Finley -> Rick's Dog

By dog_girl12

"That dog is always staring at me man, wherever I go I'm telling you, it wants me dead" "Well THAT dog has pl... More

p r o l o g u e
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t

e l e v e n

2.7K 67 29
By dog_girl12

I don't remember much of what happened after the incident. I remember seeing Sophia's lifeless body fall to the ground with a thud.

Beth ran over to an old looking woman, or, the corpse of the old looking woman at least. Turns out the walker was still alive. After trying to eat her, someone shot it.

Rick grabbed my lead, that was hanging down by my side, and led me away. Of course feeling that I couldn't walk properly, I kicked my legs out to the side, in the most awkward of ways, until Rick picked me up.

I leaned into him, and wished he would never let go of me. Never did I want to leave Rick's side again.

We approached Hershel's house, and Rick placed me down gently onto the floor, and then left me standing in the room that Carl was in, alone.

No longer than a minute later, he came back with Patricia, who walked in puffy-eyed. I trudged over to her nervously, nudging her hand, to comfort her.

"I know that this may not be the best of all times. And I am truly sorry, about what happened there. I didn't want this, I never did. But I need to ask you, what's wrong with Finn? What's wrong with my dog?" Rick says softly.

"I- I... thank you, for everything." Patricia thanks him, before speaking about me, "Do you know if Finn has ever been spayed?" Rick shook his head, "Not that I know of, no. Why?"

"She is going into season for the first time. It is the fertile period of a dog's cycle when they can get pregnant. They usually have their first heat at around 6 months old, and then every 6-7 months afterwards. Each heat, or season, tends to last approximately 16-18 days. Signs seen during this phase include a excessive licking of the genital area, clingy behavior, and aggression toward male dogs. Your dog may also hold her tail close to her body." Patricia says. By the end of it, I could tell that I was pulling a face, by the way she was looking at me.

"Oh.." Rick said seemingly wishing he had never asked. I too, wish he'd never asked. But instead you made me suffer. "Anything else I should know?" Rick asks.

"Yes, diapers. I would recommend them, seen as though I don't suppose you want blood everywhere. You put pads in them, and change it every day, at minimum. No longer. You hear me? Oh and another thing, her emotions are gonna be all over the place." Patricia, once again, scares the living shit out of me, and I decide that I want to hide.

I army crawl under the bed, and wait until I hear Patricia leave. I heard Rick sit on the bed above me. I whined, and leaned my head, up against his leg. "I know." He says, rubbing my head gently, "But I think that if we can survive the dead coming back to life, and trying to eat us, I'm pretty sure we can handle this. Come on Finn."

I poke my head out, and led, half under the bed, and the other half not under the bed. Rick chuckles, and he takes off my headcollar. "World's gone to shit. I don't think we need to worry about you trying to pull hard on the lead." I crawl the rest of the way out, and rest my head on his knee. "Come on Finn, let's go fix this shit show." Rick says, tugging on my lead.

I trotted out behind him pleased, but my heart sunk, as Rick handed over my lead to Daryl. I gave him a 'bitch what the fuck' look, before turning my back on him. "Haha, yer gonna enjoy yer life." Daryl says to me.

I huffed, as we headed towards the edge of the forest, well away from the farm, and everyone else. I guessed it to be half a mile, at least.

I saw a tent, and a few logs. "Aye, ya can do wha' ya want, jus' don't be nosy, kay?" Daryl says, while unclipping my lead. I padded over next to the fire, and led on the ground gently.

We sat in peaceful silence, absorbing what had just happened. It lasted for about an hour, until Lori walked up. "Moving to the suburbs?" I grumble, and she continues. "Listen, Beth's in some kind of catatonic shock. We need Hershel."

"Yeah, so what?" Daryl says, sharpening a stick. She crouched down in front of him, "Do I need you to run into town real quick, and bring him and Rick back." He didn't respond.

"Daryl?"

He stops sharpening the stick, "Your bitch went window-shopping. You want him, go fetch him yourself." I can't help but growl at his word choice, calling Rick a bitch. My ears perked up, and I tensed, while laying on the ground.

"What's the matter with you? Why would you be so selfish?" I let out another growl, this time directed to Lori.

Daryl shoots up, immediately creating height on her, "Selfish? Listen to me, Olive Oil. I was out there looking for that girl every single day. I took an bullet, and an arrow in the process, not to mention your pathetic mutt, Finn, broke a few of her ribs, damaged her paws, and hurt her leg." I grumbled, because of his word choice towards me, as he points his knife at Lori, "Don't you tell me about me getting my hands dirty! You want those two idiots? Have a nice ride. I'm done looking for people." Daryl sits back down, and Lori turns her back. I led back down on the floor, and let out a huff of anger.

I allowed sleep to take me away from this hell hole, but it was short lived, as I awoke to a dark night time

Carol runs up. "We can't find Lori." She says panting. Daryl ignores her, mesmerized by the dancing flames. "And the others aren't back yet either."

"Yeah, That dumb bitch must've gone off looking for 'em." He says poking at the fire.

"What?"

"Yeah, she asked me to go. I said I was done being an errand boy." Fair enough in my opinion.

"And you didn't say anything?" She asks, her eyes wide. Carol stomps off. But like my sleep, so was her trip back, as she turned back to face Daryl,  "Don't do this. Please. I've already lost my little girl."

He stands up, getting in her face, "That wasn't my problem neither." He seethe, before getting in his tent.

