SECOND CHANCES(A Lesbian Stor...

By pensive5

Four years had passed since the death of Mika's husband, and she'd remained faithful to his memory. No other... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
AD
Nothing Important
AD... again!!!
Happy Pride

Chapter 10

3.8K 99 24
By pensive5

Vic watched her secretary as she slept, quite fascinated by the long black lashes which fringed her eyes. How beautiful those eyes were when open... how beautiful she looked while asleep. She was driving her slowly out of her mind.

Mika's head was resting against Vic's arm, and she kept still. For if she woke her, the secretary would draw away from her as she had been drawing away from her for days.

Vic Galang checked her watch, her eyes moving to the window of the plane. Soon they would be landing at Nairobi airport and the aircraft would descend against the background of a sky flooded with the fiery glow of the setting sun. Mika had slept through the last two hours of the journey while she... she had spent her time thinking about her. On her lap there was an open journal she had not read a word of. All her attention was focused on the beautiful woman seated beside her.

In her shadow-dance of evasion Mika had moved again... one step forward and one step back. No! Make that two steps back. What was she afraid of? Was she even afraid? Or was she (Vic) reading into this relationship more than what was there? No! That was not the case. Self-deception was not one of her failings.

Mika had been so light-hearted the other day, laughing and chatting with her and the twins all the way to Angeles. But the drive back to Manila had been very different. Without the presence of the children she had nothing to say to her. This, when she had expected so much more, when she waited two weeks to see her again, over Christmas and while Mika had been ill with flu. This, and her point blank refusal to have dinner with her.

But the next day it had been a different story again! Wednesday had given birth to a new girl— serene, more calmly efficient than she had ever been— and delighted to accept her invitation to dinner that evening.

Vic shook her head, laughing quietly to herself. Her eyes moved down the length of her secretary's body and back again, coming to rest on her mouth. Fortunately for the latter, she could exercise enormous patience over matters which were important to her. And this was important. Female games of cat and mouse were nothing new to her... not by any means. She would allow the other girl certain amount of fun... so much room in which to play. So much... and no more.

"Mika, wake up! The sunset will be worth seeing. Besides, we will be landing in twenty minutes and you have got to get yourself together."

Mika heard the words and registered the gruff tone of her boss's voice. What the devil was wrong with her now? Was she annoyed because she was sleeping instead of going over that boring report from Cooper's Beers? She had read it already... twice!

Blinking, she surfaced from sleep and snapped fully awake when she realized she had been resting her head against her. Damn! Now what would she read into that? She pulled away from Vic quickly, straightening her clothes.

Everything had gone beautifully so far... everything according to plan. She had managed admirably to be her usual self all week and Vic had not the slightest idea of what she feels for her. Over the last days, Mika deciphered and accepted the fact that she had indeed fallen in love with her boss. She made a resolve that Vic will never find this out. She had turned down her invitation to dinner the day she learned the truth about her relationship with Shiela Pineda. She had been too angry to accept. But the following day, she had dinner with her because to have refused again would have been an unnatural thing to do. After all, it was a business dinner. Vic wanted to talk to her about their trip to Nairobi. She had not, however, invited the boss in for coffee when Vic had taken her home. Nor did Vic invited herself in which had surprised Mika a bit.

That was the trouble. The boss had not laid a finger on her. There was nothing with which she could accuse her... no way could she broach the subject of her personal life, even in the most casual way. Maybe she had changed her mind about her... decided that she did not want her after all. Maybe she had enough to cope with... with Shiela Pineda and an unknown number of others.

"I'll go and freshen up." She smiled at her boss, wondering how she could feel two such differing emotions at the same time. How could she love her and resent her at the same time? Or did she resent her because she loves her? How could she love her at all? How could she not?

There was a car and a driver waiting for them at the airport and they were driven to a hotel on the other side of Nairobi. Mika spent most of the time looking out of the window, fascinated by her first glimpse of Africa. There seemed to be so much color here... from the gaily colorful clothing of the locals, their dark faces with very white smiles, to the beauty of the sky which was lit dramatically by a sinking sun shooting waves of vivid pinks and reds into its deep and darkening blue.

The low, white-painted building of their hotel was almost obscured from a distance by its surrounding trees and bushes which were ablaze with colors— myriad shades of green, gold, orange and violet. They approached down a driveway which was flanked by rose gardens and outside the main entrance were enormous ceramic pots overflowing with scarlet bougainvillea.

