My Cure - Mallory Pugh/USWNT...

By uswnts_fav2021

{COMPLETE} **sequel to Attached** Morgana LaRue is the new big thing. She was a star for the USWNT from the f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 9

642 13 1
By uswnts_fav2021

Morgana's POV

When I woke up, my chest hurt and when I rolled onto my stomach I audibly winced. 

"Aw shit." I said, sitting up so I didn't touch any more of my bruises. But when I sat up, my head hurt. 

"What hurts?" Mal asked, yawning. 

"Nothing. I'm fine." I lied. 

"Come here." She gently pulled me into a comfortable hug, and I rested my head on her shoulder. 

"Did you tell Ashley and Sophia and everyone yet?"I asked. 

"Yeah I did." 

"Ashley probably wishes I died." I laughed. 

"You think so low of her." Mal said, grabbing her phone off the table next to her side of the bed and opening the messages. 

She gave me her phone to read them. 

12:45am - iMessage group - Me, Sophia, Ashley, Kelley, Hatch
Kelley O'Hara: WAIT WHAT???? Ashley is currently crying in the airport , is everything okay??? 
Me: She's all good now, don't worry. Still asleep. She's gonna be okay.
Kelley O'Hara: The Ashley's right now: 
Kelley O'Hara: *Attachment: one image*
Hatch: No autographs, please. 
Ashley Sanchez: Shit shit shit is she okay???????????????????
Me: Ashley she's okay. Don't worry. Everything's fine. 
Ashley Sanchez: I'm really sad for her.
Me: I will have her cal you tomorrow, okay?
Ashley Sanchez: love you both
Me: We love you too Ash

"Aww, she loves you!" I laughed. 

"How do you know she wasn't just LYING?" Mal asked. 

"Mal, you two have a sister relationship. Sure you have your shares of ups and downs, but you really are very close. You've known eachother for years." 

"That's true."

It hasn't even been a day since Ashley, Sophia, Ash and Kelley left but I missed them all and couldn't wait for camp. We leave in 4 days, but we have to go back to Chicago for one last game before international break starts. 

Then after these friendlies against Colombia, we have to miss some of the regular season to go to Mexico (if we ll make the roster) for the world cup qualifiers against Haity, Jamaca and Mexico. 

So from tonight until July 5th, my life will be nothing but soccer and travel. And ofr course Mal. 

But that's how I like it. Sure I love to come home, but this is what I want to be doing. 

"We're flying back to Chicago tonight, right?" I asked Mal. 

"Yes." 

"What time?" 

"6:00." 

"Shoot. I have to say bye to Chloe and Hayley and-" 

"Morg, it's 9:45." She laughed. "Maybe you got hit in the head a little harder than you thought." 

"I didn't hit my head at all." I huffed. 

After we got dressed, we went downstairs to find that neither of my parents were home. 

"No one's here." I said sadly, sitting at the kitchen table. 

"Morgana...it's a random Wednesday." Mal laughed. 

"I forgot." 

"You seem to be forgetting a quite a bit today. Like when you left your room without a shirt on?" 

"That....that was just for you." I lied. "Because you like it when I don't wear one." 

"I do, yes." 

"It was just for you!" 

I didn't want her to worry, becuase the more she worried, the more likely she was to tell my parents about me forgetting stuff, and then they will tell me to stay home. Then if I stay home I can't go back to Chicago and if I don't play  game before the international break it won't be god. Then everyone will get worried, and it will just be bad. 

Mal and I attempted to make pancakes, but because someone dumped way too much sugar in the mix when I wasn't looking, they didn't turn out and we ended up going out to breakfast. 

"This is way better than any pancakes we could have made at home." Mal took a bite of her breakfast sandwich, then dipped her french toast in syrup. 

"You sure do eat a lot." I said, looking at the 3 plates in front of her. 

"When I want to." She shrugged. "Okay I'm going to do an impression. 'Hey, if I eat enough of this will I be able to speak French like Morgana?' Who am I?" 

