already gone ✵ derek shepherd...

By lqverss

❝ now all our memories , they're haunted. ❞ ↠ in which she fell first but he fell harder... More

❝ ALREADY GONE ❞
act one.
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter three.
chapter four.
chapter five.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter eleven.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.
chapter fourteen.
chapter sixteen.
chapter seventeen.
chapter eighteen.
chapter nineteen.
chapter twenty.
chapter twenty-one.
chapter twenty-two.
chapter twenty-three.
chapter twenty-four.
chapter twenty-five.
chapter twenty-six.
chapter twenty-seven.
chapter twenty-eight.
chapter twenty-nine.
chapter thirty.
act two.
chapter thirty-one.
chapter thirty-two.
chapter thirty-three.
chapter thirty-four ( from the vault )
chapter thirty-five.
chapter thirty-six.
chapter thirty-seven.
chapter thirty-eight.
chapter thirty-nine.
chapter forty.
chapter forty-one.
chapter forty-two.
chapter forty-three.

chapter fifteen.

6.8K 250 17
By lqverss

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━CHAPTER FIFTEEN 

( I GOTTA FEELING ) , it's the end of the world.

song suggestion: " i gotta feeling " by the black eyed peas.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     MEREDITH APPROACHED JAMIE'S ROOM ONE MORNING AND KNOCKED ON THE CLOSED, OAK DOOR. "James?" She asked, leaning her head against the wall. "Jamie Grey, are you okay in there? We're going to be late, let's go." She rapped her knuckles against the frame many times in a row. 

     "I'm not going to work!" The oldest replied, her voice slightly muffled by a pillow. 

     "You have to go to work, James." Meredith huffed a breath before opening the door and jumping next to her sister, lying on her bed. "This is how we make money, afford this nice, big house that we live in. Plus, you're an resident, saving lives isn't optional for us- especially you."

     Jamie turned around so she wasn't facing her sister and grumbled. "Yes, it is. I'm staying home."

     "Do I need to call Kathryn? Ooh, or maybe there will be a horrible accident nearby the hospital, and you'll get to cut a bunch of people open, you know like sternotomies, craniotomies. Fun surgical stuff, yay!"

     "As much as you're trying to help, Mer. I don't care about surgeries."

     The youngest scoffed in reply. "Since when do you not care about surgeries? I'm calling Kathryn."

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     "What's going on?" Kathryn questioned her friend who was still lying in bed, her faced shoved in a pillow. "Why did you make me get up earlier than I needed to, just to meet you here?"

     "The man I love has a wife; it's called sympathy." Jamie retorted with a roll of her eyes. "Plus, I feel like I might die today. I'm not really worried just exhausted. But keep an eye on Mer after I go, just in case I die because I'm entering a depression stage I didn't even fucking know existed."

     "Woah, wait a minute." Her friend stopped her. "You aren't going to go like... psychotic, are you? I'm just saying, James, you can't say that shit out loud and expect me to not be worried."

     "I know it's just... everything seems to be going to shit and it's like; what the actual hell is going on? How did this happen, more importantly, why did this happen?" The blonde ranted. "Not to mention that the man that I love chooses his wife over me and now she has my dog. Okay, well, she didn't take the dog, I gave it to her- that's not the point, I wanted to give it to him. But that does not change the fact that she's got- as the interns say- my McDreamy and my McDog. She's got my McLife!"

     Kathryn stopped the woman on the left side of the bed. "Okay, stop putting Mc in front of everything and maybe I'll understand better."

     "I've got nothing, Kathryn. Maybe I should stay at home and smother myself in pillows and drown out my misery."

     "I'm sorry, James. You know what, I've let this go on for too long. I'm going to kick his ass."

     Jamie Grey took a deep breath before closing her eyes. "Do you know I can't remember the last time we even kissed?" She whispered, tears building up behind her eyes. "Because you never think the last time is the last time, you think there will be more. You think that you have forever, but there isn't. It's bullshit."

      "Amen, sister." 

      "I need something to happen. I need it."

     "You need to get laid." Kathryn scoffed before her friend gave her a sour look. "What, I'm just saying, getting laid increases endorphins and serotonin in your body. Come on, Jamie, tell me that you disagree with me."

     "I'm not saying you're wrong, but you seem to be a very hormonal person. Is all you think about is getting laid and having sex?" 

     "What's wrong with wanting to have a lot of sex?" Kathryn asked. "Are you calling me a whore?"