From the balcony of her room overlooking the rear of the hotel, the view was breathtakingly beautiful. In the distance was the hazy shape of the Ngong Hills, immediately below her the tropical gardens which promised such delights on the closer inspection. She stood enjoying the scent of clean, sun-drenched air and flowers and plants... enjoying the stillness, the silence which was disturbed only by the solitary occupant of a glistening blue swimming pool which was surrounded by palm trees.

Excitement rushed through her... an appreciation of the loveliness of everything around her, from her room to all that she could see out here... makes her appreciate how good it was to be alive.

Vic's knock on her bedroom door served only to intensify that excitement, and she turned, calling that the door was open to come in.

"Is everything all right, Mika? Is there anything you need?" Vic had already bathed and changed her clothes. Her hair was still damp, curling behind her ears where it almost touched the collar of her shirt. She was wearing blue slacks and a snow-white light shirt.

Mika smiled, her heart skipping a beat and then racing as she looked at the her boss... loving her, filled with a yearning to touch her, to run her fingers through the thickness of her hair, to feel her arms around her. She looked away as Vic walked towards her, her hands going nervously to the railing of the balcony. She would have to be on guard, very much so... "Everything is perfect, Vic".

Vic stood beside her, making appreciative comments about the view, the sunset, and Mika edged away from her slightly, disturbed by the nearness, the smell of her perfume, as she move towards her, her hands covering hers. "Relax! You seemed so tensed." She loosened her fingers from their grip on the railings.

The secretary looked at her boss uncertainly, hoping her eyes did not show the alarm she was feeling, her hands dropping to her sides.

Vic smiled slowly, the brown gaze taking in every detail of Mika's face. "I said relax, Mika. All I have in mind for you this week is hard work."

That is what she said... that is what she heard. But Mika also heard the irony in her voice. "Now why don't you unpack and get changed for dinner? I'll see you in the bar in an hour or so. Don Bennet and his wife are joining us for dinner here tonight. So try not to be any longer. Will you?"

.

.

.

Vic meant what she had said about hard work. The following days were the most tormenting days for Mika. At nine on Monday morning they were in the offices of Cooper's architects. By lunch time they were inspecting the site of the brewery with Don Bennet, the head of the firm of architects. Thereafter, it was sheer hard work on the offices.

A scanner and printer appeared on the writing bureau in Mika's hotel room and on Wednesday, she was confined to her room to transcribe the reams of notes she had taken from Vic, surrounded by papers, plans, drawings, files, and folders... and the gardens she would much rather have spent her time in.

What a run-around she had the previous week, dashing to Makati Med to get her cholera vaccination— not because it was a requirement but because Vic advised her to have one. Then there was the leaving party for Cienne on Friday night which extended to early morning of Saturday. She spent Saturday afternoon shopping for clothes which would be suitable for the Kenyan climate then hurrying home to pack because their flight was scheduled early morning on Sunday.

When the sun moved to the balcony after lunch, Mika transferred her laptop to the table there. Why not work in the sun? She taught she needed a tan anyways.

She sat for a while on the lounger, letting her meal digest before starting work again. Of course, it had not all been hard work being here.... Closing her eyes, she thought of Vic Galang and the time she had enjoyed with her during the evenings, of the swimming they had done together, of the long leisurely meals they have enjoyed in the garden restaurant downstairs. Tonight, Vic promised to take her out to a bistro, a small exclusive restaurant where she could have the best food in Nairobi. She knew exactly what she would wear tonight— a white dress with the lace bodice she had bought in Greenbelt. Tonight she plans to wear her hair down.

Her eyes came open and she shielded them against the glare of the sun. She was planning on dressing to please her boss. Quite what had happened to her during these past few days in Africa. She could not be sure, but not only had she relaxed completely in Vic's company, she had also done a great deal of laughing, had been entertained and enchanted by this person who was so very different from the boss she knew in the office. Keeping her distance, staying aloof, had proved to be impossible for her and when Vic had held her hand at the dinner table or put an arm around her as she was shown to her room, she had not drawn away from her.

But that is all her boss had done. There was no advancement. Walang tsansing. Late last night, when Vic said good night at the door to her room, it had taken every ounce of her control not to reach out her, to invite, to take the embraces she was so hungry for. So much for keeping her at arms' length. The only problem she had had was preventing herself from taking the initiative. For Christ's sake, Mika. You are turning into a perv!

