Saria: Queen of Light Vol I

By penny88

Saria has always known that she was a witch. The summer after graduating from high school, a stranger comes t... More

Episode 1- You've got mail
Episode 2- Welcome to CKU
Episode 3: Figure it out
Episode 4: Learn the Ways
Episode 5: Room things
Episode 6: Joy Ride
Episode 7: Tell me the Truth
Episode 8: Liar, Liar
Episode 9: Open Up
Episode 10: Monster
Episode 11: Try Again
Episode 12- Together at Last
Episode 13: Daddy-Daughter time
Episode 14: Paradise Island
Episode 15: Return to CKU
Episode 16: Return of the King
Episode 17: Breaking In

Episode 18: Blood Sacrifice

788 58 16
By penny88

"I need you."

My back arched and lifted off the bed. His tight grip on my waist held my bottom half in place as his tongue licked me lavishly. Curling into me. His saliva a mix of the essence of my desire.

"I crave you."

My fingers dug into his shoulders. I don't know how I didn't pierce through his skin. I was gripping him for dear life. His middle finger slide in and out of me effortlessly as he focused on my bead of pleasure, thoroughly lathered with his saliva it seemed to vibrate against his tongue.

I squeezed my eyes shut as a strong wave washed over me all the way to my toes. A ripple followed by another and another as my body shook. Can you die from an orgasm? How about multiple?

"Easton...." I gasped his name as I felt my back heat up. My muscles contorted as I felt the smoothness of the wings on my back. Soft as silk, translucent like a colorful glass, unbreakable like steel.

Wet passionate kisses trailed up my belly. A bite on my left side. A warm tongue licking up the valley between my breasts. A breathless twirl of a tongue around my lift nipple, before he lifted his head. Eyes a golden pool of blood, lips soft and glistening as if coated in fresh blood. I reached up and touched his face. It felt cold, still pale, but the dark veins that used to run across his face when he transformed was not as prominent. On the forehead, couple beneath the eyes, on his chin. I slowly ran my fingers over them.

Easton moaned and closed his eyes, rocking his hard body into mine as I caressed his face.

He was strangely beautiful.

"I want you."

He whispered as my thumb slid into his mouth. His warm mouth enclosed over it as he sucked on it slowly, opening his eyes to make eye contact with me.

An overwhelming sensation ran through my body as I involuntarily moaned loudly.

His lips turned up in a satisfied smirk as he nicked my thumb. "Do you feel the power?" He whispered.

"How are you doing this?" I whispered back in shock as he lowered his head to my neck. His soft lips a needed pressure against my throbbing vein. "It feels so real." I dug my fingers into his hair.

"You're doing it." His words grazed my ear. "But I need you to wake up now?"

I panted as I looked up at him in confusion. "What?"

"I need you to wake up now." Easton repeated  grabbing my neck.

My heart raced as his words weren't making sense. How were we together? We were in my room. No, I was in my room. Easton is still missing. I'm sleeping....I'm..

"WAKE UP!"

I gasped and scrambled up, grasping for something, anything, but I fell back against the hard ground.

Outside?

My heart pounded at my restricted speech because of the gag around my mouth.

I couldn't breathe.

My hands were constrained in front of me in what looked like thick medival handcuffs.

I quickly tried to sit right side up as I took in the long leather boots in front of me. I looked up to a tall, pretty darkskinned woman. Her hair was in a short pixie cut. Her eyes blood red with rings of gold.. Her red lips held an amused gaze.

"Oh my." She chuckled lightly as she walked around me as if circling her prey. "You're much more powerful than you look aren't you witchy?" The lady asked, licking her lips slowly. Her long silky black robe blew behind her, revealing her red laced corset and leather shorts. "What do we have here?"

She crouched down about a centifmeter away from my face, our noses practically touching. "You came out of that spell very fast."

I scrambled back and looked around the dense forest.

What the actual fuck? I was still dreaming. My head moved despearately side to side trying to wake myself up. I knew I looked ridiculous but I couldn't even process what was going on right now.

Do you know the moment you know you're going to die?

You can't imagine the adrenaline that starts pumping through your body.

I knew I was breathing hard, but I couldn't breathe. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't breathe. I could see the landscape tilting slightly back and forth like a mirage.

"Oh you're going to taste delicious." The lady moaned. "I thought I'd gotten the short end of the deal but, absoultely not." She grinned revealing sharp fans that seemed to sparkle in the night.

I tried to scream even though I knew it was pointless.

THINK GIRL! SHUT UP AND THINK! FOCUS! THINK! YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE! YOU'RE ABOUT TO FUCKING DIE! DO SOMETHING!

"What the---"

It was like the lowest vibration in my ears as a wave of energy flowed through my body. Lifting my hands, a golden glow illuminated around them as a beam of light extracted from my fingertips like bolts of electricity through my hand. It broke the chain free and propelled the charging vampire back against the tree a mile back.