     "Yes, I am." The blonde smirked before shaking her head. "I'm not but seriously, are you having like... a hormonal imbalance? Adam can check that out for you, he's done lots of stuff like that. He's a pretty damn good doctor." 

     Her friend shook her head. "No, no. I don't have a hormonal imbalance. And even if I did, I wouldn't get it checked out, especially not by Williams." 

     Jamie scoffed at that. "What is your problem with Adam? It's like you hate him and you've barely known the guy. What's up with that. But if we're being perfectly honest here, Adam was a little weird when I first met him, but I've learned to love it and I think he's awesome. He's practically my brother, you can't help but love the guy."

     "Yeah, right." Kathryn scrunched her nose in disgust. "Williams, loveable? I don't think so."

     "Don't be so harsh, Adam is a good guy."

     "I don't doubt that it's just... never mind." 

     "What?" Jamie raised an eyebrow at her friend. "Are you falling in love with him? Oh my- Kathryn!" She then squealed in excitement, her mood instantly changing. "How are you falling in love with him, I mean, unless you're using the hate as a coping mechanism and you're not facing your true feelings which isn't good, you two would be good for each other. Kathryn Williams, has a nice ring to it."

     "No!" The other woman protested, cutting Jamie off with a punch to the female's shoulder. "I'm not falling in love with Williams. Never in my life will that happen- no! Bad Jamie don't ever think that! My name is Kathryn Harper and will always be Kathryn Harper. I'm not falling in love with Adam."

     Jamie gushed. "Aw, you used his first name."

     "I'm going to literally murder you." 

     "I'm just saying, Kathryn. You never- not once since you've came here to Seattle Grace have you used Adam William's first name. Never." 

     "That's because he's a joke. Alright? I barely know the guy, cut me some slack."

     "I can't believe you," The younger girl shook her head.

     The attending took a sip of her coffee which was finally starting to cool down and said, "But you need to get out of bed, right now. We have work and so what if your life is a little messed up? What's the fun in having a perfect life?"

     "This whole situation is just bullshit. I don't need a perfect life; I just want the man I love to love me back. But no, I'm an adulterous whore-

     "-eh, more or less." Kathryn interrupted. 

     The eldest Grey sister slapped her arm in response. "Not the point. I'm just saying. I feel like a monster, and I didn't even get myself into this situation. He did. Him and his perfect hair and perfect face- his perfect wife! God, my life sucks."

     "Who else is looking after you. Because, quite frankly, if you don't mind me saying, it sure as hell isn't your mother."

     Jamie knew Kathryn was right. Ellis was never in the right state of mind even before she was diagnosed. Constantly working her ass off, never having any time for her children or husband. But Jamie didn't really need that, or she thought she didn't. I guess over time when something isn't there any more... you realize you're better off without it. 

     But nevertheless, she said, "I'm fine. I can take care of myself. You know that. Plus, Adam has been there since before I can remember, alright? Again, he's like my brother."

     "And what am I? The fucking next-door neighbor?"

     "No, I know I have you too, Kathryn. Don't worry." Jamie then side-hugged her friend before scrunching her nose. "We don't have to hug again, do we?" 

     And her friend shook her head no. "Nope, I would pay you not to hug me again."

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     Upon arriving at the hospital, Jamie felt... odd. Like there was a shift in the earth's core and the gravity was slightly off today. It was weird, uncommon, even though she was walking into a hospital where death was practically around each and every corner. 

     But nevertheless, she got ready and changed into her scrubs. However, that feeling didn't go away as she entered the pit, waiting alongside of the interns. 

     Maybe it was because Bailey was out on her maternity leave, and she was feeling slightly lonely. She always had a good time in the OR with Bailey, and she hadn't met a single resident this week that could even remotely compare to her. No one would ever amount to Bailey and they never would. 

     "Ah, interns." Jamie noticed them pile out from a door in the ER. "Where's Meredith?"

     George looked behind him with a smile on his face, but it disappeared quickly. "She was- she was right behind me, Dr. Grey." He stumbled nervously over his words. 

     Then, there she was, walking out of the same door the others did just seconds ago. "Ah, Mer, glad you could make it. Get some gloves on and let's head out to the pit, yeah?"

     The younger siblings nodded and asked her sister, "Are you okay?" as she remembered the sister's odd mood this morning. 

     "Don't worry about me, Mer." Jamie shook her head. 

     "So, do you want to do charts later?" Jamie heard Alex ask Izzie from afar and rolled her eyes at the not-so-subtle hospital flirting that he was leading on. 

     But the blonde just shook her head. "Never going to happen."

     "What?"

