Lockers and Love

By Tivaholic

What would the NCIS team be like in High School? Ziva's the new kid in school when she moves to DC with her m... More

Character Descriptions
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Thirty-Five

140 4 0
By Tivaholic

Prom. Prom was here. As Ziva stood in front of the mirror with her dress on, she couldn't believe that she was already here. It felt just like yesterday that she was arriving in America to start her new life with her mother. It had been almost a year since she lost Tali, and even though she missed her deeply, she loved her life now. She had an amazing friend group, an amazing mother, and an amazing boyfriend who loved her and would always be there for her.

"Are you almost ready?" Abby's voice snapped her out of her thoughts as she turned around to face Abby and Breena. Abby was wearing an all-black ensemble with a dip in the top, showing just enough cleavage. Breena was wearing a beautiful strapless yellow dress. It flowed around her perfectly and she looked radiant with her beautiful blue eyes and a wide smile. She couldn't help but laugh at the difference between the two of them.

"I am almost ready, Abby. I just need to put in my earrings." But as she looked around, she couldn't find them. She looked under blankets, pillows, and her previously-worn pile of clothes, but still couldn't find her damn earrings. She began to panic. Her mother had given her those at her Bat Mitzvah when she was 12. She looked around frantic, her heart beating against her chest.

"Abby, I cannot find my earrings." She said hastily, and somewhat out of breath. Abby looked concerned for a split second before she sighed.

"Ziva." She didn't answer.

"Ziva!" She still didn't answer.

"ZIVA!" She finally swung around to look Abby in the eye, only to see her holding the earrings in question. Ziva sighed in relief, thankful that they were found and in one piece. She couldn't imagine the sadness her mother were to feel if she had lost them for good.

"Thank you, Abby." She gently took the box from Abby's hand and slid the earrings out and put them into her ears. The diamonds glistened in the light as they rested in her ears.

"Now are we ready to go?" Abby whines, literally restraining herself from bolting out the door. Ziva smiled and nodded before she and Breena followed Abby down the stairs.

All of sudden, Abby stopped right in the middle of the stairs. Her eyes went wide and she bolted back up the stairs. Ziva and Breena looked at each other in confusion before they made the decision to follow her. They made their way back into the room only to see the bathroom door was closed. Ziva walked over to the door.

"Abby, are you okay?" She didn't receive a response.

"Abby, if you do not respond to me in 5 seconds, I am kicking the door down." Still no response. What was with them and the no responses today?

"Alright fine, 1...2...3...4...last chance." She paused, hoping Abby would open the door. Just as she was about to kick it down, the door unlocked, and out came Abby. She looked on the verge of tears.

"Abby, what is wrong?" Abby shook her head.

"What if he doesn't do it?" Ziva looked at her confused.

"What if who doesn't do what?"

"What if Tim doesn't make this a date?" Ziva sighed in understanding.

"He will, but if he does not, then there is nothing wrong in a woman making the first move." Abby looked at her, still unsure.

"Abby, you are smart, funny, beautiful, and the kindest person that I know. He would be a fool not to ask you out." Abby smiled at that before wrapping Ziva in a hug.

"Thank you, Ziva. Really." Ziva sighed and smiled.

"You are welcome. Now can we go to prom?" Abby laughed and nodded.

As they made their way down the stairs a second time, nobody stopped for a spontaneous bathroom panic attack. Rivka, Jenny, Gloria, and Renee, Breena's mother, were all waiting for them in the living room. Renee walked over to Breena and gave her a hug, wiping away tears as she pulled back. Gloria did the same with Abby, while Rivka and Jenny came over to her.

"You look beautiful, Zivaleh. Your brother and sister would be so proud." Ziva's eyes glistened with tears. She knew how important her siblings were to her. She was glad that her mother didn't mention her father though, she didn't want this day to be plagued by the bad memories. She turned to Jenny seeing her with tears in her eyes as well.

"My son isn't going to know what hit him." Ziva and Rivka laughed.

"You are the best thing that has ever happened to him." Ziva smiled at her, her eyes bright with emotion.

"He is the best thing to ever happen to me." Jenny smiled at her, knowing she was telling the truth. As they were exchanging pleasantries, they heard the roar of an engine pulling into the driveway, no doubt Tony's mustang. They also heard Tim's Audi as well as Jimmy's 1963 Morgan. They laughed as they heard the doors closed and the hurried footsteps to the door. The knock came only seconds later.

Rivka moved over to open the door and smiled at how handsome they all looked. Tony walked in first. His black suit and blue tie matching perfectly with Ziva. He as well as the others had matching corsages in there hands. As soon as Tony layed eyes on her, he stopped in his tracks causing Tim and Jimmy to slam into his back like a domino. She smiled at him as his jaw dropped and his eyes darkened. She always enjoyed seeing him flustered and speechless. He walked over to her, eyes raking over her body with his darkened green eyes.