I scrambled up and tugged in frustration the gag around my mouth, angrily yanking them out as my heart raced faster than was normal for any being.

I couldn't process anything. I couldn't process anything.

You would think you knew yourself well enough to determine, how you would react with your life literally at on the line. But nobody tells you of the unbelievable rush of adrenaline coursing through your body as you seek to survive.

"Paradise."

Easton? I looked behind me at the voice I had clearly heard. I gasped at the blow of wind that lifted my feet off the floor. The vampire yelled angrily as she charged so fast towards me that I swear she was moving in slow motion. But at the same time, almost as if in slow motion himself, Easton grinned. His arms shot out, aiming perfectly to grab her shoulder and her jaw. The look of shock in the vampire's eyes showed me there was recognition, there was fear and there was most definitely desire. It happened so fast, yet I saw every single second of the action as he twisted her jaw, a definite crack as her body and head slowly seperated,  getting further and further away from the other as they landed on opposite sides of the field.

After what seemed like years, I finally fell down hard on the ground. I groaned in pain as I sat up. Squinting into the night. His back was to me but I knew it was him. I could tell the back of his stupid head from anywhere. I scrambled up angrily.

"East----!"

I felt another gust of wind as I was once more knocked off my feet. The world again moving in slow motion as Easton intercepted the hand about to grab me by chopping down on the arm, the bone could be heard slowly cracking apart.

"Paradise." He repeated urgently as he turned and kicked the other cloaked creature in the chest.

Paradise? Paradise. I quickly rubbed the ring on my finger and gasped as I fell back on my bed. Staring up at the beautiful sky in horror.

"Calm down. You have magic. Calm down. You've been training. Take a breath....take a breath....breathe...." I rubbed my ring and closed my eyes.

"NO!" I yelled as I put my hand out. A beam of light passed through the air as the 4  vampires ontop of Easton burst into flames around him. He sat up in surprise, his hand outs to see if he was burned before slowly turning back to look at me.

Fuck. It really is him.

My shoulders dropped as all the angry words I wanted to spew at him, simply disappeared.

Fuck

He moved but I heard the crunch also. I whirled around, with my hand out. It was a quick shot of light through the body before it burst into flames and disintegrated.

I turned back to Easton.

You know how you really really want to kill somebody. But then you also are really really happy to see them.

I took a step towards him and he put his hand out.

"Stay." He ordered.

"Are you fucking serious right now?" I asked, not even hesitating to listen to his order. I rushed towards him and without holding back punched him hard in the arm. "Are you fucking serious?" I hit him  again and again.

But he stood there. His head lowered, his hair covering part of his face.

"What the fuck?" I whispered desperately, feeling simply exhausted, even my hands hurt from punching him.

"Are you okay?" He asked in a hoarse voice.

My eyes widened as I scoffed in disbelief. I walked around him, but he moved his face with every step I took as if avoiding meeting my eyes.

I stopped slowly. "You look different."

He took a step away from me. "It's not safe for you here. Go to your paradise, or the human world. You just can't be here anymore." He stated roughly. He turned his back to me and inhaled sharply.

"Are you being for real right now?" I whispered, my voice along with my heart cracking.

"This isn't your fight." He stepped back again, the darkness shielding half his face.  "Everybody's going to die."

"This isn't you." I shook my head and crossed my arms over my chest. "It isn't."

For the first time in a while Easton chuckled, and fuck me dry it stirred a longing inside of me. "This is me."

I walked up to him and angrily clasped my hands on his shoulders as I locked gaze with him. "Easton! Listen---"

I gasped as his hand wrapped tightly around my neck, keeping me at arms length. I could hear the thunder in the background. What was-----

"Do you feel the power?" He asked me.

I met his eyes, feeling myself getting lost in those beautiful pools of red. My body heated up as I leaned into his grip on my neck. I couldn't look away as surges of light twitched around us.

Easton? My eyes fought to find his through the dark. Through the layers of death and guilt and regret.

Easton.

Go Saria. I can't stop this. Go.

How are.....what are you doing?

"I love you." He whispered before I fell back into the white abyss, my mind roaring with images of the past, present future all mixed in one.

Distorted.

**

"B--BB—BBRRRR—RRIIINNNGG!"

"No...." I groaned as I turned around in my bed and aimlessly hit the alarm until it fell on the floor. That's what I get for following aesthetics. I wanted an old fashioned alarm and now it won't shut the fuck up.

"Fuck!" I yelled and chuckled at the irony. I threw the covers back and picked up the still ringing red alarm clock. I turned it around to switch the alarm off and gently put it on the desktop.

I picked up my cellphone and yawned lazily.

I'm so excited for the party tonight!

You think I should dance with Paxton?

I chuckled at my girlfriends text as anticipation for the dance creeped up. I opened the group message and was about to comment when another text popped up.

Saria, maybe you could dance with Easton.

Who? I typed in confusion.

