All On The Line {A.D.C x You}...

By carterradams

MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ READ WITH CAUTION ⛔️ (This will be your only warning) There's a killer on the loose... More

Prologue
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~27~
~28~
~29~
~30~
~31~
~32~
~33~
~34~
~35~
~36~
Book 2 Snippet

~21~

708 51 5
By carterradams

December 20th, 2021
{11:18 P.M}

"Bigger than I thought," Gunnar spoke as they walked through the main entrance. Art pieces of many different types sprawled out everywhere. Alycia's eyes glance around, finding some of the pieces quite lovely. Y/n glances over to the Australian seeing the girl looking. A small smile forms on Y/n's lips at the sight before putting their attention on Gunnar.

"Gunnar, I'm going to take Alycia around. Spot out Stevens for me?" Y/n asks as the three of them stop walking. Gunnar nods and departs from Alycia and Y/n. There Y/n gently tugs Alycia over to the left.

"What are we doing?" Alycia asks, confused as they walk over to an exhibit full of different art pieces.

"I thought you might like to look-" Y/n pauses keeping her eyes on the pieces, shrugging. "I know you like art. I seen the paintings in your apartment."

Alycia's head turns to Y/n, almost shock filling her face but she tears her eyes away and let's go of Y/n's arm. The girl let's her, standing with their hands cupped in front of them, watching the girl. Alycia walks over and looks thoroughly at each piece. And as she moved along Y/n followed with each piece. Each exhibit never letting Alycia get more than 5 feet away from them.

"Y/n Williams," a voice spoke causing Y/n to swiftly flick her eyes off of Alycia and to the person who spoke their name. There Y/n's met with a pair of brown eyes and a man with long slicked back hair.

"Harry Stevens, you bastard," Y/n spoke back causing a chuckle to escape Stevens lips as he held out his hand, Y/n taking a hold of it and shaking it.

"My, my, my. Do my eyes deceive me? You've finally came to one of my auctions," Stevens speaks as they tear their hands away. Y/n nods and glances over to Alycia who's still admiring a piece. Y/n squints her eyes taking note of the piece feeling Stevens stand beside her. "Who's the girl?"

"Right-" Y/n whispers as she takes a step forward holding out her hand. "Alycia darling, can you come over her a moment?" Alycia slightly jumps and turns, locking eyes with Y/n's. A reassuring smile forms on Y/n's lips nodding as Alycia walks over taking a hold of Y/n's hand, standing beside Y/n. "Harry Stevens this is my girlfriend, Alycia Carey. Alycia, this is the famous Harry Stevens."

Harry smiles widely as he holds out his hand. Alycia hesitantly holds her own up feeling Harry take her hand and gently kiss the top of it.

"It's a pleasure my dear," Harry says, letting go gently of the girl and turning his head to Y/n. "I never would have thought Y/n Williams would have a girlfriend, let alone such a beautiful one."

"Hell neither did I," Y/n responds both of them laughing, but Y/n was forcing it, squeezing Alycia's hand gently. The Australian felt it and glanced to Y/n before looking away. "Harry I know this is a party but do you mind if we speak some business?"

"Oh, you know I'm down to do business any time. Meet me in my office in 10 minutes?" Henry says and Y/n nods tearing her eyes from Stevens to Alycia back to Stevens. The both of them share a smile before the man walks off, going around shaking hands and talking. Y/n watches for a moment before Alycia squeezes Y/n's hand. Slowly Y/n turns her head to the green eyed girl, their eyes locking instantly.

"Come with me," Y/n says gently giving Alycia another reassuring smile as they start walking. As they start though Gunnar comes up to them causing all three of them to stop.

"I saw you spoke to him," Gunnar said and Y/n nods slightly peaking out of the corner of her eye to Alycia before looking to Gunnar.

"Alycia, will you go wait in that office for me?" Y/n asks, pointing behind Gunnar and to a giant set of red painted double doors.

"Yeah..." Alycia whispers letting go of Y/n's hand, walking past both Gunnar and Y/n. Both of them staying silent. Y/n's eyes follow Alycia, trailing the Australian's body in the black dress smirking slightly.

"Why'd you make her leave? How can you even trust her to do what you say?" Gunnar asks and Y/n shrugs watching the girl open the door slightly before going in. That's when they pull their eyes off of her and to Gunnar, smirking and reaching up her hand, gripping Gunnar's shoulder.

"I need you to do me a favor," Y/n spoke with a smirk as she tilted her head for Gunnar to follow. "You up for it?"

"You know I'd do anything for you Y/n," Gunnar responds shaking his head, a bit confused.

Y/n nods, counting on that answer. "Just follow me. I'll explain quickly because I don't want to leave her alone that long..."

<<<<>>>>

Alycia's green eyes analyze the room. Her legs slowly stepping one foot in front of the other looking at the variety of books on the large book shelf before she finds herself looking at an array of photos propped up in frames.

"That was my great trip to China, there with my two daughters and my eldest son," a voice spoke causing Alycia to jump and back up some. Her head turns, tearing her eyes from the photos to Harry Stevens. "Sorry dear didn't mean to frighten you. Where's Y/n?"

