Redo

By WendyNoire

TRIGGER WARNING: DEATH ABUSE FAKED SUICIDE BAD MENTAL HEALTH (I don't want to specifically diagnose and it's... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 2

284 16 17
By WendyNoire

The next morning Ron woke up with a splitting headache. He didn't remember falling asleep, but assumed he had fallen asleep on Hermione after crying. He felt warm though, so her parents probably covered them with a blanket.

That was what Ron thought until he heard a squeak from somewhere in the covers.

He yelled, flailing as he fell to the floor, seeing that Hermione wasn't there, in fact he wasn't even in her house. Looking around he realised he was in his bedroom from before Harry's death, he couldn't be sure exactly when, the family didn't exactly have money to redecorate his room, but from the lack of homework and books on the table he was sure it wasn't third or fourth year.

This was only confirmed when Ron found the source of the squeaking.

Scabbers.

The damn rat that had landed Harry with his murderers. The grown man only too happy to sleep in his bed. Well this time he wasn't about to believe it. This time he would release Sirius and let Harry move in with him, whatever it took.

"Fred, George!" Ron yelled , opening his door just enough to yell, his room darker than outside it and his head still hurting like hell. "Can I borrow some large container!? I don't care what!"

"Ron, what do you think you're doing waking up so late and that being the thing that you yell first." Percy scolded Ron, not that he cared.

"Percy, I have a headache, I'll come down soon, I just need the container first." Ron said, leaning his head on the cold door.

"What do you need it for?" Fred asked, holding a few different pots.

"By the way, family meeting as soon as you're dressed." George added, both the twins also looking a little pale, just like Ron with his splitting headache.

"There's a pest in my room, I want to catch it." Ron said, reaching out for one of them, the one he was given a jar that had a breathable lid. "I'll be down soon."

"Ron, when someone gives you something, you say thank you." Percy reprimanded Ron, who didn't bother responding to him, just rolling his eyes and closing the door.

Ron guessed he was lucky that Scabbers had always been lazy, because if he wasn't then it would probably be much harder to catch him. He didn't know the spell that Sirius and Remus used in third year, but even if he did he didn't want to turn Scabbers into Peter Pettigrew before he was dressed or while the man was still in his bed.

Once Scabbers was in the jar and the lid was on, Ron covered it with his duvet and got dressed. It was so much easier to deal with his hair now it was shorter, and it was easier for him to get out of bed knowing that this was a time when Harry was still alive. He didn't know exactly when this was, but if Scabbers was still his rat, Harry hadn't been killed.

"Morning Ron, how are you feeling?" Molly asked, gesturing for him to take a seat, a plate full of food in front of his seat already.

"I'm alright, I have a headache, but otherwise I'm good." Ron said, taking his seat and starting to eat.

"Your mother and I called this family meeting because we need to check something. How many people here remember Harry's death?" Arthur asked. If it had only been him who remembered he wouldn't have said anything, but Molly remembered too.

"The last think I remember was Hermione and me solving his murder." Ron said after gulping down a rather too large mouthful that he hadn't finished chewing so he could talk without his mouth full.

"What are you on about? The only Harry I know of is Harry Potter and we don't know him even if he is going to start Hogwarts with Ron this year. Her certainly hasn't died." Percy said, annoyed, thinking his parents and Ron were playing a prank on him.

"So you confirmed it was a murder then?" Ginny asked, not looking up from her clenched hands.

"What are you all talking about?" Percy asked again, annoyed.

"It was the muggles he lives with, we don't know the precise details, but it was his uncle who actually did it." Ron said, glaring at his eggs.

"That causes more problems then," Molly said, though she was also seething. "Dumbledore insists that Harry has to go to that house until he allows us to come get him."

"Why do we have to do what Dumbledore tells us?" Fred and George asked in perfect synchronisation.

"We were in debt up to and including this year, but Dumbledore agreed to pay it off from next year, in return we have to do what he tells us. As long as we carry the Weasley name we cannot go directly against his word, and there is a limit of how many people can leave or be disowned, and while they can return, if they're not part of the family they cannot stay in the house." Arthur explained. He had agreed after discussing it with Molly, mostly with how much they were suffering with money, and because that the time they didn't see anything wrong with Dumbledore.

