Misery Loves Company

Par superskyshaymin

the story follows a full dive VRMMO player usernamed Raizyx and his summoning animal, Raven through the count... Plus

Information
Chapter 2: Planning stages
Chapter 3: Sub-Tyrannical Menace
Chapter 4: The science of battle
Chapter 5: At what cost

Chapter 1: The Boy in the black hood

11 1 0
Par superskyshaymin

One day, a woman was levitating over a forest looking at a town in annoyance. This woman had long red hair, as well as a long black dress. One could say that she was very attractive.

"That mortal imbecile! Can anyone on this backwater planet do anything right? I should have known that elven nitwit was too soft-hearted to do it. Oh well, I'll smite her later. A fool like that isn't worth any more of my time." The woman then turns away, floating from the village that she initially wanted to destroy.

"Hmm. I still have to wait a month for that scientist to finish my golems. So what should I do until then? I could go explore the ocean again since I only covered just over the continental shelf. Besides, a large portion of this planet is ocean anyway. There is a big chance that the infinity blade is underwater somewhere. Not only that but down there no one can bother me. I won't have to deal with incompetence like that stupid elf anymor-."

as she contemplates to herself, a strange light appears in the forest underbrush. "Now what could that be? Hmmm, whatever it is, hope it could occupy me for a spell at least.''

She sees a hooded figure in a black cloak with a strange weapon, covered in bandages, attached to their back. She is surprised that she can't identify the face inside the hood.

"that's odd. It's just darkness inside that hood of theirs. And what is that thing that they are carrying? It looks kinda like an ax but... that back part... Hehe, whoever gave them that dysfunctional thing was probably a great swindler I must say." she smirks to herself in amusement but that smirk quickly turns into a gaping maw of amazement when she sees the figure blast off in a black electrical blur. "What in the-!? My, my. This could be interesting after all" she giggles to herself as she flies after them.

Earlier

A black bolt could be seen zipping across a jungle. Bouncing from tree to tree at ludicrous velocities until it travels over a waterfall. This waterfall spilled into a lake that was surrounded on all sides by cliffs with one river leading out of it. In the middle of this body of water lies a little island with a big old tree on it. The bolt rapidly descends onto this island, landing on it with great force. Once it lands the figure can be seen in its place. This figure was an adolescent male. He had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes while wearing a black cloak with an emblem on the back. This emblem had two odd-looking keys crossed together with a thunderbolt over them both all within a metallic grey star, but that was difficult to see thanks to this hammer/ax hybrid weapon being carried on top of the emblem. The young man looked around.

"This looks like a good spot to start labbing you, huh Raven?" He says. In response, this blackbird pops out of his hood and hops onto the sand. It looks at him then starts to open its beak as a woman's voice comes out of it instead of chirps and squawks.

"How many times do I have to tell you it's not called labbing. It's called training y'know."

"yes, I know. But I'm still not going to call it that."

"Why?"

"because I don't need or want to and I know it irritates you." The boy said with a cocky smirk. When he looks back at where the bird was, a woman is there instead.

She had red eyes and long wild black hair with a little cowlick on the top of her head. She wore a red and black kimono-like skirt with a single-edged sword at her waist.

"Of course you do. *sigh.* What am I going to do with you." the woman remarks as the boy walks around the island.

"Actually shouldn't I be the one saying that since I'm training you?" the boy slyly uttered as he walked up to the giant tree.

"Haha, very funny Raizyx. But do you really think you lost him."

"umm well, you see statistics say that umm-" "you don't know do you?" Raven remarked with a smirk of her own as she waited for her companion to answer.

"Ehhhhh no."

"thought so"

"shut up." Raizyx's weepy remark caused her to giggle as they investigated this small landmass.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Raven asked as she watched him poke at the tree.

"Umm nothing" Raizyx answers suspiciously. Raven could tell that he was clearly hiding something so she walks up to see what he was doing only to see a bunch of writing.

