{court of darkness}

By Harshita_Mehra0525

A dark romantic fantasy with a royal twist, cruel & imperious, wicked & clever , dashing and proper...... The... More

Character introduction
Prologue
prologue pt.2
prologue pt.3
Ancient magic
The Royal academy of Concordia
Underachiever
Underachiever pt.2
The Eccentric Prince
The Eccentric Prince pt.2
Debutante
Debutante pt.2
Debutante pt.3
Captor's Smile
Another stolen kiss
Another stolen kiss pt.2
Sepcial chapter
Exceptional Magic
Perfect date
Perfect Date pt.2
Discordance
A gentleman's agreement
An Astonishing Truth
Authenticity
Ardor

The Royal academy of Concordia pt.2

81 5 0
By Harshita_Mehra0525

Your pov

" I will brook no questions , and neither will I repeat myself , Ever." Toa said . "I understand" he comes across as prickly but somehow kind underneath it all. "The Royal Academy of Concordia has two dorms . One is called Tradis , the other Nivalis . We have descended from the third floor to the fourth both belonging to Tradis. These are normally off limits for all but students of S rank and their valets ".  " What is the rank business, if I may ask ?" I asked him . " I believe I told you I would not be answering questions" he told. "Oh ,so you did . My apologies " .
"At this academy, students are divided by rank according to their magical aptitude" he answered me anyways. "Those capable of harnessing Ancient magic or who are otherwise notably gifted, are assigned S rank . Those incapacitated of elevating themselves above C rank are sometimes asked to leave the academy" he said . " This is a cruel world you live in " I said to him .
"Naturally, one wayward jinx could spell the end of the world." Oh! Well then , forget I said something. As we step down another staircase, people I assume are students appear hear and there. Is it just me , or am I being watched ? " The second floor houses are A rank and female students. A room will have been prepared for you as well , I believe". He said . "Oh , that makes sense . I come through here earlier" .   " I have no desire to converse with you . Keep your mundane commentary to yourself" Aye , Aye , sir . "Answer me ".  " Er , understood. I think " does he want me to talk or not ? What a complicated individual. "The first floor is home to boys of B rank , as well as an extensive public bath . Furthermore, there's a lounge available to those A rank and below " hm? Hang on , something smells amazing. "Must you gawp and Marvel at every little thing? It's rather disconcerting" he said . "Do you smell that ? Whatever it is , it smells great , and I've just remembered I'm starving" . " The refectory is this way ". He really is a good guide . I'll give him that. It's like I thought on the second floor people are watching me .

"The concludes my tour " he said to me . "And what a wonderful tour it was . I can finally tell my left from my right again. Thank you . I may not fully understand how magic works yet , but I applied your attempt to explain it ."  

"You would thank someone despite gaining nothing? No one likes a mountebank. "

"Hahaha , good work . It's not meant to be deceptive, thanking people hurts no one " .

" What an odd thing to say . If you need anything else, ask him " . Mid sentence, he grabs the arm of a passer-by. " Hm? Oh , Toa! Have you already eaten ? "
"Why would I ever dine here? I'm going to the S rank dinning hall."

"Haha, of course you are ."

" Here , the transfer student. She's yours now , Voleri " .

"Egad ! All mine ?!"
I like how he didn't even mention my name !
" Right , than! Let's get you fed and watered , shall we ?" 
"Um.....?
"At t the refectory,. You can eat whatever you like and as much as you like ".
"Would you mind if we introduced ourselves to each other first ?" I asked him . "Goodness , but of course" "I am Y/n . And yourself? " " I am Rio Voleri, B rank . Excellent to meet you ". He smiles so brightly at me I feel as if I could absolve him of any crime. My nerves start to settle .

"Nice to meet you " I said . "Good , that's the introduction out of the way . Let's decide what to eat . Everything here is equally appetizing. Why not get some of everything?" He asked . "That sound great , but.......... Maybe I should work up to that level" I said. "Really ? There's no need to hold back . Eating properly is very important , you know " . He's very friendly, whoever he is . "So ,. Master Rio........" "Just Rio is fine . I plan to call you Y/n as well " he said smiling. "Rio , then . Do you know if they have any milk in this dinning hall?" I asked. "Milk? Are you fond of the stuff ? "
"It's not for me but for my cat "
"Oh , a feline lover . I'm partial to them ,too . Darling little things . I'm sure the kitchen would be happy to Obligs . Shall we go and put a word in first?"
"Would to that be okay ? It would really help me out ."
"First your cat shall dine and then so shall we . I'll provide an explanation of the academy while we eat , let's be off " .
"Okay ! Thank you ! "
"Food is one of life's greatest delights, I say , haha"
"Wow , you have quite an appetite. Where'd that gaint salad you had go ?"
"Hmm ? Why , I ate it "
All to soon , the meals comes to an end .

To be continued

Date - 02/09/2021
Words- 818

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182 16 25
They say love and pain go hand in hand. Love makes you whole, but the pain that comes from it either destroys you or makes you a monster...
6 1 3
Magic, blood and poorly explained(questionable) motives. What else could you possibly wish for? For test readers. Unfinished.
1K 12 13
Welcome to Seductive Tales, our tantalizing sanctuary of seductive tales on Wattpad! It's the perfect escape for us from reality, where we can dive d...
370K 12.6K 30
All Ivy wanted was love. Her boyfriend of one year, Jake, seemed to be a good option, but he was far too professional for Ivy's liking, and her best...