"You look beautiful." Was all he said before he placed a kiss on her lips. He tried to deepen the kiss, but she pulled back before he could do so. Silently saying, "not here". He pulled out the corsage from its box, carefully put it on her wrist and held her hand in his.

They could see Tim walking over to Abby, and Jimmy walking over to Breena. Abby quickly looked over to Ziva. She nodded her head in encouragement. Abby nodded back, seeming more confident.

"You look amazing Abby." Tim said, taking in her black dress while she took in his all black suit.

"You aren't looking to bad yourself, Timmy." Tim smiled at her before putting her corsage on her wrist. He looked nervous, barely able to take his eyes off of her, and seemed fidgety, Maybe he would tell her after all.

Jimmy looked absolutely flabbergasted as he took in Breena. His jaw was practically on the floor and he couldn't turn his head away from her.

"I...love you." He choked out, shocking them all. They knew they hadn't said that to one another yet, but Jimmy seemed somewhat determined. Breena looked at him shocked until her face blossomed with a smile.

"I love you too, Jimmy." Jimmy's smile was even wider than before as he realized she recuperated his feelings. He pulled her into a hug before planted a kiss on her lips.

Ziva looked over at Tim. He was messing with his hands and looking subtly at Abby. He caught her looking at him and went wide eyes as he realized why she was staring at him. He gulped silently and then nodded to her, telling her that he was going to do it, just not right now. She smirked before looking back at Tony.

"I like your tie."

"Really? Even though it's not a bowtie?" She laughed.

"Yes, even though it is not a bowtie." They all took there pictures and were headed out the door within the next 30 minutes. They all separated to go with there respective dates to there respective cars. Tony opened the door for her and as she sat down in the seat, she saw a bouquet of red roses waiting for her. She smiled at the gesture. Every since he found out she loved red roses, he made it a point to get her as many as he could whenever he could. She loved how considerate he was.

They turned on the radio and made the drive to school, seeing as prom was being held in the gym. When they pulled into the parking lot not even 10 minutes later, they got out and headed inside. The school had been very secretive about the theme of prom, and even though Abby was on the prom committee, she refused to tell anybody. Her exact words were, "I can't tell you, but I promise you'll love it." She hoped that was true.

As Tony and Ziva walked in hand-in-hand, they gasped at the decorations. The prom was Paris themed with an Eiffel Tower in the middle of the gym and stars lining the roof and shining down on them. Abby was right, they did love it. They even had croissants lining part of the food table as well as other french finger foods. They were greeted by Coach Fornell and Mrs. Sterling, who seconds after greeting them, started flirting. Clearly nothing much had changed on that front since the beginning of the year.

They walked over to a table, claiming it by putting there things down.

"Do you want anything to drink?" Tony asked, already a step towards the tables.

"Sure, I would like some water." Tony nodded, placed a kiss on her forehead then made his way over to the tables.

___________________________________________________________

Abby moved over to talk with some of her Computer Programming friends with Tim next to her converging in the conversation as well. When the friends left to get some food, Tim pulled her over to a quiet corner of the gym. He looked nervous. Very nervous. What if this was it? What if he was going to tell her how he felt? Finally after what seemed like ages, he spoke."

"Abby...do you want anything to drink?" She was filled with disappointment.

"No. I don't want a drink, Tim." The sadness in her voice could be heard by him. He reached out to her, holding her hand, and looking into her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I chickened out at the last second." She couldn't stop the tiny smirk that appeared.

"Do you need help?" He smiled at her, almost laughing, until his face turned serious.

"Abby...I love you. I've been in love with you since the moment I met you. You have always been there for me and are the kindest, most loving person that I know. I love you and I want to show you how much every day for as long as you'll have me." Abby smiled at him.

"Now was that so hard?" He chuckled and looked up at her, waiting.

"I love you too, Timmy." The smile on his face was the biggest one she had ever seen. He leaned in and placed a delicate kiss on her lips. When they pulled back, they were smiling. They jumped back when Tony shouted "Get it, ElfLord!" He was silenced by a smack to the head by Ziva. Tim leaned in and kissed her again, feeling completely happy for the first time.

___________________________________________________________

After an hour or two of dancing, eating, laughing, and spending time together, a teacher climbed up on stage and took the mic from its holder.

"Alright everybody, it's time to announce our 2009 Prom King and Queen!" Everyone clapped, waiting for the results to be read. A survey had been sent out a week before for everyone to vote. Somehow Ziva managed to be on that list, but so was Jeanne. Throughout the week, she had been badmouthing her more than usual and Ziva was about tired of it. Even though a restraining order was keeping her from a certain amount of feet from them, it almost didn't matter. She still found ways to torment and annoy them.

