Outlander

By inkandanalysis

Enter the thrilling world of Rivia Jones, a brilliant surgeon at the height of her career. But her life takes... More

Author's Note
Soulmate
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Author's Note
Sequel

Chapter 38

3.9K 153 18
By inkandanalysis

As the three of them were busy, I decided to get food and drinks for them, I was on my way back when I heard a gunshot and glass shattering. I quickly ran towards them seeing as they started to fight.

Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ

Thor enters and hits the cradle with his hammer, sending a powerful bolt of lightning through it that brings the body to life. Covering my eyes as the cradle exploded.

Vision launches himself at Thor, who throws him at a window, but he catches himself right before hitting it. Teleporting towards him as all of them went alert.

"Vision." I called, he turned and landed beside me, "I'm sorry, that was...odd." He said as everyone gathered around him, turning towards Thor, "Thank you." He spoke, a cape appearing on his back.

"RJ." Vision greeted, earning confused looks from everyone, "Welcome." I replied.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that." Thor stated, pointing to the gem on Vision's forehead.

"What? The gem?" Bruce asked, "Mind Stone." I voiced out, Thor nodded his head, "It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." He said.

"Then why would you bring it to..." interrupting Steve, "Because Tony is right." Thor said, "Oh, it's definitely the end times." Bruce commented.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." Thor said, "Not alone." Vision stated, "Why does your vision sound like Jarvis?" Steve asked.

"We... reconfigured Jarvis' matrix to create something new." Tony answered, "I think I've had my fill of new." Steve said, Thor strides towards me, smiling at him as he snaked his hands on my waist pulling me closer to him.

"I'm not Ultron. I'm not Jarvis. I am... I am." Vision said, "You are different. You are you, Vis." I said, he looked at me and smiled a little.

"I looked in your head and saw annihilation." Wanda stated, "Look again." Vision said, "Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me." Clint commented.

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..." interrupting Thor, "Is it? Are you? On our side?" Steve asked.

"I don't think it's that simple." Vision replied, "I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all." He added.

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asked, "You." Vision answered, looking at him, "Where?" Bruce asked, "Sokovia. He's got Nat there too." Clint stated.

"If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..." Bruce said, "What will you do?" Vision asked as he looked around, "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now." Vision started.

"And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." He added, holding up Thor's hammer as everyone stares in shock while I stifle a laugh looking at their faces.

Thor takes it as Vision walks off, "Right. Well done." Thor said, patting Tony on the shoulder.

"Three minutes. Get what you need." Steve said, nodding my head, Thor placed a kiss on the back of my hand as he lifted me up and carried me towards a room.

Sitting down as he settles me on his lap, straddling him my hands on both of his cheeks and smile at him, "Are you hurt?" I asked, shaking his head as he hugged me.

"I missed you so much, my queen. I'm sorry for walking away without bidding you goodbye." He started, placing a kiss on his forehead, eyes, and cheeks.

Thor leaned more towards my touch, "It's okay. You have to find answers, love. As long as you're not hurt. As long as you'll come back to me, to us. I'm okay with that." I replied as we shared a kiss and hugged afterwards.

As I quickly made a detour towards where the twins are, Wanda is already wearing Nat's jacket.

"You look good with that." I said, earning both of their attention. "I'm glad you're both okay." I added as Wanda stared at me, meeting her eyes.

"You can't read my mind, sweetie." I stated, her eyes widened as I smiled at her, "Why do you know our names?" Pietro asked, looking at me cautiously.

"As I said when we met, I won't hurt you. As to why I know your names, you encountered my soulmates back in Sokovia." I answered, "Soulmates?" Wanda asked, lifting my hand, letting them see my soulmark, both of them gasping.

"Are you mad at us for hurting them?" Wanda asked, shaking my head, "No, I'm not. Those guys need a beating sometimes." I answered, Pietro chuckled.

"Come, we have to go." I said, they both nodded as I approached Bruce, Tony, and Steve.

"I have no plans tomorrow night." Steve said, smirking at me as I rolled my eyes at him as he pulled me closer to him, hugging my waist as I stood next to him.

"I got my first crack at the big guy. Iron Man's the one he's waiting for." Tony said, "That's true, he hates you the most." Vision said as he walked past us.

A chuckle escapes my lips seeing how offended Tony is, "Someone got a hater." I commented as he rolled his eyes.

As we embark the jet, giving the twins some comms, "Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out." Steve said.

"I can do that." I said, earning a chorus of disagreement from my soulmates, "Enough. I can teleport. Wanda and Pietro can help me with it." I added with finality as they exhaled a sigh.

Arriving at Sokovia, Pietro starts to speed inside the buildings to get them to evacuate. As for Wanda and I, smiling at her, noticing how nervous she was.