"What is this?" she comments

"directions," Raizyx replied.

"Directions to what? Your poor excuse of a plan to elude Snake eyes?"

"No. and it was a good plan"

"you call that a good plan? Please. I've seen better plans come from Modi. If that was a good plan then you need to quit while you're behind."

"Aye man! I take offense to that!"

"Good you should. by understanding that, there's still hope for you." Raizyx looks at Raven with an unamused expression as she chuckles and then continues reading the text on the tree.

"The gate to new horizons is always open to those who are willing to give up some of what allows them to traverse there last." Raven raised an eyebrow after hearing that.

"Wait, what?" Raizyx then looks up and sees a holographic screen pop up. Mission: call to Novia. Accept? Y/N After seeing his expression she asks.

"Raizyx what's the matter" he then replies with

"well it seems that this tree functions as an Interdimensional portal"

"oh. Let me guess. Some weird thing that only you fairy-natives can see told you?" Raven annoyingly implies.

"Yep," Raizyx states smugly.

"Of course it is." she mutters rolling her eyes in the process. The young man then gets up and says with vigor

"ahh just as planned. You ready to go interloping?" his companion looks up at him with half-open eyes and a frown.

"I don't have a choice, do I?" she asked. "Hehe nope." He answers with a smile etched across his face.

Current time

Raizyx and Raven walk out of the same tree but walk into a different place. Instead of a tropical jungle, they arrive in a dense temperate forest.

"Yikes. It took my Illusions and my keyblades? Even though I still have my alchemy, that price was stupid steep!" Raizyx announces. Raven put her right hand on her hip and leans to the same side.

"I swear, that fairy-vision or whatever it is that you natives have is too advantageous. I mean really? You know what items and powers you have without even testing if they work or checking if you even have them."

"Well, I physically checked if my pocket watch is gone"

"no you didn't." Raven eyes then track her companion's hand as he motions to his belt, showing that his pocket watch is still there.

"That doesn't count."

"why."

"because it's on your waist. You can always see it. I promise you would be nothing without those mystical eyes of yours" Raven stated as she closed her eyes and raised her chin at him. To which he smirked mischievously

"what's the matter birdy? Jealous much?" Raizyx voiced smugly

"what?! No!" Raven replied as she opened her eyes again. She then notices that Raizyx didn't have his Ax.

"Hey lightning thief, where's your thunderbolt." she asked.

"Which one? My godslayer powers or Stormbreaker?"

"Both."

"Yeah Nah I got both" he vocalizes along with taking the hammer/ax out of his cloak to show her.

"Ok so you have it but why is it covered up like that" Raven Questioned. Raizyx looks at his weapon and notices that there were tape-like bandages wrapped all over it.

"I dunno. Probably to conceal it from juggernauts that prowl around in this world."

"Juggernauts huh? Like Quake?"

"eh probably weaker, but still dangerous."

"so we should probably conceal ourselves too. Well, this is a good thing now you finally get some use out of that cloak of yours."

"welp I guess you're right with that one. Time to become a nobody." Raizyx zips up his coat and flips up the hood, his face disappearing in the darkness, unseeable from any angle. As he does this a bird hops on his shoulder as he walks out of the tree.

"Can you smell me?" he asks, to which the bird replies.

"Nope. not at all. Guess this thing was more than a fashion statement after all." Raizyx looks around. After that, he comes out with.

"Alright then. You know what to do."

"Indeed I do. Remember to pull your own weight, yeah? I can't save you from everything."

''Right back at you." Raven takes off as Raizyx descends into the forest, turning into a black bolt of lightning as he accelerates from tree to tree.

A woman as she hovered above the woodland landscape, following the bolt as it zoomed through the woodland canopies.

"Oh my. To think that something on this bumpkin Planet could move that fast. I must say that my interest has peaked. This mortal will be blessed by my presence soon enough. hopefully, they will be more competent than that dense elven girl." Even though she was watching this special individual, she was unaware that she herself was being watched by a certain bird.