WTF? I meant Aaron. I don't even know a fucking Easton.

Lol, I was wondering who Easton was too. Saria you gonna be there?

I stared at my phone.

Saria, maybe you could dance with Easton.

Saria....

This motherfucker...."NOOOO!!!!" I felt a rush as I was sucked through space and time. I fought with my mind to return to the last scene I remembered. I squeezed my eyes shut. "Take me back. Take me back."

I gasped as everything around me went black. I couldn't see or hear anything except for the soft drip of water hitting a puddle. "Hello? Easton?"

"Okay Book of Truth." I turned to my right to see an illuminated figure open up a the thick brown leather covered book.

"Easton!" I called out to him running. He looked so young. He looked how he always had in the beginning of the school year. Perfect jawline, nice lips, soft black hair, piercing blue eyes. That one dimple that caused my heart to flutter.

I slowed down as he opened the book calmly as if he couldn't hear me.

"Easton?" I waved my hand in front of his face.

"Free me from this curse." He whispered into the book.

Intrigued I looked into the book in confusion as the blank pages started to reveal lines and scribbles, moving across the paper. My eyes widened as they came together slowly to reveal a name.

Saria Mazuma

Easton slowly reached out with shaking hands to touch my name in the book.

"Saria Mazuma." He whispered.

He put the book down and leaned over something. His fingers moving as he started typing.

Saria.

My eyes were still focused on the book as if it called my name. I slowly cocked my head to the side at the words forming on the page. Highlighted as if for my eyes only. It was calling to me. The book. The book was talking to tme.

Emerald of Souls

"Emerald of souls." I whispered at the words forming on the  next page, and then turning into a beautiful illustration of what I assumed was the emerald dagger.

For Prophecy be told

The Daughter of Greed

Shall bestow upon her Light

The Emerald dagger

To Free Him from the Prison

I put my hand over the book and the words. I gasped as it sucked energy from my hand. "GET OFF!" It was taking something from me. What was it taking? What was happening! Get off! Let go!

Daughter of Greed

Daughter of Greed

Daughter of Greed

I spun, seeing myself in a gold cased vault, top to bottom filled with gold coins and treasure chests and weapons.

"What in the fucking cave of wonders..." I trailed off as I stared at the vast treasure before me.

Emerald of Souls.

A force  immediately directed me to a gold dagger on display. A dagger with an emerald handle. Just like in the drawing in the Book of Truth.

The Daughter of Greed

Shall bestow upon her Light

The Emerald dagger

To Free Him from the Prison

The dagger disappeared off the display and into my outstretched hand. What the fuck was I doing? Was I even doing this? I didn't feel like myself. I felt....light....i felt....powerful. My heart raced as the dagger shone brightly almost blinding me.

The Daughter of Greed

Shall bestow upon her Light

The Emerald dagger

To Free Him from the Prison

Argyle paused mid step. He cocked his head to the side as if listening to something. He put his hand out, creating a portal and stepped into his Vault of Hidden Treasures. He looked around the room, zeroing in on the empty display which use to hold the Emerald of Souls. He arched an eyebrow up and scoffed. Argyle rolled his shoulders back. "Witch-child....just like her mother."

I gasped as I was thrown into the middle of what seemed like a battlefield.

"What the actual fuck." I stumbled back. Fairies were screaming and fighting in every direction. Vampires were getting burned alive. There was so much pain. Stabbing. The smell of death ran pungent amidst the muddy dense forest. The light rain did nothing to alleviate the stench. In fact, it seemed to intensify it. I panted hard as I held the dagger in my hand.

What the fuck was going on. Too much was happening at one. I was just in the human world less than 30 minutes ago. I had been in some weird parallel past where Easton first opened the Book of Truth! Too much. I couldn't stomach it. I was just---I couldn't-----I turned around and threw up in the bushes. I hadn't even realized that I'd had food in my system to throw up successfully.

"Fuck..." I coughed out and spit out the rest of the bile in my mouth. I gasped and straightened back up, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. Wow excuse me. I have no fucking idea the last time, I'd legit thrown up. Time to once more be confused about my entire fucking life.

I knew what I had to do. I didn't know why. But I knew what.

"Easton!" I cried as I ran towards his fighting body. It seemed he'd once more switched sides. This time ripping apart fairies left and right, his father hovering about a mile above him, watching him.

I looked up in disgust at his father above as I kept running to Easton, dodging, bodies flying my way. "Easton he's lying! He's lying!"

I could feel his father's gaze on my running figure like a predator locked in on his prey but I couldn't give a flying fuck right now. "Easton stop!"

"Saria be careful!" Isla yelled right as a vampire slammed into her knocking her against a tree.

"Isla!"

Bolt quickly slashed a beam of blue light and it put a hole through the vampire's chest. It looked down in shock before disintegrating to the floor.

"Isla!"

"I'm okay." she shook her head and scrambled up to her feet. "I'm okay." She nodded in acknowledgment at Bolt who'd stopped running for her midway.

