You, the apocalypse and me! [...

By einfach_Eileen

They say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade out of them. But what if you already have the tastiest lem... More

About: You, the apocalypse and me!
Chapter 1 - Of sweet lemonade and sour lemons
Chapter 2 - Lemons and cakes
Chapter 3 - Insatiable
Chapter 4 - Eerie Silence
Chapter 5 - So much to it...
Chapter 6 - Date with the parents
Chapter 7 - Worry about the sinkholes
Chapter 8 - Work...
Chapter 9 - Everything sucks
Chapter 10 - An interrogation
Chapter 11 - What's going on
Chapter 12 - And then this happened...
Chapter 13 - Creatures everywhere
Chapter 14 - Shelter
Chapter 15 - Attack in the night
Chapter 16 - Just go for it...
Chapter 17 - In a luxury house
Chapter 18 - On the High Seas
Chapter 19 - A New Man
Chapter 20 - Who am I?
Chapter 21 - Regaining control
Chapter 22 - Sailing and Sailing
Chapter 23 - Reunion
Chapter 24 - Little Prince
Chapter 25 - Puria
Chapter 26 - From jealousy and suffering
Chapter 27 - Yibo's Ancestor
Chapter 28 - And escape again
Chapter 29 - The Waterworks
Chapter 30 - Attack on the Waterworks
Chapter 31 - Always new camps
Chapter 32 - Our own stupidity
Chapter 33 - The next bunker
Chapter 34 - Joy
Chapter 35 - The Old School
Chapter 36 - The Bunker for the Rich and Beautiful
Chapter 37 - The Jungle Warriors
Chapter 38 - Trapped
Chapter 39 - The Queen
Chapter 40 - The Secret Door/ Just a Dream?
Chapter 41 - The Creepy Tunnel
Chapter 42 - The stinking bunker
Chapter 43 - The Snowplow
Chapter 44 - The large valley
Chapter 46 - A summary of the last days
Chapter 47 - Bac and his army
Chapter 48 - More Allies &. Battles
Chapter 49 - The last great battle
Chapter 50 - New Beginning (Last Chapter)

Chapter 45 - Quiet life

312 67 6
By einfach_Eileen

Reunited with our parents, the first hours with them and the five others who live there were very hectic. Everyone was excited and talking randomly. Most of them had general questions about the situation in the world and what we know about the survivors. One by one we tried to answer the questions whose answers we had. But about our own way, about our own experiences we came to speak only much later.

The living room, lit with kerosene lamp, shimmered in the pale light of these lamps. A fire crackled in the fireplace, providing pleasant warmth, and we all sat together. I was the only one standing in the room and read from my, this journal, how we survived, what we experienced and how we finally made it to this house and our parents. I only left out the lines where it was about Yibo and my private pleasure.

While I was reading aloud, nothing could be heard except for my voice and the crackling of the fireplace. Everyone was concentrating on what I was reading to them, and I could tell from their faces exactly what they were feeling and thinking about certain situations. But no one said or asked anything. I also showed them the pictures I drew of the creatures and they were frightened.

I gave them the loose sheets of paper with the drawings after I read everything out and they looked at them one by one in silence. Only after Jing, who owns the farm, was the last to look at the pictures, did he say, "I can't believe that such horrible creatures exist. We only saw a handful of gray hairless creatures once. But they were smaller than us, weak and we could kill them easily. Other than that, though, we had a quiet life here."

My mom nodded and said, "That's true. We had and have a quiet life here. I looked at the drawings and I also can't believe that such creatures exist. I'm not saying I don't believe you guys. But we have never seen any of these beings. And what is it about this shadow creature? Why did you let this Bac bite you? Why you too Yibo?"

Yibo's dad said, "If someone offered to make me stronger and have more abilities by biting me, I wouldn't say no either. It's only logical. Who would refuse in a time like this, where you have to be strong, where you need certain abilities to survive, refuse something like that?"

And then Yibo's mom said something that made Yibo angry and disappointed. "What I don't understand is why you came here? I'm very happy, of course, and I can't explain how lucky I am to have you both here. But what on earth drove you to come here and that after we told you several times that we are fine and safe? Why did you take such a dangerous journey? You were imprisoned by that general, taken away by that Raha, you escaped and were injured, you still continued this dangerous journey and were captured again by that Raha. Why didn't you stay in the bunker where you were safe? Why didn't you support the people there?"

"Are you serious mom? We haven't talked in over a year and haven't seen each other in almost a year and a half. We missed you guys. We were worried about you guys because we had no contact with any of you. We just wanted to come here and find you. And that's what Zhan read out earlier." Yibo replied in a changed and somewhat sharp tone.

Yibo's mom was about to reply, looking at him very critically and it was clear that Yibo would like this answer even less. But before she could say what she wanted, Yibo's dad said, "Your mom is just terrified about what you guys went through to find us. But she is also very happy that you came here. Because we also missed you very much and wished we could finally see you again and hold you in our arms. And we are glad that you arrived here in one piece. But we also think you should not have taken these dangers upon yourselves. We would never have forgiven ourselves if you had been killed on the way to us."

My dad stood up, sat down next to Yibo, and wrapped him tightly in his arms. "We are glad and grateful that you brought us our son and that you yourself are well. We know you wouldn't have started this journey with our son if you weren't sure you could make it. So, thank you Yibo and don't take it so much to heart what your worried mom said. She really loves you very much and all that she speaks of is concern for her only and unique son." And then Yibo cried. He cried with relief and gratitude for my dad's words.

