Hunter x Fem Reader ~ As Litt...

By MidnightMagesty

Y/n is what some may call a "Little Miss Perfect". She's top of her class, athletic, talented, and she pushes... More

Author's Notes
1 : Endearing Little Thief (Part I)
2: Endearing Little Thief (Part II)
3: Endearing Little Thief (Part III)
4 : Your first Magical Quest
5: The Fallen Knight
Princely Stranger : A Valentine's Special 💌
6: The Obssession
7 : You again
8 : Risks
9 : Grom
Update for Next Chapter
10: Melancholic Melodies
11: Flowering Friendship?
12: Heartaches Part I
13: Heartaches Part II
Heyy
14: High Seas
15: Separate Tides
16: Writer's Block
17: It's a first
18: Bad girl Coven
About "Hollow Minds" (SPOILERS BEWARE!!) + updates i guess
19: Choices
20: The Four Stages of Grief
21: Acceptance? (Part I)
22: Acceptance? (Part II)
23: The Bad but Sad Boy
24: The Failed Confession
25: A Bard's Charm
26: Trust
27: Love Sick
29: Idiot
30: We Have a Situation
31: Encounter
32: Follies at the Coven Day Parade (Part I)
33: Follies at the Coven Day Parade (Part II)
"You missed me didn't you?"
34: I Promise
35: Any Sport in a Storm: Part I
36: Any Sport in A Storm: Part II
I can't breathe!! XD
37: Any Sport in a Storm: Part III
38: "Drifting Apart"
39: Seek and You Shall Find
40: Catching Fire
41: Hollow Mind
⭐Just some art + headcanons/scenario snippets✨
Thanks, everyone 💛

28: Messages

5.6K 161 308
By MidnightMagesty

Nights in the Emperor's castle were quiet but never truly silent. The walls seemed to talk from time to time. There were always whispers and the sound of crawling critters.

"Good night, Hunter." Belos smiled.

The sound of the heavy door echoed through the halls after the Emperor shut it from inside. On the other side was Hunter, left with so many unanswered questions. He felt frustrated being left in the dark. He was the Golden Guard, the emperor's right-hand man. Why is he being replaced?

What are the Titan's plans? With him? With the girl he loves?

All these he asked the emperor and was returned with the vaguest of answers. "The Titan has big plans for you. You and your friend Y/N." Those were the Emperor's words. However, Hunter refused to stay still. He wanted answers. But most of all, he wanted to prove himself useful again.

He marched to the castle's library with the red glow from his staff to light the way and a palisman who accompanied him. Hunter browsed through the shelves, taking every book that he deemed useful. Just as he did, the red cardinal perched on his shoulder and chirped at him.

"Go away! I'm busy." Hunter shooed.

The palisman just started chirping back.

"Sorry, I don't speak Palisman." He shrugged.

The cardinal flew to one of the shelves and pecked on a small brown book. It was almost like he was trying to show it to Hunter.

The book was rather old. Its leather cover was filled with cracks and pieces of it flaking with even the slightest touch.

"This looks ancient." Hunter examined the book. "If I'm not mistaken, this could date way back in the Deadwardian era." He presumed.

The palisman just chirped back.

The title read "A Research on the Isles' Life forms". It was a book by an author with the initials "P.W." as written at the bottom.

Hunter no longer waited and opened the book. The words were roughly hand-written in ink. The pages were either burnt in the sides or stained with dirt.

Hunter flipped through the pages, scanning each chapter. "Basilisks... Stone sleepers... Ahah! Half-bloods!" He exclaimed.

"This will help us- I mean-" He cleared his throat. "This will help me know more about Y/N."

"Half-bloods, the child of a witch or demon and a human." Hunter read.

"magical beings without the ability to completely control one's powers."

"unstable individuals."

"Pfft well, that's Y/N." He chuckled and continued reading.

"In my time in the Boiling Isles, I was lucky enough to encounter a half-blood. They offered to aid me in my journey in exchange for resources. However, they grew greedy and wanted more than I could provide."

"One day, they started attacking me. With a heavy heart, I had to fight back. Unfortunately, their blood was shed and there was nothing I could do."

Hunter felt a shiver down his spine as he read the chapter. Yet, he kept going.

When Hunter flipped the page, it was followed by ripped paper and rough scribbles.

"Abominations"

"A disgrace to man-kind"

Those were the words roughly scribbled on the chapter.

He flipped the pages some more and landed on a cleaner one.

"To this day, the memory of losing a friend still pains me. But after their death, I discovered the concentrated magical properties of their blood. One of which could be used as fuel. But alas, the supply is limited and I have made no more further discoveries."

Hunter felt his stomach turn as he read those final phrases.

"Uncle- Uncle Belos won't- He can't possibly need Y/N for that reason." He denied.

"y-Y/N's blood?" He muttered

"The author of this book is insane!" Hunter let out a chuckle. Trying to convince himself yet paranoia filled his mind.

The Palisman chirped in response.

"Wait, blood!"

"That's it!" Hunter cheered.

"Kikimora is going to the knee tomorrow to collect some Titan's blood. If I get their first, uncle Belos won't need Y/N's help anymore. He'll free her and I could be useful again!"

"It's like hitting two birds with one stone! I'm a genius!" He exclaimed.

With this in mind, Hunter strategized a plan all night.

To go to Eclipse lake the next day, and bring back the blood of the Titan.

. . . . . . .

(The Next Day)

You awoke from what seemed like the longest nap you've ever had.

Your head felt heavy and your body was slightly sore.