I turned back to Easton. No time to waste. Wiggling my fingertips, I could feel the power surging through them, my hand tightened against the dagger.

Easton, I'm so sorry. This is probably the hardest thing you'll ever have to do in your life. But you have to stop him now. He's using you to become you. Easton stop. This is not you. I know who you are! I know who you are!

I stopped in front of him panting. He straightened up. Easton didn't even look like he'd broken a sweat.

"What is she doing?" King Luciano narrowed his eyes at the two figures stopped in the middle of the battle field. An invisible barrier surrounding them from any outside force attack.

Luciano inhaled sharply. "From the girl? It's  coming from the girl? That beautiful power?" He barred his teeth. Sensing his eyes filling with blood.

"No more!"

He jumped back at the streak of light that barely missed his rib. With an angry growl, King Luciano lunged to the ground at who'd dared attack him.

He landed softly with a chuckle. Bowing elegantly he spoke in a teasing tone. "My, just as gorgeous as you were on your wedding night."

Queen Gayle spat on his shoe. "You can't have him." Her voice trembled with rage as she stared daggers into his eyes.

Luciano laughed. "Look around you lovely." He twirled. "Look at what our son is capable of...he simply says a word...."

"I don't fucking care about your vile disillusioned lies." Queen Gayle's cut him off. "He is not your son." She twirled and pulled out her sword filled with the power of the sun. "Let him go.........NOW!"

King Luciano chuckled as he brought out his own sword. He ran the sharp tip over his tongue, enjoying the drip of blood that flowed. He moaned and closed his eyes. "Oh Gayle, you always did put up a fight." He grinned, flashing his fangs as he charged her.

**

"Ready when you are." Chloe whispered.

I turned to see her body appear by my side. Her arms out, trails of black dripping from her hands into smoky figures.

I turned to Easton still watching me carefully. None of us having moved since, I'd gotten his attention.  Determined, I locked my eyes with him as energy soared through me. "NOW!"

A smoky army  stormed past me, taking down everything in it's path.

I charged at Easton holding the dagger tightly in my hand.

The Daughter of Greed

Shall bestow upon her Light

The Emerald dagger

To Free Him from the Prison

It's only because I love you.

I cried out in anguish as I held the dagger even tighter. I leaped into the air, aiming for his heart, my hand pulled back, my own heart racing.

I'm so sorry.

I brought my hand down hard----Easton stopped it.

I gasped and tried to stab him again. Was he supposed to be this strong? He was blocking all of my blows as if I was teasing him with a plastic knife.

"What are you doing?" He asked calmly, keeping me at arms length.

"I'm trying to free you!" I yelled.

"It looks like you're trying to stab me. Multiple times." He replied, cocking his head to the side.

Fuck me, for thinking his scary ass was actually fucking hot.  Because he was. Like he was creepy and sexy.

Easton moved his head to the other side. "Is this foreplay for you?"

I groaned. "Stabbing you was freeing you!" I sighed and shrugged. "I don't know the Book of Truth or something,..said something like that..."

"The Book of Truth?" Easton repeated.

"Look can we---can we---I don't know why---why you're--just. not---not snapping back to your senses." I cried out. "We're in a middle of a war that your selfish father caused, because he wants to be you. HE WANTS TO BE YOU!"

Easton moved his head to the side as he slowly circled me. "You're bleeding." He whispered sniffing the air.

I frowned and touched the cut on my cheek. I looked at my finger and sure enough there was fresh blood. I gasped. He'd cut me. With his long nails, when he was stopping me from stabbing him, I could see my blood on his finger. I reached out and cut myself deeper on the cheek. Wincing at the pain, but so the blood would flow more.

Easton watched me before looking  down and realizing he had my blood on his finger. He slowly brought it to  his mouth and licked it off.

I'm going to hell for sure, because my pussy throbbed. Fuck. Fuck.

In a flash, Easton was by my side, his hand on my neck, he closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, releasing a low moan.

My mouth dropped open as I felt his warm breath and then his tongue on my cheek. The lick that followed next,  sent my senses on a rave. He ran his tongue over the cut and moaned with his eyes closed.

"Remember." I whispered to him as he dropped his head to my neck and dug his fangs into my flesh.

I gasped. And held his head tighter. "Please...Remember."

**

"Queen Gayle..." I whispered, as I slowed down wrapping my wrist. She was proclaimed missing. Everybody in the entire kingdom was looking for her. She looked tired. Sad and tired. I could see the heaviness in those usually bright blue eyes.

"Saria."

That's when I say the shimmer of light around her.

No....she wasn't actually here.

She smiled and gave me a gentle nod. "I know I have caught you off guard child. But I don't have much time." She stepped forward and her entire aura waved, a pleasant force surrounding me. "I don't know what state he will be in." she whispered. "But to get through to him, he must drink from you." She looked behind her as if avidly aware of her surrounding.