"Talking to one of the other guests," Alycia responds, her voice shy but loud enough to hear. Stevens nods, a smirk on his lips as he walks away. Alycia's eyes follow the man's finding him walking towards a bard of alcohol.

"Would you like anything?" Stevens asks and Alycia shakes her head slightly.

"No thank you," Alycia politely declines, nervously biting her bottom lip as she looks back at the photos, taking them in. It's not long before Harry was back over beside her. She could feel how close the older man was and peaking out the side of her eyes she could see the man looking at her, taking small sips of his alcohol. The girl clenches her jaw and slowly guides herself a little way away from the man, trying to create some distance, but with each step she saw him follow.

"So how'd you and Y/n meet?" Stevens asks. Alycia shrugs.

"At a diner," Alycia responds gently, continuing to look at the photos.

"I didn't take Y/n much as a diner person, but then again haven't seen her in a while," Stevens says taking a swig of his bourbon now. "You know about their secrets then?"

"Secrets?" Alycia questions, finally tearing her eyes from the photos and to the man finding him running his hand through his sort of long slicked back hair as he nods.

"Who they really are."

Alycia stays quiet for a second before slowly nodding and looking away from the man, gently crossing her arms over her chest. The man takes note of the way the Australian reacted, tilting his head to the side while placing his glass on top of the mantle where the pictures lie.

"So you know you deserve someone quite better than someone who goes around-" Stevens pauses leaning in and whispering into Alycia's ear. "Murdering people for their own twisted games." Shivers roll down Alycia's spine as his hot breathe hits her skin. She felt uncomfortable. She is uncomfortable and wanted to run. Wanted to run and hide and just get away from this man. She clenches the side of her arms, almost hugging herself as she nods at the man's words going to take a slight step backwards when she feels the man take a strand of her hair and tuck it behind her ear.

She tenses at the touch. It felt wrong. It didn't feel like the way Y/n did it.

"Please don't do that," Alycia whispers, moving her head from his hand and taking a step back, facing him. Their eyes meet and the man tilts his head.

"I'm sorry I thought- You choose Y/n..." Harry's voice lowers at the last part, tilting his head to the side. "My, my. Stockholm syndrome at its finest."

"Excuse me?" Alycia whispers, it coming out as nothing more than a breath as her eyes flick back and forth between the man's.

"Come on. I know Y/n and you didn't just meet and you've agreed to come to something like this. They're a bad person and I guarantee she's kidnapped you and has been holding you hostage-" Stevens pauses taking a step forward and reaching his hand up going to cup the girl's cheek but Alycia moves her head, however the man's a little faster and grabs a hand full of the Australian's hair, pulling her closer. Alycia's hands uncross from her chest and go to hit him but the man grabs her wrist, tightly wrapping his big sausage size fingers around her tiny wrist.

"Let me go," Alycia breathes out, as she looks back and forth between his eyes, fear rising in her eyes.

"I can help you get away from them all you have to do is tell me or show me how badly you want my help," Harry whispers, getting close to the girl. Her eyes go wide and she begins struggling feeling his grip on her hair tighten along with his grip on her wrist. However at the sound of the door knob turning Stevens let's go and back up as Alycia stumbles back a bit, biting her lip. Her eyes swiftly going to the ground as the door shuts.

"Is everything alright in here?" Y/n's voice asks, ringing through the room.

"Better than okay. I was just telling Alycia about my trip to China," Harry informs Y/n as they walk further in and glance to Alycia seeing the girl's head down as she hugs herself.

"Yeah, how was that trip?" Y/n asks, her eyes remaining on Alycia as she walks over and gently places her hand on Alycia's back. The girl keeps her head down, while Y/n's eyes remain on her side profile.

"One of the best. You should have came Y/n. Beautiful women everywhere!" Harry exclaims reaching over and grabbing his glass of bourbon. "Would you like anything?" He gently raises his drink and swirls it a bit as Y/n tears her eyes from Alycia to the man.

"I'm good," Y/n says, eyeing the man as he nods. A cheerful smile plastered against his face. He walks away from Y/n and Alycia allowing Y/n to look back at the Australian, gently moving circles on her back.

"Shall we discuss business then?" Harry asks after pouring himself another drink.

"Yeah," Y/n trails her word as she takes a step back and extends her arm for Alycia. "Go ahead, Alycia." Y/n pats the green eyed girl's back gently as Alycia slowly moves her legs heading towards the couch.

"She can sit with me-"

"No, she'll sit with me," Y/n spoke quickly cutting the older man off. They let Alycia sit before sitting themselves, gently placing their hand on Alycia's knee, giving it a tight squeeze. Y/n's eyes however remained on Stevens as he took a swig of his drink relaxing on the couch across from Alycia and Y/n.

"So what's this business about?"

"Well rumor is you're the best person to make someone disappear without being detected-" Y/n pauses looking at the man shrugging. "I need out of the state, out of the country but problem is Alycia needs to go too."

