Flames Of Love

Por exxangel

A Bond Between a Vampire and Werewolf was like Fire and Ice. For Hundreds of years both creatures have been... Más

Summary
WELCOME
EXTRA INFO
INTRODUCTION
CH 1. Cold Beauty
CH 2. The Phoenix
CH. 3. Lord Byun
CH 4. Secrets in Flames
CH. 6 Ice Breaking
CH 7. Dilemma
CH. 8. Zhang Yixing
CH.9. HeartLess
CH 10. Carved with Flames.
CH. 11. So You Care?
CH 12. Hybrids
CH 13. Master Xiu
CH 14. The Unforseen
CH 15. Calm Before the Storm
CH 16. Echoing Abyss ( 1 )
CH 17. Echoing Abyss ( 2 )
CH 18. An Artisan?
CH 19. Trap or Trials?
CH 20. The Unknown.
CH 21. Crescentum: The Cursed Land.
CH 22. Crescentum : Breaking Dawn
CH 23. Unveiling Bonds
CH 24 : Serenity.

CH 5. The Destined

268 18 4
Por exxangel

Author's Pov :

Chanyeol stared at the Vampires with a frown, Why is everyone so hung up on me being a phoenix?

Even knowing that he is a powerful creature, who is worshipped by all of them, it's still a curse to him. He lost his parents because of what he is, and now some dangerous beings are after him and will surely go after his pack.

He looked at the Vampire's unscathed hands. He was wondering how in the hell the fire didn't affect him. Fire was harmful to Vampires, at least that's what he knows with experience.

First he gets to know that the Vampire can breathe and now he was immune to Fire. Just wow, there is so much to it.

He was still somehow worried though, "Are your hands okay?" He inquired softly only for the Vampire to put his hands behind his back and regard him with a dismissive look.

"They are fine" was the only reply he got.

Even if he asked him how, he was sure he won't get answers.

Sighing, he straightened his clothes and stared at the Vampires casually, "What do you all need?"

His question startled the Vampire's as they didn't expect the Alpha to directly come on point.

"We need nothing" Luhan said blandly. "Just being curious. You are more than what you think Alpha. Being a phoenix, having those amazing powers, does this not excite you?"

"No..?" He replied smoothly further annoying the Pink haired Vampire more who hissed, before Chanyeol cut him off again this time replying more gently. "I honestly don't care at all"

Jongdae chuckled as he regarded Chanyeol with a smirk, eyes twinkling with amusement. "Well, you sure are interesting"

Luhan hummed as he suddenly stood up from where he sat and looked sharply at the Alpha male before grinning mischievously.

To Chanyeol's surprise he felt something behind him coming towards him like a woosh of air, his ears twitch and with a swift whirl he caught the knife in his palm.

His eyes were alert and wide as he caught the knife effortlessly. Looking over his shoulder Luhan grinned even more as more an more unpredictable things came towards Chanyeol, but alas the Alpha male was too quick and sharp to avoid them all.

Jongin smiled slyly. "It's the first time ever someone could match Luhan Hyung's powers".

Luhan stared at the Alpha and let out an agitated sigh. "What do you think that was Alpha? Extraordinary, yeah"

Chanyeol dropped the knife and tried to calm down his heart. He remained silent recalling that in their fight a few minutes ago, the Vampire used this same trick to attack him with a fire wood stick.

He hummed and nodded in utmost admiration. "Telekinesis" he thought to himself, then again, none of them seemed to be ordinary vampires.

"Do each one of you have powers?" he asked.

Jongdae's turn to grin. "Aw, aren't you curious?"

Chanyeol shrugged as his gaze moved towards the cold vampire who narrowed his eyes at Jongdae before closing them again. At that moment he looked more like a monk. He chuckled internally, recalling how grumpy he has been since they arrived here.

"That's interesting. What about you both? What's in the store for you" He inquired but got two similar answers.

Jongdae only smirked "What's the fun in that" he said.

"Well, I am honoured to meet a gang of supernatural beings who are extraordinary" He says impressed. "But really if you want me to join you all in some insane supernatural adventures then I have to say no, because I have a whole pack to look after"

Luhan narrowed his eyes on him, Chanyeol can feel the tension rising around him.

"Your whole life is going to be an adventure" A third voice interrupted. "You can't avoid it, when it's in your destiny. Do you even know what you have been gifted with?"