     "Alex, I gave you your chance. You had your chance, and you slept with someone else. I forgave you in the spirit of being a bigger person, of rising above, but these legs are closed to you now. The panties are staying on."

    "Alright," Jamie shook her head while her eyes shut in disgust. "Let's stop talking about sex and cheating on the sex-partner whilst we are waiting for an ambulance with a dying person inside of it." She then looked at the blonde. "And Izzie, if you want to continue living with me, shut up about it."

     "I'm just saying," The intern raised her hands in defense. "We're never going to happen-"

     "Zip it, blondie!" She shouted as the resident's temper cut short.

     The interns snickered but Alex scoffed. "So, you don't want to do charts later?" He continued to ask the girl on his right. 

     "I've had it," Jamie groaned in frustration. "Karev, shut up and stand over by Evans. Stevens, shut up and go stand over by Stacey. And if I see you two near each other again, I will personally kick both of your asses and you won't be able to see the inside of an OR in 3 months. Got it?"

     Both of the interns look slightly intimidated. "Got it," They mumbled. 

     "Good," The resident smiled in reply. "Now today should be peaceful... I hope." 

     "Can we get back to the point?" Cristina asked. 

     Ross coughed for a second, clearing his throat. "You had a point, Yang?" He asked her. 

     "Yeah, which surgeon are we going to have to suck up to today?" 

     "That would be me," A voice said behind all of them, and it was a very, very pregnant Dr. Bailey. "I've been gone two weeks- two weeks- and you ran off two residents? And Ace doesn't count. I've got people phoning me at home screaming, telling me that my interns are Rosemary's babies. Nobody wants you! Do you think that I have time for this? I am pregnant." She scolded them all. 

     "Hell, yeah you're pregnant, Dr. B." Jamie mused, a huge grin on her face. 

     "You, shush." The pregnant woman turned to her with a sour look on her face before turning back to her interns. "I'm supposed to be on bed rest. I'm supposed to be growing a human being. I'm supposed to be calm- do I look calm to you? Did I raise you fools to be pariahs?"

     No one answered her, but George took five big strides towards her and hugged her. "You're back," He mumbled. 

     "I'm not back," Bailey scoffed, trying to push the intern off of her. "Get off of me,"

     Then the sirens of the ambulance were heard, and Jamie nodded. "Alright people, let's get ready. Dr. B, on your first day back, take it away."

     "Yang, Karev, Grey, stay here with Ace's interns and wait for the incoming case. O'Malley, page Addison Shepherd. Stevens get a wheelchair."

     The blonde furrowed her eyebrows. "A wheelchair?"

     "Just get the damn wheelchair, Stevens." Jamie ordered. 

     Just as George was running inside, he quickly was at Dr. Bailey's side again. "What should I tell Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd?" Suddenly a water splash was heard, and Jamie grimaced in disgust. 

     The shorter resident looked up at her intern and said, "Tell her my contractions are ten minutes apart and my water just broke all over your shoes."

     "Yay!" Jamie smiled before rushing over to the other interns by the ambulance. "Have fun, Dr. B! I love you! I want to be the first person to meet this little one! I'll be up there as soon as I can! I promise!" She squealed in delight before looking at her sister and yelling, "She's having a baby!" 

     "Shut up, Ace!" The woman yelled in return before being wheeled inside the hospital, George and Izzie on her tail. 

     Jamie quickly rushed over to the ambulance but as soon as she opened the door, she wished she didn't. "Ahh!" A woman kept screaming, true fear in her eyes. "Aah!" 

     "Take her!" The paramedic shouted over the screaming patient. 

     Jamie straightened up and pointed at the interns. "Karev, Yang, go with the screaming patient. Cameron, Stacey and Evans..." The resident trailed off as she saw a younger paramedic's hand in the next patient's body. "Page Dr. Burke."

grey's anatomy

     "How's his raspatory effort?" Burke entered the trauma room with Cristina where Jamie and the other interns were examining the patient. 

     "Absent breath sounds on the right side." Mila answered, standing next to the paramedic who had her hand still shoved into the body cavity. "Air bubbling at the site of the wound."

     "He's shocky and getting a little cyanotic." Ross added on. 

     "My wife..." The patient breathed out, blood dripping out of the corner of his mouth. But sure enough, his wife was still outside screaming her head off and the patient was now going unconscious. 

     Burke sighed as he had a nurse snap some gloves on his hand. "Let's get him intubated and place an occlusive dressing over the wound. And now you." He looked at the paramedic. 