I stare into the fire, feeling utterly empty, until I heard Daryl say, "You're afraid. You're afraid, 'cause you're all alone. You got no husband, no daughter." I stand up, growling. "You don't know what to do with yourself. You ain't my problem! Sophia wasn't mine!" He yells. "All you had to do, was keep an eye on her." I shoot forward, growling. Carol flinched, as he got closer. I jumped up, and bit down into his arm, hard.

Daryl groaned, and kicked me off of him, and onto the ground. I fell with a yelp, and led on my side, trying to catch my breath, as I inhaled, my breathing sounding shallow, and abnormal.

I watch Carol leave, and Daryl go into the tent. "Finn, c'mere." I ignored him, pissed for kicking me off.

I hear footsteps, and hear Daryl mumble, "To hell with this damn dog." I stood up, and walked away from him, going deeper into the woods.

Ignoring his calls for me, I drifted off, at a tree trunk, and let myself sleep through it all.

I woke up, and heard the sound of a car racing down the road, heading towards the house. I nuzzle the zip open, and nudge Daryl, urging him to wake up. I licked his face until he did.

When he realises, he quickly grabs his shit, and jogs over, completely abandoning me, without so much as a 'come on' or 'howay'.

I grumbled, and started searching for my lead, knowing that Rick would be absolutely pissed, if I didn't have it.

As I searched through his personal belongings, I caught a glimpse, of a black loop, peeping out from under the mameshift bed. I trot over, and pick it up with my teeth, and walk through the tent enterance, almost tripping up a tent peg.

I moved slowly, so that I wouldn't catch my leg, in the dangling loop, that threatened to throw me on my face, in an instant.

As I got about halfway, I realised that the tent was still wide open. I dropped the lead, and darted back, and stated to tug at the zip.

I pulled it down, by jumping up slightly, then crouching. In the end I managed to push it all the way down, by pawing at it.

I ran back, and got a better hold on my lead, and walked forth, it trailing behind me.

By the time I finally made it, they had disappeared, and the door was now shut, keeping me locked in the outside world. I huffed, and hopped up onto a wooden chair that just so happened to be kicking around.

After getting comfortable enough, I listened in on the rest of their conversation.

"He's out cold right now. Will be for hours." Hershel says.

"You know what? I'm gonna go get him some flowers and candy." Shane scoffed, "Look at this folks - we back in fantasyland."

Hershel cuts him off, "You know we haven't even dealt with what you did at my barn yet. Let me make this perfectly clear, once and for all - this is my farm. Now I wanted you gone. Rick talked me out of it, but taht doesn't mean that I have to like it. So do us a favour - keep your mouth shut."

I heard Shane sigh,before the door came crashing open, sending me flying about four foot into the air. I regained my composure, and trotted away from the house, and round the back, where no one could see me.

I rolled round in the grass, getting rid of the diaper thing, and started to itch my back on the floor. D.I.Y saved humiliation.

I got back up, shook out my fur, and trotted back round to the front of the house. I decided, that I wanted a break from people for the day, and watched everyone walk past now and then, listening into conversations.

I now knew that there was a kid Randall, who had fell on a fence, literally, damaging his leg. Most people thought that he would find his people, and lead them back here. I also discovered that Dale, and a few selected others, said he should be set free. Dale, Lori, and others think that Shane killed Otis, and I do too, if I'm being truthfully honest.

I watched as the day became night, and allowed myself the peace of sleep.

I woke up, and the second I opened my eyes, I saw bright light pouring in, before seeing Carl heading into the woods. In frustration, I bounded over towards him, cutting straight through Daryl's camp.

I nudged his side, and Carl looked down at me, "Hey girl, where've you been?" He says, stroking behind my ear, as we jumped over a fallen tree, covered in moss.

I caught a whiff of a walker, and stopped Carl right in his tracks, seeing it stuck in the mud. I let out a breath of relief, taht was short lived as Carl got closer, pulling out a rock. Lobbing it at the things' head, only resulted it to let out a snarl.

The next thing I knew, he ran over a tree, and stood behind the walker, holding a gun. I made my way across it slowly, wobbling around, due to me not being designed for this.

I slipped off, landing on my back, as I wat hed in slow motion, as Carl fell. The walker started to snap its jaws, in hopes of taking a chunk out of Carl's skin. Luckily, hemanaged to get away, and I followed after him, fleeing the scene.

I padded along the side of him, and followed Carl, as we sat with Jimmy, as he was not allowed to listen to the conversation, and I was banned from the house, until further notice. I had no idea why though.

Wow, lots of effort. Quick question to all of you who write fanfics, and copy them word for word, how do you do it. Because ngl I sit and watch Netflix, and copy it all via that way. Comment if you want, and let me know. Also, I know I jammed a lot into just one chapter but, i kept losing it. Because i dont really know where to put Finn.

I just want to thank you all so much for helping me hit 1k reads! ❤

Stay safe <333

2 1 8 0 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 798 54
Disclaimer: I do not own The Walking Dead or it's characters. I only own and characters I make up along with any added plot and dialogue. Daryl Dixon...
249K 5.4K 47
•Book 1• Book 2 will be coming as soon as possible! Alex Grimes (you) always had a Fire in her. She was training to be a cop, Just like her father...
107K 3.5K 47
Julianna Wilson always had it rough ever since her mothers passing, men forcing themselves on her, Julia's grandmothers forceful religion, and her ab...
14.2K 674 36
Daryl Dixon x Reader DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THE WALKING DEAD OR ITS CHARACTERS. I ONLY OWN MY CHARACTERS AND SOME OF THE PLOT AND DIALOUG I MAKE U...