I too looked even though we were the only ones on the third floor library. Everybody else was downstairs preparing their weapons and first aid kits.

"Help him remember." Her voice trailed off as she faded away in a golden light.

**

I squeezed my eyes shut at the pain as his fangs dug deeper, sucking more desperately. He could see my memories. He could feel and be in my thoughts.

He needed something familiar to recenter himself.

He just needed to recenter himself.

Recenter yourself around me.

Around me.

Around me.

I brought my hand up as the tears ran down my cheeks. This is the scariest shit I'd ever had to do.

Around me.

I closed my eyes  and without thinking any more, lifted my hand and  stabbed him  hard between his shoulder blades.

Easton gasped and released me. He stumbled back, the dagger still impaled in him. My blood pouring from his lips. He watched me in confusion.

"I'm---I'm---I'm so—sorry..." My voice trembled as tears rushed down my face at his look of betrayal.

Easton doubled over clutching his chest.

I cried. Fuck. Was this my stupid fucking destiny. Killing my mate? I seemed so far, the war fading in the background as we stared at each other.

My stomach sinking.

This is the worst possible feeling in the entire world.

Easton's eyes rolled back and I gasped in horror as he projectile vomited streams of blood. I jumped back as splatters of the copper smelling liquid hit my face, almost getting in my eye, hitting my mouth, nose cheeks, sliding into my ear.

It was if time stood still, and the only thing to happen was Easton doubled over hacking up blood. I could hear my own heavy breathing, and ringing in my ear. Almost automatically, I slowly turned around to see what was going on. Chloe's army had left a significant mist of grey across the land with  dead bodies. But the biggest impact was every single fairy and vampire seemed frozen in mid fight as they stared at the vampire fairy prince.

Arms and weapons slowly coming down as intense wave after waves of an invisible force field rocked through the land.

Easton gasped. His black almost translucent wings flapped widly behind him as he dropped to the ground. Fingers digging into the dirt.

"NOOOOOO!"

I snapped my head to King Luciano appearing a couple feet from us, holding a bloody and bruised Queen Gayle roughly by the neck.

"YOU----YOU----YOU------" His father whirled around to me.

I'd never known fear until I've stared into this creature's eyes. I took a couple steps back. Fuck.

"Wait----" Easton hoarse voice broke through the silence. He put one arm out as he tried to catch his breath.

The distraction was all I needed as King Luciano looked back to his son and I felt comforting hands on me.

Friends.

I turned to them, my heart racing.

My friends were here. Isla smiled at me supportively as she took my hand.

Willow nodded at me, her hand on her sword unwavering. Her gaze transfixed on Easton. Bolt stood next to Isla. His arrow drawn at King Luciano, as he waited for the slightest provocation to shoot. Professor Tallulah, Mason and Professor Merryweather jogged forward.

King Luciano chuckled in disbelief. "Is this supposed to intimidate me? "He asked almost gleefully.

Easton groaned as he slowly rose to his feet. Stumbling slightly, he gasped in pain and straightened up. The dagger remained between his shoulder blades as he stretched his neck. Taking heavy breaths, the prince  looked around the battlefield with a mixture of intrigue and utter confusion.

Queen Gayle sighed in relief as King Luciano roughly dropped her to the ground as he turned his focus to his son.

His face was back to normal. Hiis crystal blue eyes were wide and  expressive. A ring of gold around the iris. He panted as he slowly turned around. I saw the way his shoulders fell, his eyes lowered at he took in the bodies, upon bodies of fallen creatures laid around us. At the ashes and smoke filling the dense forest.

The smell of death.

He stumbled back.

No.....I slowly left go of Isla's hand and took a step towards him, cautiously moving around his father, whose vile eyes watched me like a hawk.

Easton's mouth twitched. He turned to look at me. His bright eyes once more clouding over, the red, swirls reappearing in his eyes.

"Look at me." I whispered taking another step towards him. "Just look at me. Focus on me."

King Luciano growled and put his arm out, his long black nails scrapped the air. He jumped back angrily in frustration at the light sparks that heated his hand.

I gasped.

My shield.

I blinked in confusion. He couldn't get past the shield I had put around Easton and I.

First off, I'm a fucking genius even in the midst of danger and secondly...I think it worked.

Ignoring King Luciano, I ran to Easton and grabbed his blood soaked body. "Easton it's me...focus on me. You know who you are." I ignored the wetness of the thick liquid, I ignored the smell of death around him. I ignored the background.

Him.

Only him.

Our eyes met and his cleared up back to that gorgeous blue with a golden ring around it.

The fairy prince, lowered his eyes in shame. "You shouldn't be here." His voice echoed with a heartbreaking ache. All I could do was squeeze his arms in comfort.

"Are you okay?" I whispered crying. Now feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders. I took another step towards him, clutching on to him as warm tears blinded my vision. "Are you okay?" We'll get through this. I could no longer talk, because I was crying too much, but I nodded at him. We'll get through this Easton...we will. I gently touched his cheek.