"You're Ashley." I rolled my eyes at her. "I'll tell her you said that." 

"Doesn't matter. She already hates me." 

"We already went over this. You two have a sister relationship, just love-hate. You're still close. Also you have to get along, she's my best friend, and you're my....you're my Mal. A different type of best friend." I said. 

She smiled and looked down at her plate, and I saw I had her blushing. 

"That makes you blush?" I asked, laughing. 

"Shut up!" 

"My bad." 

----------

3:00pm

I asked Chloe to bring over Hayley as soon as she got out of school, because we had to leave in a few hours. 

Of course she did, and I realized I probably wasn't going to be able to come home for a solid month, maybe month and a half because we have to go back t the Red Stars after inernational duty. 

"Will you be home soon? Like for my preschool graduation?" Hayley asked. "Aunt Mal you can come too! And can Aunt Ashley come too? And Kelley because she's funny. And Sophia because she looks like a princess. And also Hatchy because she's very nice and she gave me money." 

"Why did she give you money?" Chloe asked. 

"She told me I could have it if I promised not to tell you that she spilled the lemonade all over your car. She said-" 

"Okayyyy, and we're done here." I said, covering her mouth. "Aunt Mal, why don't you take her and give her the special present I got her." 

"Sounds good." Mal took her upstairs to get the bag. 

"How did you even get anywhere?" Chloe asked me. 

"We...shit. How did we get around?" I thought for a second. "Uber." 

"Are you okay?" She asked. 

"Why wouldn't I be?" 

"That's the third time you've forgotten something important since I've been here. Could this have anything to do with-" 

"Nothing about the crash, Chloe. Nothing. I'm just tired and sad and tired." 

"Whatever." She sat down on the couch. 

"Can I ask you something?" I asked her. 

"Yeah. What's up?" 

"A lot of things, but I just need to know this. Last night, after the crash, I called you first.. Then mom and dad. Then Mal. And I didn't see her right away, because they took me to the hospital. Was she mad about having to leave her parents house? It was stupid to cal her at all, because I knew she was there but forgot." I sighed. 

"No, calling her was right. You see her? How protective she is of you? She would have killed you and all of us if you or one of us hadn't told her until she got home." Chloe answered. "But I think she wants to stay away from her parents for whatever reason. When I drove her there, she was all stressed and stuff. I asked her what was wrong, ans she said she wanted to avoid them. When I asked why, she just stared out the window." 

"Well, there's a reason, and....I know-" I was cut off by Mal coming down the stairs and into the living room. 

"Hayley is upstairs playing with the stuff in her room. I told her we should go downstairs because we're leaving soon but she said she will when we're leaving." Mal said, sitting down next to me. 

"Ooh, good. You're here." I said. "We need to speak in private." 

"Oh really?" Chloe asked. 

"Yes." 

"Do we have to?  I think anything you could possibly have to say to me could be said in front of your sister." Mal said. 

"Why did you guys get all mean on me?" I asked. 

"Just say it, Morg." 

"Alone, Mal." 

"Morgana." 

I paused, then took a deep breath."I'm gonna tell her." 

"Tell me what?" Chloe asked. 

"Tell her?" Mal said, looking confused. 

"I'm gonna tell her!" I said. "Chloe, you might want to be sitting down for this one." 

Hope everyone's enjoying this one! It gets back to soccer soon I swear! Everyone in the USA have a great Thanksgiving break and the next update will be out Saturday! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379K 9.1K 68
It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not. It has been one year since Alex Morgan...
58.4K 1.9K 46
Alex Morgan x Y/N Reader {GxG} Other main characters include: Kelley O'Hara, Abby Dahlkemper and other USWNT members ! includes smut ! Timeline...
107K 2.7K 41
y/n y/ln was born in the US but her fathers family is from England and her mothers family is from Italy. Her parents moved back to England and y/n gr...
309K 4.8K 40
Uswnt oneshots with Y/n reader.