You, the apocalypse and me! [...

By einfach_Eileen

They say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade out of them. But what if you already have the tastiest lem... More

About: You, the apocalypse and me!
Chapter 1 - Of sweet lemonade and sour lemons
Chapter 2 - Lemons and cakes
Chapter 3 - Insatiable
Chapter 4 - Eerie Silence
Chapter 5 - So much to it...
Chapter 6 - Date with the parents
Chapter 7 - Worry about the sinkholes
Chapter 8 - Work...
Chapter 9 - Everything sucks
Chapter 10 - An interrogation
Chapter 11 - What's going on
Chapter 12 - And then this happened...
Chapter 13 - Creatures everywhere
Chapter 14 - Shelter
Chapter 15 - Attack in the night
Chapter 16 - Just go for it...
Chapter 17 - In a luxury house
Chapter 18 - On the High Seas
Chapter 19 - A New Man
Chapter 20 - Who am I?
Chapter 21 - Regaining control
Chapter 22 - Sailing and Sailing
Chapter 23 - Reunion
Chapter 24 - Little Prince
Chapter 25 - Puria
Chapter 26 - From jealousy and suffering
Chapter 27 - Yibo's Ancestor
Chapter 28 - And escape again
Chapter 29 - The Waterworks
Chapter 30 - Attack on the Waterworks
Chapter 31 - Always new camps
Chapter 32 - Our own stupidity
Chapter 33 - The next bunker
Chapter 34 - Joy
Chapter 35 - The Old School
Chapter 36 - The Bunker for the Rich and Beautiful
Chapter 37 - The Jungle Warriors
Chapter 38 - Trapped
Chapter 39 - The Queen
Chapter 40 - The Secret Door/ Just a Dream?
Chapter 41 - The Creepy Tunnel
Chapter 42 - The stinking bunker
Chapter 43 - The Snowplow
Chapter 44 - The large valley
Chapter 45 - Quiet life
Chapter 46 - A summary of the last days
Chapter 47 - Bac and his army
Chapter 48 - More Allies &. Battles
Chapter 49 - The last great battle

Chapter 50 - New Beginning (Last Chapter)

678 87 28
By einfach_Eileen

When I last wrote in this journal two years ago, we had just defeated Raha and had our last battle. Whereas I wouldn't say, at least now in retrospect, that it was really a fight. Raha died at the hands of Janala, but not fighting.

Half a year after Raha's death, the war was over. Almost all the creatures that helped us in the battle had returned to their world. Only Bac and a few of his men had stayed a few weeks longer to help clean up the city a bit. But then he left too, and that goodbye was hard for us. Because we knew we would never see him again. And nobody knew if our abilities would be enough to stay in contact with him, at least spiritually.

During a last evening together at the fire, we all celebrated the farewell and the end of the war. We ate well and drank a lot. Bac raved about the people, the food the people ate, and how beautiful he thought our world was. But he also said that he misses his world and looks forward to returning home. He wants to see his son and wife who had already returned with the others.

Bac told us that he will miss us terribly. So will we miss him. We were just not only allies, but also friends. And jokingly, Bac said that he had to go home, too, because otherwise he would be jumping on me after all. Yibo didn't laugh, but immediately pulled me closer to him. Then we all laughed.

It was a really nice evening, yet we were incredibly sad. And when we woke up in the morning, Bac had already left with his men. However, he had not left without leaving me a small farewell gift. Next to me was a picture of the three of us, that is Yibo, Bac and me and underneath wrapped in paper was a book. And it's full of pictures about the history of the Amores.

After Bac left, we returned to the valley once again to our parents and spent two weeks with them. Our parents are still determined to stay in the valley, even though, as we discovered, their homes were also still there. They felt comfortable in the country as well and their help was also needed.

My uncle and aunt moved out of the bunker and joined my parents in the country. Now they also live there and feel very comfortable. My cousin Yanli found her great love in the bunker and moved with her husband to a house near the valley. She is expecting her first child and is very excited to be a mom.

Haikuan and Cheng also live in Beijing. They have an apartment across the street from us. Haikuan works at the fire department again and Cheng works at a radio station where he hosts his own radio show. The two are very happy together and it shows. Haikuan has never talked about Meng Yao since he started dating Cheng. He always says Cheng is all he wanted and since they are a couple, he doesn't care about anything else.

He Peng works in a hospital in the maternity ward. He still has a lot of work and even found a new wife at his job. He thought he would never be able to fall in love again after his wife died, but then he met Sara and fell head over heels in love with her. The two got married six months ago and are working together on their own offspring. The abilities He Peng got from Bac have faded away in him. He is a normal person again.

By a stupid coincidence, Yibo and I found out that my ex-wife also survived. We met her in a supermarket. She was not alone, but had a man with her. The same one she had cheated on me with back then. She said that when the apocalypse began, he came to her and took her with him and brought her to safety. She said they became close again and were a couple again. I'm happy for her.

Yes, supermarkets are back. There is electricity, water and heating again. Factories are up and running again. Food is coming into our country by transport planes and ships and we are shipping or flying food from us. So there is trade with other countries again.

There is actually everything again. Military, police, and even our federal agency. Yibo and I are agents again. Not like we were back then, because it will never be the same, but we are working again. Yibo and I work as partners in patrol. Yes, we are now a kind of police force and patrol the city, just in case there should be one or the other creature. But so far, no new creatures have appeared. 

What was amazing was that Yibo and I could legally register our marriage. This would not have been possible before the apocalypse, because same-sex relationships here were seen as similar to deadly diseases. But thanks to the new and young government, same-sex couples can now officially marry.

