Living In Bliss

By justzeeee

Nadeera comes to Nigeria for the very first time, for a reason she's not very happy about. What happens when... More

🩶Characters Aesthetics🩶
~Author's Note~
🫧| Chapter 2 |🫧
☁️|Chapter 3|☁️
☁️|Chapter 4|☁️

☁️| Chapter 1 |☁️

12 1 0
By justzeeee

~Nadeera's POV~

The flight to my supposed homeland took much longer than I expected. It's my summer holiday and I was expecting to be on the beach relaxing under the sun, maybe get a suntan while at it, but I'm here on this stupid plane, going somewhere I have no reason to be at.

You're probably wondering what the hell am I talking about, well you see, I am the only child of my wonderful mother and as you may have guessed from my expression, I have no father, if my mum heard me say this she'd probably have my head but I really didn't care. My dad left my mum shortly after I was born, we were doing so fine without him up until a week ago when my mum got a call that he died.

Tragic right?, Not that I cared, but for some reason my mum found it important that we come to Nigeria for his funeral, and the only thing that went through my head was,

"WHY TF ARE WE GOING ALL THE WAY TO NIGERIA JUST TO SAY GOODBYE TO SOMEONE THAT DIDN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT US WHEN HE WAS ALIVE?"

But as you may have realized as I am currently on a plane to Nigeria, my mum wasn't having any of that, I guess she still loved him even after everything.

My mum is a good example as to why I would never shackle myself in a toxic relationship.

Finally, we landed in Abuja, Nigeria. Taking a deep breath as we stepped out of the airport, I knew right there and then I was in for a long ride. While I was daydreaming about what my life would be like in this country, I noticed my mum glancing at me, and I turned away from her, I really didn't want to talk to her.

"Come on, you aren't still mad, right?"

I ignored her, and heard her sigh.

"Stop moping already"

I ignored her again.

She sighed and said,"Look, one day, you were still going to come back here, so what difference does it make?"

Does she really want to know what the difference is?
"The difference is that the only reason why we're here is because of that man and not because we're on some kind of vacation and you don't seem to see what the problem is."
I said, in my head obviously, because I wasn't talking to her and also because I didn't want a brain resetting slap from her in public.

I heard her sigh again.
"The car is here, let's go."

I felt like I was being watched while walking to the car and as I was getting in, I locked eyes with a rather handsome fellow, and when I say handsome, I mean handsome, he was totally out of this world, not me thinking I wasn't going to find anyone attractive here but then I see this gorgeous being.
He smiled at me, and I could have sworn that I died and came back, because that smile was deadly, how dare he go around flashing that drop-dead gorgeous brain-mushing smile, I could be exaggerating but that smile definitely made my day, I could already feel myself blushing.

Before I could even do anything, my absolutely wonderful mother decided it would be a nice idea to wave at this guy, "why?", You might ask, I have absolutely no idea, and then the next thing happened so fast, from me glaring at her to her opening her mouth and literally screaming at the top of her lungs to this sexy looking stranger,

"SHE'S VERY PRETTY, ABI?"

I looked at my mum with wide eyes and screamed,
"MUM!"

I wished for the ground to open up and swallow me in that moment, people were legit staring at us and I just thought about what I could have done to deserve this amount of embarrassment, I actually wanted to cry, "Why can't I have a normal mother, for God's sake", I murmured while smh.

I groaned and scoffed then got into the car while this woman was cackling.
"What the hell was so funny?", I thought with an irritated look.

We were on our way to the house my mum apparently bought for our stay here, and that got me wondering why she wasted money buying a house, when we could just stay at a hotel, it wasn't like we were going to stay here for long, little did I know.

We arrived at the house and I had to say it was definitely not what I was expecting, the house looked really good, nothing compared to our house in the States but it was still better than what I had imagined.
"Mum finally got something right for once since the beginning of summer", I thought while rolling my eyes.

But to be very honest, this house looked wonderful.

The house had already been furnished and all, so all we had to do was move in, I had packed 4 suitcases and 2 mini bags.
What?, You can't judge me, I'm a woman of fashion and I had to look good in my pictures I was to post on Insta and also on my lives.

Now let's talk about Luxire (made up brand), it was a popular brand that only had teenage models from all over the world, and I happened  to be one of them, I had been wondering how I was going to do my summer shoots as I had to come to beautiful Nigeria, but guess what, they happened  to have a branch right here, and that's huge, so I guess that's that sorted out.

