Shadows Of Sin

By xox_aishax

A shadow. A mystery. But to some, a problem that must be removed. _ Ashe is a large part of Meliodas's past... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Not an Update
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Bonus Chapter 6
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Fourteen

319 10 4
By xox_aishax

Zeldris seemed to have had enough but just as he ran to attack, we were pulled back by Merlin and were once again stood in front of the sins and druids.

"Well that was fun." I grinned, running a lazy hand through my unruly hair.

-

They all threw up. All of the food he'd made was on the floor, a giant mess surrounding me as I made my way down the stairs.

He was the only one who made it out unscathed as he chuckled slightly. The corner of my lips lifted, an eyebrow raised as I asked a silent question.

His lips stretched into a grin as he shrugged and made his way over, going on his tiptoes slightly to throw an arm over my shoulder, bringing me lower and pressing his cheek against mine.

"That was fun!" He exclaimed, bursting into a fit of laughter.

It was something I'd quickly noticed as time went on.

He was happy. Too happy. Not that he wasn't allowed to be happy but it almost seemed forced, like he had to be happy.

Something just wasn't right.

"Meliodas we-" I started, only to be interrupted by him as he pointed to the window where blue bird-like demons flew in the sky, dropping what appeared to be posters of some kind.

"I wonder what that is..." he spoke, going outside and crouching down to pick one up.

"A flyer of some sort?" I murmured, brushing off the unasked questions and saving them for later.

Leaning down, I picked up one of the sheets of paper, reading what it said.

"Any wish?" Meliodad asked, his eyes twinkling.

He knew it was a trap...right? I shook my head, of course he did. If I knew Meliodas even just a fraction of how much I used to know him, he had a plan of some sorts and was definitely going to carry it out.

"So I'm guessing we're going?" I asked, leaning my weight onto one foot while I placed a hand on my hip.

"That's right! This reminds me of the old days when we'd go on adventures together. Only this time, the whole gang's gonna be there." He grinned.

I shivered as the memories rushed through my mind.

But were any of them actually real? A small, sinister voice whispered to me. If your relationship could be destroyed so easily, who's to say anything either of you felt was real. I could almost feel its smirk.

I shook my head slightly. What was the point.

-

We were lost.

Not all of us; just Creede and I.

Hopelessly lost and terribly scattered. As I thought about it I realised this was probably what the Commandments had wanted. That and the help of illusions would make weeding out the weaker links light work.

Finding nothing better to do, I decided to ask my darling brother a question that had been on my mind for quite a while.

"Creede." I spoke. He looked at me, a brow raised. "That day when we went to Istar... what did you and Meliodas talk about?"

He let out a short laugh- it lacked any sense of humour.

"Don't worry yourself about it sister. It was nothing important." He shrugged, running his fingers through his hair.

"Tell me." I insisted, which triggered an endless back and forth argument of me continuously insisting while he kept on declining until he finally gave in. "Stubborn bitch." He muttered.

"I heard that." I snapped, smacking the back of his head.

He rolled his eyes at that. "It was just some friendly catching up. He updated me on what's been going on the past few weeks...and about that goddess of his."

He wasn't lying, I could tell that much, but he wasn't telling me the full truth either.

A sudden burning at my hip shook me. "What the fuck?!!" I hissed, crouching down to the ground when I felt my legs could no longer support me.

"Ashe?" Creede asked, concern immediately engulfing his voice.

"What the hell's going on?!" I managed to ask, feeling my tongue become heavy and limbs numb. Trying my best to move myself, I shrugged off the cloak I'd worn, turning on my side and letting Creede see my tattoo which I suspected was the cause of my pain. Not the root, but definitely the cause.

"Ashe what is this doing to you?!" He whispered out, carefully prodding the area around it.

"I don't fucking know." I grit out, pulling a dagger out of my thigh holster.

I lifted my head, seeing that the familiar flame and tail was surrounded by pulsating purple flesh that seemed to be slowly spreading out like spilt ink.

My mouth was dry as I panted for water, taking my dagger and sticking it into my hip, right on the tattoo.

"Stygiac frost." I murmured, letting the burning cold ice spread over the area, hopefully prohibiting the- whatever it was- from spreading.