Even though Yibo and I are happy to go back to work and earn money, we like to spend our free time doing all the things that couples do. Going out to eat, going to the movies, cuddling in front of the TV and going out with friends now and then.

Sometimes it seems to me as if the apocalypse had never happened. Because our lives seem to be perfect and you quickly forget the bad things that happened when you only experience good things. But then I look around the city and discover all the gaps where houses, stores and offices once stood and now exist only in our memories.

Every now and then it happens that I or we still have nightmares. Mostly about how we were captured. How we had to flee or spend days hungry and thirsty on the yacht looking for islands where we would finally find food.

Yibo still misses chicken fricassee from time to time. His chicken that he was determined to keep. We saw it the last time we had been attacked back in the cave. He is now considering whether we should perhaps get a pet. A cat or a dog or both. After all, there are many ownerless pets whose owners will never come back.

But Yibo is equally considering whether we should perhaps adopt a child or two. There are so many orphaned children who have all lost their parents and are now looking for a home. I wouldn't mind adopting a child or two, but it doesn't have to be right away. Before that, I want to enjoy my life with Yibo alone, a little more. What he also wants with me.

A few days ago, Yibo and I were at the only sinkhole left. Our government said that it should remain open in case our rescuers want to come and visit us after all. There are guards there around the clock to watch that no one else comes crawling out of the hole.

Yibo and I sat at the sinkhole for quite a while and tried to contact Bac in our own way. But unfortunately we did not succeed. Since he left, we can still feel him inside us very easily, but we can't hear him anymore. We would like to know how he and his wife are doing. And especially how the little prince is doing and how big he is now. The little prince is now already three years old and certainly grown properly.

While we were sitting there looking into the deep hole, I said to Yibo, "You know, sometimes I just want to climb down there and go find Bac."

"And where would you start?" Yibo asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "I don't know. But maybe they have guards there just like us who could help us out. I don't only want to know how Bac, his wife and the prince are doing. I also want to know how Janala is doing and whether she is now reigning over her kingdom as queen again. And also whether Bac and Janala have been able to unite their two nations."

"I want the same thing as you ZhanZhan. But I think we wouldn't even be able to make the descent. And unfortunately, we don't know any other way either."

"I guess that's true. This hole looks like it's just going to go steeply down."

"Mn. You know, even though I miss Bac too, I think it's better if our two worlds don't collide again."

"You may be right about that."

"You don't always have to agree with me ZhanZhan. I know you often disagree with me, too, and you can say that."

"But I think you're right. Why should I insist on my opinion when I know you're right?"

"It's okay honey. I just don't want you to always say I'm right and not have your own opinion. Because that counts just as much as my opinion."

"I know. But hey. I have a very smart husband and he's often right."

"I see, and who is this smart husband?"

"Well I don't know if you know him. He's almost as tall as me. Crazy handsome. A great agent. A great husband."

"Mhhh, sounds familiar. But you know, I only have eyes for my husband. He's a little taller than me. Insanely cute and handsome. He's also very smart and an excellent special agent. And a great husband he is anyway."

"I see, and what's your husband's name?"

"His name is Wang Xiao Zhan."

"Oh such a coincidence. That's my name." I said and laughed.

He looked deep into my eyes, smiled and said, "I love you Wang Xiao Zhan."

Again, I felt that tingle in my stomach that will probably never go away and replied, "And I love you, Wang Yibo." We kissed and got up from the hole. We made our way back home. And I swear, when I turned back to the hole one more time, I had heard Bac in my mind.

Just for a very brief moment, I heard his laughter and the words, "You guys are just too cute." Then the moment was gone again. Yibo hadn't heard anything, but he said that for a brief moment he could feel Bac stronger inside him.

You know what's strange? All this time during the apocalypse we were wishing and dreaming of a quiet normal life. And now that we are living exactly the life we wanted so much, we often miss the adventures. That's why we want to go on our next vacation, just like back then, with our backpacks packed and see where it takes us. But by car! I'm certainly not going to do that on foot anymore.

I am already very excited about what the future holds in store for us. What adventures await us? Will we have pets soon? Or rather children? Will we perhaps go out to sea again? No matter what comes, I am sure we can manage everything. Together we are strong and together we can do everything we want.

At the moment only one thing is certain, I have reached the end of my journal and there are no more free pages. It's time to close the journal and concentrate on the here and now again. Because in the here and now, with my wonderful husband, I lead a perfect life, as I could not have dreamed more beautiful.

I found my dream man, survived the apocalypse together with him and many dangerous adventures. And new adventures await us. You, the apocalypse and me is over here. Thank you for accompanying us on our journey. Your Zhan!

End!

A/N: The book which began slowly and in which the story developed only gradually, has come to an end. 50 chapters, after all. And I wanted to stop writing here on Wattpad after only 20 chapters. But I stayed on, even if only a handful of you have read this book. I hope you could enjoy the last chapters, even if they were written rather summarily. Greetings and thanks for your comments and votes, your Eileen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.2K 1.9K 12
The people of The Underground were never the luckiest pair. Only a special few were lucky, lucky enough to get the privileges of the topside. The (L...
10.9K 646 23
"Every wedding should have a wonderful love story, Because love is the only thing in the world that everyone feels" "Two strangers with vivid expect...
152K 12K 30
🅒🅞🅜🅟🅛🅔🅣🅔🅓 Wang Yibo, a twenty-eight-year-old handsome guy is a member of a group founded by his brother Haikuan in China-THE PRIVATE EYE. Th...
53.3K 4.6K 60
A vampire mirthless, dreary and heartless...and a common boy...full of life...sweet, caring and kind. what happens when they meet ....?....I am here...