End of May // Luke Patterson

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Ruth Peters was as much a part of the band as her brother and his three bandmates. Silent sparks fly between... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
June 13, 1993
January 2, 1994
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

May 30, 1994

772 8 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

Luke held Ruth's hand as he sat by her bedside in her room. "Hey, Ruthie. I hope you can hear me. I'm sorry I never told you how I felt. And now it might be too late." He paused, unsure of what to say. "Guess what? I wrote a song. I'm still working on the title. Ruthie, I can't lose you. I need you. The band needs you."

He took a moment to study her. She was pale and her breaths were ragged. It was only a matter of time now.

Luke let out a shaky breath. "I finished the last song you were working on. I think you would like how it turned out. At least, that's what I tell myself."

He placed a hand to her cheek and stood with a sad smile. He placed a gentle kiss on her lips, but got no reaction from her.

One final soft breath sounded and then all fell silent for a moment.

Mrs. Peters let out a gasp and kissed the top of her daughter's head.

"I love you, Ruth Emily Peters. And I'm sorry I never told you," Luke whispered sadly as he slowly left the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 501 25
Cassandra, Cassie, Wilson has always been down-to-earth. She maintains her friendship with Julie, thus gaining a new friend in Flynn. When Julie per...
1.2K 46 10
I caved โœŒ๐Ÿป so enjoy my Julie and the phantoms book! "What do you mean that's your brother?" I asked Kelli confused. "I don't know Val? I've never me...
101K 1.8K 27
"I shot for the sky I'm stuck on the ground So why do I try I know I'm gonna fall down" "I thought I could fly So why did I drown? Oh, it's coming do...
59.4K 2.7K 29
Elise Wilson leads a very different life than her twin sister, Carrie. When she realizes that she can see three - very annoying - teenage ghosts, she...