Corpse Groom

By thelittleblackghost

Male Emily x Female Reader (Y/n) = Your Name (H/l) = Hair Length (H/c) = Hair Color (E/c) = Eye Color (S/c)... More

Chapter 1: According to Plan
Chapter 2: First Meeting
Chapter 4: Accidental Marriage
Chapter 5: The Corpse Groom
Chapter 6: Getting Acquainted
Chapter 7: Going Upstairs
Chapter 8: The Misunderstanding
Chapter 9: A New Arrangement
Chapter 10: New Arrival
Chapter 11: A Wedding!
Chapter 12: Second Thoughts
Chapter 13: The End

Chapter 3: Rehearsal Disaster

11.7K 490 113
By thelittleblackghost

——————————💀——————————

THREE HOURS LATER...

"Miss Everglot, from the beginning. Again." The Pastor groaned. "'With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way in darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.' Let's try it again." He glared at her.

"Yes. Yes, sir." She squeaked.

Both families were now at watching as the two practiced their vows for their wedding. Victor and (Y/n) stood on one side of a table holding candles while Pastor Galswells was standing on the other side.

"With this candle..." (Y/n) tried to light her candle by connecting it to the bigger candle on the table, but it wouldn't light. "This candle...This candle..." she kept trying, but it wouldn't light.

She started to get nervous, because everyone was watching her fail. She looked over to her parents who were glaring at her, and Victoria tried to give her and encouraging smile. Pastor Galswells cleared his throat and she looked back and saw her candle was lit.

"With this candle..." she let out a nervous sigh, and accidentally blew her candle out.

"Continue!" Pastor Galswells snapped at her, as the doorbell rang.

"Get the door." Lord Everglot told the butler.

"Let's just pick it up at the candle bit."

The butler came over to Lord Everglot and handed him a card. "A Lord and Lady Barkis, sir."

"We haven't a head for dates." A man announced as he entered the room, a woman following right behind him. "Apparently, my sister and I are a day early for the ceremony."

They both looked prim and proper with their fancy clothes and yet (Y/n) couldn't help the shiver that ran down her spine when she looked at them.

"Are they from your side of the family?" Lord Everglot whispered to his wife.

"I can't recall." She snapped her fingers at the butler. "A seat for Lord and Lady Barkis."

The butler pulled up two seats and the siblings sat down. Victor and (Y/n) looked at them oddly. Victor's gaze sliding over to Victoria

"Do carry on." Lady Barkis said, waving her hand.

"Let's move on to Master Van Dort's vows, shall we?"

"Yes sir. Certainly." Victor replied, snapping back to attention.

Victor reached over and lit (Y/n)'s candle for her and she gave him a grateful smile.

Victor raised his left hand.

"Right." Pastor Galswells told him.

"Right." He nodded.

"No! Right!" He yelled.

"Oh!" Victor moved his candle to his left hand and raised his right hand. "With this...this..."

"Hand." The pastor rolled his eyes.

"With this hand..." Victor held out his hand for (Y/n) and she took it. The two stepped forward and Victor glanced over at Victoria and stepped too far and bumped into the table.

"Three steps! Three!" Pastor reminded him.

(Y/n) had noticed Victors gaze on his sister and looked over at her to see her blushing.

"Can you not count? Do you not wish to be married, Master Van Dort?"

"No! No!" Victor defended.

"You do not?" (Y/n) asked.

"No! I meant, no, I do not not wish to be married. That is, I want very much to - Ow!"

"Ow!"

Pastor Galswells hit them both on the head with his staff. "Pay attention! Have you even remembered to bring the ring?"

"The ring? Yes, of course." Victor pulled out two rings and handed one to (Y/n).

(Y/n) held it within her shaking fingers, causing her to drop it.

"Dropping the ring! This girl does not want to be married!" Pastor Galswells exclaimed.

(Y/n) and Victor rushed after the ring she had dropped. It rolled under Lady Everglot's dress and Victor reached under it to grab the ring, as Lady Everglot gasped.

"Excuse me. Got it!"

Victor stood up, holding the ring and knocked into (Y/n) who accidentally dropped her candle onto her mother's dress, setting it on fire, and the room erupted into chaos.

"Out of the way, you stupid girl!" Lord Everglot pushed (Y/n) out of the way and began stomping on his wife's dress to put the fire out.

"Giddy on, there's a woman on fire!"

"Help!"

"Emergency!"

"Oh, I hope it doesn't stain." Victor's mother said, fanning the fire.

"Stop fanning it you fool!"

"Get a bucket! Get a bucket!"

"I'm on my way dear. Yes."

"Oh dear!"

Lord Barkis held out a glass of wine and poured it onto Lady Everglot's flaming dress, extinguishing it. He then effortlessly tossed the cup onto a tray and everyone stared at him in awe.

"Enough!" Pastor Galswells interrupted. "This wedding cannot properly take place until these two are properly prepared."

Pastor Galswells and the rest of the room turned to face (Y/n) and Victor, just as he handed her her ring back.

"You two...Learn your vows!" Pastor Galswells said sinisterly.

The whole room glared at the couple, and (Y/n) couldn't take it anymore. Tears welled up into her eyes and she rushed out of the room, trying not to cry.

"Well, she's quite a catch isn't she?" Lady Barkis said snobbishly.

"Yes, it's such a shame she's so pretty and yet so clumsy." Lord Barkis added.

Everyone left the room except for Victoria and Victor. Victoria glanced over at Victor who had his head down in shame. She approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder. Victor jumped a bit and looked down at her.

"I could help you practice your vows if you'd like, Victor." She offered.

"Oh, thank you Miss. Victoria. I would very much appreciate that. Um...is your sister going to be alright?"

"I think so. She's a wonderful person, but she just gets terribly nervous sometimes, especially around our parents." Victoria glanced down at the floor. "She just needs some time alone to collect her thoughts, that's all."

Victor nodded in understanding. "Well, if I'm going to learn my vows by tomorrow, we should probably start practicing now." Victor said, his cheeks turning pink.

Victoria blushed as well. "Right. Well, we could go to the local library. It's usually empty and you won't have to endure the glares of our families."

"That's sounds wonderful." Victor held out his arm for her and she took it and the two set off for the library.

——————————💀——————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Brave By Boo!

Fanfiction

329K 11.3K 17
Male Merida x Female Reader (Y/n) = Your Name (H/l) = Hair length (H/c) = Hair color (E/c) = Eye Color (S/c) = Skin Color I OWN NOTHING!!! ALL RIGHTS...
Wednesday By Boo!

Fanfiction

2.2M 87K 71
Male Wednesday x Female Reader Based on the Netflix TV Series: Wednesday (Y/n) = Your Name (L/n) = Last Name (H/l) = Hair Length (H/c) = Hair Color (...
230K 10.9K 13
Male Maleficent x Female Reader Based off the Disney movie Maleficent (Y/n) = Your Name (L/n) = Last Name (H/l) = Hair Length (H/c) = Hair Color (E/c...
301K 9.8K 14
Male Mavis x Female Reader Based on the movie Hotel Transylvania 2 (Y/n) = Your Name (H/l) = Hair Length (H/c) = Hair Color (E/c) = Eye Color (S/c) =...