When You Walk Away (Hailee St...

Por tobesolxnely27

Hailee Steinfeld is the best detective in Los Angeles. Y/n is a therapist. What happens when the two meet? Or... Más

The Night We Met
Opportunities
Classy, right?
Early meet-ups
Brother
Firsts
Dinner
Competition

Shopping

461 11 1
Por tobesolxnely27

Y/n's pov

"You need to go shopping, we'll go later in the week..."

And that was it.

The weekend following dinner with Hailee, Rose dragged me shopping.

Although I tried to make her understand that going out at nine in the morning just to go shopping for clothes was way too much, my best friend really didn't want to hear it.

To her, it was just right, and who am I to stop her from doing anything especially when she just got her period? That's right, no one.

After having breakfast at a nearby café we headed to my car, ready for this day and hoping that the traffic would not keep us stopped on the road for too long.

We also had to pick up Mitchell since once he heard about our plans to go shopping, he told us that he too desperately needed to revamp his closet.

It didn't take us that long to get to his house, and fortunately by the time we arrived he was ready to get in the car.

"Hey Munchkin, hey Rosie!" He greeted us by climbing into the back seat.

As usual, Rose took care of the music, but I certainly had no complaints since our musical tastes were very similar.

As soon as one of our absolute favorite songs began, we all looked each other in the eye and started singing it at the top of our lungs.

"As he came into the window
Was the sound of a crescendo
He came into her apartment
He left the bloodstains on the carpet
She ran underneath the table
He could see she was unable
So she ran into the bedroom
She was struck down, it was her doom

Annie, are you okay?
So, Annie, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?
Annie, are you okay?
So, Annie, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?
Annie, are you okay?
So, Annie, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?
Annie, are you okay?
So, Annie, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?

Annie, are you okay?
Will you tell us that you're okay?
There's a sound at the window
Then he struck you, a crescendo Annie
He came into your apartment
He left the bloodstains on the carpet
And then you ran into the bedroom
You were struck down
It was your doom..."

"I cannot put into words how much I love this song, it never gets old!" I exclaimed, always keeping my attention on the road, but the traffic had now completely blocked us, so from time to time we had to stop.

"You can't, but Hailee can. She says you're adorable and if it weren't for the fact that she has to work today, she'd be here with us," Mitchell says calmly, his words leaving me confused for a few seconds.

"He sent her a video of you singing in the car," Rose told me, I swear I was going to delete Hailee's number from my brother's phone sooner or later, it wasn't the first time he embarrassed me in front of her.

"Come on! She says you're cute, didn't you hear what I said?" I pretended not to hear him and kept driving, the traffic was now over so we would be at the mall in no time.

All along the way Mitchell tried to remind me of Hailee's words, and yes, they made me blush every time, but still, I wasn't going to let my brother win.

"She also says she keeps thinking about Saturday...dinner, right?" My brother's words made me laugh; they didn't know the whole story.

"Yes, of course, dinner..." I chuckled, leaving them both confused.

"Thank you for tonight, it was wonderful," Hailee told me once we were alone in the living room.

Rose had gone out with colleagues and as usual would not be home the next morning, while our brothers had gotten tickets to a game at the last minute, so they had to rush off.

It was cute how they had already become practically best friends.

"You don't have to, it was the least I could do after the day at the park, it was great," I replied, making myself closer to her on the couch while a simple rom-com was on the TV.

"You deserve the most beautiful thing I can give you, Y/n," she whispered, making herself closer to me.

"It's been exactly one month since we met. I know it may seem like a very short time to other people, but to me, as I hope it is to you, it feels like I've known you all my life. I already knew I shouldn't expect something typical from you, and although it may have seemed like it, tonight was more than that. I don't know why I'm getting lost in so many words, remember what I told you a few days ago?" She asked, trying to remember what she might have told me, but when she noticed that I was having a hard time remembering she immediately came to my rescue.

"I told you that you were special," she reminded me, and cursed myself for not remembering it right away. "Yes, I remember, sorry," my words made her chuckle, and at the same time she grew even closer.

The tension was starting to kill me, I wanted to do something about it, but I didn't want to overstep.

"Don't worry about it. As I said, I told you you were special, because no person has ever made me feel so good..." she got even closer, I could feel her breath on my body. "No person has ever made me feel the chills as soon as they walk into a room...no person is you, Y/n," once she finished speaking, I felt her get even closer. Her gaze fell to my lips and so did mine, I suppose we were both waiting for the other to make the first move.

I think Hailee sensed that I was far too shy to do so, which made her smile before closing any distance between us.

The moment I had been waiting for exactly one month was finally happening.

I wanted someone to pinch me just to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

During our contact I can sense that she wanted it as much as I did, and I swear I have never been happier in my life.

Cliché enough, but our lips seem to be meant to do this, as if all this time they were meant to be at this precise moment in our lives.

We are only apart again when we both need air, and as soon as we looked into each other's eyes we burst out laughing.

"I've wanted to do this for far too long," he said laughing, and as a response I did nothing but close the distance between us again.

Leaving them with the benefit of the doubt, I parked the car in front of the mall, and once we did we went inside and immediately split up: Mitchell stayed on the ground floor while Rose and I went to the second floor.