     "Uh, Hannah. Hannah Davies." She answered with a nod. 

     "Hannah, why do you have your hand inside my patient?"

     "I'd like to say for the record that I told her not to." The other paramedic from before spoke up, shaking his head with a huff. 

      "I tried to tamponade the wound with gauze and pressure, but the only thing that would stop the bleeding was my hand. Every time I try to move, he starts bleeding out. Can I take my hand out now?"

     "You don't stick your hand inside of a patient when you don't know how he was injured. You don't stick your hand inside of a patient at all."

     "You," Jamie pointed at him before Hannah had a chance to reply. "This woman- Hannah Davies- tried to save this man's life. I don't see you making heroic sacrifices so, why don't you do us all a favor and shut up."

     Ross smiled at his resident. "Badass,"

     "Out of the room male paramedic," Jamie then pointed at the door with a slight roll in her eyes. 

     He scoffed in reply. "She gets to stay?"

     "She has her hand stuck inside of my patient." Burke retorted. 

     Hannah then smiled at the two doctors as her partner left. "Nice, thanks."

     The attending sighed. "Well, don't get happy. You have your finger on a major bleeder, and Mr. Carlson is running out of time. The only thing that you have won is an all-expense-paid trip to the OR. Dr. Grey... both of you," He noticed Meredith as well, "prepare to transport him to the OR and let's make this happen quickly, people."

     Jamie nodded at her sister. "You heard the man, Mer. Let's go, and let's get someone to shut that woman up! Now!"

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     "How are you doing over there, Hannah?" Jamie asked the woman who was already ready in the OR. "You okay? Do you need anything?"

     "My hand is getting numb," She mused in reply. "And I got to tell you, these whole insides are bloody and squishy thing is so not good for my gag reflex. But I'm good."

     "Good," The resident nodded. "Just try not to throw up, then we'd have to get you out of here and, well... can't exactly do that now."

     "Okay. Is this good? Me being in here like this?" She turned to Meredith who was beside her. 

     The female nodded slightly. "Once Dr. Burke scrubs in, he'll have you remove your hand and then you can go, and we'll fix Mr. Carlson."

     "Good, good. Because I know how much medicine I know, and it's just enough to never be allowed in the OR. It's my second week as a paramedic. I got out of school a month ago."

     "Congratulations, Hannah." Jamie applauded her. 

     "I haven't been doing this that long either." Meredith told the paramedic. "Although, my mother was a surgeon and my sister over there is a surgical resident, I'd say I like my odds."

     Hannah laughed a bit. "Talk about on-the-job training, huh?"

     "I remember being an intern. It was rough, although, I never stuck my hand inside of a body cavity before." Jamie mused and smiled at the younger girl who felt slightly out of place here. "But don't worry, you're doing fine. 

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     "Ready, Dr. Burke?" Jamie asked, standing beside the attending who was getting ready to start the surgery. 

     "As I'll ever be," He replied. "Okay, everybody, I'm going to do a thoracotomy, and Hannah here is going to pull her hand out. Dr. Meredith Grey is going to clamp the bleeder when we have more exposure while Dr. Jamie Grey is on stand-by and assisting me with the procedure." He then turned to Hannah. "You ready?" 

     She nodded her head. "More than ready." 

     "Scalpel. Okay, on the count of three. One... two..."

     Before he could make it to three, Alex ran in. "Dr. Burke." He was panting and out of breath. "I need to speak with you."

     "I am in surgery, Karev. Ace, go out and see what he wants." The attending motioned from the resident to the intern before he focused down on the patient again. 

     Alex shook his head. "No, Dr. Burke. You want to talk to me, sir." The male insisted. 

     Burke stared at him dead in the eyes before passing the scalpel back to the nurse and sighing. "Karev, if you interrupt me in my OR, it better be for a good damn reason-"

     "Was it through and through?" The intern cut Burke off in a whisper. "The wound on James Carlson, was it through and through?"

     "No, it was just an entry. No exit, why?"

     As Jamie stood at the operating table, waiting for Burke to come back after talking with Alex she huffed a breath in annoyance. "God, Mer, did I ever tell you how much I hate those friends of yours?"  

     Her sister muttered a laugh. "A few times."

     "He's cute," Hannah whispered to the Grey sisters. "Is he single?"

     "Don't even get me started," Jamie rolled her eyes. 

     The resident didn't see the way Burke and Alex were looking at Hannah and the patient because her back was turned. But she did see the look in her sister's eyes as she faced the two at the door, confusion and question in her eyes. Whispers were going all around the OR as everyone was wondering what the hell was going on.