Raven could see her plain as day since this woman was levitating above the treetops. Her godslayer senses went off. Having The figure flash a white in her eyes Indicated the stranger's divinity. She also noticed that she was following Raizyx from above. She acts on this knowledge by communicating with her partner via telepathy.

"Hey. You know you're being followed right?"

"I am? Who and Where?"

"5 o'clock high. She's Devine."

"Devine huh? *sigh*, of course, it's a god. Why me." Raizyx whines.

"What's the plan? She seems fixated on you. Do you think she knows you're a godslayer?" Raven questions.

"I doubt it's the only thing that could link me to Thor is my scent which is hidden right now."

"It could be your speed that she's interested in."

"Hmmm, you might have a point. Guess there's one way to find out. Raven, is there an open space near here?" The Black Bird begins to glide. Scanning for a place of interest. It is not long before something catches her eye.

"You need an open space right?"

"uhh yeah. That's what I just said."

" Yeah, I heard you. Does a beach work?"

"A beach? Well, I guess that could work. I mean it is open. Alright, where is it?"

"It's west of here. Turn 30 degrees to the right and you'll reach it."

"Alright let's make it happen!"

Raizyx ends the conversation after which it corrects his heading and then accelerates towards the designated area. The trailing goddess was astonished at the relatively drastic change in velocity.

"Oh my. Now, where do you think you're going?" She giggles maliciously while continuing to stalk him from the air.

Within seconds, Raizyx bolts from the treeline. Landing on two feet and one hand. Sliding 20 feet across the sand. This 3-point touchdown causes him to rotate 180 degrees as he skids through the dunes. looking at the cliffside further down the beach and the giant rock face just beyond the shoreline in the process. He then stands up straight, he asks. "I'm here Raven. Where's the contact?" the sound of his companion's voice echoes a reply in his head.

"She's slowed down at the forest edge. She's probably suspicious."

"Ok, then what's the plan?"

"Well, you could act inconspicuously. Y'know, be the prey. It should be easy for you since you've practiced that roll so much."

"Low blow dude. Low blow." Raizyx frowns at that reasoning as Raven giggles to herself as she finds a perch to watch the incoming events unfold.

Meanwhile. The goddess that was watching them carefully lumbers out of the canopy only to find out that the figure of interest had become stationary.

"It's just walking around now. It could be lost like that elven nitwit was. If that's the case then it could be just as stupid as her too. Only time will tell. Let's just see if there is some other value to it since its intellect is obviously out of the question." she deduces while hovering over the treeline. The more time that passes, the more impatient Raizyx grows.

"She still hasn't come down yet. It's already been 7 minutes." He says to Raven.

"Be patient. She'll either come down or leave us alone. Either way, we win."

"If we win both ways then what's the point of waiting."

"The point of waiting is-. wait! hold on! Raizyx? what are you doing!"

"getting answers"

"Wait, what!? No, don't!" Raven commands but to no avail. Raizyx walks across the beach towards the strange lady's location. When he gets within range he greets her.

"Yo lady. Are you gonna come down or not? It's not nice to hide from people. Or productive for that matter. So how about you come on down and help out an explorer that lost his way. Eh?"

The Woman was quite surprised by Raizyx's opening dialogue. Thinking to herself,

"it actually approached me? Well, this is unexpected. This might be interesting after all." she then responded. "Well, I might as well humor you um... explorer." Raizyx's hooded head moved back then judged forward a while he sways and leans to the side.

"See? So you can talk. That wasn't so hard now eh?" The woman looked at him strangely. She was visibly annoyed at his comment.

"So it thinks it's funny? Of course, today would be the day when I have to deal with fools and this one is a child no less. *Sigh*. Yes, I can speak. I honestly should have been the one asking you that question given your position." The woman commented. She glided down to the surface. She then looks him over walking around him. She touches parts of his body much to his discomfort. She also examines his weapon that's wrapped in bandages.