I had begun to unpack my things in my room, I had to give it to the architect in charge of designing this house, they did an amazing job.

My room was large, imagine what the master bedroom would be like.
The first thing you would see when entering my room was the panoramic window at the far end of the room, there was a cute couch and two matching armchairs and a glass coffee table placed in the middle of them, "It's giving aesthetic", I thought and chuckled.
The walls were painted plain white, I liked that, I wasn't too big on coloured room walls, there was a queen-sized bed right in the middle of the room, with a dresser at the side, to the opposite corner of the room was a reading table and a minimalist bookshelf.

Opposite my bed was a flat screen TV and a little cute chair below it, a few meters from this setup was the door to my walk-in closet, ready to be filled with clothes and shoes and everything.

At the far end of the closet was a makeup table with a joint mirror. I loved this.

In the corner of the room, I noticed a door and walked up to it, wondering where it led to, opening the door, I was surprised to find out it was an adjoining door from my closet to the bathroom, the bathroom was really pretty, bright white lights and all, the mirror, the bathtub, the shower. "Okay, maybe coming here wasn't so bad after all", I thought.

I was finally done making the room officially mine and couldn't help but think back to the guy I had seen at the airport, I can't believe I was already swooning over someone I didn't even know, I held my head in my hands, but ngl, he was really attractive, definitely a sight for sore eyes.

Thinking about it, he looked like we could be the same age or he could be a year older. While I was debating on this, my mum barged into my room.

"Mum!"

"What?, It's not like you are naked or anything, and what is there that I've not seen gan?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, I just wanted to call you down to come and eat, you haven't had anything all day", she said with worry in her eyes.

I looked at her and saw the concern in her eyes and sighed, "Fine, I'm coming"

She turned around and was about to walk out and stopped and turned back and looked at me, and I gave her a questioning gaze.

"Maybe it's not such a bad thing that we're here, it's a good opportunity to look around and maybe you'll make friends while we're here, apart from the funeral, this is a good chance to see Nigeria and know your roots", she said with hope in her eyes.

I sighed and said, "Okay, fine, I'll try to look on the bright side"

She smiled and walked out, closing the door behind her.

Well, I should thank her for reminding me the reason why we were here again, I groaned internally, but she was right, this was a good opportunity for me to look around, I had never been to Nigeria all my life, my mum always said she had no reason to come back here, but then here we are.

About making friends, that, I do not know, I'm not much of a people person, but maybe I'll try, for her. "The things I do for that woman", I thought while shaking my head and burst into laughter.

Maybe coming here wasn't such a bad thing, but little did I know what was in store for me.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Glossary of the Chapter

Abi?: Right?, Basically a word for confirmation.

Ngl: To people who might not know the meaning, it means, 'Not gonna lie'.

Gan: It's used to lay emphasis on the sentence it is used in. I think.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

A/N: Yayyy, we're done with chapter one, I honestly have no idea if this is good or not, I really hope the first chapter wasn't too boring, but there were some things that were really important that I just had to write a chapter that contained them, you might not realize it now but you will in future chapters.

So this is Nadeera's very first time in Nigeria.
Does anyone agree with her thinking on the reason for coming to Naija?

Anyways, this is the beginning of the story, y'all should better buckle up, cause it's gonna be one rough ride.

Btw, you might have already noticed, but I will still say it, I am a delulu person, just to put it out there.
My book is set in 2033, you're probably wondering why it's set so far in the future, even me I don't know 🙂.

Vote and comment, keeds😘
Till next time.

~justzeeee💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427K 65.6K 79
Nabeela has never had life easy, never ever. She is at her wits end. Love and living life has never been her known forte. But, what will she do when...
108K 16.4K 71
Kayla Williams loves quiet, loves being unnoticed, loves reading books and hates Tomisin Adekunle. But when her best friend Nessa becomes quite clos...
62.1K 8.3K 26
we all know that sometimes a lie could get you in trouble sometimes but for faiza it got her in love....A Nigerian based novel Completed✅
6.8K 1.3K 34
My head was spinning. I didn't keep male friends here in Nigeria. I'd never left my face uncovered ever since I started using the Niqab. I didn't e...