     "Hannah," Burke finally spoke up, addressing the paramedic. 

     She lifted her head to meet his eyes. "Yes, Dr. Burke."

     "What do you feel inside of Mr. Carlson? What is your hand touching?"

     "What do you mean?"

     "Is your hand touching anything hard? Like metal?"

     Meredith looked at her sister in confusion, and vice versa as Hannah felt around in the cavity. "Um... I don't know." She answered truthfully. 

     "Don't move your hand." The attending stopped her quickly. "Just tell me... what you feel."

     "Dr. Burke," Jamie turned her head as her suspicions only grew as time went on. "What's going on?" Something wasn't right. Something was very, very wrong right now.

     The attending didn't answer her. He looked at the paramedic as she went to answer. "Um, my fingertips are touching something... kind of hard. Yeah, yeah, definitely."

     "Oh my god," The anesthesiologist breathed out in shock making Jamie's head snap towards him in worry. 

     "Dr. Milton," Burke warned the male. 

     Hannah's eyes darted back up to the attending. "What? What's wrong?" She asked rather quickly. Her breathing was starting to get rigid, and Jamie could sense that she was scared shitless right now.

     "Hannah," Burke began. "I don't want you to move- not your hand, not your body. Not an inch."

     "Okay, you should know you're starting to scare me."

     He shook his head from afar. "Don't be scared. Everything is going to be fine. Both Dr. Grey's, can you..." The sisters took that as their sign and approached Burke, now away from the operating table. "I want you both to walk out of this room- walk, do not run- and go and tell the charge nurse that we have a code black."

     Jamie's heart sank to her stomach as she heard those words leave the attending's mouth. A code-fucking-black. 

     Meredith shook her head. "I'm sorry, code black?" She asked in confusion, seeming that she had no idea what the code to call meant. 

     "Code black," He repeated. "Tell him that I am sure, and then tell him to call the bomb squad."

     Jamie just looked at him before muttering, "Fuck."

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     As Jamie stood outside Burke's OR with Meredith and Alex, she took off her gloves and started biting her nails in an anxious state of worry. She paced up and down the hall trying to think of possible outcomes of this situation. 

     For one, the whole thing could blow up in a matter of seconds and kill everyone in the hospital and a 10-mile radius. 

     Or, Hannah could stay there and be the only one left to die. Alone and scared.

     Or, everyone leaves Mr. Carlson on the table and wait until he explodes and have to tell the wife that there was nothing, they could do which would be a lie. 

     Or, the bomb squad could show up and not know what the hell they're doing and screw it all up, killing everyone in the said hospital and 10-mile radius. 

     Or the one Jamie thought was the least possible right now. Everything was going to be fine, and the bomb squad will show up and help everyone get out safely, even Mr. Carlson.

     This was the very bad feeling she had this morning and now everything was starting to go downhill. 

     She couldn't think right now. Jamie was so caught up in her own head she didn't know what the hell to do. There were a bunch of other nurses and doctors out in the hallway with them now. Trying to wait for further instructions. 

     "God," Alex shook his head in disbelief. "Can you imagine? What did she stick her hand in there for anyway?"

     "She was trying to save his life," Meredith retorted, looking at her elder sister with worry. Ever since they had gone out into the hallway, Jamie hadn't said a single thing. She needed a smoke right now. 

     "And now she might die because of it."

     Jamie's head popped up at the sound of the door opening. Burke was exiting the room and a feeling of hope surged through her. "What do we do now? What's going to happen?" Jamie asked rather quickly. 

     "I go back in and wait for the bomb squad. You leave, you all leave." He pointed towards the double doors at the end of the hallway, and everyone complied, except for the Grey sisters. 

     Alex looked back. "Mer, you coming?" She only gave him a look which made him shake his head and shrug before walking away. "It's your funeral."

     Meredith looked back at the attending. "You need a surgical team." She told him. 

     "All I need is Dr. Milton to keep him under," Burke retorted, a stern look on his face. "I can do the rest myself."

     Jamie didn't move, she didn't say anything. She kept staring at Burke and gave him a look as to say I'm not moving because right now, words would betray her, and everything would come crumbling down. Her face was kept straight and she crossed her arms over her chest, leaning back against the wall. 

     Burke finally gave in. "Fine, but you two wait by the elevator. I don't want anyone in here that doesn't need to be in this OR. When the bomb squad arrives, we'll take it from there. Until then, Milton and I are doing this alone. Now, go."