When my dad released the hug, Yibo came to me, wrapped me in his arms and hugged me tightly. I whispered in his ear, "Look at your mom, she's crying in your dad's arms. How about you give her a hug?" He nodded, went to her and the two of them hugged each other crying for a long time. That was very emotional for all of us. And I think it was only at that moment that all the emotions that had been building up throughout the day and over the past year came up.

My mom and dad came up to me, my mom stroking my cheek and grinning as she ran both hands through my hair, while my dad patted me on the back and said, "We are proud of you my boy. Or should I say special agent? Wow, I really had no idea what you were really working at."

"I had no idea either. But it makes me proud to have such a great son. And my son has a great man who is an agent. So I was right after all. From the first time I saw Yibo, I knew you two were perfect for each other." Said my mom, lightly pinching my cheek.

I then had another question for my dad that made me a little nervous. "Um dad?"

"Yeah?" He asked.

"You got a license on the internet sometime five or six years ago to marry couples didn't you?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Well, I thought maybe you could marry Yibo and me?"

Yibo spun around, came up to me and looked at me with wide eyes. "Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked me excitedly, before my dad could even answer me.

"Of course I want to. You and I are already engaged, aren't we? And if my dad..."

"I'll do it!" Said my dad, wrapping Yibo and me in his arms. "I'll definitely do it." And suddenly, celebration mood had broken out.

Jing pulled out a bottle of brandy from his secret stash and said, "We have to toast to that."

My mom and Yibo's mom said they would start planning right away and get to work sewing us two wedding suits. Our dads talked about wanting to build an arch for us to stand under and get married. Everyone was excited and talking in confusion.

Yibo and I were facing each other, he was holding my hands, smiling and had tears in his eyes. Tears were just running down my cheeks. And I said to Yibo. "I love you Yibo. And I can't imagine my life without you. You proposed to me in my apartment and I said yes. And I wanted to surprise you with the fact that actually my father could marry us currently."

"You succeeded in the surprise. I don't know what to say. I'm just happy." Yibo replied. And again we hugged each other. There were as many hugs that day as there might have been in a year. But each of those hugs was important, felt good, and was sincere.

After a bottle of brandy, three bottles of potato brandy they made themselves and two bottles of rice wine followed. Yibo and I drank, however, only very little. We were not yet 100% fit again and we did not want to overdo it right away. But it was still a wonderful evening in which we all had a lot of fun and in which Yibo and I, after such a long time to have the feeling of a quiet life and a normal evening with friends and family.

Since there was not enough room in Jing's house next to him, his wife, our parents and the others, Yibo and I had to spend the night in the barn. There are no more animals there, but there is still a lot of straw and hay on the upper platform. We climbed up a ladder and made a bed of straw and hay. Wrapped in our sleeping bags which we tied together again, even the cold was soon forgotten.

Yibo and I didn't fall asleep right away, though. We talked a bit more about the day and evening with our parents, the new impressions and how great we think it is that our families can live such a quiet life here. But we also talked about what to do next. We both immediately said that we would prefer to stay here and not leave again.

But, we must not forget that we are being sought by Raha and his warriors. At some point, Bac will also reappear. Then there is Janala and the feeling that soon there will be a war. A real war between the creatures. And when it does, neither Yibo nor I want our families to get involved.

That means we have to get out of here before it starts. And I'm afraid we won't have much time to enjoy this quiet life with our parents here. We have to leave soon so as not to put them in danger. Hopefully, though, we'll be around long enough to be married by my dad.

"I suppose we shouldn't stay here more than two weeks. Maybe even less." Said I.

"I agree with you ZhanZhan. Raha will leave no stone unturned to find us. I'm sure his flying ally assholes are already looking for us. But I was also hoping that Shadow Ian would come back and we would finally hear news of Bac and what his plans are. This uncertainty is just awful." Yibo replied.

"Mn absolutely. That we just don't know anything is worse than anything. If we at least knew what was coming, we could prepare accordingly. Oh yes, we should also think about where we will go. It must be far enough away from the valley."

"I'm less worried about where to go than I am about how we're going to explain to our parents that we'll be leaving soon enough."

"Oh right. I haven't even thought about that yet. I'm sure that will shock them."

"Exactly ZhanZhan. I think we shouldn't keep this a secret from them and bring it up later already. We need to explain it to them and I hope they will understand."

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about it today. At least give us and our parents two or three carefree days."

"Do you think waiting two or three days will make it better?"

"Maybe not Yibo. But in that two to three days, they can spend carefree time with us. I don't want them to be sad again right away. I want to see our parents happy for a few days."

"All right, you're right about that, of course. But we won't wait more than three days. We want them to have time to adjust."

"And we should also make them understand that we will be returning."

"Yes ZhanZhan. But for now, let's get some sleep. I can barely keep my eyes open. This has been a long and very tiring, as well as emotional day."

"Mn. I wish you a good night Bo. Love you."

"I wish you the same, ZhanZhan. Love you more." He replied and kissed me before I could say anything back.

After a very long passionate kiss, we finally fell asleep arm in arm and didn't wake up again until just after 1 pm when my mom came to the barn to wake us up for lunch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

537K 11.6K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
152K 12K 30
🅒🅞🅜🅟🅛🅔🅣🅔🅓 Wang Yibo, a twenty-eight-year-old handsome guy is a member of a group founded by his brother Haikuan in China-THE PRIVATE EYE. Th...
1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
3.8K 420 6
--- Inspired by Xiao Zhan's Short Film "Buying Ears" (Sina Short Movie - Most Beautiful Performance 2019); Covert Art by Twitter@CynOrca_ An acciden...