"Ughh... I feel like I've been hit by a bus." You groan.

You touch your throbbing head and felt something weird growing out of it. More mushrooms?

"I hope these aren't permanent." You wished as you observed your head filled with mushrooms.

You walked over to the desk and saw a bowl of soup and a note.

__________

Saw you were sleeping so I left your soup here.
I cast a spell on it to keep it warm for a long time.
Best to let you rest.

Hunter also told me to leave some things for you.

Get well soon, kid.

-Steve ;>

PS: Sorry Hunter had to tie you up.
____________

"Aww, how thoughtful." You smiled. "I didn't know the scouts could be so nice."

You recall the events from the night before.

"Soup? Mushrooms on my head?"

"Oh right, I got sick last night."

Your eyes widen.

You press your hands against your cheeks as they turn warm and red.

"That means it wasn't a dream! I- I asked Hunter out!" You squealed with joy.

"Oh titan, I asked him out." You panic.

"AGhhhhhh" You groan.

Just after you ask him out, you get sick. He insisted on watching over you even when you told him to get some rest. Not to mention that he carried you all the way to your room, bridal style. Which was in your opinion, a little bit too much. Even for a drama queen like him.

You had no memory after that.

"Well, it could've been worse." You sighed.

Beside the soup and Steve's note was a box with a figure covered by a cloth.

You open the box and see your Penstagram scroll and another note.

"OMG Yes!!" You cheer. Finally, contact to the outside world.

You open the note next to it.

__________

I had to pull some strings but I finally got your scroll thingy from the short gremlin.
I know, I know, I'm the best.
No need to thank me.

Also, I found a little someone roaming around the castle.
I had to keep it confined to make sure it doesn't cause any trouble.
Not because I care for it in any way.

I'll be back soon.
Please don't die.
I mean it!

- Hunter
__________

You removed the cloth covering the mysterious shape revealing a bird cage with Mari, your palisman inside of it.

"Mari, baby, I missed you so much!"

You take her out of the cage immediately and she flutters and lands on top of your head.

"At least I'm not alone anymore." You smile.

You plop down the bed and open your scroll. You are met with a bunch of notifications.

"Oh no..."

You missed a lot of calls from Eda.

You try calling her but she's not answering so you read your messages instead.

- - - - - - - - - -

Eda: Y/N are you ok?

Please answer my calls

I don't know where you are but I hope you're ok.

We'll find you. I promise.

- - - - - - - - - -

You ended up leaving her a voice mail. Maybe if she could hear your voice, she'll stop worrying.

You spread your arms as you lay your back flat on the bed with your phone in hand.

"I hope she's ok." You sigh.

The scroll pings.

"A reply!" You gasp.

To your disapointment, it wasn't Eda.

It was a message from the group chat.

Hexside Hotties

emerald-haired goddess👑💅 : hey Y/N you're finally online!!!

Blight Bro: sup👋👋👋

we're goin on a heist 2night 😈

u should come

✨cutie🌼: can't :<

got kidnapped

held captive in the emperor's coven rn

Blight Bro: wait wat?

emerald-haired goddess👑💅 : geez Y/N you could just say no

Blight Bro: cant u read!

she just said she got kidnapped!

emerald-haired goddess👑💅: um yeah of course she did

just like the other hundred times Y/N used that as an excuse

✨cutie🌼: I so did not

fyi it was only 13 times😤

e

emerald-haired goddess👑💅: Soooo... we're freeing some critters from the pound

it's for a good cause!!

Also, viney's gonna tag along

✨cutie🌼: Aww im so jelous dgkdguiewdgwdg

Blight Bro: @emerald-haired goddess wdym?

I thought you set this up to impress viney.

emerald-haired goddess👑💅: Whaaaatt?

NO!

shut up ed!

So Y/N, You in?

✨Cutie🌼: I'll pass

still held captive

have fun tho

emerald-haired goddess👑💅: Aww

well, see you next week at school i guess

Blight Bro: u need help escaping @Y/N?

✨cutie🌼: Nah

Eda would probably get me soon.

Blight Bro: ok cool

good luck with that

cutie🌼: thanks owo

good luck with the heist ;)

- - - - - - - - - -

You put down your phone and sigh.

You're alone again, staring at the ceiling, locked in a room with only a butterfly to keep you company.

You close your eyes, trying to absorb the silence in the room.

Just then, you hear the door creak open.

You jolt up in surprise.

It was Hunter.

Hunter wearing a dirty scout uniform, scratched up, and tired.

"H-hunter?" Your eyes widen.

"Hi-" He weakly greeted.

You run to him. Just in time to catch him as he lost his balance.

"What happened to you?"

__________

Author's Notes:

So there's no eclipse lake scenes in this chapter.

I just thought it didn't fit with the flow of the story.

but I might have some ideas brewing regarding eclipse lake.

That's it. Hope you enjoyed reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 910 36
You were regarded as a weird child in kindergarten. Weren't all the kids strange though? Despite the number of weird kids in your general class and g...
366 32 16
Just a random fem y/n X Hunter story Feel free to judge Y/N l/N is all alone the she stumbles across eda the owl lady and her apprentice luz the hum...
7.8K 204 7
The Owl House Harem X Male Reader "The End? No, No, No. I reject that. We have no end... We are forever." Y/N Tesla, a boy possessing a unique level...
123K 4.3K 47
"Do you trust me!?" Hunter shouted "What is this? A fucking Disney movie!?" Y/n shouted back. "Do you want to die!?" Hunter shouted Y/n shook her he...