     What was left of the doctors and nurses moved towards the elevator, but Jamie continued to stay in place and thought, she wasn't afraid to die. But that was her problem right now- she should be. 

     "Ace," Burke warned in a low growl. "Go wait by the elevators, now."

     Again, Jamie did not move, she simply looked down at her overworn sneakers and sighed. When she looked up at Dr. Burke, she had a challenging look in her eyes, one that signaled that she did not care. And she didn't. Not anymore. 

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     "That's it, Bailey. Nice deep breaths." Adam was in the woman's delivery room trying to calm her down with female Shepherd as they both waited impatiently for Bailey's husband who was with Kathryn and male Shepherd in the OR. "Good job,"

      "Okay, okay, okay." Bailey sighed in pain as she had her hands up in the air. "Aah!"

      Then the door opened, and George barged in. "Eight minutes apart." He calculated. 

      "There is no shame in an epidural, Miranda." Addison told the woman in labor. 

      But Bailey shook her head lightly, protesting the idea. "Epidural increases the possibility of a c-section." 

      "Well, it also decreases pain." Adam added on. "Bailey, this is a big baby, it is your first baby and I'm telling you; it is not going to be a short and/or easy labor."

     The female sighed in pain once more. "Shut up, Williams. I can handle a little pain. No problem. Women all over the world do this at home with nothing more than a pair of scissors and a bucket of hot water."

     George looked curiously at the woman who was being helped by Addison. "Well, women all over the world also die giving birth at home every single day." 

     The two women seated on the couch looked at him like he was crazy while Adam slapped his shoulder. "Dude, what the hell would you say that for?" He shook his head with a scoff. 

     "I did not just say-"

     Bailey ignored him with a roll of her eyes. "You're supposed to be making yourself useful and finding my husband, O'Malley."

     "Well... I-I-"

     "He's not... here," Addison stopped the rambling intern from saying anything that could leak the news of Tucker being in the OR right now, undergoing major brain surgery. "He's not here just yet."

     But the resident in labor didn't look like she believed that. "Oh. He should be here by now. Where's Ace? She'll get a hold of him, kick his ass since I can't do it. Page Jamie." Bailey ordered. 

     "Okay," The attending nodded. "We're going to go find Jamie and your husband while William's stays here to help." Addison then stood up and faced the intern at the door. "Right, Dr. O'Malley?" 

     "Right," George answered in reply before they he exited the patient's room rather quickly. 

     Suddenly, before Addison could leave, both of the attending's pagers went off and a shocked look came over both of their faces. "What?" Bailey asked in concern.

     "Nothing," Adam quickly shook his head. "It's uh, a page for another patient me and Montgomery-Shepherd have today. It's no big deal. We'll be back." He reassured her. 

     "Yeah..." Addison trailed off as she followed Adam to the door. "Another patient. We'll be back, Miranda."

     Bailey had never seen Addison Shepherd act that way. Something was up.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     "Did you hear?" Joey asked the rest of his fellow interns that weren't busy as they stood in the lobby, waiting for the Chief to say something about the rather alarming situation. "There's a freaking code black. Someone could die today."

     Mila scoffed at the man. "Shut up, Evans. No one is going to die. You're overreacting."

     "How do you know that, Stacey?" Ross questioned her, a sly look on his face. He loved challenging the female. "Can you predict the future like Evans' psychic over here?" He then pointed to the male to the right of him, mocking the other if you will. 

     "It's just a code. The bomb squad and the police are here, and everything is going to be okay."

     "Huh, you can't stand the fact that things might not be okay, can you?" Ross continued to bug the girl. "I mean, there's never a code in this hospital, let alone a code black. We're in deep shit. Well, except for code blue that is."

     "Shut up, both of you." Mila warned. 

     "Listen up, people!" Webber started speaking over the crowd. "We are having pre-op patients transported to Mercy West. All trauma rerouted to Seattle Presbyterian. There is no danger to the North, South and West wings of this hospital, just the East surgical wing. That said, anyone who wants to leave, can leave. No one stays unless they volunteer to stay. Understood?"

     There were a bunch of head nods and agreements around the room, indicating that the fellow nurses and doctors understood. Webber nodded before stepping down. "Okay,"

     "Richard, it's a code black, a real one?" Addison approached the older doctor, the interns following behind. 

     "Yes, I've shut down the OR's."

     "To trauma?"

     "To everything." 

     Addison stopped for a moment. "Wait a minute, to everything, everything?"

     Webber stopped as well. "As of ten minutes ago, all the operating rooms at Seattle Grace are completely evacuated, with the exception of Dr. Burke's team."