Chanyeol immediately stiffened, as his smile faded, his grey eyes stayed cool as ever as they skimmed towards the ice prince who has now taken it upon himself to inquire about Chanyeol.

He didn't hesitate to show his displeasure. He doesn't want to go through this. It's so suffocating whenever his powers are brought up. It's a big joke if they think it's a gift. The moon goddess has made him a feast for all those beasts.

"A gift? I don't want it. You can have it if you want"

Jongdae, who was struck with the Alpha's words, immediately chuckled. "Whoa whoa whoa, I don't like where this is going"

"If you can save even one person with those powers, isn't it a gift?" Jongin's words made sense, but still...

"How can I save anyone, when I can't even save my-" He halted. Gulping those words down he tried to smile again. "If only I was just a normal werewolf I could have lived peacefully"

"Being a Werewolf is not exactly normal in itself Alpha. What in the world does a definition of normal be to you?" The ice Prince questioned.

Chanyeol stared determined as he answered, as if he had already imagined everything. "Doesn't everyone want the same thing?. I want to find my mate, have a family and stay in peace together with my pack. It's my dream and I will surely make it possible"

The ice Prince snorted as if he found the Alpha's word funny, "What if you can't make it possible. What if your dream shatters before it even starts? What if your mate is someone you never expected to be?"

Chanyeol tilted his head as he stood firmly, "First answer, I will try harder. Second, If it shatters I will start all over again until I am alive. Lastly, No matter what I will always love my mate"

The ice Prince scoffed as if the more Chanyeol answers the more fun they get.

Raising his dark eyes which resemble the dark clouds now, darkening sky. "Mates are nothing but someone who is forced upon you by your so called moon goddess. It's all about stupid Mate bond, forcing two people to love eachother, when you don't even know each other. You all do crazy shit, for someone whom you just met"

Chanyeol's eyes widened at those words, he was ready to defend their Goddess, saying something which he didn't mean to say out loud. He has been crazy for his mate searching for her/him far and wide and now suddenly someone is telling him how stupid he is. Someone who doesn't even know what mates are to werewolves.

"I am sorry but What do you even know about mates anyways" ouch. You didn't mean that you dumb Alpha. But I am right. Vampires are immortal, they don't know anything about love. They are coldblooded killers.

Chanyeol cursed himself internally as he watched the dark look moved to fix over him and stayed over his face.

"At least I know that love shouldn't be forced, it just happens"

Chanyeol was taken aback at the intensity in those words that even he was surprised.

"Werewolves are brainless for a reason" Luhan commented as if trying to change the subject and stop the two chickens from arguing. He sped up towards the table and picked up the Vine bottle, pouring himself some blood. "You can win the world with those powers. Rule not just the mist but everything in your sight. Didn't the prophecy say the exact same thing?"

Chanyeol blinked, trying to clear his head once again the hold on his bag tightened. "Surviving in this world is enough of a challenge. Having such powers can only cost me my life. Trust me, the goddess is least in favour of me"

Jongin was the only one who chuckled as he patted Chanyeol. "Thankgod, you aren't some power hungry maniac or it would have been difficult for us. Let's say you are under our protection now"

Chanyeol raised a brow at the tan male, even wanting an answer for his over excitement. "I can protect myself" he responded.

Jongdae nodded as he gave Chanyeol a doubtful look. "You can't against an army of bloodthirsty demons, who can go to any length just to have your power"

Chanyeol wanted to argue but Luhan chimmed in. "Yep, and you care for your pack like no other so how would you protect them if you will be busy protecting your own self?"

Chanyeol could feel his wolf was getting restless. He was confused and really pissed off from all the phoenix shit or Maybe it was that mate comment or that smell of human blood, or was it the Vampires. Anyways, he and his wolf needed a run badly. His mind was going to burst.

The weather was getting heavy, a perfect time for letting his beast out.
Looking around, he starred in the woods, then across the vast land. This place looks isolated and safe.

Jongin raised a brow, "What's wrong?"

Chanyeol fixed his gaze again towards the Vampires. "We can talk later, I need to process everything and fir that I need a run. So can I ...?"

Jongdae nodded a bit too happily. "Sure, you know Luhan Hyung kept praising your physique and darn, do you need new clothes, coz I heard that after turning into your wolf your clothes kinda get torn apart and I think none of us can survive with a handsome hunk like yourself, strutting naked ...."