"It's okay, we'll figure something out." Ginny said.

"Actually, I probably have enough evidence to free Sirius in my room right now." Ron said.

"Sirius? You mean Sirius Black the murderer in Azkaban!? Would someone explain to me what is going on!?" Percy yelled, it seemed he was the only person in the family who had no idea what was going on or what people were talking about.

"Is that what you needed the container for?" Fred asked.

"What's the evidence?" George asked.

"Yes, and the evidence is Peter Pettigrew. He's Scabbers." Ron said, he was half finished with breakfast and was full. Sure, his body was the way it was just before first year, well obviously, due to it being that time, but he was now more used to eating less as he did when looking into Harry's case.

"What the fuck?" Fred asked, usually Percy or their parents would tell any of them of for swearing, but this time it was a sentiment that they all shared.

"Did seriously none of you believe what we told you about why we trusted Sirius?" Ron asked, Percy getting more and more lost.

"Sorry dear, but in our defence, we were worried about you and we didn't know we could trust Sirius." Molly said, looking concerned at the small amount Ron was eating.

"Fine, well in third year after going to talk to Hagrid to support him through losing Buckbeak we were late going back to the castle because we snuck out. Sirius grabbed me meaning to get Scabbers who ran away. When we were all in the Shrieking Shack Professor Lupin came in and explained to us that Scabbers was Peter and the Marauder's Map showed it. They turned him back into a human and we were taking him to be handed in after Harry persuaded them not to kill Peter when he escaped." Ron said, not wanting to talk about how Remus is a werewolf. There was nothing wrong with it and it wasn't his fault, but he saw how rude people were about werewolves.

"But this time we know he's Peter, so we can hand him in." Ginny said for Ron.

"Who's someone from the ministry we can trust. I have a feeling Dumbledore didn't want Sirius to be free, so if he's given to someone in a position like us then nothing will change." Molly said, looking at Arthur.

"I can't say anything for sure right now, Ron, keep him somewhere secure, I will look into it." Arthur said, getting up. "I need to get to work now, let me know if there's any more important information I don't have."

"Can someone please tell me what I'm missing?" Percy practically exploded.

"The rest of us remember what happens where Ron becomes Harry's best friend and the two of them get into a lot of trouble with their other best friend Hermione Granger. Harry ended up in the Triwizard Tournament in his fourth year as an extra champion, when Cedric Diggory, the Hogwarts champion, got killed by the Death Eaters in front of Harry. Harry came back and told everyone, you said he was insane and left the family, and during that Summer holiday Harry was killed." Molly explained.

"It took me and Hermione 2 years to solve his murder, but we did. I must have fallen asleep and when I woke up it was this morning." Ron added.

"I'm going to write to Bill and Charlie to see if they remember." Ginny said, getting up from the table and leaving.

"When you're done, can I write to Hermione?" Ron asked.

"That's going to take a long time though, you know how to use a phone now, right? Just call her." Ginny said, shrugging. It was impossible to tell what his and Hermione's relationship was, but it was definitely enough to call each other.

"And what do I say if she doesn't remember? 'How do I have your number? You gave it to me in a different timeline.'" Ron said sarcastically.

"If she doesn't remember then apologise and say you got the wrong number." Ginny said, rolling her eyes. Getting closer to muggleborn classmates meant she understood a little about the muggle world.

"Yeah, okay. Mum, where's the muggle money?" Ron said, getting up himself. The only phone he could use the red one in the muggle town.

"You should check your father's things." Molly said, if they really needed muggle money then they would go to Gringottts, but Arthur collected anything muggle he could.

"Thanks." Ron said, running outside to the garage, where all of Arthur's muggle items, tinkered with or not, Molly insisting they couldn't be in the house.

Ron then ran down to the red phone box that smelt of old alcohol and urine, ignoring the obvious dried sick in the corner as he put in the coins and dialled Hermione's landline. They had mostly communicated with Hedwig, though sometimes they would call each other, usually when they were feeling their lowest and needed to talk.

"Hello, Granger residence." A voice Ron recognised as Hermione's father's answered, he had never asked their names.