     "And Dr. Shepherd's team." Mila spoke up, catching Webber's attention once more. 

     "What?" The Chief demanded. "What do you mean Dr. Shepherd's team?"

     Mila cleared her throat, uncomfortable of the sudden attention that was on her. "Stevens told me that they're still in OR two. Working on Dr. Bailey's husband..."

     "The bomb squad just arrived," A nurse came behind them, alerting Richard who was quick to excuse himself. 

     "Bailey's husband?" Joey asked, a little too loudly. "What happened?"

     Addison sighed before resting a hand on her head in anxiety. "Car accident."

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     Jamie did not move an inch from when she had a stare down with Burke in the hallway- nor had she said a word. And Meredith was still at the other end of the hallway, burning holes in the side of her sister's head from staring too much. She just wanted to know what was going through her head right now. 

     The elevator dinged catching Jamie's attention for once. A group of people dressed in black stepped out and she felt a slight wave of relief flush across her. 

     "You're the surgical team?" The first man asked began walking down the hallway. 

     "Yes," Meredith spoke, directing his attention to her. 

     "Dylan Young, bomb squad. Spread out, check out the area and then we'll secure the patient. Where are they?"

     "Dr. Burke has them in there," The youngest sibling pointed towards the door across from where Jamie was standing. 

     "And the rest of this floor has been evacuated?" Dylan continued to ask questions to which Meredith nodded. "Alright, you stay here. Nobody moves unless I say so. Excuse me, miss." He got Jamie's attention. "I need you to stand back with the rest of the group... miss?"

     Jamie stared him down, not speaking a word before turning her head back and staring at the oak of the door. 

     She was quite intimidating if Dylan admitted to himself. "Miss, I need you to move or I'm going to have my team move you ourselves."

     "No," She growled. "You're lucky I'm not standing in there right now. I'm not moving an inch until that poor girl in there is safe or until Dr. Burke lets me in there. So, no. And if you put your hands on me, I'm calling my lawyer."

     Dylan huffed a breath before rolling his eyes. But before he could enter Burke's room, one of his partners yells, "We've got people over here!" And his head snapped back. 

     "I thought you said the floor had been evacuated?" Dylan started walking the opposite direction. 

     "I thought it had, I'm not in charge of anything." Meredith told him in reply. "Cristina!"

     The other intern blocked the doorway so that Dylan could not enter. "This is a sterile area. You can't come in. Seriously, back up!"

     "Oh, no, no." Meredith shook her head. "She will hurt him."

     "What's going on?"

     "Bomb in a body cavity."

     Cristina sighed in defeat. "Man, all I got is Bailey's husband's open brain." She scoffed as if it were nothing.  

     Jamie's ears perked up from down the hallway as she heard Bailey's name. She quickly jogged down the hallway until she was in the middle of the situation. "What happened with Bailey?"

     "No, it's Bailey's husband." The intern corrected. "He was in a car crash on the way here."

     "What?" The resident gasped. "Who's in there? What procedure."

     "Craniotomy with Shepherd."

     "Shepherd has Bailey's husband on the table?" Meredith asked in disbelief. "Bailey is having a baby right now."

     "Bailey's having her baby?" Jamie asked fantically. 

     "Excuse me!" Dylan shouted over the three girls talking over each other. "Stop talking." He ordered. 

     Cristina rolled her eyes. "Geez..."

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     "Hey, Bailey." Adam smiled, walking, once again, into the woman's delivery room, checking her charts. "How are you holding up so far?"

     "I'm trying to get gravity to do me a favor, Willaims. I'm 9 centimeters dilated, and I need that last centimeter."

     "Good, that's uh... very good." Truth was, as much as he was acting totally calm in front of Bailey, he was having a heart attack inside knowing that his friend was just upstairs, refusing to leave Burke's side with a bomb in a body cavity. He was even more scared because the woman right behind him, her husband was right next to that bomb in the OR with his brain open. 

     Today is not a good day.

     Bailey looked at the attending with a confused look. "Dr. Williams," She ordered, and Adam froze on the spot. "Where... exactly is my husband?"

     "He's with male Dr. Shepherd, ma'am." He turned around, facing her, his heart breaking when he noticed the tears in his eyes. It was truth time. "Tucker was in a... car accident."

     "Oh..." Her whole world felt like it was falling apart right now as tears streamed down her face in pain. "Oh..."

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     "So, how are they going to remove the ammo without killing Hannah and James?" Meredith asked, Cristina on her left, Jamie on her right. 