Alycia stays quiet but her eyes go wide at the comment before settling. Stevens raises a brow at the Y/n taking a sip of his bourbon once more.

"I know you want something in return. I'll give you anything but her," Y/n says tilting her head  towards Alycia. Stevens sits up, setting his bourbon down on the coffee table.

"Now now. You bring a beautiful girl like that in here and expect me not to believe that's what you're offering?" Stevens speaks and Y/n nods. "Now Y/n-"

"She's not on the table Stevens. She's mine. Always was and always will be. I'm not giving her up," Y/n said cutting the man off. A small smile creeps onto Alycia's lips at the comment she's mine.

"You've brought me girls before, what's different this time?"

"I actually like this one."

A laugh escapes Stevens, shaking his head from side to side. "Not even a piece-"

"The answer's no Harry-" Y/n pauses, gently removing her hand off of Alycia's knee and stands up, glancing to the Australian. "Alycia come on. We're leaving."

Hesitantly, Alycia slowly stands as Y/n tears her eyes from her. Harry watches standing too, putting his hands up in defense.

"Wait , wait wait," Harry says looking back and forth between Y/n and Alycia. "That deal we made when you shot me, I want your end of the bargain."

A scoffed chuckle escapes Y/n as she rolls her eyes at the man. "That's an odd choice but fine," Y/n nods, but quickly adds. "But one more thing."

"Yes?" Stevens speaks tilting his head as Y/n lifts their hand up pointing at three different spots on her body. First her thigh, then her shoulder and finally the right side of her chest. "How are the wounds?"

"Healing still."

"You're welcome," Y/n smiles proudly before tearing her eyes from the man. "Come on." Y/n reaches forward and gently places her hand on Alycia's back, motioning her head towards the door. The Australian begins to walk, Y/n following.

"Tomorrow then. 5 p.m," Harry says as the two get to the door.

"Meet at the spot," Y/n shouts back, grabbing a hold of the knob and opening the door. She steps to the side, looking to Alycia, allowing the girl to go out first. After she does Y/n follows, not glancing over her shoulder. She didn't want to look at Stevens. Their focus was on Alycia. And as soon as they both got out the door Y/n reaches over and grabs Alycia's hand, intertwining their fingers as they walk through all the people before they get out the front doors.

Once they're through Y/n pulls Alycia over to the side, grabbing the girl by the waist and putting her up against the wall. She lets go of Alycia's hand, cupping Alycia's face in both of their hands.

"Are you okay? Did he do something to you?" Y/n asks, their eyes swiftly gliding every inch of Alycia that was physically visible.

"I'm fine, Y/n. I'm fine," Alycia responds reaching up her hands and wrapping her cold fingers around Y/n's wrists.

"You didn't seem fine-" Y/n pauses, their voice lower than it was. There they lock eyes and Y/n's do a cross, a mix of softness and concern while looking at the green eyed girl. "Did he say something? Alycia if he hurt you-"

"Y/n, stop please. It's fine. Nothing happened. He was just being weird. It's okay," Alycia spoke, trying to convince Y/n but also try and to convince herself of what she was saying. Y/n flicked their eyes back and forth between Alycia's eyes gently dropping her hands off of Alycia's face.

"You would tell me though right? If someone hurts you, I need to know."

"Why?" It comes out fast causing a bit of a panic to rush through Alycia. Y/n clenches her jaw and shakes her head from side to side as the sound of a horn honks. Y/n swiftly glances over her shoulder to lock eyes with Gunnar's, who's waving the two over. A low sigh escapes Y/n as they slowly turn their head back around and lock eyes with Alycia's beautiful green ones.

"Because kitten, you're mine," Y/n whispers before backing up and grabbing the girl's hand once more, leading the Australian over to the car. Alycia's eyes go wide, processing Y/n's words while looking at the ground. Silence surrounds the two of them as they walk over to the car and get in. Gunnar eyes the two of them as they get situated, but no one speaks. The low sound of the radio fills the dead silent as the car begins to move.

Alycia's heart was racing and Y/n's words ring through her head. She knew she was in too deep. This whole situation was fucked up. But she also heard Stevens voice in her head. Stockholm syndrome at its finest. The girl bites her lip, trying to stir her mind somewhere else to stop thinking about it. She didn't have Stockholm syndrome. How could she? She was trying to survive. Or maybe she does like Y/n.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Heart By Mara Jade

Mystery / Thriller

17K 1.1K 27
Her name was Gabriella Quintanilla. She was a senior in high school during this time. She had the looks, all the boys, the popularity, the clothes, a...
3.4K 73 14
People come and people go. Yet sometimes, they walk away, leaving grief and confusion within you. As if a whole tornado of emotions spun around your...
382 0 35
Alice is 20 when she learns that all men do is take. Alice is 21 when she steals her first life. Setting upon a path of justice and vengeance, Alice...
44.8K 1.8K 33
🥉🥉Third Place in 'New Adult' Platinum Award 2020🥉🥉 Book 1 in The Gangleader's Obsession duology. Blurb: Shania Jakes has been through a life of...