"Hello, is Hermione available?" Ron asked, his heart in his throat, even though he had learnt that he didn't need to shout, he always had to remind himself whenever he spoke on the phone, especially at this moment, he didn't know why he was so nervous.

There was a lot of rustling from the other side before Hermione's voice came to be audible. "Hello?"

"Hermione? It's Ron-"

"Ron!! Oh my god, Ron Weasley!? Do you- do you remember?" Hermione seemed to not be able to get her words out properly, tripping over then as he heard more cluttering around the other end of the call.

"Yes, it's me, you remember too? It's almost first year, Hermione, he's going to be alive." Ron said, his voice suddenly weak.

"I know. We'll protect him this time. I'm so glad you remember too, I don't think you would have listened to me if you didn't." Ron could hear the pain in Hermione's voice even through the poor, grainy quality.

"I don't know about Bill and Charley, but so far only Percy doesn't remember on my end." Ron said, glad he wasn't going to be forced to the responsible one. He was terrible at that role, he could only really do it for a week.

"Nobody on my end remembers. Do you think Harry does?" Hermione's voice was almost inaudible as she asked.

"I hope not." Ron's voice wasn't much louder.

Unfortunately Ron hadn't found enough money for a long conversation, but they both felt better knowing that the other remembered. Though it was also conflicting, they were glad to not be alone, but what they had gone through was a lot. Not as much as Harry, but a lot.

-----

The start of the train journey was the same as last time, so it was unclear if Harry remembered. Ron was more attentive towards Harry this time, and now he was looking for he could clearly see fatigue written across Harry's face, the kind of bone piercing kind that Harry would start to lose at Hogwarts, and would be back at the start of every year.

This time Ron didn't sing Dumbledore's praises to Harry when he got the old coot's chocolate frog card, and he didn't talk about how terrible Slytherin was. Hermione arrived with Neville much earlier than they did last time. It wasn't clear if it was because of Hermione or not, but it was earlier.

"Sorry, have either of you seen a toad? Neville lost his." Hermione said, though Neville seemed much more confident than he did in first year last time.

"Sorry, I don't think so." Harry said.

"No," Ron said, before catching Hermione's eye. "But I do know a spell for that."

"You already know some magic?" Harry asked, perking up a little.

"Well, yeah. My whole family can use magic after all, and I am one of the youngest." Ron said, looking over at Hermione and Neville again, noticing that Trevor was already in Neville's hands. Accio wouldn't reveal this to Harry, but it meant that Neville likely remembered too.

Harry looked impressed with Ron's spell work, which made Ron happy. Sure, Harry would be easily impressed by magic at this point, but Ron had always felt somewhat like the odd one out in their group. He deeply regretted making Harry suffer for his jealousy last time.

"Do you mind if we stay in your compartment with you?" Hermione asked when Neville was holding Trevor again, Ron noticing the ginger cat with a squashed face circling around Hermione's feet, Crookshank's eyes on Harry.

"I'm fine with it, but it's Harry's compartment really." Ron said, looking over at Harry, who looked like a deer in headlights that both concerned Ron, and made him think that Harry was cuter than he remembered.

"I'm fine with it." Harry said, Crookshanks almost immediately rushing into the compartment and jumping on Harry's lap. "Is this your cat?"

"Yes, he's called Crookshanks. It seems he likes you." Hermione said, going to sit next to Ron.

"What about your things?" Ron asked, realising that neither Hermione nor Neville had their trunks or even their robes.

"The trunks will be taken to our dorms anyway, and we can go grab our robes when we need them." Hermione said as Neville closed the door and sat next to Harry, who was carefully petting Crookshanks.

Hedwig didn't seem to like the fact that Harry was giving more attention to Crookshanks than her, and let out an angry hoot. Harry ended up letting Hedwig out of her cage in the hopes that would make her calm down. She immediately settled on his knee, demanding his attention too. It seemed Harry was popular with animals.

"You two can also help yourselves to the food." Harry said, both his hands now being taken up with Hedwig and Crookshanks.

"Thank you, if you want I can feed you something if you're hungry." Neville said, feeling a little uncomfortable eating food that Harry bought, especially now Harry couldn't.