She was brought out of her thoughts by the teacher continuing.

"As you know, a survey was sent out this week to vote on who you wanted to be Prom King and Queen. Thank you to all who voted and for being here tonight." She took two envelopes from a table nearby.

"Alright, Class of 2009, your Prom King is...Anthony Gibbs!" The gymnasium erupted with applause. Tony smiled and planted a kiss on Ziva's lips before making his way to the stage. The gold crown was placed atop his head as well as a white sash draped from his shoulders. He looked at her and winked, looking handsome with his new additions.

"And for your Prom Queen. Give it up for...Ziva David!" Ziva looked astonished. She knew she was a nominee but she didn't actually think she would win the thing. She could hear Jeanne stomp the ground like a preschooler before storming out, but she didn't care. She looked towards Tony again, realizing he was smiling at her, waiting for her to join him on the stage. She walked through the crowd, carefully walked up the stage, and took her place next to Tony. A golden tiara was placed atop her head as her own sash was put on her shoulders.

"Let's get another round of applause for our Senior Class of 2009 Prom King and Queen!" The gymnasium again erupted, students shouted there congratulations and Tony's teammates yelling for him to kiss her. He did just that.

"Let's make some room for these two to have there dance." With that, the teacher nodded to the band, then walked off the stage. Tony and Ziva made there way to the middle of the gym, people getting out of there way as they went. Tony put his hands on her waist, while hers went to his neck. A slow song played that she didn't know the name of, but she didn't mind. She only cared about the man she was dancing with, a memory flooding through her mind.

'Ziva, one day you will dance with a man that deserves your love.' Her fathers voice rang out in her head, pulling her to a different time. Before punishments, before death. She had danced with her father in there Tel Aviv home, right before he was to leave for a mission. She remembered the feeling of being sad that he was leaving, but happy for the moment they were sharing.

She looked up at Tony and realized, she was. She was dancing with a man that deserved her love. Who deserved everything she had to offer. She smiled, tears shining in her eyes. Tony's eyebrows scrunched together.

"Are you okay?" She nodded, still smiling.

"I love you, Tony." He smiled, his hand moving up and down her back as they danced.

"I love you too, Ziva."

___________________________________________________________

As the dance ended, Tony and Ziva moved over to their group, reaching for hugs and pats on the back. Tony went over to Tim, giving him a headslap and a hug.

"Finally." That was all he said before coming back to her side. They all chatted before heading back out to the dance floor. Tony even breakdancing to Get Low by Lil Jon.

Around 11 o'clock that evening, that made the announcement to leave school grounds and Fornell even threw in a "don't do anything stupid." As they left the gym and made their way to their cars, they realized this would be their last day together. Tony and Ziva were graduating the next day while the others had another year. Tony sighed.

"You know. A part of me isn't ready to go." He looked at the school, the floodlights on so they could see just enough of the building. Ziva rubbed her hand up and down his back, feeling the same.

"This is the first time in my life I have gotten to do what I wanted. You all have shown me what it is like to live and be happy. I am not ready to leave yet." Ziva's eyes sparkled with unshed tears, while Abby already had streaks coming down her cheeks. Abby rushed over to hug the both of them.

"Hey, we still have majority of the summer to hang out before you have to leave. We could do a whole lot of stuff in that time." They all laughed.

"Yeah, your right, Abbs. Why don't we make a huge beach trip? Like a week-long of just the beach, the sun, and each other." Everyone's eyes lit up at the idea.

"That would be awesome!" Abby squealed, and everyone else nodded their heads in agreement.

"Then it's set. We will spend so much time together that by the time we leave, you won't miss us." Tony joked but Abby smacked him on the back of the head.

"No amount of time together would ever make that happen." Tony rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

"Solid Copy." The 08 laughed before saying their goodbyes for the night. Opting to see each other tomorrow for Tony and Ziva's big day. Tony and Ziva got into his car, pulled out of his parking spot, and left school grounds. He pulled her hand over the center console and held it, not wanting to let go.

Their lives were about to change and they couldn't wait for it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.3K 2K 72
Having to adopt kids is a big job for any normal person. But what if you were an NCIS agent? possibly called Tony and Ziva or Jenny and Gibbs or McGe...
25.5K 1K 31
Tony, Ziva, McGee and Gibbs have a week away from work, no dead marines or petty officers murders to solve, no director to answer to, no early mornin...
25.8K 1.3K 48
TIVA FANFIC Ziva is 16 years old and an agent of Mossad. Because of her dads' work ( Director of Mossad ) she has been to D.C. for almost a week (5 d...
4.3K 15 18
Ziva reunites with Tony and Tali in Paris. She has trouble reconnecting. When she finally does, she and Tony make the decision to tie the knot. Wil...