     The older sister shrugged her shoulders but didn't saying anything. She simply walked up to the door where the bomb and Hannah was, and she furrowed her eyebrows together. There was a person missing and her breath got caught in her throat. 

     "Jamie," Meredith called out for her sister. "You're supposed to stay away from there."

     "Hannah's shaking and squeezing the ambu bag by herself- where the hell is Dr. Milton?" The resident then opened the door to the OR and poked her head inside. "Hannah, where is the anesthesiologist?"

    The paramedic was still shaking slightly as she answered, "He, um... he left. He didn't want to die."

     "Hannah, listen to me, you're not going to die. Just try to stay calm."

     "I think I'm going to take my hand out now." She took a deep, scared, breath in. 

     Meredith and Cristina shook their heads from behind the resident. "Hannah-"

     Jamie took a quick look back and had a nervous hint in her eyes. "Go find Burke, somebody, now!" She yelled. 

     Cristina was quick to run down the hallway where the attending and Dylan were looking at Carlson's scans. "Hey, somebody! Help! We need help in here."

     Jamie and Meredith were now by the scared paramedic's side as they tried to convince Hannah not to pull her hand out of the patient's body cavity. "I think I'm just going to take it out now, okay?"

     "No, Hannah, you made it almost to the finish line. Don't pull your hand out just yet, okay?" The resident spoke in calm soothing words. "You can do this."

     "No, no, I just want to take it out and be done with it." Hannah panicked, shaking her head as tears slid down her cheeks. 

     "Hannah," Burke spoke up as he entered the room. "It won't be much longer. Remember, you're keeping him from bleeding out."

     "No!" She cried. "I am 22 years old. I should not even be in here. This is some kind of mistake." 

     "She's panicking." Dylan told Burke. "We need to clear the room."

     Jamie shook her head and stared the bomb squad guy down. "No, I'm not leaving." She then turned to her sister and said, "Mer, go with Cristina. Now."

     "No, James, I'm not leaving you in here alone." Meredith protested. 

     "Meredith-"

     "Grey, let's go. Both of you, now. That means you, Jamie."

     Once again, the eldest shook her head. "No, I'm not leaving her. I'm not leaving Hannah. Meredith Grey, please leave. I need you to be safe. Please." She could feel tears welling in her eyes now.

     "You need to get everyone out now, Dr. Burke." Dylan warned the attending.

     "She's my resident, I am responsible for her."

     Hannah kept crying as chaos was amongst the doctors now too. "No, it's got to come out. It has to come out."

     "Yang, Meredith Grey, go with Dylan." Burke ordered the two interns. 

     Cristina scoffed. "You go with Dylan."

     "Hannah, look at me." Jamie said loudly and in a manner of worry. "Hannah, please look at me."

     "No, it's got to come out." The paramedic panicked some more. "No, no."

     "Look at me, Hannah Davies, you can do this, but you need to calm down, everything is going to be okay and we are going to get you out of here in just a little bit but you have to take a breath."

     "You need to relax, Hannah. Everything is going to be fine." Dylan added on. 

     "No!" She shook her head, fear filled in her eyes. "No, it has to come out."

     Burke protested first. "No, you keep it in there just a little while longer."

     "I have to take it out! I have to! I have to!" She shouted violently before she removed her hand and everyone dropped to the floor, and Hannah ran out the door. 

     And Jamie Marie Grey was the only one standing up and watching as Hannah ran fearfully for her life. She then looked down at the body on the table and cursed herself internally for what she was about to do next. 

     She quickly pushed her finger into the body cavity, careful not to feel around and trigger the bomb but Calson's internal bleeding stopped once more. 

     "Jamie," Meredith gasped at her sister's actions, standing up with the rest of the people in the room. "What did you do?"

     "Oh god, Jamie." Cristina breathed out. She was shocked to say the least.

     "Nobody moves." Dylan whispered. "Stay exactly where you are."

     Jamie sighed to herself. "What did I do? What did I do?" And she kept repeating that to herself as her heart raced and she couldn't hear herself think. "What did I do?"

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

943K 31K 89
𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘵...
444K 13.2K 57
𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 | grey's anatomy 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 when they face problems but they were always meant to be ...or are they? 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐰�...
1.6M 40.7K 70
𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐒𝐎 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 | grey's anatomy 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 when their love hurts so good because it's complicated. 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐢𝐱 - �...
338K 8.5K 41
Jade's life had never been perfect and she figured it never would be. A new start in Seattle was just the change she needed, she just wasn't expectin...