"Bind." Creede spoke up, placing a hand over the ice and allowing pitch black ribbons of darkness to wrap around the wound.

It hurt like a bitch but I'd already let out enough sounds depicting my obvious pain to last me at least another century so bit my tongue as a much more pained scream threatened to leave my lips.

'You've been through worse.' I thought to myself. 'You've been through worse and been silent through it all so stop proving that bitch right who said you've gotten weak.'

That was all I needed to think as I felt the mana in my frost attack the mana in the wound. Two powerful forces fighting one another, each with resolve stronger than most and yet not strong enough to defeat the other.

Curious.

I grit my teeth, helping myself up and brushing away Creede's helping hand with a slight shake of my head.

He nodded, understanding, and I felt tears threaten to leave my eyes as I realised just how happy I was to have him back in my life.

Creede didn't make another move to help me, but was there, just close enough so if I fell I'd fall into him and he'd be able to support me.

"Let's go." I bit back a cry as I took the first step, the pain getting slightly more and more bearable with each step that I took.

"Ashe if the pain is too much-" I cut him off before he could continue.

"I said let's go, Creede."

-

In the end, my ego and pride didn't allow me to use the support Creede offered as I chose biting my tongue till I drew blood over showing any more weakness. This was easy.

Mind over matter, I reminded myself.

Fortunately, through the many twists and turns of the intricate labyrinth, Creede and I had managed to finally make our way out as we found ourselves reunited with all seven of the sins along with a fairy named Elaine and a giant called Matrona.

I knew of them, bits and pieces I'd collected while keeping tabs on Meliodas.

"What happened to you?" I asked the blonde fairy. I could sense the darkness that shrouded her, withheld by an equally powerful source of light.

Curiouser.

I'd only ever seen this type of aura around one person before, a victim of the commandment of faith. Someone who'd been bought back to life by the commandment.

"I should be saying that to you. I think you should go talk to him about it." She gave an innocent smile, and I gave a small smile back as I kicked her out of my mind.

Although that might have been a little hypocritical of me considering before doing so I'd managed to use the fact that she was reading my thoughts to enter her own.

I had mixed opinions on her relationship with the immortal fox sin, however it really wasn't my place to speak on people's relationships considering I could barely get my head around my own.

"L-Lady Ashe?" Elizabeth spoke up as I was making my way over to Meliodas.

"Yes?" I replied, gritting out a smile. It felt that every step I took towards Meliodas, the pain got so much worse.

"I just want to say that- that I." She paused, taking a deep breath. "I really-"

"Ashe!" Meliodas interrupted, and I gave Elizabeth a sorry smile before turning to him, where he grabbed my hand and was about to pull me away. The skin contact burned an icy burn.

Why did everyone suddenly want to talk to me??

Just as I was about to ask Meliodas what he'd wanted, the ground shook and a clear, loud voice reverberated through the ground.

I looked up and saw a four armed giant next to a mess of green tentacles. Drole and Gloxinia.

"Ladies and gentlemen of various races, welcome to this ultimate time killer... no, I mean the Great Fighting Festival!" I rolled my eyes at Gloxinia. Nonetheless, he continued.

"First, let's prepare the arena where you'll be fighting. Take it away, Drole."

The giant immediately slammed his fists together, creating a huge pair of stone hands with the base of their palms touching and the flat fingertips pointing upwards.

"Magnificent." Gloxinia praised. "This is the arena where you'll be battling! Since I'd like to get started right away, I'll be cutting off entrants now... I'm going to wipe out all those little worms still lurking in the maze, okay?"

With that, the tentacle like vines spread out around the ex fairy king, becoming deadly thorns that rushed into the labyrinth and obviously killing anyone still wondering around.

Watching the green snake like plants slither around the earthen contraption, I was left mesmerised, completely blocking out King's muttering.

"All right then. Time to get this Great Fighting Festival started! Taizoo, you're up."

A trembling bald man in a black and white striped shirt stuttered forward, trying his pitiful best not to let his intimidated stance show.

Listening to him address the crowd of survivors, I was aware of Ban and Meliodas making small commentary about their anticipation. Maybe there would be something to look forward to after all.

"Welcome, you bunch of savages, starving for a fight!" The man began. "The opening bout will be a two-man tag match! Are you ready?!"

