Tangled Fates!! ( Manan ff)

By the_introverted_soul

Edited by : @paheljain Cover credit: @awesomeshivu Zindagi se kuch zyada nhi bus itni si farmaaish hai, t... More

1~ Beginning!
2~ The Night We Met
3~ Monday blues, who?
4~ Strangers In The Night
5~ Butterflies in the tummy?
6~ My Sweet Adversary or Whatever!
8~ Casually Cruel...
9~ Let's kick some ass...
10~ The City lights..
11~ Tug of hearts
12~ Brewing friendships...
13~ Mumbai and midnights.
14~ Street food and death glare(s)
15~ Tantrum queen and Romance King in the making
16~ Call it what you want

7~ A Wish Granting Factory!

298 68 21
By the_introverted_soul

Navya's pov :

" Are you kidding me right now! This is the 4th scene in 2 days time that he has ' improvised' "

Muttering under my breath to my co-writer I glared at the manly figure before me who stood reading his script animatedly

" That's Cabir Dhawan for you" Rahul my co-writer whispered, making mr hiss.

Why do they even care about roping  our story in when all these ' HEROS' with their mountain sized egos are only going to butcher all of it.
Now! Leave all your little prejudice aside alright! I am all for criticism and working on one's craft to make it better with so on and so forth. But, in times like these when your script has been approved by the people who possess the authority to ride over it and yet there this unbearably full of himself hero is hell bent to get his way only to show utter disregard to your script.

  A girl will have a itch to strangulate the said person for walking all over our hard work which by the way is a fruit of 48 hours of relentless working and missing a GOD AWESOME PARTY to top all of that up a disappointed best friend.

The number of last minute changes we were forced to make was straight up disrespectful.

" Can we not have a word with the director? This is absolutely not okay and there ain't no one else on set! I have zero clue why the creative heads are putting up with this!"  I groaned, frustration radiating from every nerve of mine.

He could be a super star, a Mega star or a Comet for all I care but no way in hell will I let such tantrums of this princess be entertained. He is supposed to ACT and he better be sticking to JUST that. This project is my first commercial movie venture & will just might be my break from the monotony of my genre, while I was so pumped for it to go onboard but now as it is playing before me I am a hundred percent re-evaluating my core decision making ability.

This better not pave way to my doom.

" Navya! You really would not want to do this, this is Cabir's genre & I hardly think anyone will ever so much as point a finger at him." I sighed with helplessness taking over me, as much as my soul is twitching as I even let this thought cross my mind but there ain't no denying that commercial cinema makes a huge aspect of Cabir's career, that moron is good at it and he know it also rubs it at everyone's face, the roaring box office is so much for a testimony of the same.

I knew Rahul will never take the plunge but I had to...I wanted rather needed to make sure I put my point across, While some of his developments made immense fit but others just came across as unnecessary to me and I was determined to talk it out.

" Hey Ritesh, can I have a word with you?"

Walking over to the director who sat looking at the final cut of the previous scene I spoke.

" Sure Navya" He replied, sparing his attention to me as he gestured for me to grab a seat.

" Actually, I...see I do not think there is a better way to put it so just bare with me...Ritesh I have been on set for quite a while now but never have I ever witnessed this obscure disregard for the script...look it might come across as edgy but all of this is not what I think I can fathom and since me and my team spent hours on the minutest details I think we at least deserve a fair explanation."

Disappointment stood palpable in my tone but I have zero f's to give right now. I am not letting an entitled narcissist ruin it for me period.

In my eye's view I could see Rahul palpitating with eyes wide and sweatband across his forehead he looked terrible enough for people to be convinced he would at any moment have a nervous breakdown.

What was he so terrified about!? It is something we worked our behind's off and he have every right to follow up.

" Look Navya...."

Before Ritesh could spare a word more which by the sound of it was definitely not in our favour a rugged voice came as an interruption.

I swear I saw Rahul almost collapse and burst into tears.

"Umm..Ritesh, that's okay, you can save yourself the explanation I anyways think the concern of the conversation is me."

There he was CABIR MIGHTY DHAWAN standing right across me towering me with his arms tucked to his chest and eyes remained intact on me. He gave Ritesh a smug smile & a blink conveying he will be taking it from here, not having much say Ritesh passed me a small smile leaving us two to the 'talk'

" Yes Ms.Naveli...I see you got complains" The pretentious interest and that hint of sarcasm in his tone striked a nerve in me. If there was a personification to be done for all the cuss words to ever ve heard on the face of the world combined. This man right here will be a perfect manifestation of it.

" Mr.Dhawan I hold no personal grudge against you but I believe I do have a fair share of concern. It has been made very evident to me that this is your kingdom to rule and as much as I respect you for that I am not bowing down. Our team has went through rigorous working hours to give the people in charge our best work and I would appreciate if you refrain from blatantly disregarding the script & could at least as much acknowledge and trust our work before deciding to completely drop it."

Take me extremely seriously when I say that it took all of my self control exhibiting capabilities to keep the verbal form of ' I would literally strangulate you if I could' in check but there is only so much a woman can help if there is some narcissistic dude sitting right before her with that awful mocking smirk adorning his face.

This man's ego is inflated more than a hot air balloon!

" Sweet." He remarked seconds after I was done venting out.

" Excuse me!" I retorted, extremely offended at his nonchalant take.