"DO NOT LISTEN TO HER!"

King Luciano's voice vibrated throughout the field, and we all turned to him. Whatever temporary spell Easton and I had been under when we solely focused on each other was broken. Reality came back hard and fast. Smacking me in the face at the war scene we stood in the middle of.

"It's over Luciano." Headmistriss Silva stated, arms crossed as she stood between the fairies that had collected themselves to her side.

The vampires had also gathered together on the other side of the field. Muscles Tense. Eyes sharp, nails long and fangs exposed as they awaited order.

"I'm sorry." Easton whispered shaking his head at me. "I'm sorry." It was so low, I could barely hear him.

King Luciano laughed heartily as if that was the funniest shit he'd ever seen. He turned to Easton and I in amusement. "She stabbed you in the back!" King Luciano chuckled. "Clearly you see the irony, son."

I could hear the murmurs passing through the fairies who still had not put together that 2+2=4.  I looked at the shining dagger still planted in his back. The fact that he was standing as if he couldn't feel a single thing was low key creeping me out....but he wasn't dead. He wasn't. I mean for somebody who'd gotten stabbed, he looked pretty good. I mean...good was stated loosely here. He was covered from head to toe in blood.

I saw the side of his mouth move up in an amused twitch.

My eyes widened. Right. You can hear me.

He gently pulled me closer to him.

I'm sorry. I held on to his arm. I'm sorry I was scared-----

"ENOUGH!"

I gasped as my force field shattered into glass all around us. A gust of wind propelled us apart. I was thrown back roughly. Gasping as I clutched the ground. I jerked my head up.

"Don't move."

I heard the command loud and clear as if he'd roared it through a  megaphone.

King Luciano, swept the tail of his coat back as he looked proudly around the field at every single creature frozen, under the sound of his voice, except for Headmistress Silva, Bolt and Easton who was slowly coming back to his feet.

King Luciano levitated as he laughed at the field. "This is meaningless." He sneered. He whirled around, hand out as he intercepted Headmistress Silva's blue light beam in his hand.

I gasped as King Luciano chuckled darkly in amusement.

Bolt's eyes darted quickly as he trained his arrow on King Luciano, his steps slow and steady as he moved around.

King Luciano kept laughing as his focused stayed on headmistress Silva, both powers, colliding to overtake the other. "I told you, you don't get to win this time, didn't I tell you that Whitney?"

More murmurs among the fairies at the casual way King Luciano addressed the headmistress.

Headmistress Silva held her scowl at she pushed more power forward.

"Yes. You're weak now. You've been weak for sometime now haven't you?" He laughed as if he knew a little secret. "That's what happens when you betray your friends Whitney..." His eyes revealed nothing but a desire for destruction.

Headmistress Silva twirled and tried to strike him over and over again, but King Luciano intercepted her blow, for blow as if he was casually sparring. "Remember what I told you?" King Luciano winked at her. "I will tear your fucking heart out of your----"

All we could do was watch in horror at the surreal action taking place before us. It was no more than a couple seconds but it felt like a lifetime. King Luciano's target was apparent as he grinned at headmistress Silva before he intercepted the glowing blue elfen arrow that Bolt shot at him. In the same instance he turned and shot it back right at Bolt's heart.

"NOOOOO!" Headmistress Silva turned desperately to her son. compared to a vampire's speed, she would never get there in time.

I saw Isla's mouth drop open in slow motion. Her body turned to Bolt, arms out in fear.

"DROP!" Easton ordered.

Bolt barely missed the arrow as he dropped to a knee. the arrow flying past him, scraping his cheek. A second or two passed before He clutched his chest. There were rules to his immortality. His arrows laced with Elfin magic could end his life.

"Bolt!" Isla gasped, dropping down to the ground with him. She run her hands over him frantically checking for any damage. "Are you okay? Are you okay?"

He panted as he looked up at her in awe.

He missed.

The great Vampire King Luciano missed....No...something was....I turned my head at about the same time as everybody else, that had felt the air vibrate.

Attempting to kill Bolt was the distraction he needed.

With headmistress Silva facing her son, meant she was no longer on the offense. The love of a mother for her child left her vulnerable even for just a split of a second.

"No...." I whispered in shock as King Luciano appeared behind Headmistress Silva.

His hand pierced through her chest, to pop out on the other side, holding in his bloody hand her beating elfen heart. "Fucking elfen chest." He grinned happily.

"NOOOO!" Bolt gasped as he stared at them in horror.

Cosmo quickly jerked and sniffed the air. His big frame, seemingly expanding. His body tensed. Professor Tallulah looked back at him in despair before facing the scene once more.

Professor Merryweather grimaced in pain and looked away. The scene too gruesome to watch.

I couldn't look away. I will have nightmares of this scene for the rest of my life.