There was no reply.

My head seemed a thousand times heavier as I was suddenly completely unaware of my surroundings, holding my pounding head in my hands.

I made no audible sound of my pain, however Creede was immediately by my side, supporting me, and I couldn't find it in me to protest.

"Give me one of your daggers." He quietly spoke as he led us slightly back so we weren't in plain sight like we'd been in before. He effortlessly cast a quick spell to make us seem invisible to everyone around us.

I had no strength to say no as I wordlessly nodded, taking a dagger and somehow managing to verbally give him permission to take it.

Without hesitating, he cut a gash on his wrist and my eyes widened as smoke began to leave the wound before he forced his wrist to my lips, his blood entering my mouth.

I knew it didn't lessen the pain itself, but it still gave me some strength and a feeling of relief.

"It's not my blood you need. I- the journals- you- fuck. 452 years and yet- how do I-" Creede's breathing was becoming erratic as he tried saying multiple things at once.

He was panting, his breaths shallow as he struggled to inhale gulps of air. His eyes filled with unshed tears and as a single drop fell down his cheek, I felt my heart clench.

Swallowing one last gulp of his blood and gaining the energy I needed to compose myself, I sat up, hugging my brother tight.

"Creede. Listen to me, we're all okay. We're both here and we're both alive. We're okay. Deep breaths." Wetness coated his cheeks. "Breathe with me." I spoke, taking in deep breaths, taking them in and releasing them.

Deep breath in while I stroked circles with my palm on his back four times. Deep breath out as I repeated the action.

Over and over till he was no longer gasping and outwardly struggling as much.

My darling brother. While Shadowes had many emotional attributes, Creede seemed to have taken the crown when it came to easily triggered panic attacks.

Though I wouldn't say easy... it depended more on the situation and the people involved.

His breathing slowed along with his heartbeat. "We're okay." He whispered, his hand that was hot with the remnants of the healing clutching mine.

"Are you tired?" I whispered, stroking his back slightly as he properly settled down.

"Mhm." He hummed.

"Sleep later, yeah? I have a bad feeling so we need to be out there for if something happens." He nodded again, sighing before handing my dagger back to me.

I grinned at him, putting it back in my holster.

"That was a sight for sore eyes." Gloxinia snickered from in front of us and I immediately turned to glare at him.

Looking behind, I took notice of the pairs who'd been arranged against each other all stood on each fingertip.

I turned my attention back to the ex king in front of me.

"Fuck off Gloxinia. Hurry up and assign us to a team, I've been dying to kill someone." I gave a wolfish grin.

"That's perfect." He offered an empty, almost pitiful smile. "You'll be fighting Meliodas and his friend."

My heart stopped.

-

A/N: hey y'alls. (I'm not even American what am i doing. Speaking of, drop your flagsss I'm 🇹🇿 but born and raised in 🇬🇧 as a British citizen.(I don't even like tea like that but it's my go to when I get sick)) currently holidaying in 🇹🇿 after exams.

Anyways this chapter was gonna be wayyy longer since I had a sudden rush of inspiration for how I'm gonna get to the next plot point and I'm just here like WRITE. THAT. DOWN.

I love my cliffhangers so just couldn't resist...

I wonder why Ashe is in pain and Meliodas is completely fine... *glances at my notes on their tattoos* lmao

Does that even count as spoiler??😭

I'm talking too much thanks for being patient with me guys pls let me know what you thought!!

Am I gonna be a prick and drop a bonus chapter before the next chapter... possibly?

Love you guys!!

Jā na.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 1.1K 22
This is nothing but a bunch of one shots mostly meliodas and zeldris x reader(request closed) [VERY OLD] Started: March 3st 2020 Ended: August 1...
125K 1.7K 16
Hi guys, this is my very first reader insert fanfiction so I hope you enjoy it. I do not own any of the characters of Nanatsu no Taizai or you, the...
246 3 5
Everyone knows that the Seven Deadly Sins are criminals and rebels that the Holy Knights are pursuing. But what if those stories are wrong? What if t...
284K 5.3K 17
You have been with the captain since he was born, you were with the ten commandments with him, you joined the eight deadly sins with him, you were hi...