"Jongdae" a cold voice interrupted the blubbering mess of a Vampire who immediately shut up. Chanyeol held back a smile. The ice prince sighed, opening his eyes looking straight towards the Alpha Instead. "This place is safe. But don't get lost in it"

Chanyeol was again going to say he wasn't a kid but bit his tongue instead. Its that he can feel that the Vampire was still grumpy and if he said something they would be each other's neck again, at least the Vampire would definitely snap his neck this time.

Sighing, he let it go. Don't know why he was getting so riled up. It has never happened before.

"Don't worry I will keep a watch!" Jongin raised his hand looking happy to take this task.

Luhan took a sip of his bloody drink before a foggy look appeared before his eyes. After a few minutes he blinked and straightened himself.

"The Vampire Council has requested our presence" Mumbling he drank the remaining blood before facing the ice Prince. "If they brag about that weapon again, I swear I am going to snap one of their necks anytime soon"

The ice Prince didn't look phased as if used to the other's outburst. Instead a blank expression marred the ice Prince face as he got up ready to leave.

Chanyeol sent a confused glance towards the pink haired Vampire but he didn't even look at him.

Instead he turned to give Jongin and Jongdae a warning look. "Look after the Werewolf. Don't let him out of your sight. Will we continue after getting back"

Both the males nodded, before Luhan and the Ice Prince took off.

Chanyeol removed his hoodie then took off his jeans. He closed his eyes imagining his wolf form. Bones cracked one by one as his body started to change into an animal with white fur coating appearing over his skin, nails turning to claws as they dug into the grass, teeth growing thicker as eyes changed from deep grey to shiny silver blue ones.

The Vampires whistled as they stared impressed at the huge White wolf who looked nothing like those average wolves they have encountered. This one was divine and beautiful. They have heard the story of the Moon Goddess favouring the white wolves as they are special and unique but it's been ages since they have seen one like this one. He was huge and looked powerful. One stare was enough for them to submit.

Chanyeol barely waited for them to say something as he took off. He heard the sound of thunder rolling above him, as dark clouds got themselves ready to shower the raindrops on him. He smiled, his wolfish grin as his excitement rose to new heights. Sometimes he wondered if the Gods above knew what he needed.

He howled happily before taking off faster. The wind picked up as it teased his fur, the sweet scent of soil and rain entered his nostrils, before he flared and narrowed his eyes towards the unknown route. The area was extremely beautiful and really vast to run. The trees were leaner and the path wider, no branches came his way to stop him. Just the way he always wanted.

At this moment he thought about his pack. How is everyone coping with him gone? Sehun must be raining curses while Kyungsoo might be glaring at the Beta. The Elders must have already prepared all the punishment they want to give Sehun for letting Chanyeol go and offcourse they must have a speech ready to lecture Chanyeol for hours. He just hopes his pack will manage until he gets back.

He thought of everything that's been happening. These four Vampires might be involved with his Phoenix mystery but they are not the ones who wanted his powers for a bad cause. Somehow he has this unknown feeling that beside these four there is someone else who not only killed all those members of his pack but is also trying to lure him out. He just has to ask the Ice Prince to tell him the truth so that he can figure it all out and get back to his pack. The danger is lurking on all of his people, not just him and it's giving him a bad feeling about staying here for a long time.

Chanyeol's sensors grew as he heard the soft sound of water nearby. He picked up his pace and came to a halt near a huge waterfall. The sky has become darker and the water in the stream has become faster. A few droplets have already started to fall. He leaned down to drink some water before leaning back and staring at his reflection.

He grinned and stared at his wolf form. His wolf loves to play with his own reflection meanwhile Chanyeol was left to stare at it amused. He cackled at the playful side of his wolf as he let out a snort.

Chanyeol was ready to stop his own Wolf's antics when suddenly the water blurred and instead of his reflection a woman's face appeared. Chanyeol was startled as he took a step back. Who the hell was that!? He questioned before going back to stare at the water surface again. She was there smiling at him, but before he could say anything, the water suddenly rose up.

Chanyeol's eyes were wide as he stared at whatever the hell it was. The water was starting to take the shape of something which looked more like a human now.

Chanyeol was so lost at the scene before him that he was amazed when the water formed into a lady, the same lady whom he saw in the water.

Her blank eyes stared into the depth of his soul as her lips formed into a watery smile.