"My my what a useless piece of scrap. Whatever blacksmith made this was either a talentless novice or a con-man. Now boy. Take that stupid hood off so I can get a good look at you." She commands

"yeah sorry but no. The hood stays." He replies

"Excuse me." She retorts.

"Eh, you know how it is. I'm not the most extroverted person in the ballroom y' know. Besides, I don't even know who you are. Introductions should be the first thing exchanged when meeting new people you know." Raizyx says while stepping back. he then shrugged as he leans slightly to his left side. The woman looked at him and thought.

"This idiot can't be serious. Of all the days. Wait a moment. This is strange. He's facing me directly but I can't see his face. It's nothing but darkness inside that hood. Who is this child? I suppose I can humor you, child. My name is Miser- I-I mean you can call me goddess M." Raizyx then thinks to himself

"Goddess M, huh? Great job at hiding your divinity lady. Wonder how long it took her to come up with that one?" Raven then comments on these thoughts.

"Well what did you expect? She's a goddess. She's probably used to being worshipped and pampered. Not hiding from the masses."

"Yeah you got a point there"

"don't I always?"

"No"

"Oh shut up. Anyway, judging from her attitude, she doesn't seem to be patient."

"Yeah. I noticed. I wanna see how humble or not so humble she 'really' is." Raizyx begins to vocalize. "That's better. Now I have something that I can use to Address you besides 'you' or 'lady'. It feels great doesn't it!" He said, puffing his chest out while clasping his hands together in contentment.

Goddess M frowns at him

"Oh yes, it does...not matter. Do not patronize me, swine or you will regret it."

"Whoa, that's harsh. I was just asking if it felt good."

"I will not entertain this any further. You will answer my question now. Who are you? How were you able to move that fast in the forest? And why won't you take off that blasted hood!?" Goddess M was visibly irritated and quickly became impatient. She slowly closed the very short distance between them. Pressing her presence upon him.

"Whoa whoa whoa. Cool your jets there buddy. That's a lot of questions" Raizyx said, backing up with his hands in front of him, trying to counter her advances.

"I'm not your "buddy" and I only asked three questions. Now answer!" She commanded. They moved a couple of dozen feet across the beach before stopping. Raizyx then spoke.

"Alright, alright. I was gonna answer anyway, just cool it."

"So you think you're in a position to give me orders!? This insolence will not be tolerated! Give me what I seek no-."

"You know what. No. Maybe I would have if you just asked nicely!" Goddess M eyes started to glow a deep violet as she raised her voice in anger only for her to rear back at Raizyx's startling reply.

"You know things would be a lot easier for you if you actually listened to the people you look down on instead of just off'ing them outright! What does that even accomplish, huh?! Short-term satisfaction and the salvaging of your pride? But what do you lose? Respect, favor, love & affection. That and whatever else you were wanting to gain by talking to them in the first place! I swear all you gods are the same in that they ya'll don't even know how to do you dang jo- AAAAHHHHH!"

Raizyx screams out in pain as he is engulfed in black flames.

"Did it feel good? Was all that barking worth forfeiting that sad excuse of an existence that you call a life, mutt? Hmph, you should have known your place and did as your goddess asked. Oh well, this realm really is better off without wretched scum like you skulking around in it." She turned around and began to walk away with her chin held high as Raven looked in horror.

"Raizyx NO!" But before she could act a loud crack of thunder reverberated off the cape that they were next to. It was then followed by the sound of fire subsiding. "Hmm?" Goddess M's confused expression transformed into utter disbelief upon turning around to where the flames once were. In their place stood a slightly burnt, un-hooded Raizyx covered in smoke and some black electrical sparks.

"...Ow." He said as he scowled at her. She could see his narrowed ocean blue eyes and wild spiky blonde hair. She could also see the reefed crown atop his head joined together by the jewel centered upon his temple.

"Oh, thank goodness you're ok. Do you need anything from me? I can help you fight her off." Raven telecommunicated with him. Relieved that he was still standing.

