Cold faith โžณ JJK [โœ“]

By Nefelibatas_world

โI will, Aira. Just please, give me a chance. I'm begging you I need you,โž Jungkook pressed her hand closer t... More

โ„๏ธ: Foreword
โ„๏ธ: Dedication
โ„๏ธ: Playlist
โ„๏ธ: Special edits
01: My forest is dark
02: It hurts so bad
03: How could it be?
04: When you lost me
05: Shattered my feelings
06: Good old days
07: Cinderella's dead
โ„๏ธ: The cast

08: Cold faith

438 27 23
By Nefelibatas_world

"We're extremely sorry for making such a mistake of mixing reports of you, Mr Jeon and another who is Mr Jeon Junghyun."

"Mixing of reports? What do you mean?" his brain got twisted trying to take all the information properly and curiosity was eating up his head.

"Yes, we accidentally mixed up both of your reports and we deeply apologize for that. But congratulations Mr. Jeon, you're gonna be a dad soon!"

"D-Dad?" he stuttered. Now, he was realising; realising his mistake, everything was making sense to him now.

"Yes Mr. Jeon, you're not infertile. You're totally fine and the child Mrs Jeon carrying is yours! Congratulations!"

No words came out of his mouth, he sat there with wide eyes and a half-open mouth, tears threatening to fall down at any moment. He was processing everything and he couldn't believe himself right now.

His mother's words hazed his mind and he assumed everything by himself that she cheated on him. He didn't let Aira explain her side, if he did then things wouldn't have come to this. At that moment, he was regretting everything he did and said in anger.

The doctor kept saying his name because of the silence from the other side of the line but he was too much into guilt to even notice.

He knew he was fucked up, he knew he made everything a mess and he had to fix everything as fast as possible because somehow he knew she was still waiting for him; waiting for him to apologize for what he did.

Tears streamed down his eyes, he took the mobile away from his ears and ended the call without answering anything. He threw it on the bed and ran out of the room with stumbling steps.

"I need to fix the mistake I made before it's too late," he murmured, making his way to where he thought she could have gone.

❈❈❈

Sehun walked through the living room with a plate of food in his hands toward Aira's room when he heard the doorbell ring, making him twitch his eyebrows in confusion and irritation.

He didn't expect someone to come at this time as it was almost eleven o'clock and over that, it was raining outside. He shrugged, putting the plate down on the table and walked toward the door to open it.

His hands hovered over the doorknob as he twisted it open and there stood the most unexpected someone in front of his eyes. His eyebrows joined, forming lines on his forehead and he gritted his teeth.

"Jungkook?"

Jungkook didn't waste a second and pushed him aside, rushing inside the house without even caring about his permission or something, his eyes searching for a particular someone desperately.

"Jungkook, what are you doing here?" he questioned sternly, trying to stay as calm as he could, even though he was fuming inside in anger. His hands twitched by his side, trying to suppress the urge of punching his face until he coughed blood out of the mouth he called Aira a slut.

"Where's Aira, Sehun?" he turned to him and asked while holding his arms, Sehun scoffed.

"She isn't here," his voice was stern and lacking emotions.

"Her shoes are here, Sehun. I know she's indeed here. Please, tell me!" Jungkook asked again, his voice shaky and breathy as if he cried for a long time. But Sehun paid attention to nothing, he wasn't even ready to look into his eyes as he kept his eyes at the back of his head.

"Leave, Jungkook!" he turned towards the door pointing his finger out.

"Why don't you understand? I want to meet her! Please . . . tell me where she is," Jungkook yelled, feeling his patience wearing thin. Sehun clenched his jaw, feeling the rage getting hold of him.

Jungkook was the one at fault and daring to raise his voice at Sehun was enough for him to tolerate.

He turned, slamming the door in a sudden move and grabbed Jungkook's collar instead. A tight punch landed on his cheek and he stumbled back, feeling the blood seeping out of his lip.

He was shocked and his tongue failed to form any words against it. Deep inside his heart, he knew he deserved that but at that very moment, he needed Aira beside him.

"After accusing her of cheating, calling her a slut and kicking her out in such a weather, you had the fucking guts to come here?" he raised his hand again, feeling the rage settling upon his head, absorbing him.

Once again, a hard punch landed against Jungkook's cheek and he could taste the blood now metallic on his tongue.

"P-Please . . ." a request left his lips defeatedly. Sehun raised his fist once again but that hit never landed on him. Instead, a voice hit Jungkook's ears, a voice he was dying to hear.

"Stop it! What the heck are you two doing?" her voice was sad and angry at the same time when she ran to get Jungkook away from Sehun.

Sehun gritted his teeth, still not satisfied with the artwork he made out of Jungkook's face but Aira's hand stopped him.

"Stop, Sehun! Please . . . calm down," she rubbed his arm assuringly, holding him back.