"Don't push yourself too hard. I'm here to help you. We can do this." I said, earning a small smile from her as she uses her mind powers on the people of Sokovia to get them to evacuate.

Exhaling a breath, this was my first time using my mind magic on a large scale, closing my eyes as I try to find and connect the minds of the people. It was hard at first but eventually I got used to it.

A curse escapes my lips as Ultron's army of robots emerges from the ground and starts attacking the city while everyone is evacuating.

"Wanda!" I cried, seeing her get hit by one of the robots, "Oi, you there. It's bad shooting a beautiful lady." I said, teleporting in front as I grabbed my dagger and stabbed its neck, dragged and beheading it at the same time.

"Didn't that robot teach you manners?" I asked as I continued to fight. "Oh, he looks cool." I mumbled, seeing Pietro speed past the robots.

As the ground around the Sokovia starts to crack, "That bastard activated the core." I mumbled, feeling Sokovia rising into the air.

"The rest of us have one job: tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed, walk it off." Steve's voice rang through the comms.

As much as I hate him talking about someone's possibility of being killed... halting my steps as I remembered what happened to Pietro. My breath hitched as my hands started to sweat.

I already changed the future. How about adding one more.

"Hulk!" I called, excitedly waving my hand at him, Hulk grinned and approached me as he patted my head, gently. "Hulk soulmate. Hurt don't." He said, smiling at him as I nodded my head.

"Be sure not to get hurt also, baby." I replied as Hulk goes off smashing robots. Teleporting towards the building where I remembered Clint and Wanda got trapped.

Ultron's robots surrounded the area as I started to teleport behind them, stabbing and beheading each of them.

This is fun.

As I eventually cleared the area out, obtaining a few scratches, I walked towards the door I was about to kick it open when I heard Clint give Wanda some inspirational advice.

"Stay in here, you're good, I'll send your brother to come find you, but if you step out that door, you are an Avenger." Clint said, proceeding to kick the door open, Clint aimed his arrow at me.

"Alright, good chat." I muttered, turning towards Clint, "Nice advice, sunshine." I said, winking at him as he shakes his head and chuckles. As I looked at Wanda, "Don't push your weaknesses, play with your strengths." I stated and smiled at her.

Helping him stand up, Clint and I nodded at each other as we headed out seeing another wave of robots coming. As both of us fought off the robots, hissing feeling an object grazed my arm. Clint dragged me behind the car, Wanda came out of the building and started to use her powers on the robots to destroy them.

"She's cool." I gushed, lightly nudging his shoulder, Clint shakes his head, "We're all clear here." I said, "We are not clear! We are very not clear!" Steve replied.

"Alright, coming to you." Clint said, Pietro speeds in, picks up Wanda, leaving both of us behind, "Keep up old man!" Pietro teased.

A laugh escapes from me, "Old man." I mumbled, covering my mouth with my hand, "Remember the last time you said that? You couldn't walk for almost a week." He said, effectively making me shut my mouth as my face slowly started to heat up.

"Thought so." Clint said and smirked at me as he intertwined our hands and placed a kiss on the back of my hand. Both of us arrived where the twins were, enough for me to see Pietro giving an officer a look.

Teleporting in front of him, his eyes widened, "Stay still." I said and quickly healed his arm, "Be careful." I added, patted his shoulder and teleported beside Clint.

"There's worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?" Natasha asked as Clint and I teleported in front of them.

"No one is dying on my watch." I quickly said as I ran towards Natasha, the latter engulfing me in a tight hug. "Are you okay?" I asked as I let my eyes check her. Quickly healing her busted lips and some minor injuries.

"I can't guarantee that no one is dying, Ms. Jones." Fury's voice rang over the comms, the Helicarrier showed up, "Nice, right? I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do." He added.

"Fury, you son of a bitch." Steve said, "Oooh! You kiss your soulmates with that mouth?" Fury countered, "Not only kiss." I mumble, a chuckle escaped my lips as we watched the lifeboats fly towards us.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D.?" Pietro asked, "Supposed to be." I replied, "Not so bad." Pietro said, "Right?" I muttered, patting his shoulder and smiled at him, "Let's load 'em up." Steve ordered, "Aye, aye, captain." I replied, Steve shakes his head with a smile on his lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.4K 2K 14
You and your best friend Mari find yourselves stuck in what looks like an alternative universe, the mcu seems to be taking place around you, and whil...
18K 678 20
Rivia has been reborn as Davia, consumed by a burning desire for revenge. Along the way, she meets The Avengers, who seem to hold a possessive grip o...
62.5K 959 35
Welcome to my book! I recommend reading down at the bottom for the better more developed chapters. Unless you really want to see my drastic improveme...
1.3M 35.6K 34
Ava Welters isn't a hero. All she wants is to attend college at NYU with her swimming scholarship and as a result leave her abusive father who has be...