Chanyeol didn't know what he should do. Was he even allowed to do anything? Growl maybe? Looking at her divine form she looked rather like an illusion and far from a threat.

"So we meet again"

Chanyeol's wolfish brows furrowed together in confusion. Again. What does she mean? We have never met.

She is so pretty Just like a goddess. I want to ask her. What can I do for you your holiness but he was in his wolf form, she won't understand him.

The lady laughed softly as she stared at him with adoration. Why is she looking at me like that? Chanyeol asked himself.

"It's been ages since someone called me pretty and with so much respect," she uttered with the same gentle smile. "And that too by none other than a child of prophecy. It's an Honor"

Child of prophecy? Does she also know about the pheonix? But how?

The lady laughed again before mumbling a "Yes I do. How? Well, let's say I know everything about you before you were even born"

Chanyeol was stunned as he stared at her in surprise. How can she know about him? Did she just read my thoughts? He was even more alarmed now.

He quickly snapped out of his thoughts when the lady spoke again. "I know you have tons of questions to ask me my child but there is no time. I am sure until now you must have got the wind of what you are yes?"

Chanyeol slowly nodded before the lady said something which shocked the Alpha. "I know what dilemma you are facing. I also know what you have lost and what you are about to gain" she paused to smile at him, raising a watery limb to pat his wolf head "You have to believe and trust in yourself. Because what you have right now is definitely dangerous but it's also a blessing"

Chanyeol was shocked to hear that. If what she says is right then no wonder everyone wants it.

'But why me? I am already powerful enough with my wolf. I don't need anymore powers' He asked.

Leaning back, her figure started to get smaller as if she was ready to shrink any time soon not before finishing her last words. "Everything happens for a reason. You will find one soon. The danger is not far ahead" she stared into distance before patting Chanyeol's head one last time" I have to go now, but be aware, don't let them awaken the darkness"

"Wait!" he hurriedly ask her as her watery smile became dim and her figure started to crumble.

She gave him one last solemn look before disappearing into the abyss.

Chanyeol was so stunned to even move. Was he dreaming? Was that all just his mind going crazy from over thinking? Was it all just his hallucination? Like can someone freaking answer him for Goddess sake!

"So you already found it?" a voice interrupted his internal war which was going in his mind, when thunder roared again in the dark sky which was ready to rain anytime soon. "It's the waterfall of souls"

Chanyeol's wolfish eyes snapped towards the tan male Vampire perched over the tree. He jumped from over the tree and stood beside Chanyeol.

Did the Vampire saw the lady too? he thought.

"The War between the Vampires and Witches took place here. They say the daughter of the High Warlock was very protective of this place, so much that before dying she trapped half her soul in this place. It does sound like a fairy tale. "

That made at least two things clear that he wasn't dreaming and that the Vampire didn't see or hear anything. So the one he met just a few minutes ago was the high warlock's daughter.

Chanyeol waited for him to continue as Jongin moved his gaze towards him with a small grin. "Well, I think it's just a myth" then he snorted. "Why will someone leave a chance to go to heaven then stay here in the world were they don't exist anymore?"

Chanyeol hummed. Well maybe they have some unfinished business left.

They both walked back towards the mansion as the rain was soon gonna descend over the ground. Jongin did grumble about how he despises getting soaked in rain and that all Vampires hate rain to the core but Chanyeol can't agree. He was a rain lover and someone who doesn't like it is not new to him because his own Delta Kyungsoo as a strong dislike to rain.

Chanyeol transformed into his human form again before changing into his clean set of clothes. The rain was getting thicker but the forest trees were wide and covered their bodies from soaking completely.

Chanyeol at that moment couldn't keep himself calm. He needs to have his answers and get back home as soon as possible.

"Do you mind telling me how you found me?" He asked. "I mean the whole Vampire Council is after me and they still haven't found me but you and your friends did. How?"

Jongin chuckled as he smiled cheekily at the Alpha. He didn't expect the Alpha to be so straightforward with him.

"It's called Auramancy. I can read anyone's Aura, even from afar" he replied without hesitating. "Remember we found those two spies from your pack, we found a Prophecy in their palms and it was regarding the phoenix, the one we have been searching for. We didn't know who it was from your pack, but I did read your Aura and it was burning around you like a huge raw flame"

Chanyeol inhaled as he heard about his aura giving a small nod towards the Vampire accepting the answer before asking another one. "Why not talk to me directly?"

