𝘚𝘡𝘳𝘒𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘌𝘯π˜₯𝘦𝘒...

By ACreativeIshHoe

She came from almost nothing and ended up with everything. You'd think he had everything, but it was practica... More

Character Info
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
This Is Not An Update, It's A Warning
Chapter 28
Sorry Y'all

Chapter 2

772 25 9
By ACreativeIshHoe

It was a regular morning. Navalia was sleeping in. She felt tired, as usual, and didn't plan on waking up till someone forced her.

Unfortunately, something forced her.

That something was Eda's staff, Owlbert, smacking her in the head.

"Ow! Edaaaa!!"

She threw her blankets off her, put on her slippers, and went downstairs holding the back of her head in pain. She stormed into the kitchen.

"Eda! You made Owlbert hit me and wake me up!"

"Shouldn't you have already been awake for school?"

They shared brief awkward eye contact. Then they burst out laughing. Luz blinked as she stood there awkwardly.

"I have no idea what's happening."

Navalia looked at her.

"Who are you?"

"You too?!"

"Ohh, so it wasn't a fever dream! Weird outfit."

"Thanks."

"Anyways, I'm going back to sleep."

Unfortunately, she didn't sleep for the amount of time she wanted. Eda burst into her room.

"Navi!"

"Sleeping!"

"Well stop it. I need you to head into town for this."

She dropped a drawing on her face.

"Is that the dagger thingy that rich people really want from the night market?"

"Kinda. It's a fake!"

"Then why would I steal it?"

"Cause it's mine. Someone took it from me since they also wanted to sell it to some dummy."

"Fiiine."

She got up to get ready for the day.

Navalia went splat against a window. The window of a room in the Blight estate, to be specific. Emira's room, to be more specific.

"Valia!"

Emira opened the window for her to climb inside.

"Do you not know how to use doors?"

"This is more fun. Part of my charm, y'know?"

"You're not wrong there. So to what do I owe this unexpected visit on a school day?"

"Hey, you're skipping too. But I require your and Edric's special products."

Edric suddenly bust in, clearly recently awakened from a nap.

"I've been preparing for this for a week!"

In no time, Ed and Em started presenting tools and items that Navalia would buy off them to use for crime. It was times like these that you could see the good similarity between them and their mom; the showmanship.

They sold her almost all their products, and for some good money, too. It was in their partnership contract to at they didn't ask questions about what Navalia was going to do with them, or why she would come dresses as a fantasy vigilante, so they just happily took the money.

After purchasing what she needed, Navalia said goodbye to the Blight twins and left to do her mission.

She flew into town. First, she searched the markets discreetly. She would easily be able to find the fake dagger if some schmuck was selling it at the regular market instead of waiting for the night market.

Somehow, there was such a schmuck.

"Behold! The legendary item of the night market! The rare Emerald Dagger!"

Some people gathered around to see it for themselves. Navalia thought it was a decent looking knockoff. As everyone started bidding on the dagger, Navalia teleported onto the building behind the store the dagger was being sold at.

"This calls for some illusion magic. Let's try these things out."

She pulled a couple of bracelets out of her bag and put them on. The twins said they were boosters, good for switching up different types of magic quickly.

"If I practice with these enough, I might be able to use two types at once!"

Navalia prepared to use illusion magic. She didn't even have to draw a circle, because the bracelets spat out green glowing ones that hovered around her wrists.

"Impressive. Now, let's see..."

She tested out some illusions. She made two cops appear beside her. Navalia had them march around saying random things for her before placing them in an alley and having them go towards the dagger bidding.

The fake was about to get sold when-

"Freeze!"

Upon seeing the authorities, the people ran away.

"Are you the owner of this shop?"

"Uh... yes."

"And you're selling this alleged Emerald Dagger?"

"Yup..."

"We're gonna have to see your permit, please."

"S-sure! It should be right under here- nyeh!"

The owner of the shop threw a brick at one of the illusion guards, but it just phased through.

"They're illusions!"

"That's my cue."

Navalia threw down a vial. When it hit the ground, the area was swept with pitch black smoke. She jumped down into it, snatched the dagger, and ran.

"The Maverick just stole from me! Someone stop her!"

The cry from the shop owner alerted the real authorities, who started chasing after her.

"I just can't escape quietly, can I?"

Navalia spotted a cabbage cart up ahead. She used magic to make it hover above the ground. She slid under it like a baseball player and made it crash into the cops chasing her.

"My cabbages!!"

"Sorry!"

She jumped onto her staff and got the hell out of there.

When Navalia arrived back home, Eda, Luz, and King had just arrived as well.

"How'd you guys spend the day?"

"We fought a guy who tricked me into thinking I was the main character and had a heartfelt moment at sunset. How about you?"

"I tricked, I stole, I ran from the authorities. The usual."

"Nice."

After about a week of having Luz live at the Owl House, Navalia still didn't particularly care. She heard she made friends with some kids at Hexide, but that wasn't something she cared about.

But she was impressed that Luz got banned from the school after just one visit.

Navalia, Luz, and King sat by the front door as Eda put up a force field to protect the house from the boiling rain that was coming down.

"A boiling rainstorm on the Boiling Isles. Weather here is fun!"

"So it really doesn't hurt when it rains in the human realm?"

"Mhm! Eda said you've gone before. Shouldn't you know?"

"Oh, I haven't gotten to see human rain during my visits. But I hope I get to. I like watching rain. I've always wanted to stand in it without getting third degree burns."

Eda finished up the force field. Luz sighed.