"I am done! Playing games!" King Luciano roared as Headmistress Silva's lifeless body dropped to the ground.

I turned to Easton in horror at what just happened. Wait...wait she couldn't...she couldn't die. She was the boss...she was...she is the headmistress...she's in charge...no...no this isn't..this isn't how it's supposed to go.

"Enough Luciano..." Queen Gayle spoke out forcefully.

Easton blinked, as he whirled his head, seeing his mom as if for the first time. "Mom?"

"Take the knife out your back son." Queen Gayle ordered and dusted off her dress. She  lifted her chin and stood majestically even though she was bruised and battered. "You don't get to---"

"See let me cut you off right here darling." King Luciano appeared in front of the queen and grabbed her by the neck.

"NO!" Easton yelled putting his hand out.

I couldn't breathe. Everything was happening too fast. Did things happen this fast? There's no time. No time to process anything.

Time stopped once more.

Easton reaching out desperately to his parents.

His father's death grip around his mother's neck.

Queen Gayles' defiant glare matching his.

I gasped as I saw the very familiar black smoke. Slowly turning my head to the side, I saw Chloe smiling sadly. Her hands dropped, as her eyes turned into a black abyss. Her mouth opened as a eery wailing song emitted from her mouth.

No.

I turned to warn Easton.

But if I'd put it together. He must have also.

"He will never be yours." Queen Gayle smiled through the pain as she held King Luciano's gaze.

Easton's father's face transformed into the ugliest vampire transformation I'd yet to witness. His growl echoed through the field as his hand reached back.

I felt more than saw Easton rush forward

I didn't want to look.

Chloe's song.

The collective gasp was my undoing as I reluctantly looked up.

Easton had leapt, arm extended, dagger in hand....but he was off.

His dad had just dodged him by what seemed like a fraction of a centimeter, as Easton flew pass him, his dagger, digging nothing but air.

I saw the moment, the situation hit Easton. The horror etched on his face as he whirled around. Nothing purer than  absolute fear came across those lightning blue eyes of his.

Queen Gayle's face maintained a smile as she held her son's gaze. "My light." Her voice was like a caress in the wind as her head was detached from her body. Her blood splattering across his face.

My body seemed to collapse. This is too much.

This is too much.

I could barely see the scene in front of me through the tears.

The queen's head rolled towards a huddled group of fairies who screamed and cried as they scrambled back. Her body slowly waving before collapsing to the ground.

Easton's mouth hung open as he stumbled to his mother's body. Dropping the dagger, he caught her headless body before it could smack the dirt."M-m-mm-mom...?" His voice trembled as everybody watched him fall to the ground. He looked around feverently, hands shaking as he picked up his mother's head, staring at in in disbelief.

He choked on his gasp, blood streaming down his face. "M—mom?"

Bolt and Cosmo knelt speechlessly next to their mother's lifeless body.

I looked away. I couldn't watch. Easton was trying to put her head back on.

Fuck....fuck...I dropped my head and cried. Fuck.

I wanna go home.

I'm so sorry Easton.

"I'm sorry..." Easton cried as he held her close body close. "I'm sorry....please...." he hugged his mother's head to his chest, kissing the top of her still lucious flowy black hair. "Please...."

"They corrupted her..." King Luciano sighed. "She hasn't been your mother for a long time..."

I caught where his gaze shifted to.

I hated him.

I hated him so much.

I used up all the strength I had left and ran to the dagger.

Easton stiffened and cocked his head to the side.

I screamed and lunged for it, only for a strong wind to push me back. I crashed into the ground hard and heard the cracks in my wrists.

Oh fuck.....It was so painful, I couldn't even scream.

I looked up to the two figures facing each other. I don't know how or when, but Easton had retrieved the dagger and it was now pointing it at his father. His wings stretched. Eyes a blazing red, black veins spreading across his face, his fangs exposed and sharp.

King Luciano froze at the dagger pressed against his chest. "You're not thinking clearly." He spoke calmly. "I'm only doing what's necessary so that we could----"

Easton growled and lunged at him . The grand vampire king stumbled back. He chuckled. "You're not thinking clearly."

Easton charged at his father again. His speed incredible. They were both moving so fast, it was streaks of black darting back and forth. But if I focused, I could see. I could slow the world down and see. The bloody tears streaming down the young prince's face. The rage and fury, vibrating off his body as he charged at his father relentlessly. Each strike causing him to glow brighter and brighter as if unleashing a light from within him.

King Luciano must have seen it too, because he turned from a defensive stance to attacking as he tried to also dodge his son's advancing attacks.

I blinked, feeling my heart soar...Easton was stronger....he was stronger...

Easton let out a loud war cry, his wings back as he shot like a bullet towards his father. Dagger perfectly aimed.

It was just a split second but I saw it.

The moment Easton realized he was going to kill his dad. The pain that came across his face, somehow seemed to match his fathers as if the two were suspended in time.