"Aira!" he called and Aira's hands froze, realising Jungkook was still there and being near Sehun this much won't help the misunderstanding.

But at that moment all she could think or feel was hurt. She turned around but Sehun grabbed her hand, stopping her from going any closer to Jungkook. She sighed which came out almost like a soft sob.

"It's going to be okay," she softly told Sehun and grabbed Jungkook's hand, dragging him inside a room that looked like her momentarily shelter.

❈❈❈

There was a war going on inside her and even after being with him inside a room, there was a sadness in her heart which she never felt before.

She loved him and married him just because of that feeling of sensibility she found in him. But now it felt like she was dragged far apart from him, the distance between them was beyond the bad things; things she never imagined to happen.

When she was fighting a battle of reluctance, Jungkook was staring deeply at her, making the battleground of her sorrow soak in kerosene - ready to burn. She stared at his face full of bruises, his lips which she used to kiss filled with bleeding cuts, her heart sank for a second.

A thought crossed her mind, what if their child was looking at them right now? This state of his father would be such a heartbreaking thing for them.

She took a deep breath, picking up the cold water bowl and the towel Sehun brought for her before. Without even saying a single word, she made him sit on the bed and turned to rinse the towel.

"Aira . . . please," he grabbed her hand, stopping her from leaving his side. She nodded, removing her wrist from his grip cautiously and rinsed the towel then squeezed the excess water.

"It might sting a little," she said in a caring manner but her voice sounded distant to him and it was like a crushing weight over his already hurting heart.

She gently wiped his lip and his bruises. While gently pressing on them, her hand was gentle but the way she kept her distance from him was getting unbearable for him.

"Aira, I . . . I'm s-sorry," he grabbed her hand making her sit on the bed and kneeling himself in front of her. Aira hummed and then continued aiding his bruises.

Jungkook bit his lower lip, staring at her with guilty eyes and the thing that kept hurting him was that he knew Aira wasn't saying anything but there was a hurricane of words inside her. She was always like that, a girl with love filled inside her but when she turned her back on something, the stillness in her emotions would cause the person to break eventually.

"I received a call from the hospital about the wrong reports," he started and she hummed again, her eyes filled with a deadly stillness.

"The baby is o-ours," he placed his hand on her belly and Aira flinched shifting away, "I'm really sorry Aira . . . I had no idea-"

"You had no idea and yet, you accused me of sleeping with another man," she cut him off, her words were like sharp needles but her tone was defeated.

Jungkook felt the pain in her voice piercing his heart. And the realisation of his own words by her lips were like daggers, enough to rip him off in pieces.

"You know how happy I was?" this time she turned to look into his eyes, "When the doctor said those words to me?" a tear rolled down the cage of her lashes.

"Mrs Jeon congratulations, you're going to be a mother soon," she mimicked Doctor Byul's words and her lips tugged up in a sad smile.

"I was so happy that I wanted to hug you, to whisper in your ears, to laugh by your side. I imagined you kissing my belly, kissing your child, telling them how good of a father you'll be!" she paused, looking at him with disappointment.

Jungkook felt the rush of a cry threatening to escape his lips. He hastily stepped near her and grabbed her hand pressing them between his own.

"I will, Aira. Just please, give me a chance. I'm begging you I need you, I need both of you," he pressed her hand closer to his heart tightly.

Aira chuckled, removing her hand from his grip again. Her eyes were still filled with an emotion of something between disappointment and sorrow but the glint of anger in them was dominant.

"Of course, I will. I'll never let my child suffer and live a life without a father because of my issues," she stared at him strongly. A thick tear rolled down Jungkook's eyes knowing what was coming ahead. Aira wiped the tear off his face so gently that it almost felt like a fading sensation as if he could feel her faith fading.

"But always remember, this chance is for the child. And the very moment you asked me to leave . . ." a tear escaped the rim of her eyes and she let it slide down her face.

"My faith turned cold for you."

──────⊹⊱· • ❈ • ·⊰⊹──────

a/n:
this is the end of cold faith. hope you learnt the message portrayed. no matter how much you love someone or how much they mean to you, if they betray you and your trust, question you and your sincerity, it's good to let your faith turn cold for them. this short story was supposed to have a happy ending but this open ending seems more reasonable, the rest is left on your imagination, thank you for reading!♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

416K 15.7K 30
While he kissed to take your breath away and burn your heart with his sinful lips over your gleaming body, while he made your skin electricity with h...
563K 27.2K 48
A reunion between ex lovers, Taehyung and Jungkook, happens in an unexpected event which brings back the memories that cause them heartaches. But not...
2.2K 166 3
๐‹ove is weakest when there is more doubt & insecurity than trust, but love is strongest when we learn to trust in spite of insecurities. Andthis is...
3.6K 177 39
"Don't come near me, or else--" he cut me in the middle and said ,"or else what are you capable of doing Dr. Y/N , run away again just like last time...