Jongin didn't get startled this time his gaze ran around as if looking out for something. "Firstly, the Vampires and werewolves have been enemies since ages, we weren't sure if you would have even heard us out. Secondly, the doubt you have in your heart is not wrong. I did sense a dark aura in your pack. Something that you know exists but it's faint and out of reach. I've never felt something like that before"

Chanyeol's heart clenched at that. "So there is an intruder" he confirmed to himself.

Jongin hesitated to say something else, when Chanyeol nodded towards him to say it without any doubt.

"I think your packmates were somehow under a spell. Umm how to put this...i think they were being controlled" he revealed. "Someone else was pulling the strings and if I am not wrong, that aura held a type of Darkness, you can mistake it to be some kind of..."

Chanyeol turned to stare at the tan male with confirmation in his gaze. "Black Magic"

Jongin nodded, "Whoever that person was, he was still there when the black wolf attacked as well. I couldn't trace that creature. Didn't you feel odd about it when he suddenly attacked my Hyung?"

Chanyeol was now really taking it all through well. He never thought in his entire life that someone would go to such lengths for power. His people were dying and that person was using them as puppets. But who?

"Their bodies were drained of blood, doesn't it give a clear answer that it's a Vampire?" He asked further as the tanned male Vampire does know more of what he knows.

"Might be" Jongin frowned. "And the way they were already in your pack, it does confirm that they know you are the phoenix and that they have been there for quite sometime, at least from the time when you found your pack mates dying one by one"

They became silent again when Jongin suddenly chuckled.

"You know you are really something. You still haven't asked me why we want to protect you"

Chanyeol shrugged with a reassuring smile, "I have a hint that it's something you don't like sharing with a random werewolf, but unless and until you won't be sharing it with me at your own will, I won't pry"

Jongin gave him a grateful look. "You are too calm for someone with so much power" his voice suddenly becomes sad. "Power makes you go crazy, meanwhile you aren't even bothered with it"

Chanyeol wanted to deny that he was calm about everything. How should he say that the ice Prince has somewhat spiralled under his skin and got to those walls which Chanyeol has never let even himself touch them.

When they reached the mansion, he could figure out the three Vampires. The two who went to meet the council were already back. The air seemed tense as Chanyeol and Jongin made their way over to them.

Luhan was pacing with an annoyed frown on his face, Jongdae looked deep in thought meanwhile the Ice Prince looked as blank as he normally looked. They seemed to be discussing something which made even Chanyeol glance at them with concern.

"What's the matter?" Jongin inquired as he looked among the Vampires. They all seemed to snap towards him only for Luhan to hiss.

"We have no time left, the Council is moving fast" He regarded Chanyeol with a calculating look before continuing. "Remember this Alpha, no matter what don't step out of the barrier at least for a week"

Chanyeol want to ask why but his curiosity was cut off by Jongdae.

"The Vampire Council is after you, and they would do anything to get their hands on you. That means targeting your pack members"

Chanyeol took in all those words. His pack was going to be the target now. He has already lost his parents but he can't bear the thought of losing his pack. They are his only family left.

"What about the barrier. It's already been breached once and I am not sure if it's still the same as before" he asked with concerned laced his voice.

The Ice prince gave Chanyeol a brief glance as he walked towards him.

"That's why I am coming with you. I will be checking it and see what I can do, Let's go"

Saying that the Ice Prince grabbed Chanyeol before the curious Alpha can Inquire more, they Vanished leaving behind three Vampires who still had frown on their faces.

❤️❤️❤️

Hello everyone. I am sorry for disappearing for so long. 🥲

I had exams, and depressing days. So please forgive me. 🤧

I hope you all enjoy. ✊

Thankyou for Reading ❤️

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

40.7K 1.4K 15
Baekhyun knows what he wants. Or at least he thinks he does until a chance hookup with a gorgeous stranger in a club reveals submissive tendencies he...
4.3K 330 34
Baekhyun grew up as a famous prince but he is also known as the sweetest strongest witch that everyone adores. They often mistakenly labeled a witch...
107K 5.1K 40
A ChanBaek Fanfiction. A fragile boy with an accordian heart and a Giant cloaked with thunder. Green and Blue, As they collide, A vision, Of Ecstasy...
254 94 76
In the ethereal realm of angels, a fallen figure named Baekhyun wanders, his once magnificent golden wings now tattered and tarnished. Consumed by pr...