Among the various stores we toured were H&M and Pull & Bear, which were the ones where Rose convinced me to get the most things since in her opinion they fit perfectly with the way I dressed.

She also had me get some more...important clothes, despite the fact that I told her I didn't need them she insisted that since I was more or less in a relationship now, I had to have at least one such dress in my closet.

After spending far too much time shopping for my taste, we decided to call Mitchell to ask him if he would like to have lunch with us, and of course, he said yes.

We knew that would be his answer, so we stopped at a place right next to the mall and ordered for him as well.

We had been sitting for a few minutes when before me, sitting at a table with my back to me, I noticed a familiar figure, but didn't quite understand until they stood up to leave.

"Hailee?" I called her name as I stood up, she turned around, and I could see she was wearing sunglasses. Was she perhaps in full-detective mode?

"Y/n!" I noticed from the way she said my name that she definitely did not expect to find me here, or at least for me to see her.

"I thought you were at work?" I told her, I wasn't angry, I simply didn't think she might be around.

"Ah, yes, my boss particularly likes a sandwich they make here, he asked me to get some so the whole team can eat, it's quite a tiring day and it's going to be long," she nodded her head at the comment, noting the envelope she was holding.

Hailee told me that she needed to leave before it got late, so she gave me a hug and left.

I have to admit I was a little frustrated because she only gave me a hug, but on the one hand I understand her since there is Rose right next to us and she doesn't know that last Saturday we kissed.

After a while my brother arrived, and after eating together we went home.

Hailee's pov

I hate to lie to her, but I couldn't have told her the truth.

Max had taken this case so much to heart that he had ordered me to "spy" on Rose, and even if I tried everything in my power to convince him that it wasn't necessary, he didn't want to hear it, I would have to.

After last Saturday I am completely sure of how I feel about her, everything I had told her was the truth. No one had ever made me feel this way, and as much as I may fear relationships since my previous ones didn't exactly end well, I know I want to be with her more than anything else.

That's why I prepared an evening for the two of us in a few days, I made sure I got tickets to a concert by one of Y/n's favorite bands, The Neighbourhood.

She told me about how much she loves the band and how she practically grew up with their songs, so I knew right away that when I asked her the famous question, we would have to be somewhere special.

Once back at the station I headed to the meeting room where most of the team and Max had already set to work on totally another case.

I put the bag of food on the table and then headed toward Max, there was a vacant chair right next to him so I occupied that one.

"I will never do anything like that again, I'm a detective, not a stalker," I told him, trying to be as cool as possible.

"Detective Steinfeld, I have told you multiple times that I have this case close to my heart, and you assured me that you would do your best to see it through, or am I wrong?" His tone irritated me, I swear if I could I would have requested a transfer to another station in a whole other city, but that would mean leaving too many things behind, too many people, including Y/n.

Y/n...I hope I never have to tell her about all this and that the investigation against Rose reveals her to be innocent.

"Yes, sir, but you are not respecting what my job is. You should ask me one more thing of this kind, and I will back out of this case. Excuse me," I said as I left the room, heading for my office.

I sat down at my desk and rested my legs on it, as soon as I did I heard my phone ringing, when I saw who was calling I did nothing but smile.

"Florence! I miss you!"

"Ahhh Steinfeld, long time no see! And I miss you too, bug. I've been calling to give you some great news!"

"Tell me everything!"

"I may have booked a flight to Los Angeles..."

"You've got to be kidding me! It's not possible! When will you get here?"

"I haven't gotten to the best part yet..."

"Spit it out!"

"The ticket is one-way, I'm moving there,"

"I can't believe it! You're serious, right? You're not making fun of me, are you?"

"I'm dead serious, bug. I auditioned for a film to be shot there and I got it, and since I'm a little tired of living here I decided to move there for good. Besides offering me more job opportunities I'll be able to see you, Griffin and David whenever I want! Isn't that great?"

"I'm so glad you're coming here, I can't wait to see you. When are you coming here?"

"Next Sunday, that's soon!"

"I can't wait, I have to tell you a couple of things..."

"From the way you tell me it sounds like you've met someone, right?"

"That's right. She's great, Flo. You're going to love her,"

"No doubt about it, unless she's like those bitchy exes of yours, I'm sure I'll get along with her,"

"She's nothing like them, Flo. I swear she's from another world, otherwise you can't explain how she's like that,"

"All right, bug. I look forward to meeting her then!"

"Bye Flo, see you Sunday!"

"See you Sunday!"

Thank goodness Florence exists.

A/N: And finally, our fav Brit is here! And of course, the awaited kiss!
I sincerely hope you liked this chapter <3

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

66.3K 2K 54
"You just murdered him. You're a psychopath..." I state, looking at Hailee like she was crazy. "I'm not a psychopath." She shrugged, her eyes fixate...
19.3K 347 37
Y/n a female boxer , hailee steinfeld a actress , who both meet when it was y/n birthday . Who knows what will happen next *no smut* (feel weird writ...
130K 5K 31
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐲/𝐧 𝐥/𝐧, 𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫, 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥, 𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩. 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬, 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐞�...
128K 4.6K 35
"Nobody can live without their heart. It powers them, and Hailee's mine." ------------------- They both knew it was wrong to begin with but they did...