" No seriously, it is almost adorable how you think a single soul on this set cared about what YOU think" letting away that menacing of a chuckle he spoke.

Does anyone know of how to learn some of the most lethal boxing skills in a few seconds time, asking for a friend.

Navya, breath! Your Mama taught you better.

" Your oblivion is scary, you have a long journey ahead sweetheart but if you keep up with this attitude you might just not have any" he leaned on his elbows which stayed resting on his knees trying to sound intimidating but all he came across to me at this moment was INFURIATING.

" You know it never hurts to be humble and by the look of you, you are almost incapable of that maybe try being polite the next time." Taunting I glared at his back as he stood up to leave.

"A piece of advice, there is a replacement for literally anything in this world...so one should know their worth, saves them and others the trouble." He mocked.

" Exactly, one should act his worth before people take it upon themselves to decide the value." I spoke still glaring at his back, almost surprised at the amount of venom my words seem to hold.

This isn't how I speak.... It is never how I speak.

I stood awaiting his reply but that never happened and all I got was him walking away....

•••••••••••••••••••
Nandini's pov:
        As the man's best creation lay before me tempting and seducing me to touch and ravish every inch of it, my eyes held all the love I was humanely possible of giving and all of me aching to finally be able to consume the only way to liberation on earth.

I was about to give into the greed and hunger turning a blind eye towards the later distasteful looks and frowns I will be a subject to by society I traced my fingers slowly along the crust of the double cheese soul satisfying pizza in my mouth but before the flavors could burst in my mouth making me experience nirvana..A loud bussing of my cell phone hindered our sexy times.

Groaning in annoyance I looked for my cell absolutely irritated at the disrespectful interruption of my dream.

" Hello"  I muttered barely caring about the decency to sound human and not a sleep deprived animal.

" Will you be my date for the night?"

Woah! Now that is some alternative for hello. I swear I was about to give this man a earful of a lifetime for multiple reasons and hurle at him the abuses that would have made his ears beg for salvation but, the very voice....

It was way to familiar than I would like to believe and that is what kept me from ruining his self esteem to shreds.

" Boy! You better be joking cuz you really DO NOT want me to go there!"
I said, barely able to let coherent words out blame the partial paralysis I was in due to the amount of sleep.

" I thought you had some damage control to do. So why don't we trade rhe coffee date with this one? Make it even!"

A honeyed yet somehow incredibly sexy voice made it to my ear. It took me a few seconds to get over the awe for the voice and a few more for the realisation to strike in.

" Manik!"

I shrieked sitting right up, forgetting the very existence of sleep as a notion also a dizzy cuz YOUR GIRL IN THE IRON DEFICIENCY GANG!!!

" There you go Princess! Good morning! It was quite soon I believed it would take me a few more tries."
My mouth was still shell shocked at the advances. Bro it is like I sleep and wake up to the most unexpected events of my life, I will be barely shocked it somebody told me I could just transport myself in some parallel universe while asleep because ALL of this in one damn universe seems a little extra to me.

" How did you get my number?" I enquired.

" Seriously that should be the least of your concern right now. Aren't you gonna be all worked up about your dress?" I could sense the tease in his voice which only pissed me further at the my unacknowledged question.

" Firstly, I have a dude who btw I do not recall sharing my number with calling me and has the AUDACITY to ask me out for a 'date' sounds so much for me to be concerned about. Secondly I never said YES"

I replied in a bored tone, but I would be kidding myself if I said I wasn't freaking out and my insides weren't fluttering and going a little weird than normal cuz it was MANIK! this guy I looked up to for years now just casually calling me and asking me out. 

What else do you expect from my sensitive self.

" Nandini come on! Remember you owe me"

"Chivalry is certainly dead" I teased & some part of me says he has his tongue rolled in his cheek right now to stop himself from smirking.

God, I so which I could see for myself!

" You most certainly don't know me yet..."

He spoke, with a hint of intentional husk.

Before I could throw another of my question his way, the recurrent ringing of my doorbell called for my immediate attention.

" Manik, you are taking this joke too far now"

I muttered as I made my way to the greet whosoever was being impatient on the other end.

" Naive of you to assume I do jokes"
I heard him saying, but only this time it wasn't through the device, It was closer...way closer than I would have expected to get in a few seconds time..

HE WAS HERE!

Guess the world is sometimes a wish granting factory!

Ujaale apni yaado ki humare saath rehne do,

Na jaane Kis gali main zindagi ki shaam ho jaaye....

~Bashir Bade

Hey guys!!! Hope y'all liked the update lemme know what you think in the comments below.

I know I have been MIA but hey in my defence your writer has been a mess these past days...things will get better soon and so will the updates align properly I swear😭 until then please bare with me. Love y'all, see ya and shower all the votes and comments for encouragement, a little greedy but would love that!!!🥺❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

You and I By

General Fiction

45.3K 3.7K 71
Nandini Murthy A girl who used to be the most cheerful is now a silent version of herself. A silent spectator in the life around her. A child's worse...
428K 44.2K 53
When Nandini met Manik for the first time, she never wanted him to be 'the one'; or actually, that thought didn't even cross her mind. And for Manik...
172K 8.4K 22
|82th position in romance| ******************************************* Two people. Two families. Friendship. And a combination of a rich arrogant an...
13.8K 1K 16
"I will fight with every storm that comes in her way" Manik paused and sucked in a sharp breath. "And god forbid, if one day I become the storm in he...