"It's fine, I'm not hungry any more." Harry said with a smile, turning to look at the landscape rushing past the window.

'You remember?' Ron mouthed at Neville in such a way that Harry wouldn't be able to tell, getting a nod in response.

Hermione and Neville disappeared after a while to get changed, Harry and Ron changing in their compartment, Crookshanks staying in the compartment rather than following Hermione. He seemed oddly attached to Harry, had he been like that in their previous life too?

This time Ron glanced in Harry's trunk as Harry was getting out his robes, it was significantly more empty than Ron's, it was mostly school things, and the literal only clothes Harry had were the messy, torn, massively oversized, stained clothes he had always been wearing. In the previous timeline Ron had just assumed that Harry found them comfortable, though he did think it was odd that with all of Harry's riches he still wore stained clothes.

Another thing that was different from the last time they went through this was when Draco Malfoy showed up. Ron was already planning to be more respectful towards him, though he wasn't about to let himself and his family get walked all over, Harry did mention that he was almost in Slytherin so it wouldn't hurt him to have a better relationship with the house. It didn't go how Ron expected though.

The first thing that was different was that Draco didn't show up flanked by Crabbe and Goyle, though he still came when it was only Harry and Ron in the compartment.

"You're Harry Potter, right?" Draco asked, though he didn't sound as cocky as Ron remembered him being in first year. "I'm Draco, Draco Malfoy. I hope we can be friends in the future."

That's definitely not what he said last time, but why would Malfoy remember the previous timeline if Percy, who was closer to Harry than Draco, even if he did leave the Weasleys before Harry's death yelling how Harry was insane and the rest of them were just as crazy for believing him and supporting him.

"Um, yeah, I hope so too." Harry said a little awkwardly, looking at Ron who shrugged at him, expecting what Harry's about to ask. He might not like Draco, but in the end it's Harry's decision who he becomes friends with and Draco was significantly nicer to him and Hermione after Harry's death, and looked paler than before, if that was possible. "Do you want to join us?"

-----

Draco paused, he hadn't been expecting that question. It was a huge surprise to wake up before the start of first year, but he was glad at the same time. He and Harry may well have been on opposite sides and often quarrel and fight, and Draco had gone too far with the badges for the first task, but Draco did genuinely like Harry and appreciate their banter based relationship.

He had done a little research at home to see what kind of magic could have been used to cause such a phenomena, so far he had found two different spells, but he had no clue which spell it might be, at least not without more information. One option was a spell being cast on an individual to send them back in time with their memories to do as they will, the other sends everyone close to the target of the spell back in time.

Draco looked over at Ron before giving an answer, it would likely immediately give him information on which spell was used, he hoped it was the second one and that Ron and Hermione knew the cause of Harry's death so they could all prevent it. Ron just gave a half hearted shrug.

It was definitely not the response Draco would have gotten after the had introduced himself in first year last time, but he also didn't introduce himself in the same way, so it wasn't clear yet.

"I would like that, let me go get my things." Draco said with a smile, noticing the slight worry on Harry's face at the amount of time it was taking him to answer.

If he was honest he was always a little jealous of Harry, Ron and Hermione, they always seemed so close, Draco took a long time to make genuine friends. His parents meant well, and he was secure in their love for him, but the way they tried to help him make friends only made it harder for him to make real friends, and Crabbe and Goyle weren't just bad friends, but bad people too.

This time though, it seemed like he would be able to at least somewhat be a part of that group.

-----

In a different compartment a 5th year girl with long hair that had been dyed blue and purple sat, her eyes and the skin around her eyes red and puffy, her hand being held by a man 3 years older than her who was working as a TA for Muggle Studies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

989K 37.3K 88
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1.1M 50.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.7M 48.5K 71
๐…๐‘๐Ž๐™๐„๐ | โYe a cute little thin', aren't ya? I think ye will be mine now...โž โ†โ…โ„โ†โ… ส™แดส€ษด แดา“ แด„แดสŸแด… แด€ษดแด… แดกษชษดแด›แด‡ส€ แด€ษชส€ แด€ษดแด… แดแดแดœษดแด›แด€ษชษด ส€แด€ษชษด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดษชษดษข...
1M 34.1K 61
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...