemed clear as we were running as fast as we could, while keeping an eye out for large above ground caves we were passing. I'm somewhat surprised at how many cave systems above ground they have on this planet considering that it's either a flat surface or plateaus spaced out from what I've seen so far. Which makes me wonder if we are currently running on cave systems beneath our very own feet. The idea of an entire underground cave system connecting to different plateaus and other above ground cave systems, this whole planet could be run by cave systems, which makes perfect sense on how they could reestablish a new droid factory after the first invasion.

Come to think of it. Geonosians are bug-like creatures that live in dark corners of cave systems both under and above ground. Then shouldn't there be some sort of Queen? Most bug species such as this have some sort of Queen that provides life to her children. Perhaps it's another reason why they were able to rebuild the system. I hope that I'm not the only one thinking about this.

"Look! What's that?" Commander Tano pointed out as we saw the bugs burning alive and flapping all over the place.

"Master Mundi, do you read me?" General Skywalker began as we all looked up to where the exit of the above ground cave.

"We are here, Skywalker. We took a slight detour that put us out of communications for a bit." General Mundi responded while the sound of distant bombs began echoing around us.

"This has been a day for detours, master."

"Indeed. But now the road is clear. I can see the landing zone. It does not look good."

"Can you get me Admiral Yularen?" General Skywalker asked Captain Rex as he held up a small communication device.

"Brigadier General. Your thoughts on our next approach?" General Skywalker asked for me to look forward to seeing the large cloud of dust surrounding the landing site.

"If we head in before any sort of air or ground reinforcement we'll be slaughtered." Before I continued. I pulled out my sword to begin drawing a quick circle of the landing zone and the enemies surrounding it. "We need a plan and a backup plan. If we receive air support, then heading into the landing zone shouldn't be an issue. In case we're all out of air support, a three-pronged attack as General Mundi will come in through the south, Skywalker you'll take east, and I will go westward."

"What about the northern side?" Commander Tano interjected with a little bit of attitude coming from her question.

"We'll have Commander Cody and General Kenobi move their forces to the northern side once we are in position for the attack." I responded to her as I marked the location of where each of our forces would be attacking. Including myself.

"We've established a connection with Admiral Yularen." Captain Rex informed General Skywalker as Admiral Yularen appeared on display.

"Admiral, we're at the breaking point. You've got to get some fighters down here." General Skywalker ordered while we were all watching the landing zone barely hanging on from what we could see.

"You're in luck, General Skywalker. I have one squadron available."

"Send them down Admiral Yularen." The call ended for us to turn and face General Skywalker.

"Let's not keep Obi Wan waiting." General Skywalker unsheathed his lightsaber along with Commander Tano.

"Master Mundi, I just called in the air strike. Meet us at the landing site." General Skywalker told him for us to begin following the General.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

1.5K 64 11
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥𝙏𝙊 𝙒𝙄𝙉 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙍 𝙃𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙏 [ 𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒔 ] ━━━━━━━━━━ ╰┈➤ 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐭�...
39.8K 1.6K 38
One little princess, mute from birth, finds herself absolutely awestruck in the presence of the 501st clone medic, kix. But with the ongoing war and...
1.6K 65 30
Star Wars the Clone Wars Fanfiction, Mostly Focused on female OC and Captain Rex, and their experience falling in love, but also telling the growth o...
134 6 15
After a job provided by Rex goes wrong, the batch discover something about one of their own that they never knew. This infomation soon comes to haunt...