She dressed with a great deal of care that evening. Everything was just right---- her hair, her perfume, her make-up, the accessories she used. She managed to be both pretty and sophisticated at the same time.

Vic's gaze swept appreciatively over her when Mika opened her door for her. She took the secretary's hands, holding her at a distance so she could look her over from head to foot. "Beautiful! Mika, you are a very beautiful woman."

Mika's heart jumped crazily, uncontrollably. This was the first compliment she had ever given her on her appearance— and what a compliment it was. Vic had spoken quietly, intensely, as if to convey that she must never forget her words. Mika's light-hearted acknowledgement did not come easily. She wanted to look into her eyes and thank her, tell her how much she cared about her opinion in this and everything else. As it was she just smiled, speaking casually as she reached for her evening bag. "Why, thank you, ma'am!"

In the intimacy of the restaurant her awareness of Vic was so acute that she could hardly taste the food she was eating, excellent though it was. Vic had chosen for her, carefully selecting a white wine to accompany their hors d'oeuvre and a different one for their main course.

It was always there, of course, this crackling aura which was the attraction they felt for each other. But tonight, the atmosphere was positively throbbing with it. At least, that is how it seemed to Mika. She had eyes for nothing and no one but Vic Galang— her every move, every smile, every shrug and word.

"So what's the vedict?" Vic asked about the meal and the restaurant as they stepped outside into Koinange Street.

"Superb! I loved the food. Thank you, Vic," she added quietly. "It has been a lovely evening."

They got into the taxi which was taking them back to their hotel. When Vic reached for her hand, Mika's entire body responded to the touch. Every inch of her thrilled to this small embrace as Vic's fingers closed gently around hers.

For minutes they sat like that, in silence, until Vic leaned closer to point out the Kenyatta Conference Centre to her, her mouth just inches away from her face. Mika's eyes closed briefly... involuntarily. She could concentrate on nothing but the person seated next to her... was waiting and hungry for her kiss... a kiss which never came.

It was Mika who suggested that they take a stroll in the hotel garden. It was she who took over the conversation, chattering about this and that because she did not want to go to her room... did not want the evening to end.

But it had to end at some point. When Vic saw her to her room, it was she who would stand it no longer. She did something she had never, even in her wildest dreams, believed herself capable of...

"Vic..." The boss was about to walk away after saying goodnight... leaving her bereft, and she could not simply let her go.

"Vic, I..."

She stopped, turning to face her as she stood in the doorway to her room. Vic's dark brows raised questioningly. "Mika?"

"I want you to kiss me. Kiss me, Vic, Please..." She looked at her boss as she spoke, her arms sliding around her neck, her breasts brushing slightly with hers...

Vic kissed her... one long and devastating kiss which served only to make her want more... to make her wish that she would never ever stop. She melted against her, her body responding wildly, becoming pliant and inviting in the boss's arms as she molded her slenderness with her body. For long minutes, she had no will of her own... no desire for anything but Vic Galang and the touch of her mouth and hands.

Vic drew away, her fingers gripping tightly on her shoulders as she looked at Mika with eyes which were aflame with unmasked desire. "Mika..." She looked beyond her, then into her room.

Mika closed her eyes, understanding precisely what her boss was saying... understanding her now as she had never understood her before. Vic Galang was someone whose passions run deep... whose passions were intense, be it in her political views or her zest for life or her hatred or her loves. With her, there was no half measures... and if she set foot in her room, the same would apply. It would have to be all or nothing. There would be no turning back.

"Goodnight, Vic." Mika stepped away from her.

Vic did not say anything. She merely smiled as she turned and walked away. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 2.4K 5
Casey is young. In her mid-twenties she is kind hearted and compassionate but also privileged. When Casey suffers a family tragedy she moves from N...
723K 25.4K 76
Alia is a successful business woman at her family's company. She's a strong woman with many hidden traits. Everyone assume Alia has everything a per...
856K 31.2K 34
I was never the cool girl... Never the centre of attention. Hell, the first party I ever went to, it was because Kelly dragged me to it and I was 17...
2K 12 48
For Lena, Kara was the one she couldn't live without! For Kara, Lena was the one she was hopelessly in love with...she just never had the opportunity...