"Nah I'm fine... relatively. Just stay right there. I have an agenda to push with this lady." he responds.

Goddess M begins to utter words incoherently. "How did you-? But you were-. And then- you are supposed to be dead! Groveling in dirt and waves in agony! Screaming and pleading for me to give you mercy! How are you still standing here mortal!? Answer me!" She bellows to which he responds.

"No. You had your chance to get answers but You chose to try and murder me instead! This is why we can't have nice things. Cause gods like you wanna be babies and throw temper tantrums as soon as you see that things aren't going their way. You call me a wretch!? At least I know how to show compassion, you useless goddess! I promise you, on Fate. One of these days you're gonna tick off the wrong one and when you do, you're gonna get bodied." Raizyx vocalized this while brushing himself off before walking away from her.

"You were right Raven. I should have just waited for her to just get bored and leave."

"Hehe. I told you so."

"yeah yeah yeah whatever. I'm sorry that I ever doubted you and all that Jazz. "

"Heh about time. Oh well, you can thank me later by feeding me. I don't know about you but I'm really craving some deer meat, oh oh, and that thing that you fairies have. What is it, marshmallows? Yeah, marshmallows."

"Gosh, you're greedy. I'll think about it."

"No thinking, you owe me."

"They both begin to chuckle until they hear a loud "WHAT!" Raizyx then frowns.

"Oh for the love of-." He turns around as he sees that the lady that he just told off is fuming. Literally. Smoke is coming off of her person. Sand and water are being forced away from her as she starts to ascend into the air. Her eyes Begin to gleam crimson red as she begins to unleash an unworldly bellow.

"You Dare Disrespect ME!? A GOD. You impudent Ingrate! How DARE you talk to me in this manner! To refer to ME as a mere BABE from your insignificant species! To call ME USELESS! To tell ME that I do not know compassion! You do not know what I have been through nor can you comprehend my motives! I have more compassion than you could EVER dream to fathom. But none will be spared for scummy pieces of SHIT like you! You are a mere INSECT compared to me! To call me useless when you have never had any value at any point in your pitiful bottom-feeding existence. KNOW YOU PLACE MONGREL!!! You should be kissing my feet for me even giving you the chance to SPEAK to me at all! To talk to me in this way is blasphemy! I, THE GODDESS Misery shall Purge you from all existence!" With all that said, the body exploded.

rearranging itself into something truly un-holy. Her bones pulled themselves together and started to form together. The bones are first piled together to make large claw-like hands. But more bones started to appear around it to form some sort of skeleton. After that flesh and blood are wrapped around the body. Making it more clear that the thing had a very large open mouth. Sharp twisted metal appeared in the mouth, each point the size of a great sword. The flesh on it appeared mostly rotted, allowing people to see inside its ribs. The top of its head had two back horns, while black fire covered the weird bone arms. Blazing blue fire seemed to line a lot of its body, and once it was done it let out a powerful screech. Raizyx looks at her with his eyes half open and mumbles to himself.

"A dragon? She can turn into a flipping dragon? You can't be serious about this. Why? Why do I have to deal with all the difficult ones? Gosh, I wish I had Neptune's people-luck sometimes. Whoa!" He then quickly steps out of the way of the incoming torrent of blue flames originating from the dragon's mouth. Raizyx looks at the fire passing him by. He swivels his head to the being that expelled them.

"Alright now you listen to me! woman! I literally do not have the patience to deal with you right now! If you couldn't take me out with the first bonfire what makes you think that another one will work. I'm warning you, lady. You're at strike two right now. If you try that mess one more time, you better hope and pray to yourself and/or your parents that I don't get back up because if I do then the day I foretold will come to pa-."

An orb of darkness envelopes Raizyx right before he finishes his statement. The dragon then smirked in satisfaction as the fires from her second attack disappeared from her snout.