"Wow. I hope I get to be as cool as Eda the Owl Lady someday. Magical, sassy, surprisingly foxy for her age."

"You and me both, kid."

"Why do they call her the Owl Lady anyway?"

Eda smirked.

"Probably cause I'm so wise!"

"Hmm. I think it's because you always have owl feathers in your hair."

"I'm pretty sure it's because she coughs up rat bones, hoot!"

"I think it's because she gets distracted by shiny objects."

"Hey! I do not!"

King took out a pen with a light up plastic gemstone on the cap and turned it on. Eda gasped.

"It sparkles and shimmers and shines and delights! I must have it for my nest!!"

She jumped at it. Navalia picked up King, causing her to miss and fall on her face.

"Well I'm gonna go to my room for naps. If you need me, don't bother."

Navalia put King down and went inside. She went into her room and locked the door. She scrolled through her Penstagram- her first (ValiaNt<3) and second (Mavrik67) account- before doing one of the many assignments she had to do for school.

She may not exactly learn much in Hexide thanks to the rules on learning more than one type of magic, but sometimes review was good.

Plus, Navalia wanted to get decent grades in case she wanted to go to a witch college for parties and to corrupts some minds in the future.

She listened to some music while working, getting into a comfortable headspace. This made her want to be a little productive. The lights suddenly went out, but that didn't stop her.

Navalia cleaned up her room, made her bed, and threw out some of the trash. Before she could go to bed, she heard rapid but low knocking at the door.

"I told them not to bother me..."

She opened the door, instantly getting tackled by Luz and King.

"What the-?!"

"Shh! It's coming!"

Navalia poked her head out the door. Loud, booming steps were about to turn the corner towards her room.

"Shit..."

She turned off her music, grabbed Luz and King, and led them up to the garden tower. The Owl Beast/Eda caught up to them, but they hid and stayed out of sight.

Navalia created an illusion of the three of them running away to lead her away. Luz exhaled.

"Holy crap, did you see those eyes?! They were like hwaaa! What happened to Eda?"

"Well, long story short, she was cursed as a kid. We don't know who or what did it, but she's had it for thirty years. She always drank elixir to keep it in control, so I don't know why she's like this right now."

Luz and King sweat nervously.

"What did you do?"

"Uh... we sorta... stole the elixir hoping it would help me learn magic?"

Navalia sighed.

"Kid, what were you thinking?"

King stepped between them.

"It wasn't Luz. It was me... this is all my fault. I'm really sorry! I just wanted her to be as into demons as she was into magic... you know I don't have many friends or people to talk to, and nobody really pays that much attention to me."

"Oh, King."

Navalia and Luz hugged the little demon.

"As your big sister and roommate, we will spend more time with you from here on out. Ok?"

"Really? Ok!"

"Now. You wanna take a crack at bringing Eda back?"

He stood up confidently.

"I do! Luckily, I have an idea!"

After some analysis and explanation, King told them that they needed light to bring Eda to her senses.

"Luz, use your human wonder rectangle!"

"Can't. The cameras all blasted."

"What about the light spell you wanted to do?"

Luz sunk into the floor.

"I can't. No matter how much I try, I can't draw that dumb circle in the air and do magic. I'm not like you awesome witches."

"Have you tried glyphs yet?"

"Glyphs? What do you mean?"

"Every kind of magic has a symbol. Just like math. I was studying this earlier. Back when witches first started to surface, they would write these symbols on a bunch of places."

"Like hieroglyphics!"

"I don't know what that is. But sure. If I recall, the one for light looked like this."

Navalia borrowed Kings pen and drew the glyph on a leaf. They stared at it, waiting for it to do something.

"Yeah, I don't know what to do from here."

"How about... bap!"

Luz slapped the leaf with her hand. It crumpled inward like paper and turned into a little sphere of light.

"Oh my god... did I just do magic."

"I don't know. Do it again."

Luz took the pen and a leaf and copied the glyph that Navalia had drawn. She poked it when she finished, and it turned into a little light sphere.

"I did! I did do magic!"

Her celebration was interrupted by a screech.

"So what do we do now?"

"I think I have an idea. Can you guys help me?"

"Absolutely!"

"Anything so I can go to bed."

King ran down the hall holding the glowy pen, Demon Eda right at his heels. He swerved out of the way and she slid down the hall. Navalia then jumped on her with a large blanket.

She held her down as Luz drew a light glyph on the wall.

"Nav! Make her look!"

Navalia used the blanket as if they were reins for a horse, making Eda look straight at the glyph. Luz slapped it, and out burst a ray of blinding light.

Navalia fell over. Eda shrunk back to her normal self, snoring and covered in feathers.

"Navalia! Are you dead?!"

"No... just temporarily blind... get the extra elixir from Edas closet and have her drink it. She should be better by the time she wakes up. Now can somebody please take me to my bed?"

Luz carried the half-blind Navalia up to her room, where she stayed sleeping for 24 hours. For such a sleep deprived girl, she sleeps way too much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 49 18
Belos' control has gotten out of hand. With new beings changing the hands of fate, how will our protagonist survive in a world only known from a scre...
189K 5.4K 40
It's been 3 years since Luz went to the Boiling Isles. She got trapped in the human realm after the doorway back to the Boiling Isles was no where to...
21.5K 773 21
With a great life now in the Boiling Isles Luz finally returns to the human realm again. Promising Amity that she would come back. But when the day c...
158K 4.7K 71
book 1 Luz Noceda gets into fights constantly in her home town. so her mother, Camila, sends her to live with a old friend of hers named Eda until he...