Meet Me by Dawn (By Dawn seri...

Af EmersonWinter

18+ VERY SPICY WITH PLOT. (This book series is under editorial changes) . Set in Ireland, Dark Falls. Secre... Mere

Copyright (read tw)
Playlist
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 2

2.5K 105 5
Af EmersonWinter

Edited

"Second exit on the roundabout," Jenny said, her voice muffled by the granola bar she'd been struggling to unwrap a moment ago. You'd think she'd handle that better, given her proficiency in more dangerous activities. I followed her instructions, turning onto Sunflower Road, of all names. "Now, take a left, then a right."

The sky was darkening, but thankfully, the rain had finally ceased. I silently cursed the weather; if I had to carry these boxes in the rain, my books would be ruined. The area was eerily quiet, and the houses, more like mini-mansions, spoke of affluence. Some had a modern touch, while others exuded traditional Irish charm.

As I took the right turn, I found myself on a narrow stone road, surrounded by yet another forest. "I'm going to live in the woods?" I broke the silence, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"You're going to love it," Jenny assured me. Not that I minded living in the woods.

The forest began to thin out, and Jenny was right again. The house stood before me, grand and white, its tall, framed windows commanding attention. A balcony on the second floor extended over a black-painted double door at the entrance. A spacious front yard provided ample parking space, and open fields with wildflowers flanked the sides of the house – it was nothing short of a dream.

"You're quiet. Does that mean you love it?" Jenny inquired.

"Yes! I absolutely love it; it's perfect. I can't wait for you to come visit. Thank you for staying on the line. Good luck, and call me later?" I parked the car and leaned forward, gazing at the house through the windshield.

"Yesss," she replied. "Text me. Love you." And before I could reciprocate the sentiment, she hung up, leaving me with the distant beeping sound.

I opened the car door, inhaling the fresh, rain-washed air. Autumn was approaching, bringing a chill to the night air, but I hoped to enjoy one more month of summer before swapping dresses for jeans. This part of Ireland had experienced an unusually warm summer, and I hoped it would linger a bit longer.

After retrieving my bag from the backseat, I climbed the stairs to the front door, where I found the key under the mat. I wondered whether the house was already furnished or if I'd have the opportunity to decorate it to my liking. Turning the key, I entered my new home for the next few years, and I instantly felt a sense of belonging.

I stepped into a marbled foyer that led to a spacious living room, bathed in natural light streaming through glass doors. It was adorned in bright whites. I dropped my bag and went back to the car for my books and belongings.

Navigating the first floor, I noted the hardwood floors and built-in shelves, where I left my boxes of books. The kitchen, partly open to the living room through a large archway, was the next project on my list – I intended to paint it green. The white kitchen would soon transform into a rich, dark green, ideally by the end of the week. Paired with dark wood countertops, it promised to be stunning.

The first floor also featured a bedroom with a bathroom, which I planned to reserve for my pretend grandpa, due to visit by Christmas. I retraced my steps to the foyer and climbed the grand staircase. The second floor housed more bedrooms and bathrooms. Finally, I located the room with the balcony and French doors – it was perfect, and it even had a mattress. I opened the glass doors and stepped outside. Through the damp forest, I could see houses and streetlights casting a golden hue in the dim night. A few more drops of rain fell, prompting me to return inside.

I collected my bags from downstairs and brought them up to my new bedroom. Afterward, I unpacked my bag of weapons and meticulously organized them – Glocks, silenced guns, knives, throwing knives, and various poisons and antidotes.

Following a lengthy shower, I changed into a T-shirt and a skirt. I fastened my holster and secured my Glock to my thigh, then drove off in search of food.

Navigating the narrow, dimly lit streets in the darkness proved somewhat challenging, but I soon spotted the warm glow of lights in a few windows. I parked at the curb and hurried across the street. As I entered the establishment, I was greeted by low music and a cozy ambiance. The woman behind the counter offered me a warm smile.

"How can Oi be helpin' ya?" woman said with a thick Irish accent, her words rolling off her tongue like the melody of a folk song.

"Do you make burgers at this hour?" I inquired, peeking at the clock on my phone. It was past eleven.

"We stopped servin' a minute ago, but Oi'll make an exception. Are ya new to town?"

"Thank you kindly, yes. I actually got here tonight," I replied and took a seat on one of the stools at the bar.

"Ah, would ya be takin' it with ya, then?" She offered a friendly smile.

"Thank you, yes," I said, returning her smile.

As I scanned the cozy pub, my eyes caught sight of a dark-haired man sitting alone, his back turned to me. The rain outside fell harder, adding to the soothing ambiance of the place. A group of people entered through the creaking doors, their laughter and chatter filling the air as they settled at a table in the corner. The server deftly took their orders before disappearing into the back.

I had been looking forward to this break for months, and a sense of calm washed over me. This small town was now my home for the next two years, and I didn't need to travel anywhere or be anywhere else. Leaning my elbows on the polished wooden counter, I rested my chin in my palms as I waited, soaking in the friendly atmosphere and lilting Irish accents around me.

As the woman returned with my burger, she offered it with a warm smile. "Thank you."

"Hey," she added as I turned to leave. "Welcome to Dark Falls."

I appericiate you taking your time to read my story. Please leave me a vote, follow and a comment if you want to show me some support

Find me on other socials

Instagram: emersonwinter.author

Tiktok: emersonwinter.author

Inkitt: emersonwinter

Thanks

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

145K 6.2K 69
Peachjae: YO ARE YOU THAT FUCKER WHO MESSED WITH MY BROTHER Nojam: Dude look I can explain
3M 193K 89
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
612K 63.9K 25
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
3.1M 76.6K 29
"It's funny that you think the choice is up to you babydoll." Delrick's icy tone sends chills through my core. All I can do is back up in an attempt...