"Sphere of darkness. Ahh, That's better. The mongrel sure did yap a lot. It was honestly the dumbest thing I've ever seen. It's also one of the more stubborn things as well. It clung to life Much like a cockroach but alas it was fated for nothing but cinders." Goddess M voices as white flames appear inside of the black orb. A couple of seconds go by before the ball rumbles, ruptures, and explodes in a fit of bolts and thunder. Revealing a scorched and furious Raizyx.

"RRRRAAAAAHHHHHHH! THAT DOES IT! YOU'RE GOING DOWN!!!" he bellows as he throws his head back while extending his limbs to their limit of their range. Black Lightning discharges out from his body. Goddess M is Dumbfounded. Her jaw gaped open as the dragon's eye sockets are fixated on the feat unfolding before them

"What?! How?!" she muttered as the child took out the weapon that was attached to his back. It seemed to be the source of all of the electricity. He then Bolted forward. Entering striking range faster than the dragon could react.

"Lightning Gods... Hammer!" he whispered as Stormbreaker's shocklock unhinged, blasting apart the wraps by emitting black lightning right before he swings the hammer face into her decomposing underbelly as its piston ejects. This strike injects godslaying lightning directly into her body along with launching her into the nearby cape-side wall.

When she falls to the sand below, She screeches out in pain as she is instantly incapacitated and electrocuted. Raizyx then throws Stormbreaker into the cliff. It hits, causing Rocks to descend onto Goddess M's body. Raizyx, as singed and scorched as he was, recalls Stormbreaker to his hand as he walks towards her now immobilized body.

"There we go. That's should do it." He says as he steps onto her face and looks into her eye. "I told you so. Thanks for proving everything I said right. Misery was it? Yeah, that's what you called yourself when you entered your evil dragon mode. I'm just gonna assume that's your real name. Then again your name doesn't matter to me since I don't plan on meeting you again. Either way, you are in this state due to your own hubris. You have no one to blame but yourself for your own shortcomings at this moment. I've spared you simply out of the goodness of my heart so now you can say that you have felt some of the physical pain that you give to mortals and all of the compassion that you do not. Let this serve as a warning. If I see you negatively impact the mortal races again. Then I'll Erase you."

His fierce irises begin to glow a violet hue as he says this last part. The dragon then weakly replies

"How? How are you alive, Sphere of darkness should have incinerated you to atoms. How are you able to cause so much-. ugh*. Pain to me, a god. This makes no sense. It hurts. It hurts so much. Who? No, What are you?"

Raizyx then hops off of Misery's face while Raven lands on his arm then begins to move to his shoulder as he says

"who am I? Well, that's easy. I'm the person that can end you if you step outta line. I'm the Insurgent. As for what I am?" he turns back to glare at her, his eyes still glowing as he puts Stormbreaker back on his back. "I'm a Godslayer! Someone who's been tasked with hunting and killing evil gods. Don't make me do my job." Misery pupils shrink as she is overcome with fear from those words.

"God...Slayer? I've never heard of such a thing before. To think a mortal could damage a god. To think a mortal could kill a god. To think a mortal could kill me. To think that such power could exist in a mere child. This is preposterous. Unbelievable. Unbelieva-."

Misery passes out from the continuous pain and fear instilled in her by the lowly child that she underestimated. The same lowly child that walked off that beach victorious.

Chapter 1: The Boy in the black hood - End

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

354 31 34
Destiny knows how to play its cards Destined to either destroy the biggest evil or become the biggest evil it has been 500 years since that day the...
16.3K 239 27
Something is wrong with the dragon slayers at the Fairy tail guild but non of the girls have time to investigate whats happing because Master has di...
8.5K 226 33
In time and millennia across the multiverse, The Fierce Deity and Majora has been at war for what it seems like endless, until they were sealed away...
2.9K 235 20
Okay, I'm not gonna drive my potential fans away with a boring Bio. And with that being said, let's get into this Sexy-Ass Intro... In a World... (Ye...