But it was that split second of hesitation that King Luciano needed as he was enveloped in a cloud of black smoke and disappeared right as Easton took the final step to plunge the dagger into his heart.

The rest of the vampires also disappeared as if sucked through a portal. Leaving Easton to pierce nothing but air. He landed, his back to us. His father gone, leaving behind nothing but death.

It was as if a spell was lifted as the other fairies cautiously moved out of fear at everything that had just transpired before them.

I lifted my head to the thunder and then the heavy rush of rain that fell ontop of us, adding more to the depressive attitude.

"East----" I trailed off as he dropped the dagger on the ground once more and turned. In silence all the fairies watched the fairy prince as he picked up his mother's head and brought it to his chest once more. Solemnly he reached down ever so gently and picked up her lifeless body with ease.

I took a step back. It wasn't my place to interrupt. He needed this moment.

Without a word or backwards glance we all looked up as Easton shot up into the grey sky. Flying against the pouring rain and disappearing.

Nobody spoke even after Easton's figure was no longer visible in the sky. Nobody spoke as the attention once more collectively drifted to headmistress Silva's lifeless body. Nobody spoke as the rain beat down on us.

"War is shit." Mason's somber voice broke to the silence.

We looked at each other. Too traumatized to be relieved at our survival.

I took a couple steps back looking at the disaster before me. My eyes once more glazed over with tears.

This was too much.

My back hit the tree.

I couldn't do this.

I rubbed my ring, my bottom lip shaking. "I'm sorry." I whispered.

Isla looked around in concern. "Where's Saria?"

Willow looked around and hung her head. She looked at Isla and then Bolt. She looked at the body of headmistress Silva that professor Tallulah was hovered over, covering her in vines of preservation. She looked to where she'd last seen Saria. She looked around at all the injured fairies. She looked down at her own bloody hand. She was shaking and hadn't even realized it.

She swallowed hard and took a deep breath. She forced a reassuring smile on her face and patted Isla's shoulder. "Hopefully somewhere safe."

**

My body shook as I held myself. Here I could cry. Hear I could give the ugliest most heart wrenching sobs and nobody would ever know.

It was too much.

I pressed my back into the wall of my cabin. I needed something. I couldn't breathe.

This is too much.

I shook as tears after tears flowed from my body.

I can't do this.

I don't want this.

I wanna go home.

**

Argyle sighed heavily as he watched his daughter through the crystal globe. He looked away and inhaled sharply.

Tiger meowed loudly and licked his hand.

Argyle sadly shook his head. "I can take this burden from her."

Tiger meowed again in protest.

Argyle looked back at the crystal globe and his daughter crying on the floor of her cabin in the fetal position. He lowered his gaze. "Maybe Monica was right..." He whispered.

Tiger purred sadly  and settled down in his bed.

**

"Mama Neua! Why do you ignore me?" Monica cried out against the thundering black skies.

"You do not know, the manner of child you wish to save." The spirit of Mama Neua called out.

"So you rather I kill him?" Monica whispered in shock. "The fairy prince?"

"It's a....." Mama Neua cut herself off as if she wasn't allowed to say more.

"Mama Neua." Monica pleaded. "If we can get the favors of the fairy kingdom, our coven is protected from any attack."

The spirit of Mama Neua rushed over to her. "These creatures do not take kindly to us witches interfering in their future."

"She asked me for my help. The queen herself. She asked me. She said she was led to me. Favor shines on our coven." Monica insisted stubbornly. "Is that not within our duty to do so?.....are we not also in the fairies debt after the last war? They protected us."

"This is different. Your actions are tied to a prophecy of which I never wanted our family to be involved with." The spirit of Mama Neua looked down sadly. "Death will demand a sacrifice to save the prince."

Monica inhaled sharply.

Another child.

A life for a life.

She trembled. She hated blood spells. There was always a catch.

Monica swallowed hard. "I know....I think that's why the coven agreed. I'm barren, the sacrifice does not need to come from our line. Our family will not be involved any more than the birth of this prince." Monica clasped her hands together. "I will ensure our survival and then, I will go my separate way. We will never have to worry again." Monica straightened her back feeling confident. "I just need you to reveal your spell in the little family book for me.....please..."

Mama Neua chuckled dryly. "Oh Monica...so eager...so young...so naïve." The spirit turned and locked eyes with her great-great-great-granddaughter. "Just remember----they always collect."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.7K 3.7K 104
Once upon a time, thousands of years ago, men and fae lived side by side. These were often dark times, as men had little means to defend themselves f...
279 18 11
Lorelei, lost and alone at twenty-one, struggles to find purpose in her life, only to discover she has already been chosen at birth to fulfill a dest...
16.1K 2.2K 39
Saron is an orphan with no knowledge of who she is or where she comes from. She's adopted into a family that doesn't want her where she spends her ch...
482 50 48
Dasher doesn't know how he ended up in Columbia, South Carolina, but he made it there after his family was brutally murdered in front of him--and he'...